June 2020 Moms

November symptoms

Re: November symptoms

• Here we go again with the freaking out.  I am so crampy today, like I am going to start my period and it's giving me major anxiety.  
  • JessiBrideJessiBride member
    edited November 2019
  • Loading the player...
  • @kerco925 in sorry. First tri is such a mind game and miserable. Hope your cramps stop and you can relax. 
  • @cricket628 I'm in the same boat! I can't handle the smell of anything. I had to make my husband fix part of dinner tonight because the meat was overwhelming 😭
  • I threw up so much yesterday, and it feels like it's going to continue today - I'm eating as bland as I can.

I'm so depressed and feel like such crap. I have to go to bed at 7:30 every night just to escape the nausea, which means I get like no me time since it's basically right after my other kid goes to bed.

~~Signature Trigger Warning~~

Me: 32; Him: 36
    Married: Oct 20, 2013
    BFP 1: Aug 31, 2015
    EDD 1: May 12, 2016
    DD1 Emma born May 12, 2016
    An Honest Account of New Motherhood (with Postpartum Anxiety, Depression, and OCD)

BFP 2: October 07, 2019
    EDD 2: June 20, 2020

• @kerco925 I was totally there a couple of weeks ago, hang in there. They finally stopped this week and it's been amazing. I could be making this up, but I convinced myself that if the cramps were no worse than normal period cramps then everything is ok. Helped calm the anxiety.

Today's totally a "hungry" day. Devoured a scone on the way to work and am already hungry again.
  • Is greasy hair a pregnancy thing? I’ve been dealing with it for the first time in my life ahaha
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Is greasy hair a pregnancy thing? I’ve been dealing with it for the first time in my life ahaha
    For me it is. Worst in first trimester, and then fourth it hits me again. Usually the greasy gets a bit better around 4 months, but doesn't get all the way back to normal (or to a new normal) until postpartum hair loss is complete. 
    1st born at 35+4 on 6/6/16
    Team green turned BLUE!
    2nd born at 38+6 on 8/30/18 
    Team green turned PINK!
    Due with #3 on 6/6/20 Team Green

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • So I only stopped breastfeeding 7 weeks ago. I had the typical saggy, deflated look. Today I put my bra on and wow. Hello DD cup again. Where did you come from?! A little scared with how big they already are this time around 

Married: 12/19/15         

BFP: 9/4/17             
    EDD: 5/16/18
    DD born 5/10/18
    Postpartum Complications

BFP: 10/1/19
    EDD: 6/12/20
  • @hayhay2501 I have it bad first tri but it usually goes away by the second 
  • TMI but +1 for a f***ing yeast infection.  :s So uncomfortable. Doctor called in a prescription I can start at bedtime tonight. 
  • @saladflambe so sorry momma. That’s so rough. Hang in there. :heart:

@julzy fuck a yeast infection. :angry: I hope the meds work quickly! 

• Yeast infections are a cruel enough experience. Doubly bad in pregnancy.
    Team green turned BLUE!
    Team green turned PINK!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @mommallama17 same. The world is a minefield of gross smells. 
  • The nausea is awful, and I'm only a little over 6 weeks. It started in week 4. Haven't actually thrown up yet, but duuuuude it's unpleasant. I don't remember feeling this nauseous this early with #1. 

• @cclaineDC Me toooooo. My nausea was way less intense with my first. This has caught me by surprise. 7+1 here and all ready counting down to 2nd tri.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Ladies with nausea...get the seaband! It seriously helped me so much! I haven't  taken it off for 2 weeks,  and while I sometimes still feel nauseous,  it's not nearly as bad.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @julzy NOOOOO. The worst thing is usually I just take a pill and it clears it up. The pills not pregnancy safe (at least here) so I’m having to deal with pessary’s. yuck. Hope it clears quickly for you!  
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • My sleep has been worse and worse. Last night I woke up 4 times. Arghhhh. And I know it’ll just get worse! And then newborn lol
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @mommallama17 i feel the same way! I had to go to the grocery store yesterday and i swear EVERYONE had some sort of scent that was making me nauseous! Ugh
  • I haven't had a migraine in probably a year. I had a really bad one last night that had me in bed, in the dark, in tears before 7 pm. I took a couple Tylenol and was able to sleep. Feeling much better this morning! 
  • I'll be 8 weeks in two days, and I'm having crazy pain in my right ribcage! I'm getting over a cold so I attributed it to that, but now I'm not so sure. Anyone else deal with rib pain this early in pregnancy? 😟
  • embass23 said:
    I'll be 8 weeks in two days, and I'm having crazy pain in my right ribcage! I'm getting over a cold so I attributed it to that, but now I'm not so sure. Anyone else deal with rib pain this early in pregnancy? 😟
    That could be gallbladder troubles which frequently are exacerbated by pregnancy. 
    Team green turned BLUE!
    Team green turned PINK!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @hayhay2501 I’ve had awfully greasy hair too. Usually I wash my hair every 2-3 days but I have no choice but to wash it every single day now
  • Everything STINKS. Nothing smells good and I thought it was a stomach bug on weds. Nope just the start of full blown morning-all day- sickness. I have thrown up so much the past few days I am trying to eat as little as possible. 
  • @lizanet I am sorry your so sick. I have a really  hard time with it too. ( Although better on meds.)
     I find the less I eat and drink the worse I feel. If I manage to nibble stuff most of the day, but not eat big amounts it does help. We’re all different but I found if I just keep nibbling it keeps it more manageable. Cold oranges and grapes and salty plain chips help when I am the queasiest. Hope your feeling better soon! Bring on second trimester.
  • @MssyMmmy thank you. Saltyness does help but it seems like no matter how little or often I eat everything comes back up. I am still trying to figure it out. 

2ND TRIMESTER COME ON!!
  • @lizanet oh no!! This was me the first few weeks. I’m at 9+2 and combination of things has helped me get through it (still waiting on the promised placenta to take over in trimester 2 too). 

Seabands actually provide enough rrlief relief to prevent the gag reflex from kicking in so fast. Still nauseous but more manageable. 

Unisom at might+b6 spread throughout the day takes away enough to let me eat. I couldn’t eat anything until I started his at 7+6 and huge difference. 

Cold protein like protein shakes, apple slices with peanut butter, or seeds helps by keeping me full longer but not having to eat icky meat which I still can’t handle. 

Fruit smacks in a pinch. The really tart kind that taste sweet to up the blood sugar fast. 

Its miserable but you will will get through it! I remind myself every day is closer!

DD born 5/10/18
    Postpartum Complications

• I think I’m the odd one out here but I have to eat all the time in order to feel ok. Today I had a granola bar, omelet and toast, two pieces of pizza, carrots and ranch, a cookie and a spoonful of ice cream and I just made taco pizza for dinner. 
  • @chaos-and-coffee Taco pizza. Yes. I could really go for a pizza bar right now. But mostly for the fried chicken to eat the fried part off of only because ugh chicken. And the ice cream. Love a pizza buffet

DD born 5/10/18
    Postpartum Complications

• I thought I was starting to feel better (9+1) and then today my husband decided to slow boil lamb. 🤢 heeeelllllp
  • Sea bands are helping me. I'm not great, but can serve food to my kids without gagging. Going to try sucking on hard candies to see if that helps, but also ordered an aromatherapy necklace. I remember during my last labor I was so nauseous, and sniffing peppermint EO was so incredibly helpful to that. So, necklace arrives tomorrow, and will let you all know if it helps!
    Team green turned BLUE!
    Team green turned PINK!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @chaos-and-coffee this is me too. I have to eat at least every two hours or I feel like crap
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Well I started doing the unisom + b6 combo, and I haven't thrown up since starting it, but I still get really really nauseated in the afternoon & evening especially. This morning is my first scan, so I am not taking unisom this AM (it makes me drowsy, and I have to drive, and I just don't want to take it). Might take it in the afternoon, idk. I'm not sure it's helping honestly.

I am pretty good in the morning. It's the PM that sucks. ugh. Maybe the midwife can give me something idk

An Honest Account of New Motherhood (with Postpartum Anxiety, Depression, and OCD)

• @chaos-and-coffee in the beginning I would have to snack to lessen the nausea but now nothing helps. At least you can eat yummie foods :) 
  • 11 weeks today and the last few days have been the most nauseous I have been.  
  • My urine test from my midwife apptcame back inconclusive so I need to go in today to redo it. Hmmmmm. Hopefully it’s nothing! 

I told H and he said - but we had a scan- you’re definitely pregnant! That’s not what the urine test was testing lol
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @hayhay2501 call me dumb for asking since this is my second pregnancy but what is the urine test checking this early? Confirmation of pregnancy? Base protein levels for future eclampsia monitoring? I’m wracking my brains and can’t remember. 

On todays episode of the only thing I can eat(while continuing to blow away our restaurant budget): Taco Bell. I don’t like Taco Bell. But that was the best taco I ever had and I even finished it. I want more. Alleluia. Now to nap. 

DD born 5/10/18
    Postpartum Complications

• @alli392 usually they are checking for UTIs, but it may be protein levels as well idk but i know they check for UTI