July 2020 Moms
Options

Group 3 (July 17-24) Check in: 11/11

Hope it’s okay I started this! Whoever is in group 3 can start weekly thread going forward.

EDD/weeks+days: 

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: 

Baby is the size of a(n):

Upcoming appointments:

How are you feeling? 

Raves/Rants: 

Questions: 

GTKY: **stolen from May 2020** What’s your favourite coffee order and favourite place to go?

Re: Group 3 (July 17-24) Check in: 11/11

• Options
    *lurking from G1*
    @b_1029 I think, for some, you just don't. For me, reminding myself what's normal helps. Being logical about factual things is helpful. That said, I'm still nervous about my viability US this week so I'm certainly not perfect and unworried either lol
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @blaf322 yes I think I’ll relax after the first ultrasound once they say everything is going ok! It’s probably just the whole intangibility thing for me right now haha. Thank you and I hope your US goes well this week!
  • Options
    @b_1029 just 2 more weeks and you'll be able to breathe some <3 Hang in there!
  • Options

EDD/weeks+days: 4 weeks, 2 days

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Team Green (second time)

Baby is the size of a(n): grain of table salt, baby measures 0.05 in (0.13 cm) from crown to rump and weighs 0.004 oz (0.11 g), dip switch toggle, size of a 20 grit grain on a sheet of sandpaper)

(This website is cool: https://babysizer.com/ cravings, facts, geeky, manly)

Upcoming appointments: Have not made any yet, just have an order in for HCG and progesterone

How are you feeling? Normal, maybe a tad tired but probably from toddler and school

Raves/Rants: Love having this secret with my husband but also hate the speculation when not drinking. I'm fake drinking (someone pours/gives me and I pretend to sip and dump)

Questions: I forget...ha

What’s your favorite coffee order and favorite place to go? Nitro Cold Brew or Cinnamon Dolce Latte. Usually Starbucks because of convenience but my city has lots of cute/local places
  • Options
    EDD/weeks+days: Somewhere between July 17th and July 22nd. I ovulated late this cycle. probably between 3w5d and 4w3d.

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: We will most likely find out. We found out with DD

Baby is the size of a(n): poppy seed

Upcoming appointments: Next Friday 11/22 for my initial scan and dating. 

How are you feeling? relatively good not too many symptoms, but it's still very early.

Raves/Rants: While I'm over the moon about being pregnant with baby #2, it's going to be a rough month coming up with out move to Pittsburgh. We don't have much family close by who can help us. So, we're mostly doing it alone. That and DH has 2 weeks of out of town training for his new job coming up. So I'm praying for peace and strength during this transition.

Questions: 

GTKY: What’s your favourite coffee order and favourite place to go? I don't really have a favorite coffee place since I've not really been drinking coffee since before DS. I do like a nice latte though or just a plain iced coffee.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    EDD/weeks+days: 4 weeks (EDD 7/19, fwiw this is my best guess, LMP EDD is 7/9, so clearly I need a dating ultrasound lol)

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: finding out! We were team green with my first, and it was a bit anticlimactic (for me). Plus, I have three boys and this is my last one, so I just need to know ASAP.

Baby is the size of a(n): a poppyseed

Upcoming appointments: first one + dating ultrasound on 12/3

How are you feeling? Exhausted but good. My morning sickness/raw food aversion always starts around 6w so I’m trying to prep a bunch of food now so dinners aren’t a hot mess.

Raves/Rants: rave: it’s my oldest’s birthday today! Rant: but my youngest decided not to nap (aka cake baking window) rave: Amazon now to the rescue! Rant: I know it’s silly (and probably hormonal) but I’m genuinely weepy about not making his cake 

Questions: anyone have an acne spot treatment that’s pg friendly they love (I have one that I’m not that into)?

GTKY: **stolen from May 2020** What’s your favourite coffee order and favourite place to go? I’m pretty boring: triple venti almond milk latte (the ‘bux). But! My favorite is an oat milk latte; none of the places in my city are that fancy yet. Sob! Sob!
    DS1: Nov. 2013
    DS2: Jan. 2016
    DS3: Dec. 2017
    Baby #4 on the way!
  • Options
    Hi!  I'm new to group 3. 

EDD/weeks+days: 3+6

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Team finding out

Baby is the size of a(n): teeny tiny chia seed

Upcoming appointments: My beta is Saturday.  I won't 'graduate' from my IVF clinic until week 7 but I'm going to call my OB today to set up an appt with her too.

How are you feeling? Fine.  I feel nothing this early.  I don't remember having many symptoms this early in my first pregnancy either except my boobs got sore. 

Raves/Rants: My H is completely disconnected from this pregnancy so far.  He hasn't even mentioned it since we high-5'ed yesterday morning when we got the positive.  Maybe he is waiting for more concrete numbers from my beta this weekend but c'mon dude.  Show some enthusiasm. 

Questions: What is everone's plan for sharing the news with family.  I will be almost 10 weeks at Christmas and I would love to share then but is it too early? 

GTKY: **stolen from May 2020** What’s your favourite coffee order and favourite place to go?  I'm a Starbucks girl.  I usually get a standard coffee with lots of cream and sugar but I will treat myself to a latte now and then.  I'm a sugar addict.  
    History and blog link in spoiler
    2016 - dx with super low ovarian reserve; failed cycle with clomid, failed IUI, 
    2017 - egg retrieval #1 - 3 eggs, 0 embryos appropriate for transfer; ER #2 2 eggs, 0 embryos on day 3; ER #3 1 egg 0 embryos
    moved to donor egg in summer 2017; 35 eggs retrieved; 19 fertilized; 9 total embryos
    Fresh transfer Dec 2017= BFP!  baby boy born 8/22/18

May 2019 - surprise natural pregnancy ended in MC
    Nov 2019 FET; MC at 9 weeks
    May 2020 FET; BFN
    July 2020 FET; CP treated with methotrexate
    Oct 2020 BFP! 

Take a look at my blog

• Options
    @laurad75 my DH is the same way, I honestly think it’s just not as present for them as it is for us, which is fair, we’re growing the bub! We are definitely telling family at Christmas. I think I’m making a minted calendar of pics of my kids for the grandparents, and on the July page I’m going to have my boys holding up the ultrasound pic or something like that
    Baby #4 on the way!
  • Options
    @KatieEl That is a really cute idea!
    2017 - egg retrieval #1 - 3 eggs, 0 embryos appropriate for transfer; ER #2 2 eggs, 0 embryos on day 3; ER #3 1 egg 0 embryos
    moved to donor egg in summer 2017; 35 eggs retrieved; 19 fertilized; 9 total embryos

May 2020 FET; BFN
    Oct 2020 BFP! 

Take a look at my blog

• Options
    edited November 2019

EDD/weeks+days:  July 18. 4 weeks 6 days 

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: I have done both, team green for my first and third but found out for my middle because we were moving at the time. I'm leaning more towards finding out this time for some reason.

Baby is the size of a(n): Poppy seed

Upcoming appointments: I haven't made one yet. I'm still in a little bit of shock.

How are you feeling? I'm feeling fine physically, no real symptoms to speak of in truth. Emotionally I'm a bit more of a mess.

Raves/Rants: I wish I was more excited I'm just scared overall about finances and panicked in trying to find a way to get my business more traction so I can help out in some way.

Questions:  What names do you guys like? I'm a big name nerd and look at names all the time pregnant or not so I admit the idea of getting to choose a new name is probably the highlight of this otherwise scary time.

What’s your favourite coffee order and favourite place to go? I don't drink coffee or tea. If I go to like Starbucks I get the caramel apple cider. 
  • Options
    @enchantindragon I'm sorry you are feeling so anxious.  Hopefully you just need some time and with three kids already you probably don't have time to freak out!  
    I've been thinking about names a lot too.  With our son, Duke, it was literally the only name we agreed on.  If we have a girl I really like Anna but I am at a total loss on boys' names this time around.  

May 2020 FET; BFN
    Oct 2020 BFP! 

Take a look at my blog

• Options
    @enchantindragon I am the same way, I am a big name nerd- I love looking at names! This baby was a surprise to us, I was certain we were one and done and I STILL looked at named after my son lol.
  • Options

EDD/weeks+days: 4 weeks, 1 day

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: finding out

Baby is the size of a(n): poppyseed

Upcoming appointments: First appt for ultrasound, 12/12 aka forever.

How are you feeling? Nervous because I just want my appt to get here. I had ZERO symptoms with my son, and so far, no symptoms with this pregnancy. It's a blessing and a curse. Obviously feeling fine is awesome BUT it makes for a very anxious pregnancy. Symptoms in my mind are reassuring.

Raves/Rants: Rants- Hate they make you wait til 8 weeks for appts, although I totally get why! Also, super nervous about having 2 kids as I do a lot myself because my husband doesn't work a typical schedule. Raves- weather is beautiful in Florida right now!

Questions: 

GTKY: **stolen from May 2020** What’s your favourite coffee order and favourite place to go? I am a starbucks girl, 100%. I know, I know. I am easy and LOVE my iced coffee with 1 splenda and extra cream.
  • Options
    EDD/weeks+days: 4+4

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Finding out asap 😊

Baby is the size of a(n): Poppyseed

Upcoming appointments: none yet

How are you feeling? Fine so far. Peeing a lot and insomnia are the only things I’ve noticed. 

Raves/Rants: Trying to be content and go with the flow but really just want to fast forward to the second tri!!!

Questions: I’m still nursing my second, she’s 19 months (I know🙄) only in the morning and at night mostly but I’m wondering if anyone that has done this noticed a difference in pregnancy or symptoms?
  • Options
    @ktw1518 I’ve nursed through my pregnancies two times (three of you include this one). I didn’t notice a difference at all. My milk changes around 7 months and each time my son self weaned right around then, but otherwise it was NBD. I know some moms have massive nursing aversions while pregnant, so I’d just pay attention to how you’re feeling and go from there.
    Baby #4 on the way!
  • Options
    Ok thanks! Yea I’ve heard the taste changes so I wasn’t sure when that usually happens. Glad to hear it wasn’t a big deal! 
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    @laurad75     Thank you. I hope it's just nerves and it gets better with time. I feel guilty not being excited like I was for the others. I haven't even called my doctor to make an appointment yet. It just hasn't sunk in yet.

Anna is sweet though it might be swept up in the current Frozen craze in case you don't like that kind of thing. Its a lovely classic name though so it won't be a thing too when she is older, just now with little girls associating the name to the movie. 

• Options
    @slg4417 Oh yay another name lover. What names do you like? What's your son's name? Do you frequent and of the other name forums like naming wizard or nameberry? I admit I haven't in a while but have been back on since I found out with this one. Its my one bright spot currently. We still have names left over we didn't use (mostly boys) but I'm kinda itching to see if there is something new or better that might strike my fancy now. I like our older choices but I have mulled on them for so many years I'm kinda wondering if something else will catch my eye more since this will be the absolute last for sure. The next name in this house will be a pet! 
  • Options
    lakemama2020lakemama2020 member
    edited November 2019
    EDD/Weeks + Days: 5 weeks, 0 days

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Undecided

Baby is the size of a(n): Appleseed 

Upcoming appointments: 3rd beta HCG tomorrow, 6 week + 3 day scan on 11/27, 8 week + 1 day viability scan & prenatal appt on 12/9

How are you feeling? Absolutely exhausted throughout the day, waking up with insomnia around 3 am, and experiencing waves of nausea with gagging. Fun times! 

Raves/Rants: This is my 3rd pregnancy and  (fingers crossed)  rainbow baby. I lost my first in May and had an ectopic pregnancy treated with chemo in August. Feeling ready to get past the initial appointments so I can breathe and feel confident about being excited. I am so grateful to be pregnant again and have been practicing tons of self-care and exercise to ensure my mind is healthy. Grateful for this community.

Rant: I am on progesterone suppositories and I've been constipated for 2.5 weeks. I just want to poop regularly  like a normal person! 🤣

Questions: Is anyone else a loss mom here? Anyone with a previous ectopic? I would love to hear how you're managing anxiety and hope ❤️ 

What’s your favourite coffee order and favourite place to go? I love chai tea lattes in the fall 😍
  • Options
    busymom247busymom247 member
    edited November 2019
    @lakemama2020

TW***

I am a loss mama! This is also my 3rd pregnancy and rainbow baby. I lost last August 2018 at almost 10 weeks. My entire pregnancy I was anxious and being denied ultrasound and I did get progesterone test (was on vaginal suppositories with my first and then injections). When I finally got the ultrasound there was no heartbeat.

****/End TW****

This time they did HCG and I requested progesterone checks and I'm on the vaginal suppositories. I'm probably meeting with NaPro Technology dr this week and will most likely manage my progesterone with her. Sounds like I will do injections again (makes symptoms SO much worse and also it is painful to move/walk and they're two times a week). Whatever I have to do....I was on 3 vaginal suppositories  a night last time and my progesterone dropped.....which is how I ended up on injections. I feel like like last year I should have pressed for another test. I found out progesterone level doesn't matter per se but is it increasing (much slower rate than HCG)?

I'm so busy with graduate school, my toddler and upcoming holidays that it is hard to be super anxious but I definitely am. I just have to take each day. I'm so glad you're taking care of yourself. I have no time right now for exercise but I was active with my first and I think it helps my well-being. I have a project due today and then more in next couple of weeks but I hope to fit in walking, etc.

There is a thread for loss mamas in July 2020 but I haven't made it over yet: https://forums.thebump.com/discussion/12748565/pgal-11-11#latest
  • Options
    @enchantindragon I'm not on their forums, but I am on Namberry all the time lol! I haven't ever been to the other one, so I am going to go check it out. My son's name is Grey, middle name is Parker. I like names that are fairly unique or not super common, but not weird or crazy. Right now, I am OBSESSED with Reece for a boy, or Reese for a girl (my husband likes them but isn't in love, so hoping to get him on board with these haha). I have a much easier time coming up with boys names, I am hoping for another son (although we will be so so happy no matter what), I just feel like I am made to be a boy mom. So I also like Silas, Brooks, Hayes, Quinn, Asher, Sebastien, Julien, and there are more i'm sure. For girls, I like Reese like I mentioned, I also like Isla, James and Collins (You can see I lean on the boyish side, I even like boyish names for girls hahah). What names are you enjoying right now? And what are your kids names? Naming is one of the most exciting parts to me!
  • Options
    @lakemomma2015 @busymom247 I'm also a loss momma but its complicated.  I conceived my son by donor egg IVF and assumed there was no way I could get pregnant naturally because I have no eggs.  Well, this past May I discovered I did get pregnant on my own but lost it.  I didn't even know I was pregnant since my cycles were so off after I stopped nursing.  It was so frustrating to have to go back on the pill just to make sure I don't get pregnant with my own sad, old eggs.  We are so excited to be expecting our second from the same embryo 'batch' as our son but I'm nervous after the loss.  I'm also on progesterone injections and it's so annoying.  Last time around I don't think I regained feeling in my hips until my son was about 4 months old.  

May 2020 FET; BFN
    Oct 2020 BFP! 

Take a look at my blog

• Options
    I'm going to start us a new check-in for this week.  

May 2020 FET; BFN
    Oct 2020 BFP! 

Take a look at my blog

• Options
    EDD/weeks+days: 7/20

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: finding out

Baby is the size of an : Appleseed 

Upcoming appointments: I haven’t called to make one yet. 

How are you feeling? Very nauseous and tired. 

Raves/Raves: Meh. I’m good. 🤷🏼‍♀️

Questions: 

GTKY: **stolen from May 2020** What’s your favourite coffee order and favourite place to go? I don’t drink coffee. 😬
  • Options
    @harmonicahammered this is last week's check-in, I'll tag you in this week's! :)
    Baby #4 on the way!
  • Options
    @slg4417 Yay another name lover to chat with! My son is Drake Jonathan and my daughters are Juliet Rosalie and Fiona Karlie. Drake & Fiona have family middle names. I don't know if we will do one this time though.  I like uncommon names that aren't too far out there with literary connections as I love reading and want my kids to as well (so far they all do so yay). My husband and I have very different taste though so he vetoes a ton of my favorites. For boys I like Jude, Rex, Brooks, Troy, Tristan, Jasper, Hudson, and Xavier. Girls, Guinevere, Bianca, Collette, Calista, Vivienne, Daphne, and Noelle. I have a bit of a romantic sweep thru my name's I feel which is very much me. 

I'm no nameberry and baby name wizard now as much as I'm here lol. Can't wait to hear all the amazing names people will come up with as we all move further along.