How are you feeling? 

Raves/Rants: 

Questions:

GTKY: Favorite Holiday and why?
TW: 
1 infant loss
8/17: Our daughter was born
8/18: Our daughter kicked open heart surgery ass
2/19: We lost our son to Prader-Willi/Paradoxical Vocal Cord/ Noonans at 6wks old 
4/26/2020: EDD for baby #3!!!

Re: Group 4 (April 25-30) Week of 11/11

• Options
    EDD/W+D:  Due 4/26...

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: Blue

Baby is the size of a(n): Avacado!

Upcoming Appointments: regular check and fetal echo

How are you feeling? Ok- still tired. Would love that energy! and super into cooking-all the crockpot things.

Raves/Rants: second over 4" snow already this season and a high of 8 degrees tnght!! WTH this is not ok winter! Go away.

Questions: 

GTKY: Favorite Holiday and why? Thanksgiving!! We host, and I love all the food- which is hilarious bc my sister hates like all of it. Praline sweet potatoes, mac n cheese, rolls, cranberry sauce- give it all to me
    TW: 
    1 infant loss
    8/17: Our daughter was born
    8/18: Our daughter kicked open heart surgery ass
    2/19: We lost our son to Prader-Willi/Paradoxical Vocal Cord/ Noonans at 6wks old 
    4/26/2020: EDD for baby #3!!!
  • Options
    EDD/W+D:  April 27, 16 weeks today

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: Pink

Baby is the size of a(n): chipmunk, how cute!

Upcoming Appointments: this Thursday. I'll get to hear the baby and will get some bloodwork done. Last time I had low iron so they're keeping tabs on that. Also I had an abnormal result on one of the blood tests last appt that they'd like to retest.

How are you feeling? My nipples hurt really bad and dry/crusty. Gross.

Raves/Rants: my spouse painted the baby nursery! It's really feeling real now. Rant: at work everyone knows I'm pregnant and lots of folks feel the need to tell me about their pregnancy/delivery.

Questions: 

GTKY: Favorite Holiday and why? Christmas is my favorite. Traditionally my aunt has hosted for 50+ family members. This will be the 2nd year she hasn't and we still haven't found a new routine. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @smallbutmighty77 I love all the Thanksgiving side dishes! I usually don't even take any turkey.
  • Options
    EDD/W+D: April 26th 16w+1d

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: Green

Baby is the size of a(n): Avocado, or a CD!

Upcoming Appointments: December 2nd is another midwife check-in, then on the 5th is our anatomy scan

How are you feeling? A little overwhelmed. My mama had a health relapse last week in the lead up to a big 70th birthday party my sister and I have been planning for her, then our fridge broke and I had to clean out all the old food I'd been asking DH to clear for a while so that the property manager could come take a look. DH threw his back out really badly while cleaning the tub for me (so I could relax and recover from fridge day), so badly that he could barely stand or walk at all. I've been helping him, taking care of our two dogs and cat, helping my Mum get treatment, we still threw the party yesterday (that went well at least!), and today there was a huge snowstorm. I'm exhausted and I still need to take both dogs out on my own tonight, in the snow, and I have a fear of being out alone at night from a past bad experience. Luckily bean decided last night that I get to feel them flutter around a bit. I needed that little positive surprise.

Raves/Rants: Rant: see above... accidentally ranted there. Rave: I made a really yummy mushroom fettuccine tonight while watching Gilmore Girls. It was a good time.

Questions: What are you gals doing to cope with stress and exhaustion? Like other than a million naps where you can get them?

GTKY: Favourite Holiday and why? I love Christmas. It is my all-time favourite. I grew up with lots of special little traditions in my family and they all made Christmas feel so cozy and special. We were always the most unified as a family on Christmas, and I found comfort in the routine. I also love the decor, the process of finding something special for each person, the events in the lead up that bring people together. It is really the only part of winter that makes me want winter to come!
  • Options
    EDD/W+D:  4/30, 15w5d

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: Pink!

Baby is the size of a(n): Cinnamon roll, light bulb or travel deodorant 

Upcoming Appointments:  Next week, 11/21

How are you feeling?  I'm up and down.  I'm not as tired, but will get weak and light headed easily.  I'm in a much better mood and have random spurts of energy.  My boobs started to hurt yesterday, I'm stuffy, but other than that not really having many symptoms!  

Raves/Rants: My rant and my rave are the same thing.  We're heading to Chicago and to the University of Notre Dame for a long weekend and a football game.  I'm super excited to get some alone time with DH, but the second half of the trip we're staying with one of his family members and I'm not sure what to expect.  We have a crazy busy schedule and I feel completely unprepared.  Our flight leaves Thursday morning early and I'm in a mad rush to get caught up with work and get myself and the kids packed (they're heading to to my ILs while were gone).  Normally I start packing about a week before and have a packing list for everyone.  This time is chaos!      

Questions: nope

GTKY: Favorite Holiday and why?  Christmas!  It's such a warm cozy feeling!  @korthouse described it best!  

@jecies Yes to all the side!!!  I usually do the same thing

@korthouse Prenatal yoga, trying to keep a positive mind, trying to do little things for myself, letting some stuff that doesn't "need" to get done go
  • Options
    EDD/W+D:  4.27, 16+2

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: girl

Baby is the size of a(n): grande iced chai latte

Upcoming Appointments: Thursday, but nothing special. 

How are you feeling? I spent too much time on a wooden bench and my left hip hates me now.

Raves/Rants: Planning a baby shower and DS's 2nd birthday has me both excited and stressed.

Questions:

GTKY: Favorite Holiday and why? I love love love Thanksgiving, because I was born that day, and my huge family gets together from all over the country. So much food! But also Christmas. I never get sick of Christmas music. We're alternating now that we have a kid and this year is my year!

To answer your question without tagging, I deal with being tired by literally going to bed at 9:30/10. But also prenatal yoga on YouTube.
  • Options
    EDD/W+D: April 23 17w+2d 

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: Finding out December 4th! 

Baby is the size of a(n): “folded up pair of sunglasses”  I wonder how long it took to find objects that were the correct size for every day?! 

Upcoming Appointments: This coming Monday, Nov 18th. I’ll get to hear the fetal heartbeat for the first time! Also doing a blood draw for AFP. 

How are you feeling? Feeling great compared to the first trimester. This week I’ve had some slight nausea again, but totally manageable by snacking often. 

Raves/Rants: Rave! My husband works as a mechanical engineer away at sea and has been gone for 13 weeks now. But he’s flying home Sunday night! I’m so excited to have him back and that he will make it to the appointment to hear the heartbeat. It will make it more real for him. 

Questions:  none at the moment

GTKY: Favorite Holiday and why?
    I love Thanksgiving for the food, and the fact that my family gathers but there’s no pressure to buy gifts. 
    I love decorating for Christmas though! The whole season leading up to Christmas is full of gratitude, reflection, and has such a cozy feeling.