Group 1 (2/1-2/7) Check-in w/o 11/18

EDD/W+D:

Team:

Baby Size:

Upcoming Appts:

Symptoms/Cravings:

Rants/Raves:

Questions:

GTKY- If you were arrested with no explanation, what would your friends and family assume you had done?

Re: Group 1 (2/1-2/7) Check-in w/o 11/18

• @taylor2020 when is your next OB appointment? The flu shot should have been offered to you at your last one. Ask for it the next one you have.
  • Loading the player...
  • EDD/W+D: 2/7/20, 28w3d

Team: BOY

Baby Size: Tall as a can of pringles

Upcoming Appts: December 3rd.

Symptoms/Cravings: No cravings really. Just still so grossed out by chicken. I am really hurting lately when I walk. It is almost like I pulled my groin muscle or something, idk. I am just really hurting. Going to bring it up to my OB when I see her next. 

Rants/Raves: Been MIA a bit. Just have had a lot going on lately and haven't had time to hop on here. Finally got the crib and changing table set up. I forgot how beat up the changing table was (sister also borrowed it for my nephew). But oh well. Second kid problems... lol Rant..my dog we decided to hold off on the surgery for a bit to see if it would heal on its own. Well she was doing good but did something to it on Saturday and now barely wants to put weight on it. And now my husband may be getting laid off soon (he is in the union, so it wouldn't be too long of a lay off but still a lay off), we are in the beginning stages of refinancing, and well Christmas... so I feel like a shitty dog owner right now because we can not fork over $4k for the surgery. But we are just crating her during the day in hopes with lots of rest, she will get back to where she was. I just feel like poop crating her also. 

Questions: None. 

GTKY- If you were arrested with no explanation, what would your friends and family assume you had done? Oh lord, I have no clue. 
  • @taylor2020 I am so sorry about your sons name situation. That breaks my heart for you. :( 
  • @taylor2020 I'm so sorry about that whole situation. Is there any way you'd consider naming him what you had planned and telling the nephew's mom that you had privately picked that name and already feel attached?
    @bg122785 my hip has been hurting a lot to the point that I'm pretty sure I'm limping when I walk. I will also get BH and RLP occasionally which are uncomfortable too. I walk suuuuper slow now. I hope your OB has some advice and that it gets better soon <3
  • @Swiftlet unfortunately, his mom and I aren’t on speaking terms. She doesn’t even care enough to look at me when I’m in the same room, let alone give two cents about my feelings. Honestly, I imagine she feels like she “won” something by using the name we chose and taking it from us. That makes the situation so much more painful I think 😢
  • @Swiftlet Thank you! I hope she does also but I am thinking I am just SOL until this baby comes out.  Thankfully massages and chiro are helping my hips, but this is like literally all up in my inner thigh area and am not about to ask the massage therapist to massage there....hahaha I am sorry you are feeling uncomfortable also. Have you tried prenatal massages? They have been wonders on my hips.  I hate even whining because I know it is all temporary, it is just getting painful. 
  • Thank you @lanie1000! I haven't heard of that but definitely seems like what I could be dealing with. I will bring that up at my appointment. Thank you again. 
  • @taylor2020 I am so sorry about the unintended name drama. For some perspective, though, other people are not mind readers. If you haven't told them how upset you are and why, it makes sense that they are going to treat it as a bizarre coincidence rather than the catastrophe you are currently feeling it is. Also, I know that personally I have more extreme reactions to things nowadays and sometimes I find it helpful to remind myself that hormones are probably playing into it. And your feelings are valid. I would be so crushed if I were in your shoes. 

EDD/W+D: Feb 1/29+3

Team: Green

Baby Size: weighs as much as a trumpet. Yesterday it was supposed to be the size of a guinea pig, which seems a bit small for what I am feeling internally these days. 

Upcoming Appts: Next Thursday, 30 week check up

Symptoms/Cravings: all the usual cravings. In the last couple of days I have been riding the very little sleep bus and I am hoping it was just a couple of bad nights and not the start of third trimester super insomnia

Rants/Raves: Raves - on the final push for my capstone. I present it in 2 weeks and it should be submitted by then as well, at the very latest. 🙌 Also these near constant baby kicks and wiggles are the best. 
    Rants - I went on a bit of a rant in the weekly randoms about people and their well meaning size comments. Pretty over those right now. 

Questions:

GTKY- If you were arrested with no explanation, what would your friends and family assume you had done? That there was some huge mix-up. I am the one getting annoyed with others for breaking the rules, not the rule breaker. 
  • @mandk1233 Thank you for your perspective, I totally get it! I know people can’t read my mind, and I certainly don’t hold that against them. I guess it’s just hard when people tell me to get over it and move on to another name, like it’s no big deal. Hormones or not, it still really hurt and it feels like everyone in my life isn’t taking that seriously. We’ll find another name eventually, this just wasn’t an experience I ever imagined or wanted to go through 😞
  • Totally fair. Not feeling supported sucks. Having to give up the name you had chosen for your son sucks. All the hugs to you. 
  • EDD/W+D: 29 weeks on Friday! 

Team: Green 👶

Baby Size: Acorn Squash

Upcoming Appts: Wednesday the 27th - meeting my new midwife (very nervous to meet her, holy smokes I've gained a LOT of weight) It's just a quick check up. 

Symptoms/Cravings: Feet hurting so bad I feel like I can barely make it through the day at work! Craving carbs and anything sweet. It's awful. Definitely crave a Greek yogurt every morning, I have to have it! 

Rants/Raves: Rave-I PASSED MY MRI BOARD EXAM! Such a huge relief as I have been incredibly stressed about it and was getting so sick of studying for it! Also, my coworkers threw me a baby shower"happy hour" and gave me a gift card to Target and I can't believe how many people contributed! Rant- Since I have accepted a dayshift position and transitioned from being what they call a "flex tech" to a specialized"body tech" I have been going through the fricken guantlet with training and I can't take it anymore!!! The days are wearing me out and I am mentally exhausted! I also feel like they are pushing me through all of it as fast as possible because I have maternity leave coming up. Which stresses me out because it's all such new stuff I hope I still know it when I get back 🤦‍♀️

Questions: Should I count like every single time I feel the baby move? Or just count 10 kicks one time during the day and call it good? I have been doing a lot of reading and I just want to make sure baby is moving enough but I feel like I'm stressing about it haha. 

GTKY- If you were arrested with no explanation, what would your friends and family assume you had done?

Probably assume that I finally lost my marbles and went through out entire department and ran down the hallways pressing the big red quench button on every single scanner the mother owns 😂🤷

• @mandk1233 What's your capstone project about? I bet that will be awesome to check off your to-do list! I'm also getting real sick of the size comments. My co-workers think it's hilarious to ask me "how the twins are" and patients seem to think I look like I'll go into labor any minute 🙄 not getting any smaller.... Oh well. 

@taylor2020 The name thing really sucks 😓 i would be emotional about it too. If you need 

@lanie1000 did you get to see your baby boy's position during your scan? I always wonder at this stage how they are sitting in there! 
  • @foreveronyourside My OB told me that if I haven't noticed much movement all day, I should lie down (if I can, if not sitting is fine) with my hands over my uterus and see if I can get 6-10 movements within two hours. Which turned into me obsessively checking all weekend, but that's another story. 😐

I am finishing a masters of counselling psychology and my capstone is looking at how change occurs in a particular type of couples counselling. It is super interesting, but I am very over it now. But that's ok because it will be submitted for final approval on Monday.

Ugh with the size comments. I am so sorry they are being so insensitive. 
  • @foreveronyourside He was moving all over the place! but for most of the appointment, he was lateral. He switched sides a couple of times but never went either breech or head down. I think he has the most room sideways so he likes to hang out like that. 

• @mandk1233 I have definitely has my obsessive moments for sure! It's hard for me not to be that way! I wish I was more laid back and not such a worry wart! 
    Also, I find that subject super interesting we went through a few years where we went to a lot of couples events at our church and my aunt & uncle who I'm pretty close with are marriage and family therapists! And YAY for being done with it officially on Monday!!! 

@lanie1000 I think my baby does too but I have an AP so maybe I just feel more movements on the sides. It's like they are in their little womb hammock 😂