May 2020 Moms
Options

Breaking The News!

I know theres already a thread on this but the lack thereof of response has me wondering! Have you told your family and friends, coworkers? Did/do you have plans to announce it in a special way? Did someone have a funny reaction or not quite get it? 

I flat out told my work after I found out as my job has hazards associated with pregnancy and changes needed to adapt to the situation. They have all been so supportive and check on me regularly to make sure I'm ok. I have told a few of close friends by wearing a shirt that says "you can stop asking now" with little feet on it. I have not told much of anyone yet. I plan to tell family on Christmas, days following-family friends, and  New Years for facebook. My parents will be first time grandparents, this will be a Christmas to remember for them. It has been a struggle NOT telling them but trying to figure out just how I am going to is beyond fun. 

Re: Breaking The News!

• Options
    I’m a nanny to five kids and I wore a skeleton shirt with two baby skeletons on it for Halloween. I found out today they all thought it was a Halloween costume, and they had no idea the babies were real. #majorfail
  • Options
    We're still not announcing. We're waiting until our next appointment to see if we can find out if the pregnancy will stick around long enough to have a baby or not. I will be almost 16 weeks pregnant by then and then we plan on waiting to tell family in person at Christmas so I'll be closer to 20 weeks when we tell all of them. I'm thinking now if we do get to announce we will all wear our matching Christmas PJs with our mama/papa/sister bear shirts and we'll see who figures it out. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @soprano19 Adorable! I love the shirt!
  • Options
    I love that announcement @allywat! It is so cute and funny! :)

• Options
    @thepretzelchick that is too good 😂
    Me: 31 ~ DH: 34 
    FTM
    BFP: 9/5/19 ~ EDD 5/15/20
  • Options
    You guys are so creative! We won’t do any type of social media post until we find out the sex in January. But both our immediate families know, my 2 best friends friend, and my principal. I will probably wait a few more weeks to tell more people at work. But we are slowly sharing with more people. 
  • Options
    I am loving those announcement! So cool. 

I am not going to announce on social media at all, never did with my last pregnancy, it is just not my cup of tea. I told a few close family members, and key people at work, I’ll let it disseminate or have people look at me weird as I get larger and larger.
    ******TW******Siggy warning
    BFP1 04/24/2015 EDD Dec 2015 MMC 10W5d;
    BFP 2 09/25/2015 EDD June 2016 MMC 9wks; 
    BFP 3 03/22/2016 EDD Dec 6th 2016 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    @thepretzelchick lol I love it! I might steal that idea! I don’t usually announce on social media but the may thing is just too good! 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    We didn’t start telling for baby 2 until after my anatomy scan and I might just do that again. When we told mil about baby 1 at 12 weeks she proceeded to drive us nuts hounding us about when she could start telling her closest 100 friends and how it was so hard for her to keep a secret!! Really didn’t help my PAIF brain anxiety. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @babyfoxden10 that cake looks awesome!

@thepretzelchick I thought about doing something with that meme too! Super cute.

@allywat super cute!

@soprano19 It was me!! I am making that shirt to announce with some of my extended family at thanksgiving/deer camp. Yours looks great!

We will be announcing to our immediate family and friends at DDs birthday party next weekend. I have a “I’m a big sister” book that will be the last gift she opens. We plan on doing it at the end so DD can still be the center of attention for most of the party. Although she is turning 3 so I don’t think she cares that much.
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    • BFP: 9/16/15 — MC: 11/8/15 Blighted Ovum
    • BFP: 3/10/16 — Baby Girl born 11/20/16
    TTC#2 April 2019 
    • BFP: 9/12/19 — EDD 5/15/20

• Options
    @brettanomyces my MIL drove us nuts. She only wanted to tell her all her facebook “friends” and her nail tech. Well she was very disappointed when we said nothing on social media. Too bad. It’s your baby and your decision. 
  • Options
    We never did anything on social media for DD and won’t this time, either. We did announce the birth on social media, but no photo, not full name, and no stats like height/weight. We have basically gotten off social media at this point in practice (still have to keep up with folks).

For beyond my parents and siblings, we will tell people at Thanksgiving. Might get a big sis shirt for DD - feel like it’s cheesy, but cute. 

For work, I told a few people last week and I’m debating if I will share more broadly.
  • Options
    @m6agua yes!! Thanks for the inspiration! 😂