Infertility
Options

Transfer & missed meds question

Hi everyone. First time poster here. Been TTC for two years. Five failed IUIs and on my second IVF cycle (first cycle resulted in 0 PGS normal embryos) :(

last week on Wednesday was my transfer of my single pgs normal egg. So grateful to have 1 but it makes it so stressful and high stakes. 

I am on PIO, endometrium 3x a day and estrace 2x a day. I can’t believe I did this but on Thursday night (day after transfer) I forgot my night dose of estrace. I panicked when I realized the next morning and called the doctors office. They said it was common and not to worry. Phew. Then 2 nights later, I took my night estrace 2.5 hours late. This is so unlike me. I have alarms and everything. Did anyone miss their meds/was late during the 2ww? I’m really worried I’ve ruined my chances of successful implantation. 

Also curious did anyone’s transfer end up being later than planned? Mine was 45-60 min late because they were behind schedule. The doctor didn’t seem worried but isn’t timing important with all of this stuff?

thank you!!!!

Re: Transfer & missed meds question

• Options
    Hi @timone47, I think you are fine. THOSE meds as long as it isn't too often, aren't as critical in my opinion. Now stim meds on the other hand, are super important timing wise. Your body builds it up as you take it, so long as you don't drop really quickly, you should be fine.

As for the transfer, yes, timing is important, but same-day is likely fine. It is more the timing from trigger to retrieval that is the most important. I am guessing you are doing a fresh transfer? If so, then timing is likely fine because on day 5, it is still growing and hopefully hatching, so it shouldn't be bad if it is just an hour or so later. 

Good luck!!!
    Me: 45yo, DH: 47yo
    3 Daughters (singleton @27yo, ID  Di/Di Twins @34yo)
    Protein S Deficiency (Blood Clotting Disorder), MTHFR & VIT D issue 
    5 MC's:  Blighted Ovum-D&C @ 9wks;  Natural MC @ 7wks; Blighted Ovum-D&C @ 9wks; MC boy-D&C @ 9wks & Chem PG in 2019
    Tubes were tied after my Twins (and now I am old). Remarried and want to give my DH a baby!

IVF#1 OE June 2019 - ER 6/15/19, 24R, 21M, 20F, 7 6DBlasts Frozen for PGS Testing,
    RESULTS of PGS 4 abnormal girls,  2 abnormal boys, 1 indeterminate girl
    FET#1 OE August 23, 2019 (transferring 1 indeterminate girl & 1 abnormal boy) - BFN
    IVF#2 November 15, 2019 - ER 9R, 9M, 6F, 2 5dBlasts (fresh transfer) and 1 6DBlast frozen for PGS Testing,
    FRESH Transfer: November 20, 2019, 2 5-day blasts transferred!! 
    BFP 8dp5dt on 11/27 - 12/2 on FRER, BETA #1 12/2 - 11.93. BETA #2 12/4: 4.41 ~CHEMICAL PG
    ******************Starting Donor Process
    June 2020: Egg Donor Cycle and Fresh Transfer of 1 embryo in Czech Republic - CANCELLED DUE TO COVID19
    October 2020.  Split Cycle at UFC with a friend (Andrea) I met on the Bump who was also supposed to go to Prague too  
    DE Retrieval 9/26/2020, 26R, 24M, 12 split Cycle, 9 Fertilized + 1 "questionable", PRAYING FOR AT LEAST 5 BLASTS
    10/1/2020: 4 5DBlasts (AA, BB, BC, BC), 10/2/2020: 3 6DBlasts (BB, BB, BC) FOR A TOTAL OF: 7 BLASTS!! THANK YOU GOD!!
    PGS RESULTS: 5 NORMALS! DAY 5: AA BOY, BB GIRL, BC BOY / DAY 6: BB GIRL, BC GIRL
    DE FET October 29, 2020 - CANCELED DUE TO FLUID IN LINING
    DE FET November 16th, 2020 (transferring an PGS normal Hatching AA Boy)
  • Options
    Thanks so much for the reply!! I did a frozen transfer. Did my retrieval in July (with 1 to freeze) and had to do 2 months of lupron depot because of endometriosis 

🤞🤞🤞