June 2020 Moms

Group 1 due 6/1-6/6 weekly check in 11/4

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: 

Baby is the size of a(n):

Upcoming appointments:

How are you feeling? 

Raves/Rants: 

Questions: 

GTKY: How did you meet your SO? How long have you been together? 

Re: Group 1 due 6/1-6/6 weekly check in 11/4

• Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: finding out 

Baby is the size of a(n): strawberry 

Upcoming appointments: Friday and the wait is killing me 

How are you feeling? Good just tired. Too good that it makes me nervous. 

Raves/Rants: too tired but I hate time changes 

Questions: nope

GTKY: How did you meet your SO? How long have you been together? I bought the house next door to his childhood friend. I kept complaining about awful first dates and they introduced us. We've been married two years and together for 4 (I think... It might be 5 🤫) 
  • 9+1 today!

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: 
    Green, for third time! It was so fun not knowing the first two times.

Baby is the size of a(n): ??? "insert something clever from some app here"

Upcoming appointments: First appointment set for 11/18, assuming I can get childcare...

How are you feeling? So tired of feeling like crap!!!! Gassy, greasy, heartburn, too much peeing, and my SPD is officially here.

Raves/Rants: Raves-the nausea seems to be at least less severe. Rants-I am really not looking forward to being severely physically impaired as pregnancy goes on. SPD is really painful and limiting, especially as you have more kids, 0/10 do not recommend.

Questions: Vaguely wondering if anyone else is interested in an "unplanned babies" thread.

GTKY: How did you meet your SO? How long have you been together? Met in college marching band, we play the same instrument. Were friends for years, lost touch after I left college, but reconnected at an alumni marching band event after he graduated, and started eating shortly thereafter. Dating for 8.5 years, married for 4. 
    1st born at 35+4 on 6/6/16
    Team green turned BLUE!
    2nd born at 38+6 on 8/30/18 
    Team green turned PINK!
    Due with #3 on 6/6/20 Team Green

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Due 6/3 - 10 weeks tomorrow :) Double digits and 1/4 there already! CRAZY!

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Team finding out...sooooo soon hopefully!

Baby is the size of a(n): Strawberry - that seems large all of a sudden.

Upcoming appointments: November 21 - 12 week appointment.  I WAS able to switch to a different provider.  My favorite is no longer at the practice, though, so I was bummed about that.

How are you feeling? Better with the sea band but ultimately ready to be done with first trimester...3 weeks!

Raves/Rants: Nothing at the moment

Questions: 

GTKY: How did you meet your SO? How long have you been together? We met at a college party and have been together essentially ever since with a couple months of a break after being together for 2 years...so grand total it's been 16 years!  17 by the time baby is here :)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @pourmeanothermocktail
    Sure, add me to the unplanned thread!  Seems to be a lot of us here...
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Finding out

Baby is the size of a(n): strawberry. It is getting so big! During my ultrasound yesterday got to see the feet kicking about!

Upcoming appointments: I had one yesterday where they did all of the tests. Find out results in about week. Next official ultrasound in 2 weeks.

How are you feeling? Generally really good. Big food aversion still but other than that....and of course I feel exhausted half way through the day, but after exercise all is well.

Raves/Rants: I love the people in my life. My MIL knitted some toys. My best friend has been passing on some of her stuff now that her youngest is a year. I told the headmaster of the school yesterday and he was so excited for me and offered to cover my classes whenever.

Questions: none at this time. 

GTKY: How did you meet your SO? How long have you been together? We met the first day of faculty orientation at our previous boarding school. We were both just getting out of 3 yr messy relationships, but it just kind if worked. We have been together for 6 years, married for 3.
  • Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Finding out

Baby is the size of a(n): soda can tab

Upcoming appointments: In 3 weeks, no official date yet

How are you feeling? Still very tired, but had a burst of energy Sunday and actually got some things done around the house.

Raves/Rants: Rave: It's finally starting to (sort of) cool down in Central Florida. Hopefully no more 90+ degree weather until spring.
    Rant: I've felt so spacey lately! I had a paper due a couple weeks ago (working on my master's degree) and accidentally turned in the half-finished rough draft instead of the completed one. It was horribly embarrassing, but luckily my professor is a mom and understands pregnancy brain.

Questions: 

GTKY: How did you meet your SO? How long have you been together? We met working at a summer camp for teens while I was in college. We've been married 6 1/2 years, together about a year longer than that.
  • virginiahamvirginiaham member
    edited November 2019
    @diagonalley ahhh you inspired me to drop my OB and go with another provider that a few friends highly recommended.  So glad you switched, hopefully it’ll be a good fit.

due 6/4, 9+6 today

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green:  Def finding out.  We are convinced it’s another girl.  There was a time when that’s not what the family we envisioned looked like, but we will be thrilled with either.

Baby is the size of a(n):  strawberry?

Upcoming appointments:  Midwife appointment in 2 weeks.  Delivering at a birth center again isn’t an option here so I’m excited to have found a midwife with hospital privileges.

How are you feeling?  Exhausted.  I put my daughter in daycare today so I could come home and sleep.  Nausea is getting a little less frequent but more intense when it does show up.

Raves/Rants:  Iced coffee is somehow slipping through the cracks of my extreme coffee aversion (normally I LIVE on coffee), so there’s that.

Questions: 

GTKY: How did you meet your SO? How long have you been together?  We met on a military base overseas, started dating long-distance a few months later then got married a few months after that.  That was 6 years ago.
    me . early 30's | h . mid 30's | < 3 . 2013

ntnp #2 . summer 2018

*siggy warning*

ttc#1 . jul 2015
    mmc . mar 2016 | 6w2d
    dx PCOS (non-IR) / subclinical hypothyroidism . summer 2016
    tx metformin, levothyroxine, LP progesterone, femara + trigger + ti . fall/winter 2016
    BFP! . jan 2017
    DD . oct 2017

• Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Green

Baby is the size of a(n): cherry

Upcoming appointments: 11/15

How are you feeling? Good days and bad. Less and less nausea/vomiting. Hoping that’s a good sign! 

Raves/Rants: I can tolerate coffee again so my cup a day is a lifesaver. No more afternoon naps everyday 😬 and I’m finally catching up around the house/homeschool.

Questions: Anyone else find the bump app annoying? I find myself getting impatient and not bothering to get on at all. I enjoy the community but the app is not user friendly IMO. Do you guys use the app or get on a computer?

GTKY: How did you meet your SO? How long have you been together? 
    We met in college, working at an after school program. We became best friends and then were officially together about a year and a half later. 10 years together this year, married for 8 years in December.
  • @lyndshurt not just you!  The app is infuriating.  Mine works better on 1 bar of reception than on WiFi and is either sooo slow or works immediately and then freezes constantly.  Is this not everyone’s experience?  If not, please spill your secrets.

ntnp #2 . summer 2018

*siggy warning*

ttc#1 . jul 2015
    mmc . mar 2016 | 6w2d
    tx metformin, levothyroxine, LP progesterone, femara + trigger + ti . fall/winter 2016
    BFP! . jan 2017
    DD . oct 2017

• @lyndshurt I just log in to the website from Chrome on my phone. The app is borderline useless and very irritating.
    Team green turned BLUE!
    Team green turned PINK!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @virginiaham glad it’s not just me!

@pourmeanothermocktail great idea, trying that!
  • I also just go to forums.thebump.com using the web browser on my phone. I tried the app for about five minutes, it’s terrible because it just goes out and grabs content from the website which takes forever. Might as well go straight to the source. 

Also @virginiaham, we’re due date twins! 
  • Me in my antiquated app ways made the switch lol.

@FigTreeMama cheers due date twins! 

ntnp #2 . summer 2018

*siggy warning*

ttc#1 . jul 2015
    mmc . mar 2016 | 6w2d
    BFP! . jan 2017
    DD . oct 2017

• @virginiaham @FigTreeMama DD triplets! I'm 6/4 as well. :) 
  • A little late to this week's board because I've been feeling blah for the past few days.

Team: Finding Out

Baby is the size of a: My husband said he read "guitar pick" somewhere--ha!

Upcoming appointments: NT scan and first OB workup next week 11/12. If everything looks good at those appointments, I won't have another appointment for quite a while!

How are you feeling? Was feeling super BLAH these past few days. I had a long day on my feet on Sunday, and I've found that it takes me at least a couple of days to bounce back from those. I took a 1/2 day off from work yesterday and just rested, and I think it helped. I'm slowly regaining my appetite for vegetables, which is great.

Rants: I've been on pelvic rest for this stupid hematoma since about Week 6 (I'm 10+1 now), which means no exercise and no sex. The lack of both is starting to drive me crazy...

Rave: I just found out that a good friend of mine is also expecting! She's about 2 1/2 weeks ahead of me. We're both so excited for each other!

Questions: None

GTKY: How did you meet your SO? How long have you been together? We met on a night out on the town. We kept ending up at the same places...eventually he came up to me and made a joke that I was stalking him. Three weeks later we went on our first official date--it was the best first date I ever had! That was 5 1/2 years ago :) Been married for a little over 2 years  <3 
  • @virginiaham cold brew is the only caffeine I can stomach and it is amazing!

@lyndshurt the app does suck. Hopefully further down the road once we aren't strangers we can move to fb.

@ladyscientist823 the fact you miss sex and / or working out blows my mind. I have zero desire for either. I just want to sleep and be left alone. 
  • Due 6/1 (so I may end up being a may mom) 10+4 today! Really hard to believe it’s been 6 weeks since finding out!

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Finding out ASAP

Baby is the size of a(n): tart Kumquat

Upcoming appointments: phone appointment Monday to schedule a bunch of follow ups and testing 

How are you feeling? Super tired but the nausea and food aversions is starting to subside THANK GOD! I could pretty much only eat cheese pizza for three weeks and I’m pretty sure I gained half of the weight I’m suppose to gain for the entire pregnancy. I’m going to try for a spinach salad today and I’m so excited! But the insomnia picked up this week and no matter how much I drink my lips are always dry!

Raves/Rants: really just wish I had energy to do anything... I feel soooo lazy

Questions: none really 

GTKY: How did you meet your SO? How long have you been together.   We met in highschool when we were 15 but didn’t start dating until we were in college and ran into each other at a New Years party when we were home for holidays. We’ve been together for almost 12 years and married for 2.
  • Using the Bump in my browser now and it’s so much better!!!! How the app has 5 stars is beyond me. 
  • Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: finding out

Baby is the size of a(n): guitar pick

Upcoming appointments: Had an emergency appt Tuesday due to spotting, have my regular appt scheduled two weeks from now. Bonus- I got to see the little peanut wiggling during the ultrasound.  That was cute.

How are you feeling? Nauseous and constipated.  If I don’t eat, I’ll get sick and if I eat too much I’m bloated and backed up.

Raves/Rants: see above, that’s my main rant.

Questions: no

GTKY: How did you meet your SO? How long have you been together?  I met my SO at a company Christmas party, we were from different branches in different states.  We’ve been together 15 years and married 10 of them.
  • FigTreeMamaFigTreeMama member
    edited November 2019
    Oops, I think I forgot to answer the questions this week. 

EDD/Weeks + Days: 6/4, 10 weeks & change!
    Baby is the size of a: Strawberry

Team: Finding Out/Pink (it seems weird that we're going to answer this question every week. I guess we change it once we know what we're having?) 

Upcoming appointments: No OB appointments again until first week of December, but on Monday I'm going for all of my bloodwork including the NIPT. 
    How are you feeling? Not bad. Easily tired and out of breath, and my tummy has iffy moments. 

Raves/Rants: I am that person that went into Starbucks yesterday because I was excited that they were giving out free reusable holiday cups and I wanted one. I asked in advance whether they still had the cups and whether I could qualify for one for the drink I was ordering (since I was ordering a modified version without coffee), was assured yes... and 20 minutes later when my order finally came up it was not in the reusable holiday cup! RUDE. Honestly, I was ready to hulk out! But when I tactfully questioned it, they gave me my cup and moved on. So that's something. I've been sipping water at my desk in my cheerful cup since then and it makes me happy. 

Questions: How long can you really keep a second pregnancy a secret? My belly is already sticking out as far as my boobs, I feel like I look VERY pregnant already. I am hoping to keep it under wraps at work until the end of first tri but this is getting ridiculous. 

GTKY: How did you meet your SO? How long have you been together? We met through Match.com - we dated for a year, were engaged for another 6 months, and have been married for just over three years now. 
  • @FigTreeMama I have size H boobs. My belly is already even with them, and I had worked out hard, just done a half marathon and had my stomach flat....baby 3 here.
    Team green turned BLUE!
    Team green turned PINK!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • NikkiSingsNikkiSings member
    edited November 2019
    Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Green - and I think I've won my husband over!! :D

Baby is the size of a(n): Brussels sprout

Upcoming appointments: TBD intake at birth center, hopefully 11/18

How are you feeling? Pretty darn good! My boobs hurt when I change position 😂, and I've been having crampy type stuff that I'm not crazy about. Maybe beginnings of round ligament pain, too. 

Raves/Rants: I started back on a cup-ish of coffee daily again, and I'll be damned, it works! ;) 

Questions: None at the moment, but FTM here, so they'll come. :)

GTKY: How did you meet your SO? How long have you been together? We met at a theatre camp for h.s. students 20 years ago next August, when we were 17. Married for 12 years. It's a funny story, but I'm on my phone, so maybe I'll share later. :)

Sorry I've been semi MIA! I think I should start using the website instead app to post, not a fan of typing on my phone and my wrists have started getting a little achey. Hope everyone has a great Sunday.