April 2020 Moms

Weekly Randoms 11/18

What's happening this week?
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Weekly Randoms 11/18

• I need to get my house in order before we go to Disney next week. Any toys left on the floor that long will get chewed and/or peed on by my dogs. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
    Baby number 2 due 4/11/20
  • I am totally over this congestion. The joys of pregnancy. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Also, I'm trying to plan Thanksgiving dinner for 28 people and it's stressing me out.
  • @literatureandink we were hosting 13- just got bumped to 17! So I feel you. I've got all my heating elements planned for what gets cooked when, where, time, temp. Tonight I am labeling my serving dishes and serveware  for what it is for too. I've divided up food but am doing most of it, and my MIL and sister are cooking their things at my house that day too. 
    We have to rent tables and chairs so I took Weds off before to get those set, and prep any food etc that I can.

DH also made our house the holiday hang for his friends group since some are in from out of town, so we are also having like 10 people over for lunch/hang on Friday! I told him they better be good with paper, and he can make whatever he wants- I'm out.
    TW: 
    1 infant loss
    8/17: Our daughter was born
    8/18: Our daughter kicked open heart surgery ass
    2/19: We lost our son to Prader-Willi/Paradoxical Vocal Cord/ Noonans at 6wks old 
    4/26/2020: EDD for baby #3!!!
  • @smallbutmighty77 you are SO much more organized than I am! lol And VERY brave for hosting on back to back days!!!
  • @literatureandink Urgh I totally agree, congestion sucks!

I'm flying to visit family in Australia next week so trying to wrap my head around packing. Working out what summer clothes still fit is a little depressing... 
  • @emsned so jealous!  
  • Sorry I've been so MIA the past week. Life has been crazy busy and my employer just announced this week that they will be terminating 250 jobs starting next week. I should be okay, but you never know and it is still stressful.
  • @doraleigh35 Sorry about the job stress. Hope it turns out okay. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • @doraleigh35 that’s super stressful. 😕
  • I'm a school nurse and just found out there's a confirmed case of whooping cough in one of my schools. good times.
  • Noooooooooooooo @phinzlabyrinth quit right this second! lol Seriously, though, that sucks so bad.
  • I had my first work week of switching over to my maternity jeans and it is SO comfortable! (About 19 weeks) I have a few from Motherhood and a couple from Target and I love them. Everyone at work knows about baby now and they’re so nice to me and it feels special. I’ve noticed the “air bubbles” feeling in my tummy from baby and it’s so cool. Weird that I’ve felt it during work around 6am a few times... she’s an early bird like me. :)
  • @phinzlabyrinth Noo! That’s terrible. I feel like I would get an extra TDAP just in case. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  •  @literatureandink @mercury94 my doc says they'd rather me wait until 3rd trimester to get a booster! my last TDAP was many moons ago so naturally I was freaking out. luckily my team is amazing and i'll be staying at my elementary school for now. although nowhere is safe.... lol apparently pertussis breaks out every 3-5 years, and vaccines are only effective for a certain amount of time. I learned a lot yesterday  :s
  • @phinzlabyrinth yah- TDAP is good for like 10 yrs, but they have you get one during all pregnancies to give the baby some protection. Third pregnancy-third tdap in 3 yrs over here! Note- when you get it- RUB your arm where they gave it to you. A lot of people get really sore, and that helped me a ton!
    TW: 
    1 infant loss
    8/17: Our daughter was born
    8/18: Our daughter kicked open heart surgery ass
    2/19: We lost our son to Prader-Willi/Paradoxical Vocal Cord/ Noonans at 6wks old 
    4/26/2020: EDD for baby #3!!!
  • @smallbutmighty77 while it is good for 10 years but APPARENTLY effectiveness against pertussis wears off after just four years! so probably going to make my family get a booster if they wanna touch my baby lol