Group 4 (25-30th) Week of 11/18

EDD/W+D:  

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: 

Baby is the size of a(n): 

Upcoming Appointments: 

How are you feeling? 

Raves/Rants: 

Questions:

GTKY: What did you want to be when you grew up?
TW: 
1 infant loss
8/17: Our daughter was born
8/18: Our daughter kicked open heart surgery ass
2/19: We lost our son to Prader-Willi/Paradoxical Vocal Cord/ Noonans at 6wks old 
4/26/2020: EDD for baby #3!!!

Re: Group 4 (25-30th) Week of 11/18

• EDD/W+D:  17+4, April 26th

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: Blue

Baby is the size of a(n): Pomegranate and yet also folded sunglasses- these to me are not the same size.

Upcoming Appointments: 2 weeks for the 18 week blood draw

How are you feeling? Still tired. Ugh

Raves/Rants: Why am I so tired- where is my 2nd tri energy!!!

Questions: 

GTKY: What did you want to be when you grew up? Actress or in the circus- I was a dramatic kid! Sucked at acting, but I did check off that whole circus thing.
    TW: 
    1 infant loss
    2/19: We lost our son to Prader-Willi/Paradoxical Vocal Cord/ Noonans at 6wks old 
  • @smallbutmighty77  I was a super dramatic kid too haha. What did you do in the circus????

EDD/W+D:  4/29, 16+5

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: finding out next month 

Baby is the size of a(n): newborn hat

Upcoming Appointments: Thursday. I’m hoping baby is big enough we can listen for a heartbeat with the Doppler 

How are you feeling? Fat. I’m so hungry. I’ve already gained more weight than I thought.

Raves/Rants: nausea down, sex drive up. I’m a happy girl this week! 

Questions: anyone else struggling to keep their kids off their belly? My two kids seem to be extra clingy and bouncing on my belly all of a sudden and it’s stressing me out. 

GTKY: What did you want to be when you grew up?  
    I wanted to be a news anchor. I actually even kept that dream through my first year of college but I definitely don’t have the right kind of personality for that profession. Even less so now that I have kids. I’m a writer instead. 
  • Loading the player...
  • EDD/W+D:  April 26th, 17w+1d

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: Green

Baby is the size of a(n): Pomegranate, but it also says 5.12 inches, which is a lot longer than most pomegranates I've seen and much closer to the folded pair of sunglasses @smallbutmighty77

Upcoming Appointments: December 2nd midwife check-in and December 5th anatomy scan

How are you feeling? Pretty good! Energy back and a lot of the crazy stress factors that came up in the last two weeks have either been dealt with or are improving. I am noticing that I am feeling a lot less fit now and I'm desperate to start some sort of physical activity to help. My local yoga studio only runs prenatal on a night that doesn't fit with my schedule right now so I'm thinking I might get a DVD to tide me over until I can find another option, especially since it's heavily winter here now. Also really need this to help my hips, which have been aching a bit.

Raves/Rants: I'm in love with some of the extra little kindnesses that have come my way now that my bump has been so visible. People are lovely sometimes  <3

Questions: I know I had one but preggo brain has kicked in and I forget...

GTKY: What did you want to be when you grew up? A zoo vet or a doctor. I did not do well in math or science in high school and I don't know if at that point in my life I really had the work ethic to pursue those school streams, but I'm still fascinated by how bodies work! Being pregnant is definitely an exciting part of learning more about that.
  • @emsned I was an aerialist and can breathe fire. Fun and I was in crazy good shape...
    TW: 
    1 infant loss
  • @smallbutmighty77 Aerial work is insane for getting in shape, as well as the workouts they train you with. I used to take circus classes a few years back (I was trying to challenge my fear of heights). and I remember the circuits being so seemingly simple, but they were a crazy workout. Even just sitting up on a trapeze or cerceau is a slow workout. Also, that's where I learned that I'm not actually afraid of heights so much, just of falling. Doing a cartwheel was scarier than being in the air!
  • @korthouse yeah it's a workout for sure. We usually had 3 4+hr training nights a week. And we did conditioning on top of it, like crunches, squats, rope climbs etc. I might have gained the freshman 15 but it was mostly muscle. 
    Once this baby is here and a bit settled I'm going to try and find a gym near me that does it. 
    TW: 
    1 infant loss
  • EDD/W+D:  4/30, 16w5d

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: Pink!

Baby is the size of a(n): Avocado, a can of Spam, a roll of duct tape, or a can of soda

Upcoming Appointments: Thursday

How are you feeling? Pretty darn good for the most part.  Sore boobs, stuffy nose, get a bit weak and light headed some times but other than that pretty normal.

Raves/Rants: Rant 1 - Someone needs to create more hours in the day, Rant 2 - we flew on Sunday and my right ear is still all screwed up

Questions:

GTKY: What did you want to be when you grew up?  A paleontologist 
  • EDD/W+D:  April 27/ 17 weeks and change

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: pink

Baby is the size of a(n): a pair of folded sunglasses 

Upcoming Appointments: Dec 10 for anatomy scan

How are you feeling? Pregnant, my belly really popped last week.

Raves/Rants: current rant is I have a medical bill that has been a nightmare since June and I've done so much work to get it billed correctly and I'm still having problems with it. And today they decided they are not in network, which is not true, and they need 4 weeks to review. 🙄
    Current rave is a pair of support leggings rom Blanqi that I bought off Instagram on a whim and are amazin. 

Questions: 

GTKY: What did you want to be when you grew up? A doctor
  • I'm impressed with you ladies that can do aerial, I went to 1 class 1 time with a friend and it was so hard. 
  • @jecies It was really really hard for me at first but each week it got a little bit easier. Day 1 I was big flop mess, but I just kept at it. I can't do silks to save my life though. I have wobbly ol' ankle ligaments and could not keep my feet locked properly in order to climb, let alone do other tricks. 
  • @korthouse silk burn is real my friend! I got tore up learning it at first. Not my strong suit, but I can climb anything. Web burn too. 
    The first weeks trying things or the first weeks back into practice after time off I look like I got beat up. Bruises on my legs, arms, hips. My hands are torn up. But I miss it.
    TW: 
    1 infant loss