May 2020 Moms
Options

Moms of Multiples - November

I didn’t see this posted yet 😊

Re: Moms of Multiples - November

• Options
    Is anyone in any multiple specific Facebook groups or anything of the like?
  • Options
    I think I'm still partly in denial :) I looked up a local Moms of Multiples group a few weeks ago but the website seemed to be defunct, and since then I've sort of felt like planning too far ahead would jinx things.

I will be 12 weeks on Thursday though so I should be past the biggest risk period.

How is everyone feeling? I'm still really nauseous all the time and have realized the most critical thing for me is just drinking water all the time. I hate it but I have to.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @allie456 I still can't believe it's real either. I've only told a couple people and I just can't bring myself to make it public knowledge yet. I really should tell my boss... maybe when I hit 13 weeks? I'm 12+4 today, but announcing this week feels too soon. 
  • Options
    @allie456 and @ruby696 we actually announced on Facebook at 12 weeks on Halloween. I really thought that was going to make it feel real, and then we had our prenatal testing ultrasound yesterday and saw them moving all over and sucking their thumbs... still not feeling real. Hopefully by the time I can start feeling them move it will really hit me. 

I haven’t been feeling too bad other than the fact that I’m pretty sure I could sleep for 3 days and still be tired, and I’m struggling with a bit of acid reflux. Getting enough fluids definitely makes a difference. 
  • Options
    I have my NT ultrasound on Friday -- I'm hoping that will help with the "feels real" aspect too. 

Plus I absolutely can't wear anything in my closet right now except waistless dresses and yoga pants, lol.
  • Options
    does anyone else think they might be feeling movement already? part of me thinks it's just my intestines but part of me thinks it's the babies.
  • Options
    @allie456 Yes! I keep telling myself I'm wrong because everything I've read says 18+ weeks and I'm only 13 weeks. But every now and then I get something in the exact right spot, that does not feel like gas.
  • Options
    @ruby696 I keep thinking the same, but it keeps turning out to be gas anyway 🤣

• Options
    @bender29 I'm just assuming it's not movement. I had anterior placentas with both DS and DD, so I've never had real movement before 20 weeks.
  • Options
    I'm feeling a bit bemused this morning. I got the results of my NIPT test, which was the Myriad test. I asked my doctor for the Panorama which @ruby696 had done but they only offered the Myriad. ok.

So the results seem to be really low confidence for twins. They confirmed no evidence of trisomies 13, 18 or 21, which is great! but they couldn't estimate residual risk for twins and they couldn't evaluate any of the sex linked chromosomal disorders or the more rare genetic deletions.

I also have "at least one" boy (!! my older two children are girls so this is uncharted territory for me!) but they couldn't say if it was one boy or two. I'll find out during the anatomy scan.

so while I'm definitely glad to have the reassurance about the more common trisomies I sort of feel like paying for this test wasn't that helpful. 

Did anyone have a similar (or different) experience with the NIPT?
  • Options
    @allie456 Panorama did confirm sex and that my twins were fraternal, but it does not evaluate any of the sex linked chromosomal disorders or the more rare genetic deletions either. I was disappointed, but am telling myself I wouldn't have been able to find that out even with a singleton before we had NIPT, so I'm trying not to think about it. And just crossing my fingers because the risks are low. 

Congrats on your boy! Little boys are the sweetest and they adore their moms. ❤
  • Options
    has anyone else started thinking about sleep yet? my older daughters mostly slept in the master bedroom (either cosleeping or in the bassinet) for the first few months. I don't think that would work as well (or don't know how it would work) for twins. and I'm not sure if I really need 2 cribs? if they share a room will they just wake each other up when they cry?
  • Options
    **lurking**
    We started putting our boys in the same crib but then moved them to separate ones. Eventually we had to put them in different rooms because they would not get on the same sleeping/eating schedule and they kept waking each other up. 
  • Options
    I'm stressing about this. I do not want to buy two bassinets. I'm thinking of a twin pack n play, then they'll move to their own cribs in a shared room. Hopefully that works out, because we don't have another room to separate them. 😬
  • Options
    @bender29 how do you know your boys are identical? we did an FET with 2 embryos so I've been assuming fraternal twins, but I guess I don't really know for sure.
  • Options
    @allie456 Have you have an US yet? Babies are identical if they share a sac (they can also share or have their own placentas). Babies are presumed fraternal if they have two sacs/two placentas and if they're boy/girl. If they have two sacs/two placentas and are the same sex, you need a blood test to determine whether they are identical. If the egg splits on days 2-4 (I believe) they can appear fraternal but actually be identical.
  • Options
    @allie456 I mean the biggest tell is that we did IVF and only put in one embryo.

Ours have their own sacs, but they share a placenta. They are Mono/Di all of this is super new information to me, but the doctors were able to tell me. 
  • Options
    @bender29 lol that would probably do it! Identical twins after transferring one embryo is such a cool surprise. 

@ruby696 my twins are 2 sacs/2 placentas. we won't know the sexes for sure till the anatomy scan on December 23. but circumstantially, fraternal seems like the much more likely scenario.
  • Options
    @allie456 That's what mine are, too. Assuming yours are fraternal, there is a 50% chance they are boy/girl and 25% chance they are g/g or b/b. Good luck on the 23rd!
  • Options
    one thing I'm finding kind of crazy about this pregnancy is my fundal height. I can feel my uterus above my belly button, which I don't think should be the case until like 22 weeks, and I'm not quite 16 weeks at this point. makes me wonder what I'm going to look like in a few months!
  • Options
    @allie456 I'm kind of afraid of how big I'm going to get. I'm really short and I already look 6 mos pregnant - I'm 16 weeks. 
  • Options
    I make the doctors measure me every visit! At 16 weeks I measured the same as a 32 week singleton mom. It’s fun to keep track of how crazy fast the bump is growing! It grew six normal pregnancy weeks in only 2 weeks! 
  • Options
    I'm afraid of how big I'll be getting too! It's scary! I have no idea what to expect. I'm 14 weeks on Tuesday. It's going to be so different than my first pregnancy. I can also say I'm pretty certain I've felt movement as well, I'm going to find out gender next week! I'm having mono/di twins so at least only one baby needs to cooperate lol. Also may be a little early but I found out my daughter at this gestation as well.