MFI Diagnosis: Aug 2017
BFP 11/1/17 // DS born 6/18
TTC January 2019
BFP 3/21/19 // D&C (MMC) 5/8/19

Re: Group 4 (July 25-31) Checkin w/o 11/18

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    EDD/weeks+days: July 26 (4+1)

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Finding out!

Baby is the size of a(n): Grain of table salt

Upcoming appointments: 12/31. Hopefully the holidays will help time move a little faster because right now I don't feel like I can handle waiting that long!

How are you feeling? Mostly normal. Definitely some congestion and round ligament pain going on, and I've noticed some low-key queasiness if I go too long without eating. 

Raves/Rants: I've got a decent chunk of end of trimester grading to do, which always stresses me out. On the plus side, I get a nice break for Thanksgiving next week!

Questions: None for now

GTKY: What are you watching right now? Rewatching Parks and Rec, following the current season of The Good Place, and semi-binging Big Little Lies and the Magicians. Fully binging Top Chef (Season 14).

@modoodles I really like the name Grey/Gray! Gray is on my radar as a potential middle for a boy, but idk if DH would go for it.
    Me 32 | DH 32
    married 9/15
    DD: 1/17/17
    #2 due 7/26/20!

• Options
    EDD/weeks+days: 3+6

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: I kind of want to try to be team green.....we’ll see how long that lasts! 

Baby is the size of a(n): teeny tiny....Some sort of seed I believe. 

Upcoming appointments: not yet. I’ll call the midwife for an appointment after my missed period this Thursday....maybe I’ll call next Monday. They won’t see me until 8-9 weeks anyway. 

How are you feeling? Mostly normal. Very tired but it’s hard to tell if that’s pregnancy related or 3 year old waking me up at 4 am related. 

Raves/Rants: My H and I are going away this weekend sans kids, which is super amazing, but also I wanted to visit some wineries and now I can’t have wine. This will be our second time going away for our anniversary when I’m pregnant and can’t drink. So it’s a rant and a rave. 

Questions: Not right now 

GTKY: What are you watching right now? Too many shows. This is us, a million little things, atypical, end of the fucking world. Reruns of criminal minds and friends when H is working and I get to watch tv by myself. 
  • Options
    EDD/weeks+days: July 26/ I'm not sure what that makes me 

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: 100% team green 

Baby is the size of a(n): poppy seed 

Upcoming appointments: scheduled my first prenatal appointment with my family doctor for next week, I imagine they'll send in the requisite for blood work, referral for an OB etc. I'm hoping to get an u/s scheduled too.. we'll see. 

How are you feeling? I'm tired. A little bitter. Guilty about feeling bitter hah. 

Raves/Rants: I feel like the holiday season is the worst time to try and keep a pregnancy secret! All of the social engagements.. all of the alcohol I will have to discretely turn down. Maybe that means I'm too much of a drinker haha. We probably won't be telling anyone until Christmas at the earliest. 

Questions: 

GTKY: What are you watching right now? Sports Centre? lol I don't really watch anything. If I do get control of the remote it's cheesy Christmas movies (tis the season!). 
  • Options
    @mrsdrez I'm with you on the holiday season alcohol. I always host Thanksgiving so I'll have to pretend to be drinking until we reveal later in the day. (Strictly to my kids, parents, sisters, nephews, and DH's dad) I am thinking I'll turn down new years plans this year because I know my friends will question it and I dont want to pretend, and our ultrasound is scheduled a week and a half AFTER that. 
  • Options
    @modoodles another plus side to staying home on new years is that you can go to bed as early as you want! lol. I'm in Canada so our Thanksgiving was last month (thankfully har har), one less event for me to dodge. 

• Options
    @mrsdrez and @modoodles Our families aren’t big drinkers, so I don’t have to worry to much about be outed at family gatherings (and we plan to tell them soonish anyway). But I am worried about any work happy hours!! I have a coworker coming in from out of town Thursday that wants to get dinner (which always also includes drinks) and I have no idea how to handle that situation. I’m not even close to this coworker. I’m thinking of booking a workout class for after and just saying I want to do a light dinner 🤷🏼‍♀️ Any suggestions?? Lol
    Me: 31 DH: 34 :heart: Married: April 2016
    TTC December 2016
    BFP 2/28/17 // CP 3/1/17
    TTC January 2019
  • Options
    @millpe oh man, an evening workout class? Hard pass! (Even though that sounds like a logical excuse lol) Could your discreetly speak to your waitress/bartender and tell them you would like your drinks without alcohol? Over the summer I drank a lot of Malibu rum with pineapple juice and Sprite. I would just get the pineapple juice and Sprite now though. 
  • Options
    @millpe I haven’t focused at work since getting my BFP either. Godspeed haha. If you can catch your waiter beforehand, maybe you could let them know if you order something like a rum and coke, you really just mean a coke. Haha
  • Options
    @millpe I think that's a great idea! Do that!  
  • Options
    @modoodles and @b_1029 I could probably try something like that but I am typically a beer drinker and slightly awkward so I would probably be so weird ordering that he would know something was up! 
    TTC December 2016
    BFP 2/28/17 // CP 3/1/17
    TTC January 2019
  • Options
    EDD/weeks+days: July 27/4.2

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: team finding out

Baby is the size of a(n): poppyseed

Upcoming appointments: Dec 4

How are you feeling? Tired! But is that this baby or the 16 month old I run around after all day 🤔

Raves/Rants: rave- sounds silly but I am still nursing DD, and I am so happy that for now it is still working out. I was so worried how getting pregnant would affect her and bf, she’s a boob monster. 

Questions: nada

GTKY: What are you watching right now? Bluff City Law, Masked Singer, and Greys!
  • Options
    @kc0711 I also have a 16 month old! Awesome that you are still nursing. 
    TTC December 2016
    BFP 2/28/17 // CP 3/1/17
    TTC January 2019
  • Options
    @millpe ahhhh 2 under 2! Or right around there! I’ve started to think about what to do with nursing DD, but I’ve just decided I am going to go with the flow and nurse her as long as she wants to go. I’ll give tandem nursing a go if she wants and if I can maintain my sanity. 
  • Options
    @kc0711 your rave is my rant! lol. i'm also still nursing my 12 month old, but was reallyyyy hoping to be done before getting pregnant, just to have a couple of months "off" before starting all over again. We're almost weaned, but now I almost feel guilty about stopping because I know we only have so much "one on one" time left. All of the conflicting feelings! 
  • Options
    @mrsdrez I feel all of that!!! It is such an emotional roller coaster. Big congrats for making it to a year!! 
  • Options
    @kc0711 @mrsdrez I’m still nursing my 20 month old! I originally wanted some time “off” as well but he only nurses once before bedtime now so it really isn’t much at all. I think at this point I’ll likely wait til he hits 2 to wean. We’ll see how it goes with being pregnant, I know some moms dry up during pregnancy. 
  • Options
    hbird0723hbird0723 member
    edited November 2019
    EDD/weeks+days: July 30th/3.6

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Finding out 

Baby is the size of a(n): a seed of some sort 

Upcoming appointments: I have one scheduled in 3 weeks and we will have our first ultrasound then as well. 

How are you feeling? Scared mostly after our loss last year but also excited! I’ve had moments of nauseousness and definite food aversions to certain things. I also feel like I’m already feeling some stretching (maybe because it’s our 3rd 🤷🏻‍♀️) and I am constantly hungry! Oh and mood swings 😬 

Raves/Rants: None right now but that can change by the minute 

Questions: none yet 

GTKY: What are you watching right now? Mostly Christmas movies... I keep telling DH we need the hallmark channel but it’s probably for the best that we don’t have it! 

• Options
    EDD/weeks+days: July 31st

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Finding out 

Baby is the size of a(n): a seed of some sort 

Upcoming appointments: December 12th and 24th

How are you feeling? Mostly excited. Some discomfort from stretching and heart burn but mostly excited. 

Raves/Rants: I found out I have the same EDD has my best friend of 30 years. We're going to surprise our families with big bro/sis shirts on our friendsgiving

Questions: none yet 

GTKY: What are you watching right now? Mandolorian (sp?), Gilmore Girls 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @hbird0723 My daughter was born at the end of October last year so I definitely indulged in the back to back to back to back Christmas movies everyday. I will never again be able to consume as many Christmas movies in a season   :lol: 
  • Options
    @mrsdrez lol soak it in! I still have both girls rest so I can sometimes sneak in part of one during that time. My 3 year old will nap but the 5 year old usually just plays quietly. I’m hoping she’ll still go for a quiet time when the baby is born but I’m not holding my breath 😄

• Options
    EDD/weeks+days: 4 + 3   EDD of July 29 (My grandma's birthday!)

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green:  Finding out

Baby is the size of a(n):  I have no idea...something super small.

Upcoming appointments:  I have a confirmation appointment on Wednesday 11/27

How are you feeling?  Really super tired all the time.  STARVING and thirsty all the time.  

Raves/Rants:  I am so excited that we don't have plans this weekend.  I plan to sleep as much as someone who has a 2 year old can sleep.  

Questions: None at the moment.  

GTKY: What are you watching right now?  DH and I are watching The Mandalorian on Disney + (star wars nerds over here!) and I'm finally working on the last season of Orange is the New Black.  
  • Options
    @jkbrownstein    YESSSSS Mandalorian!!!  I like it so far, which is a surprise since there's not that much talking.  I think it's the intense cuteness I get to look at. :)

• Options
    @JessDG Less dialogue isn't a bad thing. It means they have to focus on showing not telling, better story development!. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    EDD/weeks+days: July 29

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: we like to find out at the 20 week appointment... which almost feels like team green since everyone I know now finds out with the blood test way earlier. 

Upcoming appointments: just scheduled a couple - and had a blood draw today. Kind of made me nervous since I had an early loss last time and never even got to go to my first appointment. 

How are you feeling? Suddenly exhausted and kind of nauseous if I get too hungry. 

Raves/Rants: I’m feeling weird and old and jaded, going on my third baby. Maybe that’s just being tired? 😂

Questions: Just dreading but also hoping that my fatigue and exhaustion ramp up since last time around it never really happened before my mc. 

GTKY: What are you watching right now? I barely watch tv these days. I miss it so much! 😭
  • Options
    EDD- July 27

Team- unsure.... We have 2 boys and a girl and we found out with them. With having everything we would need for either sex anyway I'm tempted to not find out. We'll see though. I'm not known for my patience.

Upcoming appointments- haven't scheduled yet. Should probably do that.

Feeling- nausea has started which I feel like it's too early. However the symptoms are comforting so I'll take it. I was really sick with #3 so really looking forward to strategically leaving rooms to card without looking suspicions.

Raves/ Rants- super excited that there's no school this whole week!

GTKY-  I love hgtv. Mindless judgement of other people's houses and renovations. The best.