Group 3 (May 17-24th) week of 11/4

EDD/weeks+days: 

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: 

Baby is the size of a(n):

Upcoming appointments:

How are you feeling? 

Raves/Rants: 

Questions: 

GTKY: What are you currently reading, if anything?  Or what’s a book you suggest to others?

Re: Group 3 (May 17-24th) week of 11/4

• EDD/weeks+days: May 23rd / 11+2

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Green

Baby is the size of a(n):  donut hole.... which sounds so good right now

Upcoming appointments: not until November 27th!

How are you feeling?  The nausea has improved greatly so I’m verryyy happy about that! Sleeping is still difficult and my lower back isn’t doing great. 

Rave: DH and I got SO MUCH cleaning and decorating done at the house this weekend! DH also went out with a spade shovel and hand cut a swale in the backyard and greatly helped the drainage since we need better weather before the landscaper can come work (aka not 5 inches of snow haha)

Rant: DD is a few months over 2 and man is she getting sassier each day. I had to give her a couple lectures in the car this morning and it seemed to work because the remainder of the 40 minute drive was very pleasant. 

Questions: no now

GTKY: What are you currently reading, if anything?  Or what’s a book you suggest to others?
    I selfishly made this the question because I’m on the hunt for a new book! I usually read everything David Baldacci. But a different book that I really enjoyed was Dark Matter by Blake Crouch
  • EDD/weeks+days: May 18/12 weeks today

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Finding out

Baby is the size of a(n): plum

Upcoming appointments: NT scan on Thursday, next OB appointment on Monday

How are you feeling? Surprisingly good yesterday and today. Maybe the 1st trimester grossness is wearing off!

Raves/Rants: Not baby related, but we had a great weekend with marching band. They had a super solid performance at our football game on Friday and an even better one at Saturday's competition, and it reflected in our scores and our placement. Any success feels good because we've only been in existence for two years.

Questions: None

GTKY: What are you currently reading, if anything?  Or what’s a book you suggest to others? I'm currently reading The High Mountains of Portugal by Yann Martel, the author of Life of Pi. It's a little slow, but I like it so far.
  • Loading the player...
  • @mokay19 @soprano19 Yay for feeling better! I'm so looking forward to some 2nd tri relief!

@soprano19 Congratulations on the success of your program! That's great!

EDD/weeks+days: 5/17 / 12+2

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Finding out! 

Baby is the size of a(n): Plum

Upcoming appointments: 1 week away! Hoping to hear the HB on the doppler!

How are you feeling? I'm on the upward trend too. A little more energy and less nausea. Got super hungry during my long stretch of teaching today.

Raves/Rants: Professional Development day tomorrow. Ready for a quiet day!

Questions: Nothing. 

GTKY: What are you currently reading, if anything?  Or what’s a book you suggest to others? I haven't had time to read in forever. It's always school or teaching related stuff. Don't even think I can make a decent suggestion. Sorry!
  • EDD/weeks+days: 11W5D EDD: May 20 

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Finding out! 

Baby is the size of a(n): macaron 

Upcoming appointments: This Friday -  12W scan 

How are you feeling? pretty good! 

I'm reading "Warriors Don't Cry" by Melba Pattillo Beals for school - it's so good! And I'm reading "Educated" by Tara Westover - also really good! 
  • EDD/weeks + days: 5/24 11+1 
    Team finding out/pink/blue/green: finding out
    Baby is the size of a lime.
    Upcoming appointments: 11/12 for US for dating (OB doesn’t trust that his office didn’t do it) and 11/27 for monthly visit. 
    How are you feeling? Pretty crappy
    in all honesty, I thought I had made it through the worst of the nausea but I have been throwing up everyday the past few days and I’m exhausted no matter how much I sleep. 
    GTKY: I’m not reading anything right now but on my list are 12 Patients and rereading The Sookie Stackhouse series.
  • @mamaj1220 11 weeks had my nausea ramp up too. It felt worse than the previous week. I've finally had some relief at 12 weeks. FX that you get some relief soon!
  • EDD May 17 12w1d

team green

Baby is size of a plum

appointments: NT scan tomorrow and midwife appointment next week! 

Feeling better than the the past few weeks but still a bit tired and blah. 

GTKY: gosh, I don’t really have time to read  :D

BabyFruit Ticker
  • louessbeelouessbee member
    edited November 2019
    EDD/weeks+days: 5/24 (11+1)

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Finding out, hopefully at the end of this week if our panorama results come back on time!

Baby is the size of a(n): Limes!

Upcoming appointments: Not until the day before Thanksgiving

How are you feeling? A little better today than I have been, although the fatigue is back.

Raves/Rants: DH is a champ, he's been taking on a lot of the household stuff while I'm exhausted.

Questions: none right now 

GTKY: What are you currently reading, if anything?  Or what’s a book you suggest to others?  I just finished The Dark Dark by Samantha Hunt, and I'm about to start How Should A Person Be by Sheila Heti. The Dark Dark was good but odd, I would not recommend it to anyone else who's PGAIF because if was a bit more triggering than I gleaned from any descriptions or reviews.

(edited for typos from typing with my thumbs)
  • Hi! Jumping back in now that the app works for me again.

EDD/weeks+days: 5.18/12+1

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: finding out at 20 weeks

Baby is the size of a(n): plum

Upcoming appointments: just had NT scan today and it was great!

How are you feeling? So much better! The last 6 weeks I've been useless. Now it's mostly heartburn. But I finally have energy to exercise a bit.

Raves/Rants: I have to do the glucose test at my next appointment. I gained 10 lbs in the first two months and I swear I wasn't eating badly! This month only up 2. I'm hoping to reign things in a bit now that I feel up to exercise and not nauseated all the time.

Questions: anybody feel like they have a good sized blump yet? 

I wish I had anything to offer here :(. I like to read but I'm afraid to start something unless it's highly recommended, because I hate starting books I don't end up liking. 
  • Hello everyone!

I was posting in Group 4 until I recently discovered I am 6 days farther along than expected so my EDD is 5/19/20 instead of 5/25/20 -- yay!

EDD/weeks+days: 
    12w

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green:
    unsure!

Baby is the size of a(n):
    Plum!

Upcoming appointments:
    11/8 is our second prenatal appointment and our NT US is 11/11!

How are you feeling?
    I have chronic migraines and can't take medication so I've had one continuously for four weeks as of today! I've been doing a lot of acupuncture and work has been very accommodating. It seems like the fatigue MAY be wearing out... at least today!

Raves/Rants:
    I hope our testing goes well so we can start comfortably telling friends and coworkers!

Questions:
    Speaking of coworkers, I have a coworker/friend that I'm pretty close with. She has been trying to get pregnant for almost a year and we've chatted about trying to get pregnant. We haven't told anyone but close family yet, but I know I am going to tell coworkers eventually. I want to be mindful of my coworker's feelings since she has understandably had a rough and emotional time struggling to get pregnant. I don't want to make an announcement, I think I want to tell her 1:1 but I don't want it to be such a big deal that it's a downer... if that makes sense. Has anyone else had this experience and how did you handle it?

I am reading What to Expect When You're Expecting! But before that I read Where the Crawdads Sing by Delia Owens which was fantastic!
  • @louessbee my BF is helping so much too but I'm having a really hard time not being able to contribute (maybe I also need to project manage everything!  :D ) But I am very grateful to have someone willing to step up!
  • @lulam13 so I’ve been the friend on the other side (it took 17 months and treatments to conceive DD and 14 months and more treatments to conceive this one with losses before each). The best way to tell her is NOT at work. 
    Send her a text in the evening explaining that you wanted her to know before everyone else and that you wanted to respect her feelings and be as understanding as possible. Do not let her find out through the grapevine and do not tell her in person at work. 
    IF you don’t have her phone number to text at night, pull her aside right before she’s leaving so she has the car ride and nighttime to feel her emotions. 
    Also, do not be offended if she can’t express her happiness for you. Don’t complain about the pregnancy to her and don’t bring randomly it up to her regularly. 

Infertility is more emotionally and physically draining than so many people realize that you should be as gentle as possible until she tells you otherwise. 
  • EDD/weeks+days: May 24th/ 11 + 3

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Team Green!

Baby is the size of a(n): lime. Which is so cute to me.

Upcoming appointments: Next appointment is Nov. 25th.

How are you feeling? Nauseous! But my energy has returned so that is a huge God send. Bloating is going down.

Raves/Rants: So I got the call from my OB today with my NIPT results. I didn't realize how anxious I was waiting for these results until I got them back. Everything came back normal. As soon as I heard that I was overcome with emotion and let out a huge sigh of relief I hadn't known I  had been holding. They asked if we wanted to know the sex and I declined.

Questions: None right now.

GTKY: What are you currently reading, if anything?  Or what’s a book you suggest to others? I love trashy romance novels. and regular corny romance novels. And mysteries. And anything recommended to me that has a good plot. There was a time where I was reading 2 books a week. Oh, those were the days.
  • EDD/weeks+days: 11+3 (May24)

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Green right now... but it's been hitting me hard lately

Baby is the size of a(n): tall as a bobby pin

Upcoming appointments: Next Friday, just regular OB

How are you feeling? meh.

Raves/Rants: My good friend is also pregnant and due with her 1st about a month before me. she just found out she's having a girl. Thank goodness she told me via text because i just bursted into tears (thanks a lot hormones). I'm so happy for her, but I'm so selfishly jealous. I feel guilty, I feel like a bad mom for caring when i have 2 beautiful healthy boys, but i've already convinced myself this is a third boy so i can get used the idea of never having a girl. I know this is probably an UO, and I don't want to offend anyone, but I also can't help the way i feel and it's making me so sad. I think I might have to change my team green to finding out so that I can work through and process all of my emotions before the birth day. 

Questions: Nope

GTKY: What are you currently reading, if anything?  Or what’s a book you suggest to others? I just started The Whisper Network by Chandler Blake. I'm literally only a few pages in and it takes me FOREVER to finish books, so i'll let you know how it is in like 3 months. 
  • @soprano19 I think marching band competitions are so fun to watch! my brother used to do them. One year they got to go to the NY Giants standium to perform. It was awesome. 

@mamaj1220 I'm sorry you're feeling so crappy. I hope it takes a turn for the better soon. 

@lulam13 just like mokay19 said, I would tell her via text or email and not in person if possible. That way she can process it in her own time and when she's ready she'll respond how she wants to rather than her gut reaction (which might be something not uplifting for you). It's such a hard line to  walk. 
  • EDD/weeks+days: 5/22. Almost 12?

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Finding out

Baby is the size of a(n): I do not know

Upcoming appointments: in 30 minutes!

How are you feeling? Still a little nauseous, still tired, but getting better. 

Raves/Rants: My 2.5y DD is having major constipation issues which is really annoying. I am taking her to the ped at 5:30 tonight :/ 

Questions: 

Ahh so many good books out there in the world. I'm trying to read 52 this year, am a few behind though. Also hav a goal to read more books by people of color. I'm finishing A Speck in the Sea right now. It's a quick read about a guy who went overboard on his lobster boat. Some of my favorite books I've read recently or have some out recently are
    Educated by Tara Westover
    Evicted by Matthew Desmond
    Pachinko by Min Jin Lee
    Homegoing by Yaa Gyasi
    Empire Falls by Richard Russo (not a recent read but an all time favorite)
    Columbine by Dave Cullen (this is a not happy book)
    Fall and Rise: Story of 9/11 by Michael Zuckoff (also not a happy book)
    DD #1: April 2017
    DD #2: May 2020
    Baby #3: EDD May 2023; MC October 2022

• @catem07 I hope everything goes great at your appointment!
  • @lulam13 Where the Crawdads Sing is SOOOO GOOD! 
  • EDD/weeks+days: 12w2d

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Team Green

Baby is the size of a(n): the amber cane handle in Jurassic Park

Upcoming appointments: Monday, the 11th I go in for my next normal OB appt. She said she wanted to do another sonogram then too.

How are you feeling? Like absolute garbage. I'm nauseous all the time. This is the longest the nausea has lasted.

Raves/Rants: I love potatoes. They don't fail me. And egg noodles. Basically all I can keep down right now.

Questions: Nope.

GTKY: What are you currently reading, if anything?  Or what’s a book you suggest to others? I'm reading tax assessment textbooks for class. lol
  • I'm trying to engage more with people on here but TB does not make it easy with all the scrolling up to see people you want to tag... 

@mokay19 my friends and I who also have 2 year olds are finding we have less and less ability to control our children. it's a struggle. 

@jrogue12 I'm behind you and I heard a HB today so you hopefully will next week!

@chewie5990 educated was so wild. i can't believe all those kids made it out alive. 

@lisush I have SUCH A HARD TIME stopping a book even if it's bad. 

lulam13 I wouldn't tell her in person, I would tell her over text or email so she doesn't feel like she has to respond to you immediately with congratulations or anything like that. 

@mamaqdubu I think sex disappointment is totally valid. 

My appointment went well. Heard a heartbeat--162 or so. Got my blood drawn for my NIPT. Next appt is early December. 
    DD #1: April 2017
    DD #2: May 2020
    Baby #3: EDD May 2023; MC October 2022

• @catem07 I agree it's not easy to use after you're trying to catch up!!