@shamrocandroll Since you’re having a Monday sort of week. 🤪

EDD/weeks+days: 

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: 

Baby is the size of a(n):

Upcoming appointments:

How are you feeling? 

Raves/Rants: 

Questions: 

GTKY:  (stolen from Group 3&4) What are you currently reading, if anything?  Or what’s a book you suggest to others?

Re: Group 1 (May 1-8) Check In 11/4

• EDD/weeks+days: May 5 / 14 Weeks 

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Finding out next weekend. 🤞🏻

Baby is the size of a(n): Navel Orange 

Upcoming appointments: Nov 22. 

How are you feeling? Nauseous if I don’t eat,
    but nothing other than chicken nuggets appeals to me. It’s frustrating and driving me a bit crazy. Also still super tired. My OB said
    some people don’t feel “better” until week 18-20. 

Raves/Rants: The holidays are coming up and as usual family expects us to be at 3-4 different houses in a day. We’ve done this before and we don’t get to enjoy the day or even eat because we’re so busy going. We’ve invited people to come to our house this year, but of course everyone wants to do their thing at their house. So it will just be MH, the kids and I this year.

Questions: 

GTKY:  (stolen from Group 3&4) What are you currently reading, if anything?  Or what’s a book you suggest to others? Just finished Broken Knight by LJ Shen. It’s a tear jerker so be forewarned. Thinking about reading through my Hemingway collection again (English teacher and super nerd alert. 😂). 
  • @rox7777 with DD2 I started feeling better around 15 weeks so hopefully it’s right around the corner for you! We also do the holidays at home and whoever wants to come is free to join us. 

EDD/weeks+days: 5/2 14+3

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Blue!!!

Baby is the size of a(n): bicycle bell

Upcoming appointments: not for another week.

How are you feeling? My cold is finally passing so feeling good!

Raves/Rants: why do people always stare at your belly when they know you’re pregnant. It’s so uncomfortable!

Questions: 

GTKY:  (stolen from Group 3&4) What are you currently reading, if anything?  Or what’s a book you suggest to others? Does reading the bump count? Between 2 DDs and working full time there isn’t much time for reading these days... how do you fit it in?!?

DD1 born 1/15/14
    DD2 born 9/10/17
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • @rox7777 THANK YOU for posting this!  OMG yesterday was insane, haha!  And that's awesome you get to just be home with the fam this year.  I totally used having a kid as an excuse to not go anywhere for Christmas.anymore.  :)

@spiderlover25 Hooray for feeling better!  I'm with you on team no-time-to-read.  I miss it!

EDD/weeks+days: May 7 / 13+5

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Blue!

Baby is the size of a(n):Lemon

Upcoming appointments: Nothing until AS on Dec 12.  It's going to feel like a long month!

How are you feeling?  I was feeling good again, but over the weekend I threw up twice!  WTF?  

Raves/Rants: Yesterday was insane.  MH put his phone on the roof of my car on Saturday when we took DS trick-or-treating in town for a little bit, and we think I drove off with it still up there.  We went back to find it and nothing.  We tried the locate feature, but it was showing nothing after 4pm, so we thought it had been crushed for sure.  Yesterday I logged into my account to put in an insurance claim on it, and discovered someone had taken the SIM card out of his phone and put it into a new device that was now registered to my account.  Ugh.  Also we apparently didn't have insurance on it.  It was an older model phone and we probably would have replaced it anyway in the next ~6 months, but still sucks.  I also totally forgot it was my first appointment with my new therapist, so had to scramble to make that work mid-day yesterday.  The appointment was good, but I'm not sure I'll go see her again.  I feel like all she did was tell me it's okay if I get to a point where I feel like I need to go on medication for my anxiety.  Otherwise she just told me every pregnancy and delivery is different and to try not to think too much about my traumatic past experiences.  She also gave me coping tips for panic attacks, which was good, but nothing earth shattering.  I said I'd check back with her in a few weeks now that I'm out of 1st tri and feeling good, but I didn't schedule anything on my way out.  

Questions: 

GTKY:  (stolen from Group 3&4) What are you currently reading, if anything?  Or what’s a book you suggest to others?  What's reading?  Haha, between working full time, moming, and trying to occasionally squeeze in a parenting book, I don't get much time for recreational reading.  When I finally get down time, I just want to zone out to some Netflix and then go to sleep.  But I do miss it.  My favorite book is called The Shadow of the Wind.  It's a historical fiction.  It's part of the Cemetary of Forgotten Books series, and the other ones are good too, but that one was the best.  

**TW**
    Me: 35 | H: 40
    Married Sept. 2013
    DS1: Nov 11, 2016 <3
    MMC: 11/16/18 (9w6d)
    CP: 2/3/19 (5w3d)
    BFP!  8/24/19
    DS2: May 10, 2020 <3

• @spiderlover25 This is the first pregnancy I’ve experienced any kind of sickness, but my mom was sick with us throughout her entire pregnancies (3 girls), so I’m not holding out hope yet. BUT maybe it’s coming.

@shamrocandroll My OB recommended I go back to a therapist since I have a history of anxiety and PPD but she pretty much said the same thing. “I think it sounds okay for now, come back in a few weeks and we’ll see where you’re at.” I wasn’t super impressed. I’ve had GAD since I was a teen, but have managed it fine without medication in between babies. However newborns and pregnancy tends to send me spiraling (hello hormones) and I feel like she kind of blew me off since I seemed okay right this second. I just don’t want to get to post baby and end on a whole slew of medications to “manage” it. 
  • @rox7777 She did tell me that trending is important, and to have someone close to me who understands my anxiety and can flag me if they see it trending up.  Unfortunately for me, my husband is kind of oblivious and unobservant and doesn't necessarily notice until I'm curled up in a ball crying over something relatively minor.  But I did have a good talk with him about it last night and he's going to try to be better about asking me about my days and watching my signals.  We'll see, I guess.  If I had asked for medication she would have given it to me on the spot, I think.  But I don't think I'm there yet.  I'm more worried about the time leading up to delivery because of how traumatic DS's delivery was to me.  
    **TW**
    Me: 35 | H: 40
    Married Sept. 2013
    DS1: Nov 11, 2016 <3
    MMC: 11/16/18 (9w6d)
    CP: 2/3/19 (5w3d)
    BFP!  8/24/19
    DS2: May 10, 2020 <3

• @shamrocandroll MH is aware if my behaviors and signs, but he can be a bit rude about it at times. Instead of trying to be gentle, he will forcibly drag me out to be in public. Sometimes I appreciate being forced to shower and get out, but during pregnancy especially I get emotional and freak out easily. I’m not too worried yet, I’m managing well considering, but I know the last few weeks are hard for me. I’m also HR and the end always gets crazy for us and I stress a lot.

For now I’m kind of watching myself (I have years of cognitive behavioral therapy behind me) and I’ll just push harder if it gets bad. But I also don’t like to be brushed off because I seem under control. I’ve had over a decade to condition myself to appear fine.
  • EDD: May 1st (14.5 weeks)

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Finding out via ultrasound (hopefully) November 29th!  Can't come soon enough.

Baby is the size of: anything 4 inches long!

Upcoming appointments: just had my second appt today.  I'm disappointed we didn't do an ultrasound, as I was really hoping to see him/her again! But I got to hear the heartbeat and everything seems to be going well.

How are you feeling? Better than, say, week 10!  I'm still repulsed by water, though.  I hope the one goes away soon.

Raves/Rants: My husband made me this hot chocolate/instant coffee beverage that I absolutely LOVE.  I used to drink tea every morning but it grosses me out now.  I had the fancy new concoction the last two days and it's so nice to have a warm caffeine kick in the morning again!

GTKY:  I've mostly been reading national geographic magazines.  Last one was all about women.  Shout out to all of y'all!
  • EDD/weeks+days: 14 weeks 5 days

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Pink! Just found out, but 🤫 shh our family doesn’t know yet!

Baby is the size of a(n): orange 

Upcoming appointments: Nov. 21 for my 16 week 

How are you feeling? Cosi cosi. Sometimes I feel energized, and sometimes I have heartburn and just want to lay down. Still an improvement from the first trimester though!

Raves/Rants: I’m doing a “gender reveal” party against my wishes. My in-laws needed one 🙄. Anyway they are giving us such a hard time about getting here this weekend. We wanted the party at 3 they said they won’t make it here by then. Meanwhile, my sister lives out of state 5 hours away and will be here on time so go figure. My grandma likes to go to 5’o clock mass, so now she can’t come at all since we had to move the party to 5pm. My in-laws are out of state, but only 1.5-2 hours away so I’m not sure why 3pm is too challenging for them.  
    On another note my MIL didn’t contact me once during my first trimester to see how I was feeling. She legit just wants to brag to her friends about having a grandchild. I guess I’m just the carrier. 

Questions: I keep feeling a pulling  near my stomach and “bubbles” like gas but different. Any idea what it is exactly?

GTKY:  (stolen from Group 3&4) What are you currently reading, if anything?  Or what’s a book you suggest to others? I love to read! I read so much over the summer. Unfortunately, once the school year starts I have no time for that. If I remember some titles I’ll post! 
  • EDD/weeks+days: May 5th, 14+1

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: Green

Baby is the size of a(n): Pear

Upcoming appointments: AS on December 10th

How are you feeling? I have a cold so idk! But I'm super gaggy and triggered by smells lately. I'm having the worst time sleeping and have been waking up multiple times and it sucks so bad. 

Raves/Rants: I've started to feel babe moving! So exciting. I was worried because I have an anterior placenta but the placenta must be high and baby must be low because they seem to be loving it down there!

Questions: 

GTKY:  (stolen from Group 3&4) What are you currently reading, if anything?  Or what’s a book you suggest to others Just finished up listening to The Silent Patient by Alex Michaelides. I enjoyed it! Kind of horror but not too bad. I don't have too much time to read... I guess I should start reading before bed since it makes me sleepy
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • @babyfoxden10 is the pulling happening when you change positions quickly? I've been feeling it too
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • @rox7777 I’m with you in the still feeling sick department. I still can’t eat meat and randomly gag. The exhaustion is better though I’m still waiting on second tri energy. 

@shamrocandroll i’m sorry about the phone! What a headache. At least you might get a new phone out of it right?! Glad you were able to see a therapist. Hopefully you find someone you click with!

@babyfoxden10 ugh, sorry about the in laws. I hope they’re helping to plan and organize since they are the ones who demanded it!

@laurasauruss I read the silent patient a couple of months ago! I loved it. I’m usually good at guessing twists but I did not see that one.

EDD/weeks+days: May 7  

Team Finding Out/Pink/Blue/Green: finding out in December 

Baby is the size of a(n): no idea 

Upcoming appointments: 11/20

How are you feeling? Still having major food aversions but I am not throwing up and I’m not as exhausted. Baby steps!

Raves/Rants: Managed to get almost all of my Christmas shopping done. Hoping to get it done with earlier so I can enjoy the holidays.

Questions: 

GTKY:  (stolen from Group 3&4) What are you currently reading, if anything?  Or what’s a book you suggest to others? Currently reading Tradd street series by Karen White. I loved the first couple of books but find myself growing more and more frustrated with the protagonist as series goes on. Does anyone have any good Christmas mystery suggestions?
  • @laurasauruss it happens when I move quickly or stand too long I’m assuming it my uterus growing and making room in there

@newmomtx06 they are not helping because they honestly make everything more difficult. I’m much more efficient and decisive without their “help” lol