June 2020 Moms

Spotting/Bleeding Support Thread (TW)

Re: Spotting/Bleeding Support Thread (TW)

• @youaresoenough @pourmeanothermocktail Last pregnancy I had the same, too. We got an extra U/S out of my anxiety... but this time around, I'm frankly really impressed with anyone who has the energy to have sex in first tri. I'd 1000% rather sleep.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • kyrwyn said:
    @youaresoenough @pourmeanothermocktail Last pregnancy I had the same, too. We got an extra U/S out of my anxiety... but this time around, I'm frankly really impressed with anyone who has the energy to have sex in first tri. I'd 1000% rather sleep.
    My husband keeps suggesting sex now that it's "safe" but I keep reminding him that I'm dizzy and nauseous and exhausted, because of HIM :)
    1st born at 35+4 on 6/6/16
    Team green turned BLUE!
    2nd born at 38+6 on 8/30/18 
    Team green turned PINK!
    Due with #3 on 6/6/20 Team Green

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • @MaximumEffort wow, how very confusing and stressful for you. FX that you get some answers next Tuesday. Keep us posted. ❤️ 
  • SpartanCatSpartanCat member
    edited November 2019
    I wasn't sure which thread to put this in so here it is. Had my intake OB appointment today. Everything was normal except she wanted me to do the early glucose test since my family has a history of diabetes. Then I asked her about spotting. I've had the tiniest amounts about five days out of the last two weeks. Because of the timing and that they're not due to intercourse, the nurse lady snapped to attention and said okay we'll get you scheduled for an ultrasound. I don't have a crystal ball so I don't know what's going on in there but we're going to do an ultrasound. Then she told me not to worry so of course I immediately started crying which I can't stop doing now. We scheduled it for next Monday so they're sure they'll be able to hear a heartbeat. Yay for having a week to worry. Then we went to the lab place to do my blood draws and she asked me what flavor I wanted. I was so confused, I didn't realize blood draws had flavors... I had forgotten to ask the intake lady when they were going to do that glucose test so "surprise!" Then hubster took me to get Qdoba and at this point my stomach is just like WTF stop. So now I'm just upset and headachey and feel gross.
  • So I just went to the bathroom cause I had to pee and when I wiped I saw blood again. 😢 I haven’t bled since I first found out I was pregnant like 3 weeks ago. I’ve had many blood tests in the last few weeks and my HCG number is doubling and I had one very early ultrasound and they couldn’t really see much but could see a good normal gestational sac. The doc said everything looked great and the numbers are good and he’s happy and I shouldn’t stress and everything with baby is good. Now I’m spotting again and I’m scared and trying not to freak out. I guess I should just call my doc in the morning tomorrow and let him know about it. So far I’m not feeling any cramping or pain at all with the spotting so that’s good. 
  • @SpartanCat I'm so sorry, what a stressful appointment!  FX that the week speeds by and your mind is at ease soon.

@mindyb2019 - My first pregnancy I had almost period like bleeding when my period was due my first month PG, and spotting at my typical period time for the next 3 months.

• @SpartanCat I saw this yesterday and meant to reply to you sooner -- sorry!  Don't stress your gestational diabetes test. There's literally nothing you can do to pass if you were meant to fail or fail if you were meant to pass.  If you do come back with GD, they'll probably have you talk to a nutritionist about how to spread out your carbs throughout the day and how to pair them with protein and how to read nutrition labels specific to finding diabetic friendly foods.  They'll teach you how to test your blood sugars at home -- ping me if you get there and I'll give you my tips for making finger sticks less awful -- and you might even keep a food diary, or be told to start exercising after you eat. It's a lot of self-management, but it's doable. Many people handle it with diet and exercise, and some (like me) need meds while they're pregnant. It feels huge and scary and overwhelming in the moment -- and I'll probably have good self-pity blubber-cry when I get my GD diagnosis again -- but if you can get your partner on board with the eating/movement it gets easier. I use a lot of what I learned in my first pregnancy to manage my blood sugars now to proactively take better care of my body. 

FX you don't have to go down this road, but if you do I'm here to chat if you need it! <3 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Ugh.. spotting has started again at work when I went to the bathroom 😩 not a lot but similar to last night. Is spotting through out your pregnancy normal and ok? I know some women have it but still just stresses me out. 
  • @mindyb2019 try not to worry if it's not enough to fill a pad. I would call your Dr to ease your mind. ❤️
  • @mindyb2019 Given my own experiences this past month, I've obsessively scoured the internet for posts about spotting/bleeding during pregnancy. There are TONS of stories of women who have spotted/bled and have ended up with healthy babies. I know it's pretty much impossible not to worry, but know that is it encouraging that the spotting is light and you are not cramping. I agree with the previous poster: there's no harm in calling your doctor to let them know what is going on--that's what they're there for! I'll be keeping you in my thoughts and sending you positive vibes. 

@SpartanCat I'm sorry to hear about your troubles, too. The waiting is SO HARD. I hope the next few days go by quickly for you and that you get some reassuring news on your ultrasound on Monday  <3
  • @mindyb2019 With my first I had a implantation spotting, spotting after sex, and a big bleed right at 10 weeks. He's almost 3.5 now. With my second, I spotted on two days, off one, from 3+4 until 10+4. My days were red, brown, none, red, brown, none, for the most part. And I spotted after sex the whole time and after any vaginal ultrasound. I never did a cervical check, but I'm sure I would have spotted from those too. It wasn't ever a lot, but enough to need to wear a super thin panty liner, otherwise there was a 1.5“ round spot in my underwear. It was more annoying than anything. But, she's 14 months now. Hang in there!
    Team green turned BLUE!
    Team green turned PINK!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Hugs @mindyb2019.  I’ve had bleeding with my daughter and now with this pregnancy.  My OB’s nurse said it was so common that without other symptoms and without it being heavy (>1 pad per hour) they hesitate to rush to start a workup.  It’s never reassuring...I don’t think a single mama would tell you it felt normal at the time.
    me . early 30's | h . mid 30's | < 3 . 2013

ntnp #2 . summer 2018

*siggy warning*

ttc#1 . jul 2015
    mmc . mar 2016 | 6w2d
    dx PCOS (non-IR) / subclinical hypothyroidism . summer 2016
    tx metformin, levothyroxine, LP progesterone, femara + trigger + ti . fall/winter 2016
    BFP! . jan 2017
    DD . oct 2017

• @ladyscientist823 aww thanks for keeping me in your thoughts ❤️ Ya it is hard not to worry but I’m trying really hard not to stress about it. Thank you for sharing your experience about it. yes the spotting is very light on and off and I have zero cramping or pain so that is a good sign. 

@runwmusic no it’s definitely not enough to fill a pad at all. I just wear a really thin panty liner and it’s only spots here and there on it. I did call my doctor and went to see him quickly earlier. It does help me ease my mind a bit but still. They are trying to get me in on an ultrasound again as soon as they can just to check and make sure. 

@pourmeanothermocktail thanks girl. I appreciate your kind words and sharing your experiences with me. It’s good to hear that you had spotting too and your babies turned out fine and healthy. Sorry you had to go through that stress too. The weird thing is is that I’ve had a vaginal ultrasound and no spotting then and I never get spotting after sex either. It’s just random on it own. Ya I agree it’s more annoying then anything cause if I don’t wear a panty liner I get spots on my underwear too. 

• Thinking of all you ladies.  Hang in there, and hope the next appointment is reassuring!
  • @mindyb2019 big hugs ❤️ I’ve been going through it basically this whole pregnancy so far and it’s so unnerving and scary. My RE has said that it’s completely normal and unless it’s heavy and your soaking through pads not to worry. But that’s way easier said than done. I have a small panic attack every time I wipe. But I have had two scans so far and all has been good. I hope they can get you in for a scan for some peace of mind. 

TTC#1 - March 2013

BFP 8/9/13 - EDD 4/14/14 - DS born 4/23/14

TTC#2 November 2015

Dx: Secondary IF June 2016

Medicated IUI cycle#1- Clomid+IUI -1/15/17 -BFN

Break Mid 2017 - Resumed TTC December 2018

"She believed she could so she did..."

Medicated IUI cycle#2- Femara 5mg+IUI 12/22/18 - BFP 1/4/19 - MMC 2/1/19

Saline Sono 3/15/19 - All Clear!

Medicated IUI cycle#3- Femara 7.5mg+IUI 3/28/19-BFN

Medicated IUI cycle#4- Femara 5mg+Gonal F 50iu+IUI 4/27/19- BFP 5/11/19 - MMC 6/12/19 - D&C 6/14/19-

Incomplete M/C Repeat D&C - 7/3/19 -Testing concluded baby was genetically normal  :'(

Dx: Unexplained RPL July 2019 - Tested + as carrier for Usher Syndrome & Familial Mediterranean Fever 

Saline Sono 8/7/19 - Mostly Clear! All systems go for IVF#1 

But will need a repeat Saline Sono between ER and FET

IVF #1 - Antagonist Protocol - 8/17/19

ER#1 8/27/19 - 12R, 6F, 4 biopsied+frozen! (3d5blasts + 1d6blast)- 2 PGS normal embabies!

Saline Sono 9/13/19 - All Clear! Onto FET Prep#1

FET#1 - 4AA -10/4/19 - BFP 10/14/19 - EDD - 6/21/20 -Beta#1-10dp5dt- 379 Beta#2-12dp5dt- 1007 Beta#3-14dp5dt- 2844

DD born 6/15/20  <3

• Thanks for the thoughts and posts ladies. Sorry for not coming back sooner, I needed some time today.

@kyrwyn thanks so much for your support about the GD. My test results came back and from what I googled, it's a little high but not high enough to be diagnosed. Fingers crossed that it stays reasonable.
  • @hanshotfirst77 thank you. Big hugs to you too❤️❤️ So sorry you have been going through the same thing this pregnancy. I agree it is very scary and unnerving. ya not worrying is wayyy easier said then done. I feel ya on the panic attack. I feel the same way every time I wipe too. I hope I can have a scan soon for any kind of peace of mind. 
  • So here’s a bizarre one for all of you to weigh in on: a couple of hours ago I was lifting some boxes that were probably a bit heavier than what I should have been lifting (I am supposed to be on pelvic rest due to an SCH). Shortly thereafter, I went to the bathroom and noticed some weird discharge in the toilet. The consistency was like that of an old blood clot—kind of stringy along the edges, thick in the middle—but the color was a white/pink (as opposed to dark brown). I googled various things for about an hour and finally found a picture of something that looked somewhat similar. It’s a little gross so I’ve hidden it under the “spoiler” tab below. The picture makes it look huge, but really it was pretty small—maybe only an inch long by a quarter of an inch thick? But the website did not give a definitive answer about what the blob was, and the original poster did not return to the forum to explain her final outcome. 

Does anyone have any idea what this might be??? My best guess is that it is some cervical mucus mixed with a bit of blood from my SCH. I have been noticing more cervical mucus this past week, although mostly just on my underwear (no other big blobs of it coming out, as far as I’m aware). I’ve read is normal to experience an increase in CM in pregnancy due to changing hormone levels. I have no cramping and have had no additional discharge since the original incident, so I’m not terribly worried...yet. Still, it would be nice to have a better idea of what is going on! Gosh pregnancy is weird...

• @ladyscientist823 Sounds like mucous plug. I would definitely refrain from heavy lifting if on pelvic rest. 
    Team green turned BLUE!
    Team green turned PINK!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Thanks for the suggestion @pourmeanothermocktail . I will ask my midwife if it could possibly be the mucous plug and, if so, the health implications.

However, your comment about my heavy lifting was unnecessary. I am well aware of the importance of following doctor's orders, and I have made many major adjustments to my daily routine to comply with these instructions. Unfortunately, there are some instances that are unavoidable. My midwife understands this and says it's okay as long as I keep the heavy lifting to a minimum. I included the detail about my lifting to add some context to my situation; I was not looking for an excuse to be lectured or shamed. This may have not been your intention, but your comment comes across as condescending and judgmental. I'd appreciate if you could avoid posting such comments on these discussion boards that are intended to provide members with support and encouragement during uncertain/difficult times.
  • I had a week of on and off spotting.  Started light and faint pink and a few days later went to bright red then to brown.  I got in to see my doctor on Tuesday and had an ultrasound and everything appears normal.  Also the spotting has stopped since. 

I recommend calling your doctor whenever you feel worried.  Googling symptoms either shows it can be bad or normal and even though this is my third baby, I know I’m not an expert but need expert reassurance.  
  • Good morning Ladies... so.. it’s with great great sadness that I announce some bad news *sigh* I have been spotting/bleeding for 4 days now on and off and yesterday I woke up for work and i was bleeding a lot more then the spotting I was having days prior and it was bright red colour. I called my doc that morning while at work about it and he said I should go to the hospital so I asked my boss to leave work and went to the hospital near my house. We got into the ER and they did a blood test, checked my temperature and blood pressure. I got called to do the ultrasound and they did it and they said all they could find is the gestational sac at 7 weeks and nothing really else inside. They told me my HCG hormone level was at 15,000 when a week prior it was at 30,555 so they said if it’s going down a lot like that and your bleeding it isn’t a good sign and that unfortunately I’m having a miscarriage. 😭😭 So I guess this means I’m out! This is my first baby ever and I’m absolutely heartbroken..I have been crying all day and night and going through a lot of different emotions from sadness, confusion, anger, guilt etc. I guess this baby wasn’t meant to be and my body knew that 😢 I never wanted to ever be in this situation but here I am. My heart truly goes out to all you strong women out there who go through all this and multiple times. I wish you all nothing but happy healthy babies. Good luck to you in your pregnancies 😘 Back to TTC I go 😔 Hopefully I get my sticky rainbow baby one day. 

• @mindyb2019 I am so, so sorry. Please know that this is nothing that you've done (or not done), and take care of yourself in this sad and overwhelming time. ❤️🌈 In the next few weeks you'll find that you are truly stronger than you thought. Keeping my fingers crossed that you get your rainbow soon. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @kyrwyn thank you. I sure hope your right that I’ll find myself stronger than I thought. I hope my rainbow baby comes soon too. FX
  • @mindyb2019 I am so so sorry. When you’re ready the TTCAL thread on TTGP is a great place full of support that helped me immensely after my losses. Sending you big hugs❤️

TTC#1 - March 2013

BFP 8/9/13 - EDD 4/14/14 - DS born 4/23/14

TTC#2 November 2015

Dx: Secondary IF June 2016

Medicated IUI cycle#1- Clomid+IUI -1/15/17 -BFN

Break Mid 2017 - Resumed TTC December 2018

"She believed she could so she did..."

Medicated IUI cycle#2- Femara 5mg+IUI 12/22/18 - BFP 1/4/19 - MMC 2/1/19

Saline Sono 3/15/19 - All Clear!

Medicated IUI cycle#3- Femara 7.5mg+IUI 3/28/19-BFN

Medicated IUI cycle#4- Femara 5mg+Gonal F 50iu+IUI 4/27/19- BFP 5/11/19 - MMC 6/12/19 - D&C 6/14/19-

Incomplete M/C Repeat D&C - 7/3/19 -Testing concluded baby was genetically normal  :'(

Dx: Unexplained RPL July 2019 - Tested + as carrier for Usher Syndrome & Familial Mediterranean Fever 

Saline Sono 8/7/19 - Mostly Clear! All systems go for IVF#1 

But will need a repeat Saline Sono between ER and FET

IVF #1 - Antagonist Protocol - 8/17/19

ER#1 8/27/19 - 12R, 6F, 4 biopsied+frozen! (3d5blasts + 1d6blast)- 2 PGS normal embabies!

Saline Sono 9/13/19 - All Clear! Onto FET Prep#1

FET#1 - 4AA -10/4/19 - BFP 10/14/19 - EDD - 6/21/20 -Beta#1-10dp5dt- 379 Beta#2-12dp5dt- 1007 Beta#3-14dp5dt- 2844

DD born 6/15/20  <3

• @mindyb2019 I am so so so sorry. Sending you all the love in the world. I hope you get your rainbow soon!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @mindyb2019 I’m so sorry to hear this...  take care of yourself these next few weeks.  I hope you get your rainbow soon.  
  • Thank you ladies for all your love ❤️ I appreciate it. 
  • @mindyb2019 So sorry to hear! Make sure to be kind to yourself, and take the time and space you need for healing. I hope you have your rainbow baby as soon as you are ready.
    Team green turned BLUE!
    Team green turned PINK!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @mindyb2019 I am just so so sorry.  I hate that you’re having to walk through this nightmare right now.  There’s no right or wrong way to grieve or move forward.  Be gentle to yourself right now and in the coming weeks and months.  I can definitely agree with the recommendation for the TTCAL board when you’re ready, it’s an awful club to be a part of but amazing support ❤️
    me . early 30's | h . mid 30's | < 3 . 2013

ntnp #2 . summer 2018

*siggy warning*

ttc#1 . jul 2015
    mmc . mar 2016 | 6w2d
    dx PCOS (non-IR) / subclinical hypothyroidism . summer 2016
    tx metformin, levothyroxine, LP progesterone, femara + trigger + ti . fall/winter 2016
    BFP! . jan 2017
    DD . oct 2017

• @mindyb2019 I’m so sorry. Be kind to yourself.
  • @mindyb2019 I am so sorry for your loss and that this is your first experience. Wishing you all the best as you grieve and try again. ❤️ Lots of love to you
  • Thank you sooo much for all the love and support from you ladies. ❤️😘 means a lot to me during this sensitive time. Just trying to work through all my feelings. I feel today has been harder then yesterday as I have accepted the loss and it’s now really real and making me cry more. When I’m ready I will definitely be going to the TTCAL thread for help as I will need the support. 
  • I am so very sorry, @mindyb2019.  Take care of yourself and take the time to grieve.  
  • *lurking from April BMB 

@mindyb2019 I’m so sorry you’re going through this... I had a similar experience with my first pregnancy. I miscarried in April and got another BFP in August with my rainbow... there can be a light at the end of the tunnel. Take care of yourself, listen to your body, and know that your body just wasn’t ready yet. Creepy internet stranger hugs ❤️❤️
  • @mindyb2019 I am so sorry. Do let the guilt go. There is nothing you did wrong or could have done differently. It is not your fault. If you have questions as you process and work to heal physically and mentally, please do ask. Don’t just worry alone. It sounds like your doctor is on top of things so that’s good. Take care of yourself & be kind to yourself. ❤️

Me: 34 DH: 38
    Married: June 2011
    TTC since Feb 2016
    BFP#1: 7/7/16 MMC: 8/16/16 
    BFP#2: 5/8/17 - CP
    BFP#3: 6/27/17 EDD: 3/10/18
  • @mindyb2019 I'm so sorry. Sending you lots of love. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @mindyb2019 I’m so very sorry. May your rainbow baby come soon. Hugs