July 2020 Moms

November Appointments

Got an appointment? Tell us about it! 

Re: November Appointments

• RE appt/US 11/15....and hopefully OB intake sometime later this month 
    rant: military medicine can be so frustrating with getting appointments, especially OB, so I’m hoping I can pull strings to get everything scheduled early. 
  • I had an infertility consult scheduled for Nov 15 already so we just switched it to a first OB appt. Should be able to confirm the pregnancy is in the right place by then at least. 
  • Loading the player...
  • I had my first prenatal appointment this afternoon. My GP confirmed my pregnancy and handed off all my ultrasound and requisition forms for blood work throughout my pregnancy.

Need to phone tomorrow to schedule my dating ultrasound for sometime between 7-8 weeks.

im in Canada so I’m interested to hear how the appointments differ from the US and other countries (if any here)!
  • Ive had 2 blood draws, and the betas looked great (thank god).  We have our first US on 11/11 and then will have another at around 8 weeks.  As long as all looks good, we will move back to our OB for the remainder of the pregnancy.  
    **TW Loss/pregnancy mentioned**
    Married: 7/21/12
    BFP: 5/30/16 and MC on 7/6/16
    BFP: 12/4/16 Due 8/8/17 -- Its a boy! Born 8/14/17
    BFP: 5/19/19 and MC on 5/27/19
    BFP: 6/24/19, MC on 7/24/19
    BFP: 10/24, no heartbeat on 11/27, D&C 12/2
    Officially diagnosed with Secondary infertility and recurrent miscarriage
    IVF started Feb 2020
    retrieval and PGT testing: 18 retrieved, 17 mature, 16 fertilized, 9 to blast, 8 PGT normal.
    Transfer #1: June 14, 2020
    Mommy to a super cute havanesse puppy and baby boy! 
  • I have an appointment on Nov 26th, just trying to be patient....I love hearing the heartbeat so I can't wait (eeek).
  • @firsttimemom720 good luck tomorrow! I hope all goes well.
  • Dating ultrasound booked for Nov 28! I’ll be roughly 8 weeks
  • First appointment and US on November 27. I will be about 8 weeks. It is hard to wait as I want the reassurance that everything is going well.
    TW loss mentioned 

**BFP#1 9/5/12   EDD 5/15/13  changed to 5/25/13 after u/s,  missed mc 10/19/12.  D and C 10/22/12** 
     **BFP#2 9/12/13  EDD 5/16/14 changed to 5/27/14 after u/s, hb 126 on 10/11/13, miscarriage on 10/24.13**
    ~RPL testing results from 12/6/13 show everything normal except elevated prolactin. Blood work is now in the normal range. All AL welcome!
    BFP #3 10/24/14  Our rainbow baby was born July 2015
    BFP 4 10/28/19 EDD 7/6/20
  • @bluguitarhannah how exciting!!!! What a great way to start the weekend. 
  • @bluguitarhannah congratulations!! That's so exciting! Grow baby, grow :smile:

• @bluguitarhannah great news!! I hope everything continues to go well!
  • @bluguitarhannah soooo exciting! Congrats!
  • @bluguitarhannah that’s such wonderful news! Congratulations! Keep growing little one.
  • @bluguitarhannah so happy to see this. Congratulations!
    Ladybug - April 2013
    Dandelion - October 2018
    Angel "Aurora" - July 2020
    Angel "Sawyer" - May 2021
    Angel "Maxine" - January 2022
    Angel "Violet" - March 2022
    Baby Dove due March 2023
  • @bluguitarhannah congrats so exciting!!
  • I had a preplanned pap that turned to confirming pregnancy October 29th. Now first OB Appointment is in the 15th ultrasound on the 19th! By then I'll be 7 weeks and 4 days. 
     I'm sooooo excited! 😊
  • @blueguitarhannah that's awesome - yay!!

I had an HCG quantitative blood draw yesterday and will have a dating ultrasound on 11/21. When I first called the obgyn they didn't schedule me for things until December - intake/medical history call with a nurse on 12/2 and first OB visit and US on 12/16, which I was surprised about how late those were. I'm grateful my gyno called in the extra early appointments to check in on the pregnancy and my PCOS, definitely easing my mind.
  • Going November 20th. I think I’ll be 7w and some change! I’ve are doing midwives this time! Which I’m excited but sad to change. But for my first 2 we delivered an hour away in Pittsburgh and it’s just not feasible this time. 
  • @laahaa I love midwives, I hope you enjoy your experience with them!
    DS1: Nov. 2013
    DS2: Jan. 2016
    DS3: Dec. 2017
    Baby #4 on the way!
  • KKraakmoKKraakmo member
    edited November 2019
    @firsttimemom720 How did the early appt go? Were you guys able to see anything on the US?
  • @blueguitarhannah congratulations! I didn’t realize you could hear a heartbeat at 6 weeks!
  • I’ve got first US on November 21 where I’ll be somewhere between 7-8 weeks! Really hoping everything is healthy and progressing properly 🤞🏻 This whole process is so nerve wracking - especially waiting around just having to trust that everything is OK between appointments. Like, can I hire a personal OB to hang out and reassure me on a daily basis? 
  • I called my OB yesterday, and that thankfully I was able to get an appointment for next friday Nov 22nd. They probably think I'll be somewhere be 6-7 weeks, but I know I ovulated late so I'll most likely be 5-6w. I'm glad the appointment is soon. The waiting was so tough last time.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • First ultrasound on 11/25 at 7w5d! 
  • @blaf322 haha. Sounds like something I’d do as well! Glad it turned out well!

My first u/s is 11/19 (5+2) and I’m anxious to confirm just 1 babe in there. Today’s HCG at 4+3 was over 1K, so I’m nervous.
  • @KKraakmo we saw a yolk sac! Going back on Friday to look for heart beat! Thanks for asking! :)
  • Glad to hear I'm in good company @pretzellover @coffeeandcookies84 :joy:

Coffeeand... Congrats on the great betas!
    Pretzel... :# Good luck! Can't wait to find out!!

• @blaf322 yay! What a great appointment!
  • @blaf322 That rabbit hole is totally something I would think as well.  It drives my wife nuts.

• @blaf322 congrats on a great appointment!
    BabyFruit Ticker