Brown paper packages tied up with strings
    Cream-colored ponies and crisp apple strudels
    Doorbells and sleigh bells
    And schnitzel with noodles
    Wild geese that fly with the moon on their wings
    Girls in white dresses with blue satin sashes
    Snowflakes that stay on my nose and eyelashes
    Silver-white winters that melt into springs

These are a few of my 10 Thankful Things.....I'm sorry-not-sorry. I really just couldn't resist today. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    1. I have a paid adult snowday today! Snow days as adults are WAY better than as kids in my opinion.
     2. I went back to bed after sending Harper to daycare and slept in!
    3. I'm planning on spending the rest of the day studying for my licensure exam, doing laundry, re-watching Gossip Girl 🤣, and I should probably make a plan for dinner.
     4. The snow outside REALLY makes me want to decorate for Christmas.
     5. I feel a little guilty for being home but sending Harper to daycare. Only a little though. She was so cute when I woke her up this morning.
     6. I'm finally getting over that cold after a week. 
     7. Dr appt tomorrow morning to check on little man. I think he's head down but i'm not sure. I'm pretty over being pregnant at this point.
    8. I'm like 98% convinced that husband's gonna need to get a vasectomy when this baby is here but the other 2% has a hard time committing because what if I really do want another baby? 
    9. We opened our Costco membership this weekend that was gifted to me from my coworkers on my last day. I'm pretty excited about the membership!
    10. I need to prep freezer meals. 😬
  • Options
    @marebear15 that's kind of where I'm at with Fall/Christmas!  I feel like I need to hold out to give Fall/Thanksgiving it's appropriate time, but my heart is telling me it's Christmas time! 🤣
  • Options
    @valerie4786 that’s about where I’m at with mh getting a vasectomy. I’m so on the fence about having him do something more permanent than me getting an iud. 
  • Options
    @kbrown2385 @valerie4786 is it really complicated to reverse a vasectomy? I’ve heard of it being done but wasn’t sure how routine it was.
    @marebear15 pumpkin cookies sound superb!

1. Freshly fallen snow is so beautiful. 
    2. Being pregnant has me driving like a grandma. 3. I’m also much more anxious about loved ones being on the road in lousy weather—which there was a ton of yesterday. 
    4. I’m currently having a wardrobe malfunction: the belly panel on my work pants has completely failed and won’t stay up so my pants have been falling down my butt all day. Luckily my top is relatively long.
    5.  Potty training in earnest began this week for DD at daycare!
    6. Stuff has been pretty stressful with work and I’m finding that my appetite has plummeted in response because I tend to carry all my stress in my stomach. Typically reaction for me, but I’m feeling like a bad mom and really need to ensure I’m getting good nutrition. 
    7. Is it bad I’m already dreading the road trip to MIL and FIL’s for Thanksgiving? It’s like a 9 hour trek. Ugh. 
    8. However, Thanksgiving means pie. And I love pie. 
    9. I love dressing my dog up in her pink winter sweater. She’s a pit mix, so she has really short fur. 
    10. I’m normally in the “November is for fall stuff” boat but snow on the ground means all bets are off. Bring on Christmas, too!
  • Options
    @kbrown2385, SO has brought it up, too, because I'm not a candidate for tubal ligation, but...even at 42, I'm just not quite ready to erase ANY chance of another Last Chance baby. 
  • Options
    kbrown2385kbrown2385 member
    edited November 2019
    @EmilyE13 i don’t think it’s difficult to reverse but I do know it’s not guaranteed to actually work. Success rates can be as low as 30%. I want to be 100% we are done having kids before performing any surgeries. 

1. I’m loving all the rain we are getting today.
    2. We have our sibling tour of the hospital tonight and I think ds is looking forward to it.
    3. Happy to be going back to only my weekly scans and bi weekly Ob appts. These nst’s were stressing me out.
    4. I want pancakes.
    5. I’m debating buying a maternity coat of some kind. I kind of feel it’s not worth it. I should also get some long sleeve shirts since it’s colder now.
    6. Disney+ is out today and I’m loving it.
    7. My friend is coming up to see us in a few weeks. So glad we will be able to visit with them before they move to Japan.
    8. I really need to get back into meal planning for the week. 
    9. I just want blt sandwiches again. Someone also mentioned donuts and I could go for some fresh chocolate glazed too.
    10. It’s now snowing 😬

edit forgot tag
  • Options
    @FyreFlyeRush You are so clever and so devoted to Christmas. It's amusing!

@EmilyE13 I can relate to the work thing. Weirdly when I am at home I never forget to eat but at work I have to remind myself that I need to....silly stress.

@valerie4786 I am definitely over being pregnant at this point lol. I mean I will keep them in there because that's what's good for them but uggh it's a bit uncomfortable now!

1. Another 11 hour day at work. Sometimes I wish I worked a 9-5 job but then again I like what I do so....
    2. Our Scandinavian (wood) Christmas tree came yesterday. It's the first tree we have had since it will be the first Christmas we will be home in 8 years
    3. It's week 7/10 of school. Just keep swimming. Just keep swimming. 
    4. I feel so much love from friends and family. It's really nice!
    5. Excited for work shower this week. 
    6. Got a belly support thing and hoping it helps with the broken vagina thing. Just trying it at home  I think it's going to help
    7. I'm so behind on my knitting projects.
    8. Pregnancy brain is real. That is all
    9. It's not even 9pm and I'm heading to bed
    10. People with kids and being pregnant are my new superheros...that sounds crazy to me right now!
  • Options
    I know its wednesday but heres my 10 things anyways.....

1. I’ll jump in in the vasectomy chat. I am most definitely done after this pregnancy & have had a brief chat with my obs consultant about tubal ligation & ive also mentioned several times to dh about a vasectomy aswell. The success rate is so much higher for him but if im having an elective section anyways 🤷🏻‍♀️ Its still not confirmed for either but id be happy for us both just for the added reassurance.

2. 32 weeks today! Its been a milestone that dh, as a medic, has been keen to reach & he let out a sigh of relief this morning.

3. dd was the sweetest the other night when I was feeling unwell and went for a lay down in the evening. She came to check did I need medicine and then came into bed to snuggle with me.

4. dd is also dropping her nap at nursery since she moved to the preschool room last week. She is shattered & has asked to go to bed at 6:30 several evenings.

5. Only 2 more weeks left til mat leave for 10 months after tomorrow 🙌🏻

6. Still dont know how im going to get everything done that I need to do in those 2 weeks 😬

7. we have a site visit this afternoon to our new house to decide socket outlet locations etc before the electricians start to first fix. Im so excited as its the first time we’ll have seen it other than peering through the site fencing! We finally got the contracts sorted & released, along with the deposit, last friday & its such a relief!

8. Add me to the soooooooo over being pregnant list. Ive had enough of being massive & struggling to get off the sofa or out of bed!

9. Disney + wont be available here until March next year & dh desperately wants it to watch the mandalorian.

10. My cleaner cancelled today & my house will just have to gather dust til next week when shes back cause I have no intention of doing anything about it!
  • Options
    ponyoisfunponyoisfun member
    edited November 2019
    @EmilyE13 I would completely be dreading a 9 hour road trip!  Especially at this late stage.  When I was pregnant with dd at around the same time I refused to drive to anyone's house over 1/2 an hour.  It was just uncomfortable sitting in the car that long and honestly the roads are not safe where I live.  

@kbrown2385 I highly suggest a maternity coat.  Even if you only wear it for the next few months I have found it helpful to wear later when I am carrying a baby in a baby carrier.  I can just zip it up around them.  I know you have two babies, but if you are planning on wearing them at all I think it would be useful. 

Edited to add -  my coat is just a cheap and simple one from old navy.  I wear it over other layers and it is usually warm enough.  Plus pp, it was very useful to have something that fit without me feeling like I was being squeezed. 
  • Options
    @leprechaunlady congratulations on 32 weeks!! That's a big milestone for twins and I know I'm anxious to make it there too