1st Trimester
Options

Take a look at my ultrasound picture: Boy or girl??

LeighAnne92LeighAnne92 member
edited November 2019 in 1st Trimester
So, I had my first ultrasound two days ago! I was 11 weeks, 5 days. We got a great look at the baby, who is very healthy and active! As they zoomed in between the little legs, I knew I saw something. When I asked the doctor, she said it was too early to tell if the baby is a boy or a girl. Maybe some of you have had similar-looking ultrasounds and can tell better than I have? I am almost sure it's a BOY!!

Answers

• Options
    The genitalia looks very similar until about 14 weeks. It’s too early to tell. My OB will let you do an ultrasound at 16 weeks to find out or you can pay for the blood test before that. But, the ultrasound tech is right, you can’t tell in an ultrasound this early. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
    Baby number 2 due 4/11/20
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    harpseal135harpseal135 member
    edited November 2019
    Yeah your kid will be so joyful that you blasted crotch shots of him/her on the internet with your complete 1st and last name. 

Why are people so impatient? Seriously be glad you have a kiddo!

Just believe the tech and have some patience- maybe you will find out at your anatomy scan and hopefully you find out all is ok with your kiddo - the least of your worries should be how your kid pees or possibly reproduces in the future! 

QFP: minus the picture for internet safety issues!

So, I had my first ultrasound two days ago! I was 11 weeks, 5 days. We got a great look at the baby, who is very healthy and active! As they zoomed in between the little legs, I knew I saw something. When I asked the doctor, she said it was too early to tell if the baby is a boy or a girl. But, I have a picture, and I want to know what you think it might be! Maybe some of you have had similar-looking ultrasounds and can tell better than I have? I am almost sure it's a BOY!!
    Let me know what you think!! =) 

• Options
    harpseal135harpseal135 member
    edited November 2019
    **Removed for TOU violation**