Group 2 (May 9-16) week of 11/11

EDD/weeks+days: 

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: 

Baby is the size of a(n):

Upcoming appointments:

How are you feeling? 

Raves/Rants: 

Questions: 

GTKY (stolen from group 3): Do you have a favorite family recipe (whether you make it or just enjoy it when someone else makes it)?

Re: Group 2 (May 9-16) week of 11/11

• EDD/weeks+days: May 13th/13+5

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Team Pink! Just found out this morning we are having another girl!

Baby is the size of a(n): a scoop of ice cream

Upcoming appointments: Regular OB visit next week 11/19

How are you feeling? decent overall - struggling with finding food that sounds good for the most part but nothing major

Raves/Rants: I am not excited that it's already snowing today (in the midwest).  I enjoy snow late November-Christmas but all the rest of the time it sucks.  

Questions: nah

GTKY (stolen from group 3): Do you have a favorite family recipe (whether you make it or just enjoy it when someone else makes it)? My grandma's roast and dumplings.....gahh sounds so good right now but it's a decent amount of work and I have no energy. Maybe I'll get around to making it soon or convince my mom to make me some haha
  • @bananapanda I'd love to get some snow, but totally agree that it's way too early!

EDD/weeks+days: May 14th/13+4

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Team lavender.

Baby is the size of a(n): Lemons

Upcoming appointments: First appt with my new OB on Friday.

How are you feeling? Good, as long as I keep eating. I'm still pretty tired, but I think it's getting better.

Raves/Rants: I'm so excited to have today off! And I get my hair done Wednesday, so I feel like this is 1) a fun week and 2) it's going to go by really fast 

Questions: Nope.

GTKY (stolen from group 3): Do you have a favorite family recipe (whether you make it or just enjoy it when someone else makes it)?  My mom's mashed potatoes and gravy are out of this world. I don't know how she does it. I've watched a million times, but my gravy is never as good. My MIL makes a huge Thanksgiving dinner and then ruins the mashed potatoes by opening a jar of gravy. I wanted to cry last year.
  • Loading the player...
  • EDD/weeks+days: May 11/ 14 weeks today

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Team pink

Baby is the size of a(n): Beet or a peach

Upcoming appointments: Nov 27th

How are you feeling? Pretty good! I have a lot of my energy back and nausea is mostly gone now. 

Raves/Rants: Rave - feeling amazing. Rant - IL’s are increasingly awful. 

Questions: nope. 

GTKY (stolen from group 3): Do you have a favorite family recipe (whether you make it or just enjoy it when someone else makes it)? My favorite food in life is gravy and biscuits like my grandmother used to make. Fortunately, I have her recipe. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • EDD/weeks+days: May 12th / 13 + 6

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: pink - our second girl. So many girls around here!

Baby is the size of a(n): let’s call it a naval
    orange (rounding up a day)

Upcoming appointments: Nov. 18th

How are you feeling? Definitely less nauseous. This is the gap between major symptoms and feeling the baby and it’s freaking me out a little. I feel fine, but it makes me feel like I’m not pregnant. 

Raves/Rants: The appliances and heating system in our house are old or in bad condition. Between that and leaf raking, I’m almost starting to wish we hadn’t gotten a house. 

Questions: none 

GTKY (stolen from group 3): Do you have a favorite family recipe (whether you make it or just enjoy it when someone else makes it)? My grandma (dad’s side)’s stuffing is amazing. I have only made it once or twice, but mmm. Sad to say, my mom makes HER mother’s stuffing and it is not that great. 
  • @adventuresawait2 it’s freaking me out too. I appreciate all the energy I have and not feeling sick anymore, but I miss the reassurance everything is cool. I’ll be glad when I have wiggles to comfort me. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • EDD/weeks+days: May 15/13+4

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: finding out, but not until 20 weeks. Feels like forever!

Baby is the size of a(n): lemon

Upcoming appointments: Dec 10th

How are you feeling? better - successfully finished my dinner yesterday for the first time since I finding out I was pregnant.

Raves/Rants: can't think of anything but I reserve the right to rant or rave later this week😂

Questions: nope

GTKY (stolen from group 3): Do you have a favorite family recipe (whether you make it or just enjoy it when someone else makes it)? My mom's sweet potatoes!! Creamy and delicious and topped with toasted marshmallows. I cannot wait for Thanksgiving.

@adventuresawait2 @Austenista agreed about feeling better making me feel nervous. I've successfully stayed up to 10pm the past few days and I haven't been able to do that since early September. The energy and appetite is great but I want to make sure everything is good too!
    Me: 31 ~ DH: 34 
    FTM
    BFP: 9/5/19 ~ EDD 5/15/20
  • @bananapanda The struggle is real, the only food that ever sounds good is crap food that I know I shouldn't be eating regularly. UGH, we've had several snow falls so far. The first couple melted by the end of the day, but the last few the temp has dropped and its been icy since the city still has the equipment set up for summer/leaf pick up. So annoying.

@ruby696 What are you getting done to your hair? I really need to go in for a trim and a touch up on my color, but my stylist is 30 minutes away and is super slow, so I have to plan vacation time, which I'm running out this year.

@Austenista   I love biscuits and gravy, I really need to find some good gluten free biscuit recipes.

@adventuresawait2 From about 12-16/20 weeks is such a mind fuck because of the reasons you are talking about! I am so paranoid right now, I need to get a home doppler I think. Homes are so much work. We bought in 2015 and the AC went out, so we decided to replace AC, furnace, and add duct work since it was 18+ years old. That was such a huge bill that I am half way through paying (5 year loan).

@heyybritt I cannot do sweet, sweet potatoes. I need them savory!

EDD/weeks+days: May 14, 13+5

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Finding out December 19

Baby is the size of a(n): Lemon

Upcoming appointments: Endocrinologist this Friday, next OB is Nov 25

How are you feeling? Pretty good. If I cough or sneeze hard I get a pain in my left ute/hip area, occasional nausea or disgust for food, and restless legs.

Raves/Rants: I am almost done with my huge work project, the end is in sight and I am so thankful. DD's birthday party is this weekend, I need to get the house together and do some grocery shopping/cooking!

Questions: Nope

GTKY: Do you have a favorite family recipe? I'm going to go with White Chicken Chili or Chicken dumpling soup. I've done some experimenting in trying to make the recipes gluten and dairy free, still working on it though.
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    • BFP: 9/16/15 — MC: 11/8/15 Blighted Ovum
    • BFP: 3/10/16 — Baby Girl born 11/20/16
    TTC#2 April 2019 
    • BFP: 9/12/19 — EDD 5/15/20

• @m6agua I hope your appt on Friday goes well. I have one Friday, too. Not sure about my hair. It's lighter right now than I've ever had it, but I'm thinking of going darker since it's going to be winter. It looks really good right now. So IDK.... at least if I throw in darker highlights, I feel like that's better during pregnancy than maintaining the blond. 
  • EDD/weeks+days: May 16/ 13+4

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: we WERE team green but had a mix up and are now team blue

Upcoming appointments: 11/21 reg OB

How are you feeling? Getting better but still battling nausea and food aversions. 

Raves/Rants: my pregnancy brain is driving me insane. I am generally very organized in planning and I cant even remember to write things in my planner now! 

Questions: nope

GTKY (stolen from group 3): Do you have a favorite family recipe (whether you make it or just enjoy it when someone else makes it)? My husband makes the best grilled cheese sandwiches!
  • @bananapanda Congratulations on your little girl!

@ruby696 Enjoy getting your hair done today! 

@Austenista Glad you are feeling better :) 

@adventuresawait2 Ugh sorry about the house stuff- especially the heating system. Even though appliances are also $$$ at least you can be somewhat excited about picking them out and using them!

@heybritt YES to sweet potatoes!! Except I love a walnut/brown sugar mix on the top. mmmmmm

@m6agua I get the same mostly left sided sharp pain. There is a sore spot too that almost makes me feel like the muscle is pulled or something. Good luck finishing up your big work project!

EDD/weeks+days: 5/14, 13+6

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Blue

Baby is the size of a(n): Lemon

Upcoming appointments: 11/26

How are you feeling? I can't complain, some energy back and way less nausea. Starting to work out again thank goodness.

Raves/Rants: Ugh work is making me nervous lately. My job is not very typical so I am stressing a little about maternity leave and also my patient is starting 5 weeks of radiation treatment on his scalp. This makes me nervous for him and myself because I went in there yesterday to help position him on the table (not during the treatment obviously so there was no active radiation) but still MH was mad at me for it and I'm kind of kicking myself even though I know exposure was probably minimal to 0. I need to talk to someone in their office about what I can/cannot with that since I am pregnant....

Questions: Anyone here work in the field of radiation oncology?

GTKY (stolen from group 3): Do you have a favorite family recipe (whether you make it or just enjoy it when someone else makes it)? My moms sweet potato casserole and cheesy potato casserole! Did anyone here grow up saying "hot dish" instead of casserole?
  • EDD/weeks+days: 13+6 but baby is measuring a week ahead at 2 different ultrasounds! 5/14

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: finding out 

Upcoming appointments: glucose tolerance the day after thanksgiving

How are you feeling? So. Much. Better. 

Raves/Rants: rave: I got to go out to breakfast and I’m going shopping ALONE after my appointment this morning. It was in the city an hour away and I told my parents (who have DS) I was working in the city today since they don’t know yet. Beautiful day and best coffee ever (even though it’s cold!) 

Questions: anyone else had baby consistently measure ahead? I am NOT wrong on my EDD, based on when we did the deed there is no way. It’s making me a little nervous. 

GTKY (stolen from group 3): Do you have a favorite family recipe (whether you make it or just enjoy it when someone else makes it)? My grandmas home made noodles. Yummy. 
  • @JStill0603 glad you got to enjoy some alone time.  That's the best!
  • @JStill0603 I would say you could be off on your dates if you are just going by when you had sex, because you can have sex and the sperm can live up to 5 days until you ovulate or you can ovulate and then have sex a day or so after and still get pregnant. Then implantation could effect things a bit too. If you have had 2 early ultrasounds that have been consistent on measurements I would go with that date.
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    • BFP: 9/16/15 — MC: 11/8/15 Blighted Ovum
    • BFP: 3/10/16 — Baby Girl born 11/20/16
    TTC#2 April 2019 
    • BFP: 9/12/19 — EDD 5/15/20

• @cbusby91 omg! What kind of mix up happened?? That sounds awful! 

@JStill0603 That sounds like an amazing morning!

EDD/weeks+days: 14w4d

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: finding out

Baby is the size of a(n): I don’t know, I didn’t look this week. Oops!

Upcoming appointments: In 2 weeks 

How are you feeling? Feeling great!

Raves/Rants: We are telling our families this week and I am dreading it. Not because I anticipate any negative reactions, just mainly because I hate being the center of attention. 

Questions: Nope

GTKY (stolen from group 3): Do you have a favorite family recipe (whether you make it or just enjoy it when someone else makes it)? My grandma’s apple pie. I really hate cooking, but I enjoy baking. My favorite things to make are her apple pie and my pecan pie. I actually just made some pecan pie this week, all for me!