Group 1 (6/1 - 6/6) weekly check in week of 11/11

EDD: 

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: 

Baby is the size of a(n):

Upcoming appointments:

How are you feeling? 

Raves/Rants: 

Questions: 

GTKY: What is the farthest you've been from home? 

Re: Group 1 (6/1 - 6/6) weekly check in week of 11/11

• EDD: 6/1

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: finding out

Baby is the size of a(n): lime

Upcoming appointments: next Monday to get back on "normal" schedule. Had an appointment last week and got to see baby on an ultrasound again! Hb 160 and all looks good so fsr

How are you feeling? Pretty good. Cramps in my c section scar and just exhausted 

Raves/Rants: if dh complains about being tired one more time.... 

Questions: getting bigger faster for a second pregnancy, does this mean I'll end up bigger too? Or does it level out at some point?

Toss up between Spain during high school and Kauai for our honeymoon. They are both about the same distance from home. 

• EDD: 6/6

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Green

Baby is the size of a(n): chocolate truffle?

Upcoming appointments: still waiting on first appointment, 11/18. One week to go!

How are you feeling? Still nauseous, and tired, and greasy. Less gassy. SPD kicking in already though, so weight bearing in my legs is already becoming uncomfortable, and some movements downright painful.

Raves/Rants: Rant-I have no snow pants, or any way to get snow pants (regular size aren't working, maternity doesn't really exist, and no money for either), and only one pair of sweats big enough to fit over my other pants. So using my only pair of sweats as Outerwear for bus stop is awful. Ah, also it's dumping down snow today, so dirty and drenched when I get back, and no sweats to put back on after. Just leggings. Rave-husband decided to work from home today, so he's doing his first ever bus stop trip, so at least today I'm spared. 

Questions: 

GTKY: What is the farthest you've been from home? Probably Punta Cana. I've only left country a couple times, 3 were to Southern Canada, and twice to DR. With living in Chicago, Canada isn't a far trip, lol.

Too broke to do more traveling. I'd love to get to Europe some day though.
    1st born at 35+4 on 6/6/16
    Team green turned BLUE!
    2nd born at 38+6 on 8/30/18 
    Team green turned PINK!
    Due with #3 on 6/6/20 Team Green

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • EDD: 6/3

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green:  Finding out!

Baby is the size of a(n): A Lego man :) Which is kind of fun considering I have about 20 of them behind my desk at work - all HP themed, of course. Yes, I'm THAT teacher ;)

Upcoming appointments: Next Thursday! It's exciting to think that it's on my radar as coming up...I'm hoping to hear the baby's heartbeat and then be sent off for blood work which will also tell us the baby's sex.  I'm really conflicted on how I want to find out.  I kind of want to do something cute (just me and the immediate family) with like opening a box of balloons or something.

How are you feeling? OK this week.  Nausea seems to finally take a bit of a backseat, thank goodness.  I'm still tired a lot though.

Raves/Rants: None at this time

Questions:  None at this time

GTKY: What is the farthest you've been from home? Italy - I went once to visit my cousin when she was studying abroad and then again for my honeymoon.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • EDD: 6/1, but it is probably actually more towards the end of May. Unless anyone objects, I'd prefer to stay in this group with y'all

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: find out (any day now blood tests should come back)

Baby is the size of a(n): lime

Upcoming appointments: ultrasound week from today

How are you feeling? Pretty good. Not as exhausted and food has been easier to handle. 

Raves/Rants: I've been wanting to purge my house for a while but my husband doesnt want to get rid of stuff. I have been using this baby as an excuse to get rid of furniture, clothes, and rearrange some spaces. Slowly but surely things are coming together.

Questions: none at this moment. 

Hm....Thailand and South Korea. Separate trips, so I'll include them both
  • @rabbitmama09 obviously you should stay!

EDD:  6/4, 10+4 today

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green:  finding out at our AS in January.

Baby is the size of a(n): tart kumquat (thanks Ovia)

Upcoming appointments:  a week and a half for my initial appointment with the new midwife.

How are you feeling?  Exhausted, still randomly nauseated, missing coffee.

Raves/Rants:  Feeling only slight guilt with my current nap schedule.  Sorry the laundry won’t get folded until next year, DH.

Questions:

GTKY: What is the farthest you've been from home?  Either Russia or India?
    me . early 30's | h . mid 30's | < 3 . 2013

ntnp #2 . summer 2018

*siggy warning*

ttc#1 . jul 2015
    mmc . mar 2016 | 6w2d
    dx PCOS (non-IR) / subclinical hypothyroidism . summer 2016
    tx metformin, levothyroxine, LP progesterone, femara + trigger + ti . fall/winter 2016
    BFP! . jan 2017
    DD . oct 2017

• EDD: June 1

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Finding out

Baby is the size of a(n):  Lime 

Upcoming appointments:  I had some blood work today.  Next week is genetic testing and NT scan. 

How are you feeling? Nausea on and off.  Mainly just tired. 

Raves/Rants: I had a nice day off today.  *TW* Still struggling with PGAL brain and the fact that it's been weeks since my last ultrasound. 

Questions: nada 

GTKY: What is the farthest you've been from home? Hawaii. 
  • @runwmusic The ute definitely pops faster each time around! I felt like I evened out with #2 but I got big both pregnancies so it was about the same by the end 😬

EDD: 6/5

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Green

Baby is the size of a(n): strawberry 

Upcoming appointments: first one this Friday! 

How are you feeling? Better today but yesterday was the worst! I’ve been having consistently better days so it completely threw me off. I was vomiting and sleeping most the day. 

Raves/Rants: I feel so irritable for stupid reasons, hormones I guess? 

Questions: none today 

GTKY: What is the farthest you've been from home? Rwanda! 🇷🇼 
  • @lynkat I get so moody so quickly. It's awful. My husband and I have had so many fights in my head he doesn't even know about. I've gotten better at keeping my mouth shut half the time at least. Sad thing is I don't remember that ever stopping last time around. 
  • @runwmusic I ended up much bigger at end with second pregnancy. Granted, my first was born 3 weeks earlier, but pretty sure I was bigger at 30 weeks with second than 35 weeks with first....
    Team green turned BLUE!
    Team green turned PINK!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @runwmusic yesss. And the thing is, DH  was awesome this weekend when I felt horrible and still something like finding his socks on the floor irritates the heck out of me! And I’ve been less patient with my kids over small things. Makes me nervous for postpartum 😓
  • @runwmusic I only made it to 34 weeks with my first and I don't feel like I was that big at all. With my second I made it to 39+5 and definitely had a big ole belly in the end, but I loved it. I'm pretty sure my 34 week pic the 2nd time was similar to my 34 weeks the first time.

As for due dates and when you actually give birth...you just go with what makes you comfortable.  I was a June '14 mama with a surprise April baby and those J'14 mamas are my people. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @runwmusic To note-most first time moms that choose to go into labor themselves instead of induction (which has it's own set of risks, and should really be saved only for medical need, of which some doctors come up with reasons that aren't always backed by ACOG), don't deliver until after 40 or even 41 weeks-which is perfectly normal and safe. Some people do deliver before 40 weeks on their own, but that's not as common. I just don't want anyone disappointed or thinking their body is "broken" if they don't in into labor by EDD. It's an estimate, and many many people go over.
    Team green turned BLUE!
    Team green turned PINK!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @pourmeanothermocktail I was induced at 41+4 with ds because my placenta was starting to crap out. I didn't want to be induced but it is what it is. I regret getting the epidural as soon as I did but man those pitocin contractions are something else. I still wonder if I would have been walking around rather than bedridden from the epidural, if DS would have moved around. I blame him being sunny side up for my c section. I would do anything to avoid another section. 
  • @runwmusic From what I've been taught, being able to predict placenta being too old to function is a very inexact business, and ultrasound isn't a good  diagnosis for it. I'm sorry you had such a rough time. If baby is still looking good on NST I would personally wait until 43 weeks to induce just for post dates. But that's just me. After my first experience, I run from any intervention that isn't decidedly evidence based and I'm given a clear and fair list of risks and benefits. Hugs. There are great care providers out there, and there are also plenty that just want to control whole process and make it overly medical.

Have you heard of, or contacted your local ICAN group to see if your current doctor is on their list as VBAC supportive or friendly? VBAC  is hard to come by in my area. So many doctors overstate their risks and downplay risks of sections. So many pretend to be supportive, but then start giving silly or crap reasons to schedule surgery, or put unreasonable demands on the labor and only "let you" labor for a set time, even if everything looks great There are probably only 3 good VBAC doctors and maybe 5 - 6 midwives in the entire extended Chicago metro area. It's...appalling, considering that it's documented that VBAC has less risks that repeat section for the vast majority. Sigh. 

Sorry about the rant, but I hold a lot of hands from people bullied into surgery they didn't want or need. 
    Team green turned BLUE!
    Team green turned PINK!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @runwmusic cheering you on for a VBAC.  Have you had a chance to talk with your provider about it yet?  If not, that would be one of my first questions for them...am I a candidate for this and will you support me?

ntnp #2 . summer 2018

*siggy warning*

ttc#1 . jul 2015
    mmc . mar 2016 | 6w2d
    tx metformin, levothyroxine, LP progesterone, femara + trigger + ti . fall/winter 2016
    BFP! . jan 2017
    DD . oct 2017

• @pourmeanothermocktail
    I'm in the Chicago land area and my doctor is all for a vbac. I'm sure my Dr isn't one of these special 3 Dr's you reference but I absolutely love my doctors and trust them whole heartedly. I don't see how there's so few that do vbacs yet their practice has 6 Dr's. 3 of which I've talked to and have said vbac is fine. Maybe I'm so far into the suburbs I'm out of your scope. 

My water broke on its own as I was getting induced so induction would have happened shortly after it did anyways.

@virginiaham yes! They are totally fine with it. It was actually something I asked the Dr before leaving the hospital with ds 😂
  • edited November 2019
    @runwmusic Hey, I didn't know you were by me!! There are technically a ton of doctors that "do" VBAC but most have very low rates as they "bait and switch" giving different guidelines at beginning vs late in pregnancy, and many push interventions that aren't necessary. Some hospitals have bans in place. I've been a part of greater Chicagoland ICAN for 3 years now, and so many moms think their doctor is supportive until labor. Where they are bullied. It's so sad. Story after story. 

Also, it's safe to not induce just for water breaking, as long as baby is passing NSTs and mom doesn't have a fever. I've know people to go days after, and have labor start on its own. I'll drop it now, these are all your choices. I just want people to have info to make the best choices for them. I was abused in a Cook County Hospital.
    Team green turned BLUE!
    Team green turned PINK!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @rabbitmama09 yey a boy! I can't wait for mid January when we find out. So far away! 
  • AHHH!!! I can't believe someone already knows the sex!  Crazy! Congrats mama :)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Congrats @rabbitmama09 ! 💙 
  • EDD: June 2

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green:  Finding out!

Baby is the size of a(n): My app says lime

Upcoming appointments: Next appointment is on 11-19 for genetic and gender testing. We were told it could take 10 days for the results to come in. We are hoping to get them earlier so we can tell our family when we go to see them for Thanksgiving. 

How are you feeling?  I have been feeling good! Just tired. Sickness only lasted 2 weeks for me, PTL. I have acid reflux occasionally but I'll take it over that being sick. 

Raves/Rants: I'm don't think I want to know the results of the genetic testing. It is not conclusive and just scares a lot of mommas. I'll love my baby not matter what. 

Questions: 

Washington state to see my husband (then boyfriend) when he was stationed at Fort Lewis. It was also my first time on an airplane at the age of 19. I got to go a few times while he was there. We are from Georgia
  • @sram331

My tests came in 9 days after I gave blood. And if you dont want to know the results, why are you getting the tests? You dont have to. Have you talked to DH about it? Whatever decision you make will be the right one for you and we are all here to support you. Good luck and keep us posted!
  • Hi all! I’m due June 5th! Is anyone else? We aren’t going to find out the sex or do genetic testing. I’m excited to go to my appt on Tuesday just to hear that baby is healthy still! 
  • @rabbitmama09 not to answer for anyone else, but I don’t think there’s a way to do the testing to find out baby’s sex WITHOUT doing the genetic testing.  I get the sense that a lot of people want to know the sex but may not want/may not feel like they need the genetic testing.

ntnp #2 . summer 2018

*siggy warning*

ttc#1 . jul 2015
    mmc . mar 2016 | 6w2d
    BFP! . jan 2017
    DD . oct 2017

• @virginiaham good point. I did not even think of that. I appreciate the insight into a different perspective.
    @sram331 I made my comment more out of curiosity and making sure that you were not feeling pressured by your doctor or partner to do something that you did not want to do. You could see if your doctor would share the sex with you and then you do not need to look at the actual results (if that is where you are). Whatever you decide, just know that you have options and we are here to support you.
  • @cookiemonstermomma11 👋 I’m due June 5th! Welcome!
  • EDD:  June 5th

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: 
    Finding out!  Hopefully this week 🤞

Baby is the size of a(n): lime 🍈

Upcoming appointments:
    December 2nd . Had NIPT and genetic screening done on November 12th. Impatiently awaiting results, which will also tell us the gender! 💖💙

How are you feeling? 
    Starving and tired. I got super lucky and didnt have any morning sickness (which alarmed me a bit.) Doc told me I'm one of the lucky ones. Just slight waves of nausea here and there. This pregnancy congestion is the most awful thing I've experienced though.  I cannot breathe at night no matter what. I've tried propping myself up with pillows, which make me end up with neck pain. Vicks, peppermint EO, diffuser, eucalyptus oil on the walls in a hot shower. Nothings helped. Im already not sleeping and would like to while i can. Trying to stay away from medications. Doc said I could take benadryl or claritin, but I really dont want to. HELP! Any congested mama's out there with helpful remedies? 🙏🏼

Raves/Rants: 
    My love for garlic anything has now become my enemy. I cant stand the smell or look of it. My only food aversion as of right now and this Italian girl isn't happy about it!

What is the farthest you've been from home? Costa Rica 
  • @lee-lee-bee Neti Pot before bed!
    Team green turned BLUE!
    Team green turned PINK!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @lee-lee-bee Yay another June 5 baby! 

I have very similar symptoms as you... I haven’t been that sick feeling (up until yesterday) and my constipation was soooo bad up until yesterday. Now I’ve been having the urge to go a few times a day. It’s almost making me worried I’m going too much! 

Also, I was so stuffy and it caused a bad bloody nose one day so my dr told me to take Claritin daily.. I really felt bad taking meds but it really helps the congestion and I haven’t gotten a bloody nose since. 

I also got this nose spray Xlear- works wonders and is safe for pregnancy! 
  • @lee-lee-bee I do a nasal rinse at least twice a day. My sinuses have been so full of gunk this entire pregnancy it is unreal. I also take a nasal spray 2x a day (prescription version of Flonase) and take Singulair daily. I cannot survive without my allergy meds this go. Last pregnancy I didn't take anything being a nervous ftm. This time around I am much more relaxed and have much worse symptoms. If Dr says it's category a or b, I take what I need to take and don't worry one bit. 
  • EDD: 6/4 which also happens to be the last day of school. 

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Finding out. We will probably go do an early elective ultrasound around 14/15 weeks like we did with our first. 

Baby is the size of a(n): brussel sprout 

Upcoming appointments: I have my nuchal translucency ultra sound on the 25th and then nothing until December 20th. It seems SO far away. 

How are you feeling? Today is tough. I had started feeling better but today I'm just super nauseous and feeling yucky. 

Raves/Rants:  We finally told my ILs yesterday. ***TW** we told them early early in our first pregnancy and my MIL told a bunch of people and then we had a missed miscarriage. We waiting until after 8 weeks with our son and this time we waited until after 11 weeks.

My rant is the changed the locks on the teachers bathrooms at school and now we have to put up a sign. People keep forgetting to flip it back to available and I'm not a fan of climbing the stairs to use the upstairs one. 

Questions:  None. 

GTKY: What is the farthest you've been from home?  Bahamas. I would love to go to Norway. My husband still has family there and visited once at 15. We would love to go and take our children someday. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml