January 2020 Moms
Options

Weekly Randoms 11/11-11/17

Re: Weekly Randoms 11/11-11/17

• Options
    @leprechaunlady hahaha cravings vs reality.. this happened to me with my spicy pizza I decided to eat last night at 9pm... regrets. 

Today we have our first official snow storm!! I love how people panic for the first one, like we all didn't know it was coming...
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @kbrown2385 that sounds so nice! Something I might consider doing in the near future. Baths are my favourite!
  • Options
    I really want a donut but I am too lazy to go out and get one. 
  • Options
    It’s 10 degrees F outside and I’m in a short sleeve sweater because this baby is keeping me constantly overheated. 
  • Options
    I'm jelly of all of you who are getting overheated. I'm still my normal, always cold, self. I was looking forward to being a lil furnace but that hasn't happened yet.
    PG #1: 36w5d 12/25/19
    PG #2: EDD 8/15/23 Miscarried 9w1d 1/11/23
    PG #3: EDD 12/15/23
  • Options
    @stashattack - I'm a little warmer than usual, but I still get cold very easily and have to wear jackets in like anything below 70 degree weather. 😂
  • Options
    @marebear15 I'm glad I'm not the only one!!!
  • Options
    @marebear15 and @stashattack I am in the same boat with both of you as far as temperature goes.  Last pregnancy I had this "disorder" called nipple vasospasm really bad that was triggered by even the slightest cold draft.  Thank goodness it has only happened once or twice this time.  It is the most intense pain that seems to ripple through the body.  

• Options
    @marebear15, I'm the exact opposite, lol, I'm melting in anything over 65 degrees when I'm *NOT* pregnant. I live in Texas, why?
  • Options
    Disney+ is now available, anyone getting it? 
  • Options
    @c1kc1kpol1cn1k we got the bundle that comes with espn+ and Hulu. I was very overwhelmed looking through all the options on the Disney app yesterday lol. Ds is already loving being able to watch all his shows and toy story. 
  • Options
    FyreFlyeRushFyreFlyeRush member
    edited November 2019
    In the job I almost never get to do anything in....I'M WORKING TODAY!!! I'm so happy! I'm spending a lot of time waiting on the server to respond, but I don't feel useless ATM!

Put on my Kpop and JPop playlist, and I'm at my desk head bopping my way through a list of broken systems. Yay!

• Options
    That moment when you realized the movie that changed your life began filming 20 years ago. Is that silly to say? Maybe. I can live with that...but I can't live without this:

• Options
    @c1kc1kpol1cn1k we have it! DD is princess obsessed so we have already watching sleeping beauty, the little mermaid, and aladdin. Probably too much screen time but oh well. 
  • Options
    @MrsJessS That sounds like a super success! 
  • Options
    For those of you who have verizon unlimited mobile plans or verizon fios I've heard we can we can Disney+ free for a year. I still need to confirm this though!
  • Options
    @stashattack yes that’s true! 
  • Options
    It’s 1235 and i was woken up to my right hand in excruciating pain and numb. It’s been about 10 minutes trying to wake it up and to get it to stop hurting. So far it’s only been my left hand needing a brace but apparently I need one for my right now too 
  • Options
    @kbrown2385 ah sorry you had to deal with that!
  • Options
    @c1kc1kpol1cn1k you have issues with carpal tunnel don’t you? Have any tips besides using a brace? I’ve had to wear mine all morning. If I take it off my fingers go numb and the pain comes back. 
  • Options
    @kbrown2385 yes but what I found helps also is doing specific stretches for your wrist's and hands at night to help ease it. Also prenatal yoga really helped with this if you let the teacher know they will do specific stretches or ways to help the wrists.  Also sleeping with your hands elevated/ supported arms, I have them propped up on a pillow
  • Options
    @kbrown2385, I will say it went away for me within a few weeks of birth, maybe 3 or 4? By the time I delivered, my middle, ring, and little fingers of both hands were completely numb. Braces didn't help. I had a lot more swelling last time, but everything did come back. 
  • Options
    @FyreFlyeRush I’m counting the days 😫

@c1kc1kpol1cn1k I’ll have to look up stretches! I bought a second brace and I’m going to try icing my wrists too to see if that helps.
  • Options
    biolprofbiolprof member
    edited November 2019
    @kbrown2385 sometimes back stretches can even help as stress and swelling/pinching in your neck can cause numbness down your arms and into your hands. Just brainstorming some ways to get relief. It sounds miserable!
  • Options
    @biolprof that’s a good idea, thanks! My chiro mentioned neck issues as being a possibility so I’ll have her adjust me on Monday. 
  • Options
    Came home from vacation to find out furnace completely shut off. We flipped it back on, only to have it shut off again about 30 minutes later. Discovered it melted the breaker and part of the panel. Dealing with cold temps, so trying to keep our pipes from freezing. Love the fact that it's a weekend and we have to get a permit from the city, which means we're not able to really get the work started until Monday. Fun times
  • Options
    @persnickity, ugh. This is why I'm dealing with no heat. The AC sprung a leak one year, and shorted out the thermal coupling on the furnace, and the entire HVAC system has to be replaced for the low low price of 10K. Luckily, in South Texas, Temps are usually only that cold 10 days out of the year, and the AC works great, so it's easy to make do with space heaters. Living much further north, tho...i can't imagine. 
  • Options
    @persnickity I’m so sorry to hear that! I hope you’re able to get it fixed up (or replaced?) soon and can avoid any frozen pipes.
  • Options
    @EmilyE13 The good news is that the electrician was able to repurpose a different breaker, so we get limited use of the furnace. The earliest we can get things replaced is Friday, but we at least are home and not worried about the pipes anymore. We got so lucky!