Group 3 (2/15-2/21) Check-in w/o 11/11

EDD/W+D:

Team:

Baby Size:

Upcoming Appts:

Symptoms/Cravings:

Rants/Raves:

Questions:

GTKY- What was the #1 song in your country the day you were born? https://www.thisdayinmusic.com/birthday-no1/

Re: Group 3 (2/15-2/21) Check-in w/o 11/11

• edited November 2019
    EDD/W+D: Feb. 21, 25w3d

Team: Green

Baby Size: Depending on the app... Cauliflower/ Prairie Dog/ Weight of an iPad

Upcoming Appts: 11/13 reg. OB appt

Symptoms/Cravings: I have been having the worst hip pain sleeping and anytime  get up from a seated position. Hoping a heated pad will help at work and maybe getting a different pregnancy pillow for sleeping.

Rants/Raves: Rave: After a trip to IKEA/At Home/Homegoods this weekend, the nursery is coming together! Hoping the remaining items will come into place after baby showers in December and January. Rant: The baby's father and I got into a huge fight recently regarding him accepting a job in another state without telling me. I understand I can't force him to stay nearby, but I would've liked a heads up instead of being blindsided by this info.

Questions:

GTKY- What was the #1 song in your country the day you were born? Bryan Adams's (Everything I Do) I Do It For You. This song immediately transports me to my HS prom :D
  • EDD/W+D: Feb 20: 25w4d

Team: Pink

Baby Size: Cauliflower, Napa Cabbage

Upcoming Appts: Dec 2 

Symptoms/Cravings: Not much of anything. Just some baby kicks and rolling 

Rants/Raves: My SIL decides to throw me a brunch sprinkle in my hometown! I’m excited. It’s also the same weekend as my birthday so that’ll be fun! 

Questions: Nope 

GTKY- What was the #1 song in your country the day you were born? Walk Like an Egyptian by the Bangles 😆

Me:33
    DH: 34
    Married: May 2011
    TTC #1: May 2015
    DS: 10/20/2016
    TTC #2: June 2019
    #2 EDD: 2/20/2020
  • Loading the player...
  • @TennisLove30 I’ve apparently started snoring too. 
    Me:33
    DH: 34
    Married: May 2011
    TTC #1: May 2015
    DS: 10/20/2016
    TTC #2: June 2019
    #2 EDD: 2/20/2020
  • SwiftletSwiftlet member
    edited November 2019
    @fallonpartyfor2 holy crap, I would be super upset about that! I hope some kind of plan comes together soon <3
    @TennisLove30 I've been drooling on my pillow a lot recently...sleeping beauty indeed.
    EDD/W+D: 25w3d
    Team: blue + pink
    Baby Size: the head of Thor's hammer. (How do we know how big that was?!)
    Upcoming Appts: Dec 2nd for glucose test, other blood work, Tdap and Rhogam
    Symptoms/Cravings: Lots of baby movement, lots of trouble rolling over at night/getting up. I think I'm hungrier in general, could probably eat just red meat for a while and be OK with that. Have avoided my husband's poptarts so far but no promises for the future...
    Rants/Raves: We went to our childbirth class yesterday. I feel like I already knew a lot of stuff from having a medical background and reading things online but it was still a good thing to do. I've also been pretty productive today which always makes me happy :)
    GTKY: INXS Need You Tonight (if I'd been in the UK, it would've been "I think we're alone now" which will now be stuck in my head the rest of the day!)
  • @fallonpartyfor2 wow what a shady move on his part. Hope you have something set up to make sure he’s going to be paying child support, seeing as how he is literally running away.
  • @jca217131 The last week or so I've been waking up at like 2am and can't fall back asleep for a while. It's annoying!
  • @jca217131 yep I would wake up to pee and couldn’t fall back to sleep. That’s why I take Unisom. No longer a problem. I wake to pee, and quickly fall back to sleep.
  • EDD/W+D: Feb 20, 25w4d

Team: blue

Baby Size: Zack Morris' brick phone

Upcoming Appts: 11/22 for regular OB, glucose test, ultrasound with MFM and MFM appt

Symptoms/Cravings: Definitely "popped" recently

Rants/Raves: Rants: DD has a cold and was very challenging today.
    Raves: Went away Saturday-Sunday with mom friends and got a prenatal massage which was amaaaazing

Questions:

GTKY- What was the #1 song in your country the day you were born? Dire Straits "Money for Nothing".  My dad definitely played this song while I was growing up lol
  • EDD/W+D: 2/15, 26w 2d

Team: Blue 💙

Baby Size: baby's fist is the size of a popcorn. 

Upcoming Appts: early December for glucose test, TDAP, general OB check in, etc.

Symptoms/Cravings: lots of hip pain at night, which makes getting up super fun. I also sit most of the day, and come home with puffy feet and ankles. Craving ALL the sugar. 

Rants/Raves: Rave - I can't get enough of seeing my belly move when he's squirming around in there 😍 It's hard to catch because as soon as I look down he stops. But when I do catch it -- instant grin.

Questions: FTM here and totally freaked out about about his exit strategy. Giving birth sounds horrifying. Having a c-section also sounds horrifying. The recent threads are super helpful so I know what to expect, but give me so much anxiety. 
    I've been pretty lucky to have never had any major medical experiences (no surgeries, never had teeth pulled, not even a cavity!) so this is totally overwhelming. Anyone else completely freaked out?!

GTKY- What was the #1 song in your country the day you were born? La Bamba by Los Lobos.
  • daffodil_shoedaffodil_shoe member
    edited November 2019
    @malloryfrommn keep in mind that a lot of women do this more than once, so it’s all worth it! Honestly, yah contractions hurt like a mother f***er, but the epidural made everything glorious and I felt nothing, not even while pushing. I can truly say I loved pushing, it was fun. I suggest reading Ina May’s “Guide to Childbirth.” It made me feel very zen and confident in my body.

ETA- how could I forget to add...omg the high you will feel when they lay your baby on your chest!! It’s unreal. I wish I could bottle it up. Keep that in mind whenever you feel anxious 🥰
  • jvk2012jvk2012 member
    edited November 2019
    @malloryfrommn, taking a birthing class and a hospital tour may help ease some anxiety. I had an amazing labor and delivery nurse who walked me through everything. I had an epidural and was able to watch the Yankees/Red Sox game and talk with H during labor. Pushing was tiring but with the epi not super painful. I clearly signed up to do it all over again so it wasn’t that bad. And honestly, my recovery wasn’t bad either. 
  • @daffodil_shoe thanks so much for the reassurance! Your experience and perspective is super helpful. I will definitely check out that book - I've been meaning to find something that will better prepare me. Oh, and I can't wait to meet our little guy ❤
  • @jvk2012 I so appreciate hearing your take on childbirth! I've heard from a few people that the nursing staff are absolutely EVERYTHING. I'm definitely going to sign up for a birthing class and hospital tour. Also, 100% opting for the epidural!!!
  • @leksiL congrats on passing the exam!
  • @leksiL What a relief on your exam! Great work :)
  • @leksiL, it’s from Flashdance! 
  • This is my group and I’ve been lurking instead of answering this week’s post, but wanted to jump in to say hi and a few quick comments 

@malloryfrommn the delivery recovery hacks thread totally scared me as a FTM! I’m trying to do some visualization for a successful labor and delivery and how I’ll (hopefully) respond along the way along with what’ll get me through (hopefully). That’s helping a little. 

@leksil congratulations! That’s an accomplishment any time let alone while
    pregnant - we should all get a pass from major life requirements right now.

@fallonpartyfor2 an unannounced move would upset and disappoint me too. Love your positive attitude - just take good care of yourself. 
  • @TennisLove30 - oh I haven't seen that one! 
    Me: 38, DH: 36 
    Married Jan 2008 
    DD Baby Bells born Dec 2016 5 lbs, 12 oz, 18" <3 so in love <3
    Due with #2 Baby Arya EDD February 2020

• @leksiL congratulations on passing your exam!!! As a CFP. I know just how difficult finance and accounting topics can be. Get it, girl!

Also thank you for the reassurance. My new mantra going into the final weeks will be "we are literally made to do this." 💪