November 2019 Moms
Options

Help new mommy!

First baby! Recovering from c section having difficulty breastfeeding so I alternate between formula and breastfeeding. Also feel like we are not bonding.Any advice will help

Re: Help new mommy!

• Options
    I've heard from multiple sources that skin to skin time is one of the best things we can do for both bonding and breastfeeding! Maybe babywear around the house as much as you can, or snuggle up and watch some TV with babe on your chest?
  • Options
    Sounds like you're doing a great job.  Give yourself a little time.  The first few weeks are super disorienting sometimes.  I'm just over two weeks postpartum right now and just feel like I'm really starting to bond with my guy.  You've got this!  Sending lots of love for a speedy recovery.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @classymommie1124 I'm in the same boat--c section, doing both breastfeeding and formula.  Try skin to skin as much as you can! Even when bottle feeding. And try to engage with baby, make eye contact.  Have you talked to your dr. about postpartum depression?  It took me a little bit to bond with my son but now at 7 weeks tomorrow I think he is the best thing ever!