Trying to Get Pregnant

TFAS w/o 11/4

**This is a check-in for those with babies/children at home. Please be mindful that the discussion of living children in the WTO/TWW threads is prohibited unless extremely pertinent to your current cycle.**

**If you are having a hard day re TTC or TTCAL, please note that this thread will discuss living children and/or issues specifically dealing with parenting and/or babies. Pregnancy may also be mentioned. Please lurk at your own discretion.** 

What number are you trying for? 

Month/Cycle? 

WTO/TWW? 

Ages of other child(ren)? 

Any thoughts about this cycle? 

Any questions? 

Rant/Rave/Brag: 

GTKY: What is your favorite Thanksgiving Day food? What’s your LO’s favorite? 
Our TTC Journey
TTC #1: May 2011
BFP: 10/27/2011 |  EDD: 6/30/12
DS born 6/28/12 via C/S 3 

TTC #2: September 2018
Me: 36 | DH: 39
Mirena removed 9/13/2018 after 6 years
BFP 11/11/2018 | MC @ 5.5 weeks on Thanksgiving
July 2019 - Diagnosed with Secondary Unexplained IF
August 2019 - 2.5 mg of Letrozole = Never Ovulated so Trigger and IUI were cancelled
9/30/2019 - IUI #1 (5 mg of Letrozole + Trigger) =  BFP but Betas showed CP @ 4 weeks
10/28/2019 - IUI #2 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Trigger) = BFN
11/25/2019 - IUI #3 (7.5mg of Letrozole, Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
12/24/2019 - IUI #4 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
1/24/2020 - IUI #5 (50mg of Clomid + Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN and an Ovarian Cyst
3/2/2020 - Taking a break to reset/NTNP
11/1/2020 - At peace with where things are in life and are no long actively TTC. Whatever happens will happen and it will all be okay. <3

Re: TFAS w/o 11/4

• What number are you trying for? 2

Month/Cycle? 5/4

WTO/TWW? WTO

Ages of other child(ren)? 20 months

Any thoughts about this cycle? NTNP for a bit.

Any questions? Nope

R/R: DD stayed home sick with DH yesterday. It's just a cold but she has had some rough nights needing extra snuggles and had a slight fever the night before so we just decided to keep her home for the day. She seems much better today. Her nose is so raw and chapoed though that she cries when we try to wipe her nose which breaks my heart. I've been using the boogie wipes with the saline to try and help. Poor girl. Can't wait till she feels better.

GTKY: What is your favorite Thanksgiving Day food? What’s your LO’s favorite? I love stuffing!! Really I love it all. Thanksgiving sandwiches from the leftovers the next day are amazing too. DD wasn't super into Thanksgiving food last year (she was only 9 months old though) so I'm curious if she'll like it this year. She's not a very picky eater (yet) so we'll see.  
  • I totally wasn't thinking when I did that GTKY that all of your LO's are WAAAAY younger than mine  :s  Sorry about that!

@gingermama29 I feel like I haven't talked to you in forever!! Man! I think you made the right call by keeping DD home. Poor baby girl! I use Aquaphor on DS's nose when he gets sick or when his allergies are bad - especially at night before he goes to bed. It works WONDERS, seriously! It helps so much, you should give it a try! Also, leftover turkey day sandwiches are the best! Have you ever seen that Friend's episode about the moist maker!? 

What number are you trying for? THB #2

Month/Cycle? 13/11/1 (AL #2)

WTO/TWW? ONE week wait!!!! (well, less than one week to go now!!!)

Ages of other child(ren)? 7

Any thoughts about this cycle? I don't want to say hopeful, because that's not the right word, but I am full of positive thoughts and affirmations. I'm constantly telling myself that:
    • My body is healthy and ready for this pregnancy.
    • My lining is thick, plush and exactly what it needs to be to support implantation.
    • My embryo(s?) are genetically healthy and extra sticky.
    • My progesterone levels are exactly where they need to be.
    • I am in a successful IUI treatment cycle.
    • I am pregnant from this cycle!
    So..... FX all of that comes true?! haha

Any questions? nope

Rant/Rave/Brag: So far I am navigating this last week of the TWW pretty well. I'm very proud of myself, to say the least haha but I still have 5 days to go so the BSC just might creep in any moment now  :D I'm sticking with not testing before the betas on 11/11 though. 
    This weekend should be fun, which is nice as it will make the days go fast! Friday night we are going to see a comedian, Tom Segura, so we are really excited about that. DS will sleep at his grandma's house.

GTKY: What is your favorite Thanksgiving Day food? It's hard to decide because I love ALL the foods but I'd have to say Mashed Potatoes or Sweet Potato Casserole!
    What’s your LO’s favorite? Ummmm.... Probably the turkey. Honestly, and I'm sorry to tell you all this, but even at the age of 7 they are STILL changing their minds on what foods they like!!

Our TTC Journey

August 2019 - 2.5 mg of Letrozole = Never Ovulated so Trigger and IUI were cancelled
    9/30/2019 - IUI #1 (5 mg of Letrozole + Trigger) =  BFP but Betas showed CP @ 4 weeks
    1/24/2020 - IUI #5 (50mg of Clomid + Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN and an Ovarian Cyst
    11/1/2020 - At peace with where things are in life and are no long actively TTC. Whatever happens will happen and it will all be okay. <3

• Loading the player...
  • @gingermama29 ugh, toddlers with colds are so rough! It seems like the runny noses last forever. I agree with the aquaphor, that stuff works wonders for just about everything!

@kpearse99 I absolutely LOVE the frame of mind you’re in. The TWW must be so intense knowing conditions are right and you just need nature (and science!) to pull through for you. I’ll be thinking of you! 

What number are you trying for? 4

Month/Cycle? 2/2

WTO/TWW? WTO - cd 2

Ages of other child(ren)? 4.5, 3, 19 months 

Any thoughts about this cycle? Ready to get the HIO party started :D

Any questions? Nope 

Rant/Rave/Brag: we survived family photos this weekend! It was...a lot. In addition to my family, my brother + SIL and their kids participated (their kids are the same ages as mine) plus my parents. Complete shit show but I think the finished products will be cute. Also I’m glad we only do this once a year. So much bribery/begging/commanding involved, ha. 

GTKY: What is your favorite Thanksgiving Day food? What’s your LO’s favorite? Hands down my favorite Thanksgiving foods are stuffing FROM A BOX and cranberry sauce FROM A CAN. Don’t even come near me with some homemade shit, that’s not how I roll on T-Day. My kids are ultra picky and I’m not really sure where they came from because they like zero thanksgiving food, not even mashed potatoes. Weirdos. 
  • @kmalls if the cranberry sauce does not have can ridges in it then it's gross and fake!!! The canned cranberry is the ONLY way to go!!!! That is a lot of people, and young ones to wrangle together all in one shot!! I hope you had a glass of wine, or 3, afterwords because you deserved it! 
    Our TTC Journey

• What number are you trying for? #3

Month/Cycle? 4/4

WTO/TWW? TWW

Ages of other child(ren)? 9 and 3

Any thoughts about this cycle? Feeling all the signs of AF. Plus, this cycle made me realize I need to seek assistance. Appointment on Tuesday.

Any questions? For those who had IF with a previous pregnancy, what was your first appointment like with your OB or RE? Wondering if it’s just going to be starting all over again. Oh, plus I am 36 this time around.

Rant/Rave/Brag: I decided I am going to start holiday shopping early, which I never do, but now I feel so overwhelmed by all of the early options and ads being thrown at me. Why are there 5,000 options for Christmas jammies?

GTKY: What is your favorite Thanksgiving Day food? What’s your LO’s favorite? 

I am all about the dessert, so are both of my kids. I am known to take mini samples of dinner items bc we all know dessert is my main show.
  • @misskdreams welcome to the TFAS group!! I did not do IF testing/treatment with my first pregnancy, so I don't know how accurate my answer would be for you but I would think, that since it's been 3 years, you would need to do the basic testing - Baseline testing of CD 3 blood work and ultrasound, maybe another monitoring appointment in the middle of your cycle and probably a SA for YH?  If you're going back to the same RE though, they might jump right back into whatever worked for you last time.
    Our TTC Journey

• What number are you trying for? 5

Month/Cycle? 4/4

WTO/TWW? WTO- should be this week. 

Ages of other child(ren)? 14 DD, 13 DS, 10 DS, 7 DS

Any thoughts about this cycle? We are DTD often, I'm optimistic, but not crazy like last month. *TW* Last month was my first cycle post MC, and I was a mess and crazy about TTC. It was all I thought about.

Any questions? nope

Rant/Rave/Brag: I left my managerial job to start in-home daycare this week. I have four families lined up, and I am excited about this change. I've had nothing but positive feedback around town and everyone has been so supportive. The elementary principal stopped me at school the other day to say how excited she was, and also the lady working the drive thru at the bank. It's a super small town, so having the support is wonderful. 

GTKY: What is your favorite Thanksgiving Day food? What’s your LO’s favorite? My favorite is German Chocolate Pie. Or Green Bean Casserole. Not a fancy Green Bean Casserole. The straight up garbage one with cream of mushroom soup, canned green beans, and French fried onions. Mmmm! My kids like homemade rolls the best. It's about the only time I take the time to make them, so they are always excited for them. Except for my son Logan. His favorite is Pumpkin Pie. 
  • @modoodles that is such wonderful and exciting for you!!! I wish you nothing but the best of luck and success with your new found business!! When would the families start?
    Our TTC Journey

• @kpearse99 I had one family start on Monday, and the other three begin next Monday! With my youngest being 7, it made me realize how much I *don't* have for little ones anymore! 
  • @modoodles congratulations on the career change! That’s really exciting! I have a very soft spot in my heart for home daycares. I’m a SAHM but we’ve always sent our babies to a home daycare a few mornings a week just to get them used to other people/environments. Our daycare providers have become like family and we’re so appreciative of the love they have for their daycare kids. You’re taking on a lot, but hopefully it’s rewarding for you! 

@misskdreams we had baseline testing scheduled for CD 3 plus my husband had a SA to start things off. This was prior to our third child when TTC hit the 6 month mark (I was 36 as well). We had never done any kind of IF testing prior to that, though, so I’m not sure if your situation would be different. 
  • @kpearse99 HELL YES to the cranberry sauce with can indents. Those indents are strangely comforting and feel like the holidays to me. 
  • bows22bows22 member
    edited November 2019
    @gingermama29 I’m glad your DD was able to have a rest day and I’m glad it seems to have helped! Poor thing. 

@kpearse99 I’m loving the positive affirmations!

@kmalls oh my those pictures sound intense! We did them with DH’s family this year so there were 3 kids under 3 and I can’t even imagine more. Glad they went reasonably well haha. 

@misskdreams my RE office said their policy is redoing testing if it’s more than 6 months old. We asked because we may not pursue treatment right away. 

@modoodles that’s awesome that everyone is being so supportive! Good luck!

What number are you trying for? 2

Month/Cycle? Cycle 13

WTO/TWW? WTO

Ages of other child(ren)? 23 months 

Any thoughts about this cycle? Between the SHG restrictions and a work trip our timing is going to be tricky but I worked hard to get the SHG scheduled on a specific day so we wouldn’t be benched so I’m hoping it will pay off! 

Any questions? Nope 

Rant/Rave/Brag: I’m so busy at work, still. It was supposed to be easing up. I’m holding firm on my boundaries but trying to bend when reasonable but it’s a delicate and constant balance! 

DD has been my buddy lately and it’s so sweet. She went through a phase of preferring DH, and then my mom, but now it’s my turn! I’m soaking it up while it lasts. She was up early yesterday so I brought her into our bed and when it was time to get up I gave her the iPad so I could get ready. She said “no mommy, stay” and patted the bed. 😭Even though work is crazy, I’m very thankful it gives me the flexibility to say yes to things like that. 

GTKY: My favorite is mashed potatoes! My dad makes them a lot for our weekly dinners but they taste extra good on thanksgiving (probably because my mom makes them and uses normal amounts of butter). DD on the other hand hates them which is funny because my dad made them every week for me when I was pregnant no matter what we were having (tacos, ravioli, always mashed potatoes). So all that crap of your eating habits influencing the baby’s taste buds seems like a lie. We have egg noodles as a side and I imagine that will be DD’s favorite. 

• @bows22 my DS HATED mashed potatoes for the longest time too! It was only a year or two ago that he started liking them 😂 he would gag hard core every time I tried to feed them to him. Your DD patting the bed is the sweetest!!! I’m glad you are fortunate enough to be able to snuggle longer! 
    Our TTC Journey

• @kpearse99 yesssss I love that episode!!! And I agree. We keep missing each other in whichever dailies we're in. I love your positive thoughts and affirmations. You know I'm crossing everything for this to be your cycle!!

@kmalls glad you survived family pictures. Sounds like it was quite the experience!

@misskdreams welcome! Sorry you feel like AF is imminent. And yesssss to dessert!

@modoodles what an exciting change!! I have so much respect for daycare workers. Speaking as someone who lives in a small town, you're doing something so wonderful for them! Childcare is so scarce around here (DD's was slated to close last year and we were terrified and desperate for options until thankfully another daycare center bought the building and took over her daycare. That's a whole story) so I'm sure the families in your town are so grateful to you!

@bows22 glad your DD is showing preference to you! It's the best feeling when you're their favorite person in the world!  
  • What number are you trying for? 2

Month/Cycle? 10, 1 AL

WTO/TWW? WTO

Ages of other child(ren)? 3

Any thoughts about this cycle? Impatiently waiting for a + OPK. Since I started taking Clomid (this is my 6th cycle), the latest I've had a + is CD 16, so we're just HIO every day in hopes that maybe I'm peeing on sticks at the wrong time and somehow missed the window.

Any questions? n/a

Rant/Rave/Brag: My coworkers are all 20+ years older than me and the majority don't have children, so I feel like I'm getting side eye for wanting more time off over the holidays. Fingers crossed this is my last holiday season here!

GTKY: What is your favorite Thanksgiving Day food? What’s your LO’s favorite? Stuffing! DS's favorite food changes every day, so I have no idea, but probably rolls or dessert.

@kpearse99 I love your positive affirmations!

Me: 35 DH: 34
    Married: April 2014
    DS born 9/16
    TTC #2 since December 2018
    BFP 8/19 MMC 10/19
    BFP 5/20 MC 6/20
  • oh my gosh @the_road_to_oz i read your update in fandoms. I really hope that nothing crazy comes back and it was just a freak thing. And that they can get him back in the right track. Ugh. I know you said your MIL’s “help” is iffy, is she at least helpful when it comes to YS?