April 2020 Moms
Options

TW Tuesday 11/5

Who or what is being a major twat-waffle today?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me 34 DH 34 
PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
Baby number 2 due 4/11/20

Re: TW Tuesday 11/5

• Options
    Staples! I know it's their policy, but they won't print DS's birthday invites because there are Sesame Street characters on them. And yes, I stole them from the internet/created them in PowerPoint and didn't pay any royalties. But I'm not trying to sell them or anything! Grr 😠
  • Options
    A student. I teach college and a student was making an epic case about how he was owed partial credit because of how much work he's put into this chapter. This generation and the entitlement!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @babybison I used to run into that policy all of the time! Do you have enough time to order from somewhere like Vista Print?
  • Options
    The person who gave me a parking ticket even though I had paid.
  • Options
    @doraleigh35 ugh what?? I'd be so mad. 
    I just printed them at home. Luckily my printer wasn't being a TW.
  • Options
    @doraleigh35 Gross. I’d fight that. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • Options
    A contractor. I have sent the form that he should provide information for a certain project on about 10 times. Keeps putting it on the wrong form, so I have to put it in the correct form myself. WTF do we pay you for?

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • Options
    @mercury94 totally going to fight it, but still so annoying.
  • Options
    Can a car be a twatwaffle? Because if so, mine is MY CAR! It decided to have a headlight go out on the first dark commute of the year in the pouring rain and heavy fog.
  • Options
    @literatureandink Aahhh! I’m sorry. I hate daylight savings and driving in the dark. 
  • Options
    Manspreaders or womenspreaders!! I take the metra to and form work, so 2 people per seat and the amount of times I get someone who takes up way more than their fair share is ridiculous. I always sit on the inside and usually work or read my kindle but try to keep my arms in, etc. Right now the dude next to me is like full chicken arm bent elbows playing on his phone!! 
    TW: 
    1 infant loss
    8/17: Our daughter was born
    8/18: Our daughter kicked open heart surgery ass
    2/19: We lost our son to Prader-Willi/Paradoxical Vocal Cord/ Noonans at 6wks old 
    4/26/2020: EDD for baby #3!!!
  • Options
    The first snow of the season came during morning commute on a day I had to go into the office (rather than work from home). Made it safe but there are accidents and vehicles in the ditch all over our metro area. 
  • Options
    I'm a day late, but my TW is maternity clothes and the lack of affordable, cute, functional, and warm winter maternity coats.  We're going to Chicago and the U of Notre Dame next weekend for a football game and the high is supposed to be 38.  I officially don't fit in my winter coat.  I'm in a panic trying to find one.  The TW might actually be me.... I might be too picky.  
  • Options
    @KFrob nope. I live in Chicago, this is my 3rd pregnancy and the last one I was super pregnant in winter. Winter maternity wear is either not cute or $$$. I bought a damn coat at costco last yr bc I refused to spend 100 for a coat extender! 
    And I dont need more themed sweaters, just decent warm ones!
    TW: 
    1 infant loss
    8/17: Our daughter was born
    8/18: Our daughter kicked open heart surgery ass
    2/19: We lost our son to Prader-Willi/Paradoxical Vocal Cord/ Noonans at 6wks old 
    4/26/2020: EDD for baby #3!!!
  • Options
    @smallbutmighty77 I am so over seeing all of the themed shirts and sweaters. Please just give me affordable and adorable versions of the clothes I wore before. 
    @kfrob none of my cute ModCloth coats fit anymore and they don’t make maternity stuff!  Bullsh*t! 😡
  • Options
    @smallbutmighty77 I'm glad its not just me!  I found some at Nordstrom that I like that are like $200+ of course...  I ordered one from Motherhood so fingers crossed its warm enough, fits, and is at least semi cute.  My back up plan is heading to Marshalls and just hoping sizing up works!  

@literatureandink I always seem to find super cute maternity stuff when I'm not pregnant and shouldn't be looking lol.  Then when I need it I can't find anything I like!
  • Options
    @KFrob I'm in the same boat. I have a maternity jacket from H&M and it's fine for day-to-day winter wear. But I am going to a football game on Sunday and the weather is supposed to be -16C/3F with snow. There is no way this jacket will be warm enough. I looked up the jacket extenders on Amazon and they're $75 (Canadian). So I am hoping I can fit fleece layers under the current jacket and maybe somehow rig DH's snowpants (he's 6'0, I'm 4'11) to fit. But yet, winter maternity stuff sucks!