February 2020 Moms

Weekly Randoms 11/18-11/24

Re: Weekly Randoms 11/18-11/24

• @babyroma Awe I'm sorry you're feeling sad about Thanksgiving, that's always tough! 
    TW
    BFP 6/3/19 EDD 2/14/20 BFP 4/15/21 EDD 12/20/21
    Diagnosed with PCOS & Hashimoto's
  • Loading the player...
  • @babyroma Thanksgiving is my favorite as well, and I have to work 0700-1500 this year ☹️ My family does the big event at lunch, then sit around playing games and stuff, then casually eat leftovers for dinner. So I have to miss the main event.
  • okay. So I'm acknowledging that this is probably better suited for the question thread, but there's a really great conversation happening there about delivery room guests that I don't want to detract from. And @doodleoodle you gave me an in with your two year old. :) 

So we'll be transitioning my toddler into a "big girl bed" (she's two and 4 months) and I have no idea what to expect. Has anyone else made the transition out of crib? I'm guessing it's going to be an ongoing battle to keep her in the bed, but I have no idea what to expect. My feeling was that it's better to transition her now so that she doesn't feel like #2 kicked her out of the nursery. But now I'm feeling anxiety! Any advice from STMs+ is greatly appreciated! 
  • @lanie1000 DD1 never got out of her toddler bed. It never occurred to her. DD2 won’t stay in it and she’s been in it for months. The biggest piece of advice I have to give is to let her pick out new sheets and get her excited about it and then keep your routine the same. If she gets out of bed walk her back, tuck her in, give no real extra attention. My husband started singing to DD2 every time she got out of bed and now she won’t stop. Godspeed to you 😂
  • We hosted Thanksgiving last year and we are hosting again this year. It’s just us, my parents, and brother. They all play with DD while H and I make all the food. It’s still easier than traveling, DD is a horrible sleeper anywhere else. Also feeling the crunch time to prep for baby because the holidays are going to fly by and then it will be 2020!

@lanie1000, I don’t have any advice since DD is 2 years 5 months and we are “crib for life” around here. We bought a 2nd crib for baby just so that we don’t have to force DD out of hers (and hers converts to toddler bed). I have heard that you should completely baby proof the room and treat the whole room as the crib. Meaning your kid can sleep anywhere in the room, don’t worry if they end up sleeping on the floor, they’re fine. Also, some people put a baby gate in the doorway or child proof door handle on the inside to prevent their kid from leaving the room. 
  • @lanie1000 when we transitioned DS1, he was a little over two. We had to put a door handle cover on the inside of his room so that he wouldn’t get out. But he was happy to have a  big boy bed.
  • @lanie1000 we are transitioning 3 y/o after thanksgiving. So good luck to us both! 😁
    Me:33
    DH: 34
    Married: May 2011
    TTC #1: May 2015
    DS: 10/20/2016
    TTC #2: June 2019
    #2 EDD: 2/20/2020
  • @lanie26 it has still never occurred to my 3 year old to get out of bed on his own yet. He was only 19 months when ds2 was born so we bought a second crib. Both convert into a full size bed frame. We switched him to the toddler bed around 2.5 after we potty trained. He had seen my friends daughters toddler bed and had started asking for a big bed like her or I might have kept him in even longer lol
    ds2 is wild and I’m surprised he has t climbed out of the crib yet- probably bc he ends up in our bed most nights but I know there is no chance he will stay in his toddler bed when we make that transition. We’re buying this baby a crib but using ds1s mattress and giving him the full mattress in the guest room. 
  • Argh...I'm wondering if I'm going to have to redo my 3 hour GTT. Yesterday the dr said it seemed like they didn't process the results correctly. But I don't think they did them right in the first place, which let her know in the follow up to that email.
    They didn't take a fasted blood sample first and I ended up drinking 2 of the drinks. I was so frazzled that day (huge deadline at work, missed the actual appointment with the doctor, among other things going on) that I didn't speak up to say hey I don't  think this is right. Partially I guess because I assumed they knew what they were doing and I couldn't remember exactly how the 1st 3 hour test went back in July. Now I'm just waiting to hear back from the doctor with an update. 
  • @rikiteacup I've been thinking of you this week because my coworker has been sniffling every 20-30 seconds. I want to scream at him to blow his nose/strangle him but instead I've been attempting to drown it out with Spotify...
  • @babyroma oh gah I sure hope you don’t have to redo it. 
  • @babyroma Oh no!!! I'm sorry!!! 

@rikiteacup GAH! Maybe just make a little care package and leave it on her desk lol. Glad to hear that your cat seems to be responding well! 
    TW
  • @doodleoodle @jvk2012 @daffodil_shoe @leksiL @clee5711

Thank you so much for all of your tips and experiences. I'm hoping she'll follow in some of your kids' footsteps and stay in bed until we come get her. But I'll plan to have a baby gate in front of her door. She loves opening doors and turning lights on and off so I'm sure we'll have our hands full! 

@ibabyloveb87 I hope we survive this transition!

@babyroma Oh no. That's the worst when it's an error on their side.
  • @ibabyloveb87 @brookert615 @lanie1000
    Thanks ladies...I just got word I will have to redo it.😭😭😭😭

• @babyroma NOOOO! That sucks so bad! 
    TW
  • @babyroma I am so sorry. That sucks. 😥
  • @babyroma oh nooo I’m so sorry!! 
  • @babyroma no! I’m sorry!
  • @babyroma that sucks! Hopefully 2nd time's the charm.
  • Thanks ladies. I guess the silver lining is she said the last 3 readings were in normal ranges. It was just the fasted that was weirdly high...which as I mentioned, they didnt take..
  • @ibabyloveb87 exactly! Also it seems to be the people I don't see often that do it (such as my dentist yesterday). One of those, "if you think this is small, you obviously don't remember how small I am usually because trust me this is all baby these days* things. 
  • jvk2012jvk2012 member
    edited November 2019
    @mandk1233, With my first pregnancy everyone told me how small it was it made me so paranoid that baby wasn’t growing well. So much so that after a few minutes of skin to skin contact when she was born I asked for her to be weighed because I need to know how big she was. She was totally fine.

This time around I am bigger earlier and I have heard those comments too 🙄
  • @mandk1233 totally with you on this one!! As a FTM I'm just thrilled to have a bump, and comments about how small I am make me feel inadequate. 
  • @leksiL go eat something and take a nap if you can! 

I also can feel my belly resting on my legs. It’s weird. Haha 
  • @ibabyloveb87 hmm I'm at work not sure napping is encouraged :) not that I'm being super productive, but I need to get going! I made a cup of tea.

Do you remember belly resting on legs with #1? Do I just have momnesia? 
    Me: 38, DH: 36 
    Married Jan 2008 
    DD Baby Bells born Dec 2016 5 lbs, 12 oz, 18" <3 so in love <3
    Due with #2 Baby Arya EDD February 2020

• @leksiL oh I’m taking GD test day off 😂 I felt so crappy. 

I don’t remember it either! But I’m sure it happened because I was bigger with him than I am this time.