February 2020 Moms

UO 11/7

TW
BFP 6/3/19 EDD 2/14/20 BFP 4/15/21 EDD 12/20/21
Diagnosed with PCOS & Hashimoto's

Re: UO 11/7

• @daffodil_shoe I'm so with you on everything going pink. I have beef with Mary Kay because they make such a big deal yet their products are so toxic and ingredients are very questionable! 
    TW
    BFP 6/3/19 EDD 2/14/20 BFP 4/15/21 EDD 12/20/21
    Diagnosed with PCOS & Hashimoto's
  • Loading the player...
  • @daffodil_shoe I totally agree!  Plus Susan G Komen is always on the list of charities that have most of their donations going to executives salaries instead of the actual cause. 
    Me:37 MH:37
    TTGP since 07/2017
    **TW** in spoiler
    DX: PCOS, anovulatory, AMA
    Femara X3: no response
    Clomid X3: BFN (cyst and thin lining)
    IUI (Dec '18) MMC
    IVF (April '19) 9 retrieved, 7 fertilized, 2 normal PGT-A
    FET 06/12/19 - BFP! EDD 02/27/20

• @daffodil_shoe It only really bothers me when things that cause/promote cancer growth have pink ribbons like M&Ms and KFC. Yeah if you guys want to help stop cancer, stop selling people trash and get into the broccoli market!

@mandk1233 Same- Christmas starts Dec 1. It's now the season of low key Fall between major holidays. We need this down time!

UO Knitting with cheap acrylic yarn is the worst and it's as much as I can do to bite my tongue at knit night when I see it. Sorry not sorry I can't pretend to love the project/ color when all I see is cheap, plastic yarn. I think it's better to knit fewer projects of higher quality or to use lace weight and knit long-term projects rather than knit with worsted weight plastic yarn that whips up poor-quality things quickly.
  • @craftywitch I knit with crap yarn in college when we were poor and I was a new knitter who didn't know any better. Now, I will only use acrylic for baby things because they're just going to get thrown up on. However, I have seen the scales tip the other way - my LYS once had some $60/50g skeins of yarn for sale. I don't care how soft the yarn is; I don't need a $120 hat.
  • @craftywitch if I am making a gift or something nice for myself.  I crochet a lot of things for charity and would never be able to afford the yarn if I didn't get the less expensive acrylic.  There is obviously a difference between the better yarn and the cheap stuff but I wish it was cheaper!
    Me:37 MH:37
    TTGP since 07/2017
    **TW** in spoiler
    DX: PCOS, anovulatory, AMA
    Femara X3: no response
    Clomid X3: BFN (cyst and thin lining)
    IUI (Dec '18) MMC
    IVF (April '19) 9 retrieved, 7 fertilized, 2 normal PGT-A
    FET 06/12/19 - BFP! EDD 02/27/20

• @noxacanthus - DD1's great aunt made her some cashmere booties when she was a baby. It might be over the top but they were totally soft and warm! Luckily she couldn't throw up on them hopefully I can find them again for this baby.

I wish I knew how to knit but I can't even figure out how to braid my daughter's hair. 
    Me: 38, DH: 36 
    Married Jan 2008 
    DD Baby Bells born Dec 2016 5 lbs, 12 oz, 18" <3 so in love <3
    Due with #2 Baby Arya EDD February 2020

• @leksiL I taught myself from youtube videos. I never thought of doing nice booties. I made some cardigans for myself and my SIL (also due in Feb), but the yarn was a blend of cotton/super wash wool. Both of those are machine washable and thus practical. But the baby blanket is acrylic. Nice soft Italian acrylic, but technically still plastic, I guess.