February 2020 Moms

WTF Wednesday

What's got you going "wtf" today?
TW
BFP 6/3/19 EDD 2/14/20 BFP 4/15/21 EDD 12/20/21
Diagnosed with PCOS & Hashimoto's

Re: WTF Wednesday

• Loading the player...
  • @babyroma That feature is awesome! I don't deal with autocad but from other programs it is definitely a lifesaver lol

@sassypants2010 That is so weird! 
    TW
  • @craftywitch What the hell! 
    TW
  • @craftywitch I sympathize with the pregnant friend. If it's your first tri, then you're exhausted and nauseous. If it's the 3rd, then you're huge, uncomfortable, and exhausted. Unless the wedding is during the brief (possibly nonexistant) "glow" then the pregnant friend is totally justified in not wanting to go. 
  • @sassypants2010 That sounds so creepy. Is there a way to block that YouTube channel?

@craftywitch Ugh! What is it about weddings that seem to create bridezillas? Her poor friend. 
  • @craftywitch Have you tried the YTKids app? You can create a profile for your son and choose an age range and it only offers up channels and videos that are within that category... Still lots of choice for videos, but a bit more control.
  • @craftywitch  @sassypants2010 +1 for YouTube kids. DS stilL gets into some weird shit but it’s way less than regular and it’s very easy to block channels and individual videos
  • @sassypants2010 that is really creepy! 

@craftywitch I hate it when people act their wedding should be the most important thing in everyone's life. 

My WTF is for some reason I can't get TB website to load more than half the time.  Also my neighbor behind me thinks it's perfectly acceptable to let their little dog bark nonstop outside. I was enjoying the sunshine with my dogs and after 20 minutes of listening to this dog bark without stopping at all we all went back inside.  My older dog barked twice and then gave the fence a dirty look.
    Me:37 MH:37
    TTGP since 07/2017
    **TW** in spoiler
    DX: PCOS, anovulatory, AMA
    Femara X3: no response
    Clomid X3: BFN (cyst and thin lining)
    IUI (Dec '18) MMC
    IVF (April '19) 9 retrieved, 7 fertilized, 2 normal PGT-A
    FET 06/12/19 - BFP! EDD 02/27/20

• @craftywitch Yeah, just no. I can't imagine travelling that far close to the due date. I'm nervous enough about travelling for christmas and that will only be 34-35ish weeks. Maybe she can frame it to the bride as "I'm worried about going into labor at the wedding and ruining a day that should be all about you"?
  • @craftywitch could be worse... have you seen this story?  Assuming it’s not fake... a bride solicited $30k in donations for her wedding, canceled, kept the $$$ for a “pre-honeymoon” and continued asking for gifts. I’m not 100% convinced it’s not an internet hoax... but an excellent story nonetheless.

• @um_thor omg if that was my daughter I would be SO EMBARRASSED. That is the ultimate worst parenting fail. 
    Me: 38, DH: 36 
    Married Jan 2008 
    DD Baby Bells born Dec 2016 5 lbs, 12 oz, 18" <3 so in love <3
    Due with #2 Baby Arya EDD February 2020

• @leksil my mom thinks putting registry info on an invitation isn’t proper, nor are those “honeyfund” registries. I think she’d keel over in horror if that was her daughter!
  • @celticknotfire TB is acting up for me, too! Sorry your neighbor's dog is being annoying! We have some beagles that live down the road and the owners leave them out way too long and they're constantly barking at everything. 
    TW
  • @um_thor I really hope that's an internet hoax. Absolutely horrifying. If someone I know did something like that they'd be excommunicated for sure. Keep the $50 and good luck completely rebuilding your support system because I'm out!
  • @brookert615 That’s so crappy. Is there an opportunity for you to just stop doing the work and let him step up? Or to have a candid conversation like “thus far these have played out like XYZ. I want a more equitable division of labor. Let’s divide the tasks in half. Which are you taking?”
  • @brookert615 I say F people who slack like that. I’m your peer, not your servant. Either we make this sh*t equal or I do none of it... but my team isn’t going to suffer either, so we better sort this out.  (I also think my attitude from the train has lingered into the day LOL)
  • @um_thor Lol yes, exactly! Thank you!
    TW
  • @craftywitch Thanks so much! And that's so frustrating!!! I just don't understand it. Some men will go above and beyond... then others are just pieces of garbage and make the rest look bad! 
    TW
  • @craftywitch I think we’re kindred souls.
  • @brookert615 so ridiculous! next time one of these events comes up, shoot him an email and say, “Hey Bob, we all agreed on Restaurant this time. When time should we plan to meet in the room?” 
  • @brookert615 I am so sorry your coworker is being a douche canoe like that. I second what @um_thor suggested about talking to him. If he still does nothing then maybe it's time to get passive aggressive and just not do anything for his team.

@um_thor Sorry that guy was a jerk on the train. 
  • Thanks guys!!! 
    TW