July 2020 Moms

FFFC (Flame Free Friday Confessions)

*not guaranteed to be flame free

Re: FFFC (Flame Free Friday Confessions)

• @blaf322 I was just thinking of starting this!

I guess my FFFC is that I'm hoping everyone else has something juicy to spill because I've got nothing and I'm bored at work. :lol:
  • blaf322blaf322 member
    edited November 2019
    I ate half of my lunch yesterday before it started grossing me out (thanks food aversions) so I ate my entire back-up lunch. 
    FWIW- my lunch was a bowl of soup in a bread bowl and my back up was a bagel with cream cheese... both from Panera.

• Loading the player...
  • @blaf322 just ate my lunch and am sad I didn't have a back-up bagel now :joy:
  • I keep sending pee stick pictures to a friend of mine. I asked her if it was ok beforehand, but every other day...  she may get tired of it soon. Actually, I'm out of pee sticks, so maybe I'll stop now. 

• FFFC - I've generally been a bargain shopping/non materialistic type of person but have become addicted to Rothys (shoes made of recycled plastic, v. popular on social media) and I'm down a rabbit hole of shoes that are too expensive for my budget!
  • @pocketrose I want a pair soooo badly but just can't justify the spend. One of my close friends swears by them but I haven't pulled the trigger yet.
  • @blaf322 I have a referral code for $20 off your first pair if/when you're ready to pull the trigger!
  • @b_1029 I'm sorry that your journey to pregnancy has been a long and difficult one. Hopefully we will all be able to connect here on something other than our intros in the next few months! (This wasnt a surprise for me btw. So, you can love tit all my dumb crap) 
  • @b_1029 I remember that feeling during my last pregnancy.  I had previously spent so much time on the infertility boards that the idea that someone could get pregnant on accident was crazy to me. 
    History and blog link in spoiler
    2016 - dx with super low ovarian reserve; failed cycle with clomid, failed IUI, 
    2017 - egg retrieval #1 - 3 eggs, 0 embryos appropriate for transfer; ER #2 2 eggs, 0 embryos on day 3; ER #3 1 egg 0 embryos
    moved to donor egg in summer 2017; 35 eggs retrieved; 19 fertilized; 9 total embryos
    Fresh transfer Dec 2017= BFP!  baby boy born 8/22/18

May 2019 - surprise natural pregnancy ended in MC
    Nov 2019 FET; MC at 9 weeks
    May 2020 FET; BFN
    July 2020 FET; CP treated with methotrexate
    Oct 2020 BFP! 

Take a look at my blog

• @b_1029 I cringe every time I read that in an intro because I know how hurtful it is for some. 

@pocketrose thanks!! I decided I'm definitely not buying them before this baby because my feet grew by about a shoe size with DD  :| Getting rid of all my shoes basically broke my soul and I just couldn't do it with a nice pair like that  :D
  • @pocketrose I bought a pair earlier this year, and I loooove them but they make my feet sweat and smell SO BAD. I take it you don't have this problem?

@b_1029 your feelings are completely valid. I don't love when people lead with that either because I know how long it can take. I'm sorry it was so difficult for you to conceive, but I'm glad you're here now!

@blaf322 I appreciate you taking the role of #boardorganizationnazi. The knottie1289475365 and one off posts bug me too but not enough to say anything. But I'll love tit your responses in support! haha
  • I concur on the surprises. I can imagine that that experience carries its own emotional challenges but after trying for a year and two losses...I just think my empathy stockpile is limited. And I also know that a year is nothing compared to other folks journeys. But @modoodles I’m hopeful too that over time those feelings will fade a bit and we can all connect on the parts of our path that are shared, even though everybody has a different starting point. 

On a lighter note, there’s a Nordstrom Rack an easy walk from my office and I am going to buy so many earrings and other accessories to balance out the blah of weight gain. I already warned my husband. No commentary on my accessory hoarding! It’s half his fault anyway. 🤷‍♀️
  • @stlbuckeye132 I mean, my feet aren't generally very fresh at the end of the day and are maybe a hair warmer in Rothys but not miserably so.

Agreed re:surprises especially when it's someone's 3rd or 4th or whatnot. H and I didn't have too hard a time but it took some figuring out and I don't see accidently tiny humans in our future
  • @stlbuckeye132 one of the girls on my other BMB was JUST saying the same thing about her Rothys... and she said that no matter what she does, she can't get the smell out.
  • @pocketrose @blaf322 yeah my feet never smell like roses regardless of the shoe, but Rothys are the only ones that will make you gag from the smell. haha no amount of washing them can totally get rid of it either. I've been wearing "no show" socks (they 100% show) with them to help, but the stench is too deep in them from my sockless days that they still stink. It's better but still pretty bad.
  • @b_1029 I don’t see it as a problem, really, just the truth of our experiences. This is raw, emotional stuff. I assume some of those feelings will fade or change over time but I also think there’s a lot of trauma around TTC for long periods or losses or a combination of the two. And trauma doesn’t really go away, your heart is always gonna remember that wound and that’s A-ok. ❤️ Better to recognize it, I think, than to bury it and pretend it doesn’t sting. 

• @stlbuckeye132 @blaf322 I just saw on one of my Rothys fb groups (yes, well aware this would be a problem even if it was singular :D) these socks called keysocks which are no show if you wear pants/are fascinating looking. Regardless, I get not wanting to have perma-foot funk!
  • @stlbuckeye132 @blaf322 @pocketrose My Rothys are my desk shoes. I walk to the light rail in boots (ah, Minnesota) and change into flats at the office. I have two pairs and I’m ALWAYS scouring Poshmark for used ones in good condition. It’s an issue. 
  • My FFFC is despite telling ALL my friends, coworkers, casual acquaintances, etc that we conceived my son via IVF (after years and years of trying), I point-blank lied to my SIL and the rest of my husbands family about it. 
    The SIL (who I am not close to at all, but who had both her kids via IVF 15 yrs ago) went on an invasive sleuthing mission via the grandparents to try and prove we had. Then she tried to get my husband and I to admit it so many shady ways... so, I lied. 
    I still think it’s funny and look forward to round 2 denials this holiday season.
  • @rachelredhead I bid on a pair of mulberry points on ebay and should have bid more, they went for under market value and those suckers are retired/normally $200+/I wanted them but I also wanted to be open to a potential Black Friday release! Oh the conundrum...I think I'm going to see if anything gets released Black Friday and then buy one more pair (either the new burgundy loafers or camo cat sneakers) and then take a break for awhile.