February 2020 Moms

Weekly Randoms 11/11-11/17

Re: Weekly Randoms 11/11-11/17

• SwiftletSwiftlet member
    edited November 2019
    Hope everyone’s kids are feeling better soon!

@daffodil_shoe so glad you’re cleared for work again! Also, that daycare experience sounds pretty scary and I agree that my first thought is “so what happens when no one else is around?”

@babyroma at first they would stop kicking like as soon as my husband put his hand over them, haha. Try having him rest it there for a while :)
  • @daffodil_shoe OMG. this is going to sound horrible...but I'm so glad you caught it versus having no idea the way they treat infants in that center. 

• Loading the player...
  • Man I've been having a mentally stressful week. My huge project was due to go out Monday and I was stressed about that before my 3hr test and dr appointment so my blood pressure was apparently pretty high. So now i get to go back to logging my blood pressure daily. So far this week at home they've been fantastic. The 3x I've had high pressure, were all times I've been extremely frazzled and worked up about things. 
    But she's also worried with that high BP reading that I might be bordering preeclampsia and she wanted to run some extra blood tests for my liver and kidney functions. There were some factors that the values came back low but the overall results said everything is within normal range. She said they'd call if anything was off...so far no news.
    I'm still waiting for the glucose results which was the one I was most curious about. I'm hoping that ones ok! The test they used for the kidney/liver was the 2nd to last draw for the 3 hours and the value was slightly lower than it was the first time I had the 3 hour test....i hate waiting for results! 
  • @babyroma hopefully you can keep your BP down! Being on mag is no fun!
  • @daffodil_shoe that's what I've heard! I cut down on testing it for a while because the doctor said it was looking good. It's always been averaging out to the 120/80 at home! 
  • @daffodil_shoe - ugh leaving them at daycare is so hard. In our infant daycare Bells had the best teacher but there was one girl and every time I would walk by she would be shaking a crib HARD. I'm like what is going on? I am nervous about starting this baby in daycare in a new place, one thing I don't love about it is that they allow shoes in the infant rooms. But it seems pretty cozy in there anyway. The good thing about it is Bells is very independent. When we go to ballet class other girls are clinging to their mommies and crying and Bells is like c-yea and runs in without looking back. I think it's good that she can trust others.
    Me: 38, DH: 36 
    Married Jan 2008 
    DD Baby Bells born Dec 2016 5 lbs, 12 oz, 18" <3 so in love <3
    Due with #2 Baby Arya EDD February 2020

• @jvk2012 - yea I ended up buying something from Motherhood. You are in CT too right? It's freaking freezing. The one I got has an insert to put over a baby carrier so I can take baby on walks during maternity leave, so it might be useful. The body heat will probably get pretty hot in March and April but oh well!
    Married Jan 2008 

• @leksiL Ahh! That's frustrating. Glad he was reminded and apologized!
    TW
    BFP 6/3/19 EDD 2/14/20 BFP 4/15/21 EDD 12/20/21
    Diagnosed with PCOS & Hashimoto's
  • @Swiftlet What great news! Praying this is her rainbow!  <3
    TW
  • and...now school calls and DD1 looks to have pink eye. ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff
    Married Jan 2008 

• @leksiL Oh No! I am so sorry! 
    TW
  • @Swiftlet that is so exciting about your sister. Praying for safety and health for her and this little one.

@leksiL NOOOOOO! 
  • @Swiftlet that’s so exciting!  

• Just finished up with my glucose test! I still think the drink is not too bad 🤷🏻‍♀️ Lol everyone thinks I’m crazy when they ask how it was! Now to wait for the results! 
  • OK back from Dr. - Bells has an ear infection and possibly pink eye. For a normal kid that's not a huge deal but it means that Bells' tubes fell out and we are looking at a possible third tube surgery. We will see how this winter goes. Antibiotics should wipe out both. Poor thing has had constant ear infections since she started daycare, until tubes were put in. When she failed a hearing test we found out one had fallen out so had it put back in. Now they are out on both sides. 

Silver lining - our deductible will be gone so our OOP shouldn't be TERRIBLE this time around.

Anyone picking benefits for next year - max out your HSA hahaha.
    Married Jan 2008 

• @Swiftlet that is so exciting!

@leksiL the winter coat argument is one I had with my MIL and I was so happy MH took my side.  Sorry about the pink eye situation.  My sophomore year of college we had pink eye go around the campus and they actually had to cancel classes to disinfect the campus.  FX she can get better soon and that you and YH don't get it!
    Me:37 MH:37
    TTGP since 07/2017
    **TW** in spoiler
    DX: PCOS, anovulatory, AMA
    Femara X3: no response
    Clomid X3: BFN (cyst and thin lining)
    IUI (Dec '18) MMC
    IVF (April '19) 9 retrieved, 7 fertilized, 2 normal PGT-A
    FET 06/12/19 - BFP! EDD 02/27/20

• @daffodil_shoe OMG with that daycare. That is so scary. They would definitely be off my list.

@leksiL it's good you had this fight. Our local news did a reminder on this and showed the crash test video. 
    TTC#1
    10/2018: MFI (2 SA under 9 million/ml)
    11/2018: HSG shows right Fallopian tube slightly damaged 
    1/2019: Husband diagnosed with grade 3 varicocele
    4/05/2019: varicocele repair surgery
    6/13/2019: BFP!!! EDD: 2/22/2020 <3  Baby girl born 2/27/2020
    7/18/2019: Total Motile Count at 3 months post surgery = 51 millions!! (number must be >20 millions to conceive naturally).

TTC #2
    9/07/2021: BFP - CP: 9/10/2021
    10/07/2021: BFP - CP: 10/23/2021
    12/23/2021: BFP! EDD: 08/31/2022

• @lanie1000 I am so sorry that happened to you. Feeling violated doesn't seem overly dramatic to me. I would be too. They invaded your personal space, touched your stuff, and took things that belong to you. That is a violation. 
  • @lanie1000 I am so sorry that happened.  Our apartment got broken into about 10 years ago and it was a horrible experience.  The worst part wasn't all the electronics they stole but seeing the pictures of my family (including my 2 year old nephew's baby picture) I kept in my wallet thrown about my living room like they were trash.  Violated is a perfect word for it because there really is no other way to describe it.  I couldn't imagine if I had my child's things touched too.
    Me:37 MH:37
    TTGP since 07/2017
    **TW** in spoiler
    DX: PCOS, anovulatory, AMA
    Femara X3: no response
    Clomid X3: BFN (cyst and thin lining)
    IUI (Dec '18) MMC
    IVF (April '19) 9 retrieved, 7 fertilized, 2 normal PGT-A
    FET 06/12/19 - BFP! EDD 02/27/20

• Just found out that the condo we own and rent to my brother and MH's brother has bedbugs. 😣 Definitely not the end of the world, though kind of gross. But my husband is freaking out a bit because his brother does laundry at our house sometimes. On the plus side, my dad used to do a lot of bedbug extermination prep for his job, so at least they have someone knowledgeable to help them out. 
  • @lanie1000, omg so sorry that happened to you! I don’t blame you for feeling violated. 

@leksiL, I’m in MA but it’s also freaking cold here! (I’m originally from CT)
  • @lanie1000 I’m glad nothing valuable was taken but I think I would feel the same way if that happened to me <3
  • @lanie1000 I would feel the same way. Glad nothing valuable was taken 
  • @lanie1000 I’m so sorry! I would be so pissed about the window, and the glass all over.
  • So sorry for your daughter @leksiL.

yikes!  @mandk1233 that’s kind of a worse nightmare for me.  That and lice.
  • thanks everyone. I definitely feel a little better (and less dramatic). 

@mandk1233 Oh no!!! I really hope they haven't made their way into your home, too! But I'm glad you have someone experienced to turn to. I would be so lost. 
  • @lanie1000 - I'm so sorry that happened to you! And you have to go back and park in the same place every day which makes it even more stressful. 

A bunch of people in my town have had this happen and it's really caused a stir. What can these thieves think to find in a car? It is sad and pathetic. Remember to check with your insurance to see if you have full glass coverage - hopefully you don't have to pay anything out of pocket. 

I had to freeze my checking account and start a new one last week and today my paycheck got deposited in the wrong account. So annoying. I hope you have an easier time!
    Married Jan 2008 

• Well, woke up today to find out my nephew born late last night was given the name we had chosen for our son. Granted, we didn’t tell anyone so it wasn’t intentional but it still broke my heart 💔 Now I have to put a smile on my face for the baby shower today when all I want to do is cry. 
  • @taylor2020, I’m sorry, that is hard especially since it’s family. 
  • I'm sorry I disappeared for so long.  I think I've allowed myself to be a little distracted by some other life stuff going on.  That, plus the fact that symptoms eased up in the second tri (except heartburn, ugh) had me thinking about pregnancy a little less than the first time around.  There's something about being on the edge of third tri that has caught my attention and brought me back into baby mode.  I hope you've all been doing well. ❤️
  • @taylor2020 oh shoot I’m sorry! That really sucks. Cry away!
  • @taylor2020 I am so sorry!! Girl, I would want to cry and rage and curse the gods. Glad it wasn't intentional, but that probably doesn't help much. Hugs to you!
  • @taylor2020 oh no!! I’m sorry! Though I do know cousins who have the same names....
    Me:33
    DH: 34
    Married: May 2011
    TTC #1: May 2015
    DS: 10/20/2016
    TTC #2: June 2019
    #2 EDD: 2/20/2020