July 2020 Moms

Wellness Wednesday 11/13

What are your health and wellness goals for this pregnancy?

What have you done this week to further that goal?

What are you doing for self care?
DS1: Nov. 2013
DS2: Jan. 2016
DS3: Dec. 2017
Baby #4 on the way!

Re: Wellness Wednesday 11/13

• Loading the player...
  • What are your health and wellness goals for this pregnancy? To stay active in general! Right now I’m doing CrossFit and would like to do that throughout pregnancy if possible. Like @KatieEl I’m also trying to eat really healthy before nausea hits. I also never thought of my pelvic floor so thank you for the reminder! 

What have you done this week to further that goal? Made a big batch of lentil soup on Sunday, went for a few walks Monday because I didn’t make it to the gym, yesterday I went to the gym. We’ll see what happens today (I woke up super early so I didn’t go to the gym). On Sunday I’m going to try and make some more healthy soup to freeze. 

What are you doing for self care? Hmmmm not much other than allowing myself to lounge around and trying not to beat myself up too much about it. 
  • laurad75laurad75 member
    edited November 2019
    Hi.  I'm new here and just posted my intro.  I'm excited to get to know everyone. 

What are your health and wellness goals for this pregnancy? I want to stay active as long as possible.  I think that helped a lot with my last pregnancy.  I'll do a lot of walking and I do a barre and yoga class once or twice a week. I also take ballroom dancing and will do that as close to my due date as possible.
    I created a little makeshift studio in my basement with light weights and stuff.  My 'barre' is a stool that swivels so its extra core work. 

What have you done this week to further that goal? I did a quick barre class at home yesterday, I'm going to walk to my dance lesson later (brrrr) and planning on a yoga class tomorrow.  

What are you doing for self-care? I go to acupuncture once a week and I am way overdue for a pedicure.
    History and blog link in spoiler
    2016 - dx with super low ovarian reserve; failed cycle with clomid, failed IUI, 
    2017 - egg retrieval #1 - 3 eggs, 0 embryos appropriate for transfer; ER #2 2 eggs, 0 embryos on day 3; ER #3 1 egg 0 embryos
    moved to donor egg in summer 2017; 35 eggs retrieved; 19 fertilized; 9 total embryos
    Fresh transfer Dec 2017= BFP!  baby boy born 8/22/18

May 2019 - surprise natural pregnancy ended in MC
    Nov 2019 FET; MC at 9 weeks
    May 2020 FET; BFN
    July 2020 FET; CP treated with methotrexate
    Oct 2020 BFP! 

Take a look at my blog

• edited November 2019
    What are your health and wellness goals for this pregnancy? Stay active daily. Play at the park with my 13 month old, take the two dogs for a walk, workout. Whatever that looks like each day can change but I want to keep moving. 

What have you done this week to further that goal? I’m going to switch from my gym to the local rec center today. The rec center is a little dated and older but I don’t need fancy new equipment and i can get a whole family pass there (which includes a lap pool and childcare!) for cheaper than one membership with childcare at my gym - so Dan and I can both workout. 

What are you doing for self care? I went out to taco Tuesday last night with my best friend. It was so nice to have a free evening to myself for the first time In a while!

Me: 33 DH: 31
    DD: 10.13.18
    baby #2 due: 7.14.20

• What are your health and wellness goals for this pregnancy? My last pregnancy I was still working full time, and was on my feet all day 5 days a week. Which made it easy to not have to worry that much about my weight gain. So, this time I want to make sure that I am making a conscious effort to get in some exercise throughout the week- whether it be yoga, walking, strength/cardio video. Also, I making smart choices for my food. I was good last time about balancing my cravings and eating healthy.

What have you done this week to further that goal? I have looked into some online fitness classes since I'm at home with DS that I can try to fit in possibly during his naps.

What are you doing for self care? Baths and pedicures were my favorite last time, and I plan to do that again. Also, going to the chiropractor-especially towards the end. It really helped with my round ligament pain and tightness in my hips and lower back.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • What are your health and wellness goals for this pregnancy? 

My last pregnancy I was able to commute into work with my bike up until 22 weeks, which really helped with the weight gain. This time around it’s already cold and snowy out, so I’m not willing to risk any minor slips and falls. 

we have a rec centre really close to our house with a bunch of equipment, a track and also a pool. I’m hoping I can go at least once a week in the evenings after work. I also have a barre3 subscription online that I should try logging into 1-2x a week. In addition to those 2 things, my dog and 2.5 year old will keep me active.

I also need to be more mindful of my eating habits, and try to reduce my sugar intake

What have you done this week to further that goal? Nothing yet! Even if I log into my barre3 account once this week and do a 10 min workout I’ll be happy!

What are you doing for self care? My self care has really taken a back seat over the past few years 😩 I need to schedule a hair appointment soon, and I want to try for a monthly massage.
  • @modoodles pedicures always count in my book!

@b_1029 I had some pelvic floor issues (different ones) after my second and third pregnancies, so I'm really trying to be proactive this time to hopefully minimize the rehab. I'm also cooking to stock the freezer before the nausea hits; I've never meal prepped for first tri before, so hopefully this helps and I'm not just cooking a bunch of food I'm going to have aversions to.

@laurad75 love barre! The pregnant ladies at my studio always look like such bosses!

@sunnyknightsarah childcare is everything! Hope you enjoy the new center.

@macheno there are a ton of prenatal vidoes on youtube, and if you want something paid I like the Tone it Up app and you can sort it by prenatal friendly workouts too.

@coffeeandcookies84 love your massage goal, I should have included that in mine!  Prenatal massages are my favorite; and I can totally justify them when I'm pregnant when I wouldn't normally get a massage for some reason.

Baby #4 on the way!
  • What are your health and wellness goals for this pregnancy?
    I joined a gym last February and have not attended as much as I should. I want to try to get there at least 3 times a week for classes and intersperse the other time with neighborhood walks. Also trying to eat relatively healthy

What have you done this week to further that goal?
    Very little! H's grandad has been in town and doesn't move around like he used to so we've been taking it easy and going out for meals but I've tried to make healthy choices.

What are you doing for self care?
    Trying to get enough sleep! 

• stlbuckeye132stlbuckeye132 member
    edited November 2019
    What are your health and wellness goals for this pregnancy? I'd like to stay active throughout my entire pregnancy if I can. With DD I did Pure Barre probably 4x/week throughout the whole thing, and I really think it helped my labor, delivery, and PP recovery go smoothly. I can't commit to that many classes this time around because I'd like to see MH and DD too, but I'll stick with teaching my PB classes 3x/week, I normally take a class in the studio once/week, and I try to sprinkle in a DVD on the weekends when I can.  ETA: I want to try to limit my snacking this time! I had a "snack drawer" when pregnant with DD, and I definitely over-indulged in the snack department.

What have you done this week to further that goal? I'm trying to close all my rings on my watch every day, and I'm taking a PB class Saturday, in addition to teaching tonight and Saturday.

What are you doing for self care? Getting in bed early and reading mostly
  • @KatieEl Yes! I love TIU. I haven't tried their new paid workouts, but I loved their fitness/nutrition guides. Thanks for the tip I'll have to check out Youtube.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @macheno I use the NEOU app for online workouts.  I mostly take the barre and pilates classes but if I'm feeling ambitious I do a kickboxing or dance class.  
    2017 - egg retrieval #1 - 3 eggs, 0 embryos appropriate for transfer; ER #2 2 eggs, 0 embryos on day 3; ER #3 1 egg 0 embryos
    moved to donor egg in summer 2017; 35 eggs retrieved; 19 fertilized; 9 total embryos

May 2020 FET; BFN
    Oct 2020 BFP! 

Take a look at my blog

• @laurad75 thanks I'll have to check it out. I definitely need some workouts for pelvic and lower back strength. My back was terrible last time, and with my 25lb 1yo I know it's going to be rough. Kickboxing sounds fun haven't done that in years, but you may have to give it up with all the jumping. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @macheno Right.  I can't see myself doing much jumping.  My back was awful too last pregnancy!  How old is your LO?  My son is almost 15 months and 25lbs so I'm going to need to be super careful with the lifting.  

May 2020 FET; BFN
    Oct 2020 BFP! 

Take a look at my blog

• What are your health and wellness goals for this pregnancy? I’m overweight so really want to limit weight gain and stay active as much as possible. I have great access to the Y (right next to the office) so I want to get there at least three times a week and do workouts or go to yoga on weekends. 

What have you done this week to further that goal? Nothing! I’ve been tired and anxious and the gym has felt impossible. I eat well so that side is covered but definitely need to get back into an exercise routine. I ran often in the summer and did a half marathon in early October but since then I’ve been truly lazy. 😂

What are you doing for self care? Just trying to be kind to myself mentally, minimizing negative self-talk, reaching out for emotional support when I need it. 
  • What are your health and wellness goals for this pregnancy? Not to stress too much and not to gain tons of weight. My BMI is considered obese although I truly do not think I look it or feel it (I'm wear a size 14 or 16, curvy). In any case, I want to keep my weight gain to a healthy amount and not go overboard. It's hard because I'm constantly craving carbs. All the women in my family gained a lot of weight with their pregnancies but I'm trying not to dwell too much and just take it one day at a time.

What have you done this week to further that goal?  Walking... I live on a big hill so walking counts as hiking :-)  Also, I go to a yoga class on Wednesdays that I love! It helps my mental health just as much as my physical health. I'm trying to eat mindfully and stopping when I'm full. I'm including vegetables in every meal. 

What are you doing for self care? Yoga, flossing, drinking plenty of water, stretchy pants, keeping work stress in perspective, not taking other people's drama personally
  • @dancingtreepose flossing is such a good wellness/self-care habit for pregnancy!
    Baby #4 on the way!
  • @KatieEl In the past, I've been guilty of flossing only occasionally or when I have a dentist appointment coming up. But I found out that pregnancy hormones put you at a higher risk for cavities!
  • @dancingtreepose yes! my gums always bleed like crazy during pregnancy.  I just started really flossing regularly this summer, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed it might help this time around.
    Baby #4 on the way!
  • @dancingtreepose @KatieEl I’m not a great flosser either but recently bought an electric toothbrush and that has drastically improved my bleeding gums. Definitely need to be better about flossing, too. 
  • @KatieEl @dancingtreepose I used to be terrible about flossing and my gums were in terrible shape.  My dentist did a deep clean in my gums over the summer and I never want to go through it again so I've been so much better since.  

May 2020 FET; BFN
    Oct 2020 BFP! 

Take a look at my blog

• @laurad75 DS just turned 12mo almost 2 weeks ago. He's a large, tall boy. I dont think he's going to gain tons of weight between now and July, but already being 25lbs he's killing my back and I dont have a belly, yet. 

I agree ladies with the keeping up with dental health during pregnancy is so important! I was scheduled for a deep cleaning on my left side of my mouth this past week, but I want to wait until after my initial appointment before I have any invasive work done. I read the best time to have it done is in the beginning to middle of 2nd trimester. So I will definently make an appointment to have it done.
    BabyFruit Ticker