January 2020 Moms
Options

Product Spotlight 11/7: #1 Must Have Item

Share your #1 Must Have Item! If you could only pick one item, for mom or baby, what is your #1 must have item? (Try not to repeat anything someone else has said - instead, love tit their post)

STM: Share what you couldn't live without. Share as much info as possible along with a picture or link if you have it. 

FTM: Feel free to share any products you’ve been questioning and of course, all questions welcome.

Re: Product Spotlight 11/7: #1 Must Have Item

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I didnt breastfeed & the tommee tippee perfect prep machine is hands down the best money I ever spent on a baby item. Rather than having to wait for bottles to cool etc with a screaming hungry baby, it made it to the right temp in seconds! Will absolutely be using it again this time round.
  • Options
    Gerber cloth diapers for burp cloths. The other ones that are thin with plastic are pretty, but not helpful at all. This was the BEST thing the last time and I always get it as a gift.
  • Options
    Last year I would have answered this question with "Rock n Play" but since that's been recalled, I'm hoping my swing will do the trick to get her to sleep and then I can transfer her into the pack n play for naps. 
  • Options
    A lot of good stuff already mentioned so here we go

For me I loved this splurge on a lambskin. We used a bassinet stroller and in the winter months I would line the bassinet with this when we were out and about, even at home (though not for sleeping). I just found it kept baby super cozy and warm

https://www.woolino.com/products/sheepskin-rug-for-baby-natural-shorn-lambskin-2x3-ivory

• Options
    I think the #1 thing I used the most was a boppy...it propped up baby perfectly for breastfeeding and had a bunch of other uses for us too.  Oh, and a good water bottle because I wanted water ALL the time during breastfeeding. 
  • Options
    Stretchy jersey nursing cover was my number one go-to that hasn’t already been mentioned. It came in handy everywhere: planes, restaurants, etc. It also can double as a carseat cover, scarf, and baby blanket. Plenty of times I just wore it knotted around my neck when not using and (provided you didn’t notice the stray milk stains at times) it looked decently stylish. 

I have a few Cover Me ponchos. I know there are a million brands but I love how stretchy and soft these are:

• Options
    @persnickity 🙌🙌 baby carriers!  Loved the K'tan and Tula also!
  • Options
    @marebear15 same. Still haven't decided what we are going to use this time. We have a hand-me-down mamaroo that DD hated that I will probably try first before buying anything else. We never had a swing or bouncer so I don't even know where to start. 

I had a My Breast Friend nursing pillow that I liked so much better than my boppy for positioning. I seriously used that thing so much for the first couple months. 
    https://www.amazon.com/My-Brest-Friend-Original-Midnight/dp/B00PC3JYQQ/ref=sr_1_4?crid=15EFHY3UGL9UA&keywords=my+breast+friend+nursing+pillow&qid=1573569963&s=baby-products&sprefix=my+breas%2Cbaby-products%2C136&sr=1-4
  • Options
    breweber2010breweber2010 member
    edited November 2019
    It looks and sounds so gross, but I swear by the Nose Frida!  It simply works!  It will probably be one of my top gifts for new moms.  Plus its easy to clean after using unlike the hospital bulbs.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    My Ergo.  I used it with all 3 kids, but especially for 2nd & 3rd time parents, it is so useful since you have to drag baby all around. I use the infant inset with the newborns, and now I use the back carry with my almost 3 year old pretty much daily. 
    BabyFruit Ticker

BFP 3.8.16  EDD 11.20.16

• Options
    Books/thoughts on sleep.  I spent so much time thinking and reading about birth with my first, when in reality that will last a day or two and you will have advisors, while baby sleep will affect you for the next 5 years at least.  The really useful reading during pregnancy was reading about sleep and having some thoughts on it before baby came.  Healthy Sleep Habits Happy Baby was my favorite, but there are a ton of different books and theories and ideas.  Once baby came I was too tired to read up on it.  
    BabyFruit Ticker

BFP 3.8.16  EDD 11.20.16

• Options
    Sorry I did 3.  I couldn't pick. 

A bouncer chair, similar to this.  It's the easiest way to take a shower because baby can be right in the bathroom while you shower.  And it helps some babies poop.   I for the most part steered as clear as I could from anything with batteries, but this type of thing is totally worthwhile. 

https://www.amazon.com/Bright-Starts-Playful-Pinwheels-Bouncer/dp/B00KHR7TPK/ref=mp_s_a_1_6?keywords=Vibrating+baby+chair&qid=1573661677&sr=8-6
    BabyFruit Ticker

BFP 3.8.16  EDD 11.20.16

• Options
    @breweber2010 the nose frida is amazing! I still use it on my 4 year old when he’s got difficult nose issues.
  • Options
    @breweber2010 the Nose Frieda really freaks me out, I don't know if I could do it but I've literally never heard a single bad thing about it! 😬

@MollySm I second the bouncer!  Ours got so much use I bought a 2nd this pregnancy so I wouldn't have to lug one upstairs to shower when it would mainly be used on the first floor.
  • Options
    @breweber2010 I love our nose Frieda too! DD never tolerated the bulb syringe, but was always fine with the nose Frieda. Now she tries to hold it up and suck her own nose out. Haha
  • Options
    @valerie4786 I didn't think I'd be able to do it at first either, but there is a foam filter  before the tube that you suck on so I think it would be really difficult for any gunk to get through.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers