Group 4 (May 25-31) Week of 11/11

EDD/weeks+days: 

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: 

Baby is the size of a(n):

Upcoming appointments:

How are you feeling? 

Raves/Rants: 

Questions: 

GTKY: Do you have a favorite family recipe (whether you make it or just enjoy it when someone else makes it)?

Re: Group 4 (May 25-31) Week of 11/11

• EDD/weeks+days: 11w6d 

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Finding out (and I'm so excited to find out)

Baby is the size of a(n):Lime

Upcoming appointments:I have an appointment tomorrow, I do my early glucose test, and get blood drawn for NIPT (was well and get lots of questions answered about what to expect since I'm high risk)

How are you feeling? I'm actually starting to feel pretty good, minus this damn cold I can't seem to kick. Although, my boobs suddenly got really saggy feeling. They are still huge, just saggy now, which is sort of annoying. 

Raves/Rants: My rant is we told DD, and she seems to be taking it pretty well. She is the type that likes to really think about things, so she is asking lots of questions. And she is adamant that it's a girl. I keep telling her it could be a boy and she says "or it could be a girl." She also keeps saying she doesn't want to be a big sister because "I just want to be me." Hard to explain to a three year old that she can still be her, but that will also include being a big sister. 

Questions: none this time

GTKY: Do you have a favorite family recipe (whether you make it or just enjoy it when someone else makes it)? I love our family stuffing! This year I'm thinking of making some kind of dessert though, cause I don't like pie... give me all the chocolate! 
  • EDD/weeks+days: 12 weeks today. EDD May 25

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Finding Out

Baby is the size of a(n): Plum, according to the app. However, I compared plums and limes (week 11 fruit) at Kroger yesterday, and the plums were definitely smaller than the limes. Even the smallest lime was bigger than the biggest plum. Maybe Tennessee gets abnormally large limes/small plums? I may just stick with lime this week since the kids have taken to calling this one Baby Lime.

Upcoming appointments: 12w appt and u/s tomorrow!

How are you feeling? Okay. My nausea has worn off but the dizziness has kicked in to overdrive. I sit still and the room spins. My blood pressure was on the low side this morning.

Raves/Rants: I finally started taking half a dose of Unisom and my sleep is so much better. Every little sound would wake me and then I'd be awake for an hour or two, but now I fall right back to sleep on the rare occasions I wake up.

GTKY: Do you have a favorite family recipe (whether you make it or just enjoy it when someone else makes it)? I have quite a few since my mom is a terrific cook and taught me everything. Tonight is one of my favorites: English muffin pizzas!
  • Loading the player...
  • EDD/weeks+days: May 27th

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Girl (according to sneak peek)

Baby is the size of a(n): lime

Upcoming appointments: 12 week ultrasound tomorrow!

How are you feeling? Tired, always, excited but nervous 

Raves/Rants: I’m just so nervous about the 12 week appointment! I’ve been counting down the days and now it’s here and I’m so scared. We haven’t seen baby in 5 weeks so I just hope everything is okay-there’s no way of knowing. Tomorrow will either be the best appointment, or the worst. 

Questions: Anyone start showing yet? 

GTKY: Do you have a favorite family recipe (whether you make it or just enjoy it when someone else makes it)?
    I love my family’s baked, diced cheese potatoes recipe! 
  • EDD/weeks+days: 11+6

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: finding out

Baby is the size of a(n): lime

Upcoming appointments: 14th

How are you feeling? tired!!! 

Raves/Rants: Not having sushi has been so hard this time around! I’m happy I can stomach a little coffee now because I needs it lol

Questions: 

GTKY: Do you have a favorite family recipe (whether you make it or just enjoy it when someone else makes it)? my mother’s Peruvian cookie recipe! 
  • EDD/weeks+days: 5/30

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Green

Baby is the size of a(n): Lego man

@thepretzelchick I totally agree about the weird sizing. My husband and i were just discussing about how some sizes just dont make any sense but in the end i hope that means it wont be a real watermelon just a tiny watermelon!

Upcoming appointments: Still two weeks from yesterday, i hate waiting!!

How are you feeling? Pretty good actually but i did get a nap yesterday which could be the cause. Tonight is my last night of meds!

@kksadie and @lfritos I gained about 5 pounds two weeks ago and my belly and boobs seemed huge but they both have gone back down. (thank goodness) So I do not know what that was about but i dont feel like i am showing now.

GTKY: Do you have a favorite family recipe (whether you make it or just enjoy it when someone else makes it)? My favorite family recipe is my moms pot pies which are just beef, potatoes and onions wrapped in pie crust. I am finally getting the hang of making a good crust.
    Our Journey:
    Me: 40
    TTC since 2017
    3/18-9/18- IUI's
    11/18- IVF #1
    1/19- IVF #2
    8/19- DE Cycle #1- 5 PGS tested normal
    9/19- FET #1- SUCCESS! May 2020
    10/21- FET #2- SUCCESS! July 2022
  • @kksadie and @cmhme I convince myself I'm showing about once a week, only to realize I was just bloated or full... this stage is so awkward!
  • I'm definitely showing more than a blump, but Old Navy's luxe tees and tanks have been great about hiding that fact, lol!
  • queenklauqueenklau member
    edited November 2019
    @lfritos, your DD has a point though, it is a little like a philosophical question: is she still her, the only child or is she a new her, the big sister :). She is pretty smart. It is a big change so she is processing it on her own.

@thepretzelchick, these fruit comparisons are sometimes absurd. One told me a rubix cube and a then a plum...I am pretty sure those are completely different sizes...

@kksadie, how did you appt go???
    I am a STM and if I wanted to flaunt my bump I could. I am still wearing biggish clothes on top of my maternity pants (started this week)

@Dinlove, you mom is Peruvian? I am Peruvian-american! Is it an alfajor you are referring to?

overall sounds like us, end of the month ladies are feeling better overall! Congrats! Sorry I am late to the check in!

EDD/weeks+days: May25, 12w2d

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: I found out last week via NIPT, it’s a girl!

Baby is the size of a(n): plum

Upcoming appointments: had mine yesterday, NT scan and Ob consult- all good :)
    Next one, not for another 4 weeks!!!! December 11th, I think 

How are you feeling? Much much better, nausea is pretty much gone. I am still fatigued but get some sporadic energy bursts throughout the week.

Raves/Rants: So relieved about the scan yesterday!! It is feeling more and more real and the baby girl looks great in there. 

Questions: none right now...

GTKY: Do you have a favorite family recipe (whether you make it or just enjoy it when someone else makes it)? I also have a Peruvian heritage @Dinlove, and my mom does not like to cook, so my grandma passed down all her recipes to me! Anything Peruvian makes me feel like I am back with her. I looking forward to seeing her this holiday season to cook more with her. She is still healthy but you never know.

edits for spelling mistakes 
    ******TW******Siggy warning
    BFP1 04/24/2015 EDD Dec 2015 MMC 10W5d;
    BFP 2 09/25/2015 EDD June 2016 MMC 9wks; 
    BFP 3 03/22/2016 EDD Dec 6th 2016 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• @thepretzelchick totall agree the sizing makes not sense. Part of me thinks maybe it's just the length, but when I see lime I think of a short little pudgy baby in there. Also thankful we don't give birth to a watermelon at the end of it all. 

@cmhme Those pies sound so yummy right now. It's cold out and that sounds like it would warm you from the inside out. 

@kksadie How'd the appointment go? And I'm definitely not showing, but being of a larger body type I can hide it and not show for a long time thankfully. 

EDD/weeks+days: Somewhere around 12 weeks?

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Green

Baby is the size of a(n): no idea

Upcoming appointments: 12/6 with the MFM

How are you feeling? Excited I've been able to eat recently, hopefully this means 2nd trimester will be easier. 

Raves/Rants: Rant It's freaking cold out. Windchills are below zero. 

Questions: I don't know if I need to schedule an appointment with my midwife/ob practice or not. I cancelled my intake appointment after being told I'd have to terminate due to the molar pregnancy. I went to MFM who says we're going to wait and see for the other conditions and make a decision then 12/6. Should I be calling my practice and making an intake appointment? Do I not see them anymore if this might be high risk? I feel like it's too long to wait and I should have an appointment with them just in case it's not high risk and it becomes a normal pregnancy. I also don't feel like driving there or taking time off work to go to another appointment. 

GTKY: Do you have a favorite family recipe (whether you make it or just enjoy it when someone else makes it)? My mom makes a soup that we call Memere soup after a recipe from my paternal grandmother. It's something I can make now and love it, but because I can make it myself it's lost its novelty. My aunt makes the best twice baked potatoes and she only makes them every few years when she has time for Thanksgiving or Christmas and because we don't have them often I find myself wanting them all the time. 
  • @queenklau yesss! Alfajores!!! My moms alfajor recipe is actually my dads moms recipe. My dad is the Peruvian, my mom is Mexican, she asked and was not only given my grandmas recipes, she also has found a great Peruvian recipe book! When I was 9 weeks all I could think about was papa a la huancaína so she made me a bunch and pretty much ate it for 3 days straight lol!
  • @Dinlove, papá a la Huancaina is delish! Does your mom cook Mexican too? I love mexican food too! I grew up in Texas with great Tex mex and mexican food, now in NY not so much. Also my in laws have some Mexican heritage but none in my family.
    ******TW******Siggy warning
    BFP1 04/24/2015 EDD Dec 2015 MMC 10W5d;
    BFP 2 09/25/2015 EDD June 2016 MMC 9wks; 
    BFP 3 03/22/2016 EDD Dec 6th 2016 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• @kksadie We have the same due date! We don’t know what we are having yet but I am anxious to find out in a few weeks. I hope your appointment went great!! We just had ours yesterday, didn’t get an ultrasound but got to hear baby’s heartbeat. 

I have a little bump, I’ve had it for a little over a week. Pants are also get less comfortable in the tummy/waist area.