Trying to Get Pregnant

WTF Wednesday 11/6

What's got you making this face today?

Re: WTF Wednesday 11/6

• @kpearse99 Yaaasss. My gosh. It doesn't take much to read the TOU and find where you need to post. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Nothing says good morning quiet like two reminders that everyone else is pregnant but you 
  • Not really a wtf about the Peggy's, but why do so many of them do the (TMI sorry) because I have no shame in saying those things. Like we all have discharge and sometimes it's gross, what's the big deal?

At least put it first if you're trying to prepare people for a gross statement, not after.

I went back to the one that didn't delete and now I'm like, that one has an evap line now, not a faint line. Are we not supposed to read the tests beyond 5 minutes even for pictures? 🤣🤣 What is wrong with my eyes this morning
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • @inthewoods23 the only thing I can think of is that it's their way of being somewhat apologetic since they don't know us and we don't know them...AT ALL??
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1: May 2011
    BFP: 10/27/2011 |  EDD: 6/30/12
    DS born 6/28/12 via C/S 3 

TTC #2: September 2018
    Me: 36 | DH: 39
    Mirena removed 9/13/2018 after 6 years
    BFP 11/11/2018 | MC @ 5.5 weeks on Thanksgiving
    July 2019 - Diagnosed with Secondary Unexplained IF
    August 2019 - 2.5 mg of Letrozole = Never Ovulated so Trigger and IUI were cancelled
    9/30/2019 - IUI #1 (5 mg of Letrozole + Trigger) =  BFP but Betas showed CP @ 4 weeks
    10/28/2019 - IUI #2 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Trigger) = BFN
    11/25/2019 - IUI #3 (7.5mg of Letrozole, Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    12/24/2019 - IUI #4 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    1/24/2020 - IUI #5 (50mg of Clomid + Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN and an Ovarian Cyst
    3/2/2020 - Taking a break to reset/NTNP
    11/1/2020 - At peace with where things are in life and are no long actively TTC. Whatever happens will happen and it will all be okay. <3

• @inthewoods23 Complain away! I feel the same thing on the heavy days.
  • Maybe this should go in tomorrow's UO thread, but in that vein @inthewoods23 I am of the belief that one should not post bump pics (on any forum - FB, TB, IG, Snapchat, whatever) unless you're 8+ weeks. I have a very thin frame, and even at 10 weeks I didn't have much of anything that looked like a bump. I just looked like I really loved burritos.
    Me: 37 / DH: 41
    Due with baby #2: Feb 2022

• @ttcbabyodo that was my cousin too. Thin frame and even at 4 months she just looked less thin and not pregnant
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • I have had FIVE scam calls from three different numbers this week telling me that the Social Security Administration needs to talk to me immediately. The recording always says my SS is suspended because of "suspicious or criminal activity". I can trace the phone numbers on the internet, pretty sure the US Social Security isn't located in South Africa. 
    I was getting those for a while a few months back. I blocked each number that called and after about a week or so they stopped calling. The IRS NEVER calls people - they only ever send letters. 

• @ttcbabyodo I definitey blocked the numbers. It's super annoying too because the voicemails are clogging up my mailbox!
  • This is how elderly people get scammed! They call them saying they owe back taxes or some bill, and they need to pay it off in gift cards. I was in Walgreens a week or two ago and a manager stopped a cashier from allowing an elderly customer to buy hundreds of dollars in ebay gift cards. She explained the scam to the customer and hugged her and told her to call the police immediately, and the woman started to cry and told her that she had already given the scammers access to her bank account. I almost started to cry, I went out to the car and had to call MH because it upset me so badly. 
    me: 35 / so: 34 | ttc #1 since 9/2018
    DX: MFI
    IVF Cycle #1 February 2020 4 embryos frozen, 1 fresh transfer = CP 
    FET #1 Natural Cycle March 2020 CXL'd due to Covid-19 :( 
    FET #1 Natural Cycle June 2020 - CP #2
    FET #2 Natural Cycle July 2020 - BFP!!!!!! Beta #1 = 273

June Signature Challenge - Favorite TV Quotes

• @mvt2003 - I don't blame you for getting upset! I would have, too. I can't stand when people less fortunate get taken advantage of like that. I get pissed off enough as it is when my bank account or debit cards get hacked (like this past Thursday, ugh), but at least I knew enough to be able to call my bank and fight it because I knew it wasn't right. Older folks aren't as savvy, and that's what predators prey on.

• @mvt2003 omg that is so sad. I'm a financial advisor so we hear about it all the time. We had an elderly client who was being scammed by a fake Publishers Clearing House lottery who said he won a big jackpot but he had to pay some administration fees. They dragged it on for over 2 years, even sent a limo to his house to pick him up and take him down to the real PCH head office where the "President" met him at the car (because they obviously couldn't go inside the building since they were scammers) and took him to lunch. He paid them tens of thousands of dollars in "taxes" (you don't pay tax on lotto winnings in Canada) and other "admin fees" because they promised him millions. We were concerned when he was taking out huge sums of money every couple of months when he's a senior on a fixed income with no major expenses. He was ashamed and always had an excuse, his roof needed repairs, he needed a new car, dental surgery, etc etc. We estimate he probably gave them $100-200k over 27 months before we put a stop to it. I had to help him change his phone number because I believed the same people came back to him again with a new scam recently and the poor guy was so trusting he fell for it again. The police couldn't do anything because it wasn't traceable. Disgusting. 

My WTF is at myself today. Have you ever been so tired that you've had one of those conversations where someone calls and you say "Hey, how are you?" and they say "good, how are you?" Then I said "I'm ok thanks, how are you doing?"  *facepalm* 

TTC History:

Me: 36  MH: 39, TTC since Dec 2017

Aug '18: PCOS dx

Nov '18: MH SA - 19mil

Dec '18-Mar '19: Letrozole + TI - all BFN

Apr '19: Letrozole + TI, - BFN.  Repeat SA (27mil) & DNA fragmentation test (17%)

Aug '19: Letrozole + HCG trigger + IUI + prog supp - BFN (MH: 16mil)

Sep '19: 2nd IUI, same protocol - BFN (MH: 16mil) 

Dec '19: IVF #1 w/ICSI, PGT. 5 retrieved, 4 fertilized, 3 blasts, 3 PGT-A normal.

Mar '20: FET #1, perfect 5AA blast transferred. BFN.

Sept '20: FET #2, 5BB tsf. 9/18/20 BFP!! EDD: 5/27/21. MMC 11w                                                  

Feb ‘21: FET #3, last 6BB blast transferred. BFP, EDD 11/2/21. MC 5w3d. 

May '21: IVF #2 w/ICSI, PGT. 8R, 7M, 6F, 6 blasts - 3AB, 3AB, 3BB, 4BB, 5BB, 6BA. Fresh tsf 5/13/21 - BFN. 

June '21: PGT-A results = 3 abnormal, 1 low level mosaic. Referred to new REI, had consult with 2nd RE in between. 

Sept '21: RPL, immune testing normal

Oct '21: IVF #3 w/IMSI, PGT. 33R, 26M, 23F, 9 blasts (7 day 6, 2 day 7). PGT-A = 5 normal, 1 mosaic

Dec '21: Positive for endometritis, RX Flagyl & Keflex

Jan '22: FET #5 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol incl. PRP, intralipids, prednisone, medrol, nivestym, fragmin - CP

Feb '22: FET #6 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol w/higher doses of pred & fragmin - BFN

Mar '22: Mock cycle for ERA - cancelled, repeat endometrial biopsy instead. Still positive for endometritis. RX ciprofloxacin & amoxicillin. 

Apr '22: IVF #4 w/IMSI, PGT. 28R, 23M, 16F, 11 blasts. PGT-A = 6 normal. 

June '22: FET #7 - Microdose lupron downreg w/kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol - double embryo transfer. BFN.

July '22: FET #8 - Mini stim w/Puregon + trigger, kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol. BFN. 

Sep '22: Taking a break

Dec '22: Attempted abdominal myomectomy, fibroid too close to cervix and major blood vessels. Wasn't removed. 

Feb '23: FET #9 - Modified natural w/baby asp, HCG trigger, PIO, PRP, Medrol, HCG wash, embryo glue - BFP!! EDD 11/11/23

• @mvt2003 I am baffled that there are people in this world who will take advantage of others like that. So evil. 
  • @kiki047 Oh my god that is horrifying!!!!! I am so sorry for that man, and I hope those people are in jail!!! 

• @kiki047 (formerly whatsbumpinpumpkin) ME TOO. Other female financial advisors are like unicorns. #wedoexist
    My wtf is my frustration with the back office reffering me to the "FA" to confirm something. They assume, after I introduce myself and where and why I am calling,  I am my own admin. Because I am female. I spent a lot of time on the phone to the back office today, it happened more than once. 

• Wait... @the_road_to_oz (Whatsbumpinpumpkin) you changed your name??!! I was getting so confused by the posts 😂😂
    Our TTC Journey

August 2019 - 2.5 mg of Letrozole = Never Ovulated so Trigger and IUI were cancelled
    9/30/2019 - IUI #1 (5 mg of Letrozole + Trigger) =  BFP but Betas showed CP @ 4 weeks
    1/24/2020 - IUI #5 (50mg of Clomid + Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN and an Ovarian Cyst
    11/1/2020 - At peace with where things are in life and are no long actively TTC. Whatever happens will happen and it will all be okay. <3

• Also - how are you ladies dealing with TTC / potential pregnancy in regards to clients? I know my clients ask often if we are planning another. It's such a hard business. My company is 80% male, and we're one of the better in the industry for women. 
    TW previous pregnancy 
    I had another (male)  FA tell me right before I left on Maternity Leave with my son to not worry about coming back because "little pink things like their mothers" - In 2016. Not 1956. 
    Raymond James HR was horrible about handling it too. Which is why I don't work there anymore. So happy where I am now. <3 

• the_road_to_oz  Look, if you're going to 'change' you could at least do it the legit way by getting banned and sending a friend!  Geesh!  Amateurs!  
    Buffy The Vampire Slayer GIF
    P.S.  If I had to re-do my career, I'd LOVE to do financial planning, particularly retirement planning. Although I'm sure I'd get frustrated with that too when a 60 year old walks in and is all like "I wanna retire" and I'm like, "cool... cool... let's go over what you've got so far and see what we can boost over the next few years to get you there" then I find out they've never participated in a pension/401K/retirement plan at all and were relying 100% on social security and don't even have a savings.  Then I'd be like, "So... you wanna retire like, a day before you die?!?"

ziggymama06 ugh... sorry!  It always seems so inescapable with SO many daily triggers that pop up out of the blue!

#BitterHagPartyOf1

Melody Pond GIF
  • @the_road_to_oz  Wow, can't say I'm super surprised by that response, but I'm so sorry you had to deal with that!  I'm glad you are so much happier where you are now.  About 10 years ago when I was still an assistant one of the male FAs asked the tech guy why he was talking with "the help" when we were chatting by the water cooler... That FA didnt' stick around too much longer after that.  Anyways... my response is long so I'll put it in the spoiler

I'm fairly open with my goal of having children (I don't have any yet) with my colleagues and clients if they ask, but I don't mention that I'm actively TTC.  I work in a small RIA where we take the team approach, so I wouldn't be leaving any clients with other FAs while I'm out on leave.  I'm looking to move closer to my office, which the firm knows, and I'm looking for my "forever home", so they know I'm planning on having kids and I openly chat about the school systems.  A male colleague and I were chatting a few months ago about how it's difficult where we live (north NJ) to have a parent stay at home, and asked if I would consider it.  I laughed and said that I didn't work this hard to get my CFP (which I just completed last summer) to stay home.  If a parent is staying home, it's my husband - who is totally on board with that, ha!  Thankfully, my boss now is so not the typical male in finance and truly treats me like an equal.  I'm so happy where I am now too and love hearing that other women in the industry are being treated fairly... I think the tides are changing (at least in some firms)  <3
    Me: 33  DH: 36
    Dating 4/2008
    Married 6/2016
    TTC #1  9/2019
    BFP 12/13/2019!
    EDD 8/27/2020 Baby Girl  <3
  • @capnjackharkness Umm it literally just clicked for me on your the new you... I think I must have been asleep all last week.  And yes was completely shocked when the old you went dark  >:)
    Dating 4/2008
    Married 6/2016
    TTC #1  9/2019
    BFP 12/13/2019!
  • ziggymama06  LOL.  You weren't the only one in shock!  I was like "Da fuq?!? I was tame!" 
    #BitterHagPartyOf1

Melody Pond GIF
  • @mvt2003 why?!?! Are they that dependent on you?
    Our TTC Journey

• @mvt2003 Wow... I mean it's great you are such an integral part of the company, but damnnnn!  A girl needs to be able to leave on her lunch break without the building burning down.  Repeated calling/emailing is not acceptable behavior when I'm sure you weren't gone for longer than 30 minutes.

@capnjackharkness Umm yeah.. 
    Dating 4/2008
    Married 6/2016
    TTC #1  9/2019
    BFP 12/13/2019!
  • @kpearse99 Most people are looking for me for meeting scheduling (I handle 3 calendars), but honestly let a girl run an errand! 

Also yes, people are that dependent on me. I'm going to be telling my boss about IVF this week, and we'll take advantage of the advance notice to discuss how we'll cover my maternity leave. We're going to need to hire and train a temp. 

• @mvt2003 aw man, that sounds sooo familiar. ugh! Hope they don't give you a hard time about it going forward. 
    @ziggymama06 @the_road_to_oz (gonna take me a while to get used to that SN lol, but I love it!) - yess high five to other female FAs!! I'm lucky because my Dad is my boss (I was brought on to support his book, and eventually take over. He took over from his father when he passed, so family business). I'm also lucky because we support each other so other than my Dad losing his mind nothing having someone to do everything for him, the structure won't change on me. Most of our clients have been around long enough to remember my grandfather so they kinda sorta watched me grow up. They're all excited for us to have kids and tease my Dad about retiring when he becomes a grandpa. That part stings because I know how badly he wants that. 

TTC History:

Me: 36  MH: 39, TTC since Dec 2017

Aug '18: PCOS dx

Nov '18: MH SA - 19mil

Dec '18-Mar '19: Letrozole + TI - all BFN

Apr '19: Letrozole + TI, - BFN.  Repeat SA (27mil) & DNA fragmentation test (17%)

Aug '19: Letrozole + HCG trigger + IUI + prog supp - BFN (MH: 16mil)

Sep '19: 2nd IUI, same protocol - BFN (MH: 16mil) 

Dec '19: IVF #1 w/ICSI, PGT. 5 retrieved, 4 fertilized, 3 blasts, 3 PGT-A normal.

Mar '20: FET #1, perfect 5AA blast transferred. BFN.

Sept '20: FET #2, 5BB tsf. 9/18/20 BFP!! EDD: 5/27/21. MMC 11w                                                  

Feb ‘21: FET #3, last 6BB blast transferred. BFP, EDD 11/2/21. MC 5w3d. 

May '21: IVF #2 w/ICSI, PGT. 8R, 7M, 6F, 6 blasts - 3AB, 3AB, 3BB, 4BB, 5BB, 6BA. Fresh tsf 5/13/21 - BFN. 

June '21: PGT-A results = 3 abnormal, 1 low level mosaic. Referred to new REI, had consult with 2nd RE in between. 

Sept '21: RPL, immune testing normal

Oct '21: IVF #3 w/IMSI, PGT. 33R, 26M, 23F, 9 blasts (7 day 6, 2 day 7). PGT-A = 5 normal, 1 mosaic

Dec '21: Positive for endometritis, RX Flagyl & Keflex

Jan '22: FET #5 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol incl. PRP, intralipids, prednisone, medrol, nivestym, fragmin - CP

Feb '22: FET #6 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol w/higher doses of pred & fragmin - BFN

Mar '22: Mock cycle for ERA - cancelled, repeat endometrial biopsy instead. Still positive for endometritis. RX ciprofloxacin & amoxicillin. 

Apr '22: IVF #4 w/IMSI, PGT. 28R, 23M, 16F, 11 blasts. PGT-A = 6 normal. 

June '22: FET #7 - Microdose lupron downreg w/kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol - double embryo transfer. BFN.

July '22: FET #8 - Mini stim w/Puregon + trigger, kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol. BFN. 

Sep '22: Taking a break

Dec '22: Attempted abdominal myomectomy, fibroid too close to cervix and major blood vessels. Wasn't removed. 

Feb '23: FET #9 - Modified natural w/baby asp, HCG trigger, PIO, PRP, Medrol, HCG wash, embryo glue - BFP!! EDD 11/11/23