group 1 (april 1-8) week of 11/11

EDD/W+D:  

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: 

Baby is the size of a(n): 

Upcoming Appointments: 

How are you feeling? 

Raves/Rants: 

Questions:

GTKY: What is your favorite holiday tradition?

Re: group 1 (april 1-8) week of 11/11

• I’ve been having trouble keeping up, but since today is a stat day, I thought I’d come and check in early!

EDD/W+D:  April 7, 18+6

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: finding out!

Baby is the size of a(n): no idea haha

Upcoming Appointments: Both midwife and anatomy scan next week 

How are you feeling? Pretty good. Things have been busy, but I’ve definitely got more energy these days. Feeling lots of movement! 

Raves/Rants: DS is teething, and been having a hard go of it (the top teeth always bother him more). But we’ve all been sleeping well, so can’t complain too much. We’ve also been having a lovely autumn which is nice. 

Questions:

My mom (and her mom) always made old school cooked fudge for Christmas. I didn’t last year, but I usually make it now for DH and I, and I’m excited to share that with DS this year!
  • EDD/W+D:  4/6, 19 weeks today!

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: Pink!

Baby is the size of a(n): Mango or an heirloom tomato which is weird because they are NOT the same size!

Upcoming Appointments: A/S on Wednesday

How are you feeling? I'm feeling pretty good. I'm pretty hormonal and constipated but besides that, can't really complain.

Raves/Rants: Nope

Questions: Does anyone else have more pungent body odor or is it just me?

GTKY: What is your favorite holiday tradition? Christmas jammies on Christmas Eve to wear to sleep when Santa comes!
  • Loading the player...
  • @Sailing_Mama I'm starting to feel more movement, too, which is super cool! Still not strong kicks or punches, more like random rolling sensations.
  • @literatureandink It could be your increased sense of smell that makes it seem like you smell worse? Although your question made me remember how bad the postpartum BO is... I’m not looking forward to that again!
  • EDD/W+D:  April 6/ 19+1 

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: Blue 

Baby is the size of a(n): Mango 

Upcoming Appointments: Anatomy scan tomorrow!

How are you feeling? Pretty good overall. For the last week or so I’ve been having right sided back pain that starts in the evening. It was really bad tonight felt like I couldn’t walk properly! 

Raves/Rants: Skin... still bad. I think the acne is clearing but right now my skin is just a flaky red mess. Some days I don’t even want to leave the house because of it. 

I’m still not really feeling movement as far as I know. A few times I felt almost my stomach flipping so that could have been it. Otherwise nothing. I’m pretty slim so I’m surprised! 

Questions:

GTKY: What is your favorite holiday tradition? I don’t feel like we have any traditions 😂 Will have to start some with baby. 
  • EDD/W+D:  April 3, 19W4D

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: blue

Baby is the size of a(n): mango

Upcoming Appointments: next Monday is the anatomy scan and midwife appointment on November 27th

How are you feeling? My nose has been stuffed and allergies have been rough. Not sure if it’s pregnancy related or not. I have been feeling little tickles, flutters and pokes every now and then. 

Raves/Rants: It was my birthday this weekend and my husband planned an awesome birthday surprise weekend in Washington DC. He got this amazing suite at one of the swankiest hotels, got me a prenatal massage, and invited friends over to our suite to hang out. We went out to eat later at this fancy restaurant where we had one of our first dates almost 7 years ago! He’s pretty awesome. 

Questions: Anyone else looking forward to seeing what Black Friday or cyber Monday deals will be out there for baby stuff?? 

Going to my parents house and we spend Christmas Eve at my aunts and Christmas morning there. I just like being with family. I enjoy the time we have with my in-laws at our house too the weekend before!
  • EDD/W+D:  April 6/19+1

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: green!

Baby is the size of a(n): mango

Upcoming Appointments: Friday for AS and OB

How are you feeling? Decent! Having some pain from carrying my 3yo so I have to stop that!

Raves/Rants: finally feeling baby move! With this being baby #4 I thought I would feel movement sooner, but must be location of placenta 🤷‍♀️

Questions:

GTKY: What is your favorite holiday tradition? Going to see a big light show with our kids! Also all the Christmas music and dancing :)
  • EDD/W+D: April 7 / 19 weeks today!

Team finding out/pink/blue/green: Finding out next week!

Baby is the size of a(n): Mango (how is a mango larger than an artichoke?!)

Upcoming Appointments: Next Tuesday for our anatomy scan and late December for our next OB appointment

How are you feeling? More emotional these days, but maybe that is just stress! Some sleepless nights too. 

Raves/Rants: We were supposed to have new windows installed yesterday, but they had to reschedule for later in the week due to weather. I totally get it, but it is also really frustrating because I had already arranged to be home yesterday, and now I have to readjust other meetings and appointments scheduled this week. Ugh. 

Questions:

GTKY: What is your favorite holiday tradition? My sister and I always insist my mother read us Twas the Night Before Christmas on Christmas Eve. Even when we aren’t spending Christmas together, we have a video chat to keep this tradition going!
  • jenabaryjenabary member
    edited November 2019
    @babyrummom I’m not usually one for shopping on Black Friday or Cyber Monday, but this year I will definitely be on the lookout for good online deals for baby items!

Also, happy birthday! Your weekend sounds amazing! I’m glad you had such a nice time celebrating.
  • edited November 2019
    @babyrummom I'm definitely looking to see if anything I put on the registry will have black Friday deals...I'm so torn about what to buy myself off the registry and what I should "leave" for potential gift givers.

I mean, I know no one is going to buy me my $1200 stroller so I'll check to see if that is on sale and how it compares to the registry completion discount..

*Edited because my thoughts are faster than my fingers..
  • @literatureandink I feel like I smell worse than usual too! I am hoping it is just my own increase sense of smell! 🙏🏻
  • EDD/W+D: 20 weeks!!

Team pink

Baby is the size of a(n): bowl of cereal? 

Upcoming Appointments: just had anatomy appointment today and it was great! So fun to see that baby is growing well. They verified that the placenta is in front which is why I’m not feeling many of her movements. 

How are you feeling?
    The appointment today definitely helped ease some of the pregnancy downsides! But I sort of passed out and almost threw up during the ultrasound! I guess I haven’t been laying on my back at all and that with the pressure of the wand must have thrown my body a curveball. 

Raves/Rants: just a happy day being at 20 weeks with a healthy baby. 

Questions:

Thanksgiving night we go to a big local park and watch them turn on the holiday lights filling the park, and then the whole town walks through the park. I’ve been going since I was a baby. 
  • @independentgeorge yay for a good scan! Sorry you had the physical problems during it! My Anatomy scan is Monday! I look forward to seeing my little guy!