June 2020 Moms

November Randoms

Re: November Randoms

• @hayhay2501 share away!  I'm only maintaining strict control because I'm older and started heavier than I wanted to this time. :)
  • @hayhay2501 Never have shame! I was already 20-30lbs overweight before I got pregnant so I'm mostly trying to be good while I can. Any day now I know it's going to fall apart (or maybe that was yesterday, when I scarfed down a cupcake after gorging myself on pizza...)
  • Loading the player...
  • Okayyyyy here’s my life in food

7am: two oat crackers 
    8am: porridge at my desk at work
    10am: cheddar goldfish crackers and a banana or apple
    11am: fruit and oat bar (sometimes)
    noon: lunch- I’m a disaster at bringing in lunch so I have an app where you buy meals up front and pre book from local places. Today I had a tofu poke bowl. 
    2-3pm ish: snack. Not always healthy 
    6pm- snack when I get home usually babybel cheese. Then potato chips because I want something salty 
    8pm- dinner- tonight linguine with chicken sausage and broccoli 
    830: ice cream bar for dessert 

The last week there’s been a lot of free cake at work so that’s been included as well. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • cake is life
    your menu is fine, @hayhay2501!

I've eaten 3 of those Panera baguette side portions today.
    ~~Signature Trigger Warning~~

Me: 32; Him: 36
    Married: Oct 20, 2013
    BFP 1: Aug 31, 2015
    EDD 1: May 12, 2016
    DD1 Emma born May 12, 2016
    An Honest Account of New Motherhood (with Postpartum Anxiety, Depression, and OCD)

BFP 2: October 07, 2019
    EDD 2: June 20, 2020

• Oh my gosh.... After reading all the talk about curly fries and being nauseous all morning, I finally got hungry on my way home so I stopped at Arby's mostly for curly fries, but figured I'd just get a Beef N Chedder meal so I could get some protein in. I get my bag and get home ... No Curly Fries! Biggest let down!! :-( On the good news front, I did get half the sandwich down. :-)
    Me 29 DH 33
    Married 10/2016
    TTC since 04/2019
    BFP 10/12/2019, estimated 6 weeks
    EDD 06/07/2020
  • Oh my gosh.... After reading all the talk about curly fries and being nauseous all morning, I finally got hungry on my way home so I stopped at Arby's mostly for curly fries, but figured I'd just get a Beef N Chedder meal so I could get some protein in. I get my bag and get home ... No Curly Fries! Biggest let down!! :-( On the good news front, I did get half the sandwich down. :-)
    I. Would. Cry.

• Every drive through should be required to have an easy place to pull up out of the way and check your order before leaving.

Me: 34 DH: 38
    Married: June 2011
    TTC since Feb 2016
    BFP#1: 7/7/16 MMC: 8/16/16 
    BFP#2: 5/8/17 - CP
    BFP#3: 6/27/17 EDD: 3/10/18
  • I may have googled the closest Arbys last night after reading all this.  I think I've had Arbys once in the last 10 year . 
  • I've never had Arby's :grimace: I think I need to remedy that.
  • The best we have close by is Sonic, and they have tater tots, and they were amazing. 🙈
    me . early 30's | h . mid 30's | < 3 . 2013

ntnp #2 . summer 2018

*siggy warning*

ttc#1 . jul 2015
    mmc . mar 2016 | 6w2d
    dx PCOS (non-IR) / subclinical hypothyroidism . summer 2016
    tx metformin, levothyroxine, LP progesterone, femara + trigger + ti . fall/winter 2016
    BFP! . jan 2017
    DD . oct 2017

• The best we have close by is Sonic, and they have tater tots, and they were amazing. 🙈
    Sonic I can totally get behind!
    1st born at 35+4 on 6/6/16
    Team green turned BLUE!
    2nd born at 38+6 on 8/30/18 
    Team green turned PINK!
    Due with #3 on 6/6/20 Team Green

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Love me some Sonic!!
  • Ok here my food schedule:

7:00am Usually a bowl of oatmeal or yogurt and always a strawberry banana smoothie with hemp seeds in it.

10:30am Snack: lots of fruit. Cantaloupe, pineapple and watermelon.

12:15 Lunch time: I usually just have leftovers from our fridge the night before so it’s always different each day. I usually eat a piece of cheese, an apple etc. Today I had a homemade taco salad over lettuce with a bit of cheese, rice and some pico de Gallo 

No snacks in the afternoon as I’m too busy at work 

Then I eat dinner anywhere from 6-7:30pm. Tonight it’s chicken parmigiana with penne pasta and a garden salad.
    I normally don’t eat any snacks before bed so I don’t eat till 7am the next day for breakfast and it repeats all over again lol. 

@virginiaham mmm.. I like Sonic 😁 

• My food schedule is basically:

5:30-6am: 2-3 saltine crackers before getting out of bed

6:30-7am: 2 Bear Paw cookies on the commute to work. A bagel if I’m feeling really wild. 

9am: granola bar or banana

11am: whatever I can manage to get down for lunch (salad, sandwich, sometimes just a protein bar)

2-3pm: usually French fries or something for the commute home because carbs and salt really help

5-6pm: whatever I can manage for dinner.

8-9pm: another small snack before bed

My biggest problem is that the thought of actually making a meal is what makes me feel the worst. If somebody gives it to me I can usually manage at least a few bites, but making it is a huge no no. And in the morning and evening I need to be eating every 2 hours to function.
  • Here's mine:

Sometime 9-10am: Breakfast --> I nearly always have oatmeal with some kind of berries.

Around 1pm: Lunch --> I used to always make a turkey sandwich (there's a general pattern of boring sameness in my food), but now that deli meat is not advised bc of listeria, I'm kind of flailing. I hate the pre-packaged slimy kind and always order mine freshly cut at the deli.

Around 7pm: Dinner --> My hubby is vegetarian, so we usually have a veggie dish. A lot of tofu, lentils, roasted veggies, veggie chilis, and pastas.

This sounds pretty healthy, but between all of this, I snack. A LOT. At best, I eat a ton of fruit. At worst, I eat pieces of any block cheese that's around. I also have to have some form of chocolate every day. At my office, we used to have a bowl of M&Ms and I took entire handfuls. Now that I work more from home, I dip into my stash of baking chocolate and chocolate chips. If motivated enough, I'll buy some baked good from a nearest coffee shop. I <3 baked goods. I'm honestly worried about my forthcoming glucose test. I need to clean up my snacking. :s
  • I don't have schedule. I eat when I'm hungry and I eat what I have or want. Definitely have an aversion to veggies right now. 
  • This is what my toddler got up to at nursery yesterday... lollll
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • it is 7:41AM and I think I'll make some oven fries

An Honest Account of New Motherhood (with Postpartum Anxiety, Depression, and OCD)

• @mariabele maybe roast your own turkey breast at home & make sandwiches with that? I can't wait for post-thanksgiving turkey sandwiches!

• Ugh I'm the weird one who doesn't like turkey. I'm all about the sides. 
    Me 29 DH 33
    Married 10/2016
    TTC since 04/2019
    EDD 06/07/2020
  • y'all, I have had an eggnog latte, a bowl of spaghetti w/ meat sauce, and 2 pieces of banana bread w/ nutella, and my stomach is over here giving me killer hunger pains.... WHY?! It's like 9;30 and I've eaten like 1,000+ calories

• I love turkey....but only if it's fresh roasted turkey (i.e. not deli meat) and hot. If it's cold I'll refuse to eat it. This is the one time in my life where my dislike of deli meats is actually useful!

You guys are inspiring me to be better. Made overnight oats with a bunch of frozen fruit I found in the freezer. Of course, I don't want it now (all I *want* are potatoes), but once I take a couple of bites my stomach will change its mind.
  • I made oven fries last night, measured out a portion in line with my GD guidelines for last pregnancy, and enjoyed every single delicious bite. #potatoesarelife 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • JessiBrideJessiBride member
    edited November 2019
    y'all, I have had an eggnog latte, a bowl of spaghetti w/ meat sauce, and 2 pieces of banana bread w/ nutella, and my stomach is over here giving me killer hunger pains.... WHY?! It's like 9;30 and I've eaten
    like 1,000+ calories
    That sounds glorious.
    I *try* to eat well, but if I'm having a feed the monster day, I do.  I figure the little nugget must be growing something important.
  • I have a big goal to concentrate more on eating healthy after the heartburn and nausea wear off in 2nd trimester (fingers crossed). For now, it’s whatever doesn’t make me want to puke. And lots of water lol also you guys make me hungry for Arby’s a lot. 
  • I'm so tired of feeling like trash  :'(

• I've puked more in the last 24 hours than I did in my entire first tri with DS. :( Seven weeks tomorrow.  :'(
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • So many things discussed that I want to want to eat. 😆 

Eating schedule yesterday: 
    10:30 - 2 regular sized blueberry muffins
    6:00 - partial portion of fried zucchini 

Goodish thing about working from home: Fire department is over at the neighbor’s house again. Idk what her exact medical conditions are but she is older and has serious mobility issues and lives alone. She has to call the FD whenever she falls. Her son seems to stop by about 1x/week to take her garbage to the curb. Anyways, this time she’s headed to the hospital for a bit and was worried about someone taking care of her cat. So I told them we’d make sure there was food & water but I couldn’t do the litter box. I’m glad that my OB appointment is tomorrow so I can ask about it all. Because this isn’t just normal “has a cat”. I went to check on her last winter during a big snowstorm and the second the door opens, a wall of smell hits you. It’s really bad. From what he said, it sounds like it’s not just in the litter box. So I’m glad that she can go to the hospital with the comfort that her cat will be okay but I also hope her son picks it up soon. Sounds like the FD is also going to get in touch with adult protective services. Which is good. It’s sad, but I think a home would be so much better for her. More people, more activities, someone to help her with chores. 

Me: 34 DH: 38
    Married: June 2011
    TTC since Feb 2016
    BFP#1: 7/7/16 MMC: 8/16/16 
    BFP#2: 5/8/17 - CP
    BFP#3: 6/27/17 EDD: 3/10/18
  • At a conference and lunch was deli meat sandwiches. Picked the turkey off as best I could because I had to eat and trying not to google symptoms of listeria. Can a girl get a veggie wrap?! 
  • Also I am feeling ALL THE THINGS at once right now.  Which is unacceptable.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @kiki75 that has to be so hard to watch. But I’m glad you can do something to help! Good luck with the smell 😬

@kyrwyn I’m sorry you’re feeling that poorly! I have also puked more this time around than before.  It’s so disheartening but I’m tying to stay positive! It means there’s a baby in there? I’ve been taking unisom and b6 for the last week and that has helped enough to keep me from getting sick more than once (when DH made fried rice and gah the smell all over the house)

@saladflambe I’m with you. Hopefully that 2nd tri will sweep in soon! I told husband I just wanted to sleep for the next three weeks and he reminded me that I’m already sleeping 10 hours at night and taking an afternoon nap so aren’t I already kind of?

@chaos-and-coffee first of all, I don’t think I’ve ever told you how much I like your name. Second of all, it’s ridiculous. They keep bringing deli sandwiches to a school where no less than four teachers are pregnant. At least we have a microwave. Don’t worry too much-it’s sooo rare and I know several people on here have already said they avoid the rule. Maybe find a vending machine for a snack later?

Married: 12/19/15         

BFP: 9/4/17             
    EDD: 5/16/18
    DD born 5/10/18
    Postpartum Complications

BFP: 10/1/19
    EDD: 6/12/20
  • Why must all foods have an aftertaste.
    me . early 30's | h . mid 30's | < 3 . 2013

ntnp #2 . summer 2018

*siggy warning*

ttc#1 . jul 2015
    mmc . mar 2016 | 6w2d
    dx PCOS (non-IR) / subclinical hypothyroidism . summer 2016
    tx metformin, levothyroxine, LP progesterone, femara + trigger + ti . fall/winter 2016
    BFP! . jan 2017
    DD . oct 2017

• @chaos-and-coffee @alli392 My nutritionist when I had GD last time actually recommended ham or turkey half sandwiches as a good snack option with GD. 🤷‍♀️ It's curious to me how non-uniform these recommendations are within care groups. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @alli392 they put out extra cookies, so needless to say I’ve had a horribly unhealthy day! And thanks! When this baby comes we’ll be 2 under 2, so my life will be chaos and coffee for the foreseeable future. 

@kyrwyn my OB actually said not to be too concerned about it, she said there’s a ton of info out there and not all of it is credible. I know realistically the chances are small, it just makes me annoyed that it was my only option (and I didn’t even want it!).
  • @chaos-and-coffee I so get being massively annoyed. Maybe next time they can get a meatball sub or something totally cooked/warm/safe for you ladies. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Anybody sign up for a registry yet?  This is my first pregnancy that BRU is not around for, but I did do Target and Amazon with my 2nd for completion coupon purposes.   You get some freebies/samples, too, so I will definitely do them again.  I don't need much for this baby, mainly a car seat, but a coupon sure won't hurt!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Anybody sign up for a registry yet?  This is my first pregnancy that BRU is not around for, but I did do Target and Amazon with my 2nd for completion coupon purposes.   You get some freebies/samples, too, so I will definitely do them again.  I don't need much for this baby, mainly a car seat, but a coupon sure won't hurt!
    I'm probably being overly superstitious.  I want to start one so I don't forget all the great suggestions but too worried I'll jinx myself.  I figure that will be my winter project. 
    Me 29 DH 33
    Married 10/2016
    TTC since 04/2019
    EDD 06/07/2020
  • @diagonalley. I might have already finished my Target and Amazon registries.  Also I was looking at Targets black Friday ads and the car seat I want is $100 off, so i will be buying a car seat at 10 wks pregnant.  This mama loves a good deal!!
  • @ReneeJ2011 Ohh I didn't even think of Black Friday deals!  I *might* know the sex by then and since it's my last, I totally want to be able to pick whatever I want color wise vs. trying to stick to gender neutral.  I am not opposed to buying then, either!
    Pregnancy Ticker