June 2020 Moms

Group 4 (6/21-6/30) Weekly Check-in 11/4

EDD: 

How big is baby?

Upcoming appointments:

How are you feeling? 

Raves/Rants: 

Questions: 

GTKY: What is a fall food you normally look forward to?

Re: Group 4 (6/21-6/30) Weekly Check-in 11/4

• EDD: 6/23/20

How big is baby? Blueberry

Upcoming appointments: This Friday I have my first.

How are you feeling? OK.  Emotional and sore boobs.  Not as tired as my first two pregnancies.

Raves/Rants: I do have frequent fantasies of yelling at certain coworkers and storming out of my office as it burns behind me.  See emotional above.

Questions: 

GTKY: What is a fall food you normally look forward to? Soup
  • EDD: 6/26

How big is baby? Almost a blueberry. 

Upcoming appointments: 11/26 for intake and first scan

How are you feeling? My toddler shared his sinus cold and my OB office doesn't want me to take anything in first tri if I can possibly suffer through it, so... snotty. But mentally the excitement for this LO is ramping up. I'm a lot less anxious than I was with my first.

Raves/Rants: When my nose works, everything tastes amazing right now. But cold chicken smells disgusting. 

Questions: I had a first of the month due date with my first LO, so I was always on the front edge of milestones/appointments/etc.  Being in the caboose of this month is surprisingly hard for me.  I'd like to be so much closer to the end of first tri, or to have my first appointment done, or to be mere weeks away from our NIPT results. Any advice on managing the left-behind feelings?

GTKY: What is a fall food you normally look forward to? Everything Thanksgiving.  This is my first year cooking diabetic friendly, though, so we'll see how that goes. I have a solid no-sugar-added pumpkin pie down, so at least dessert will be safe. Yum! 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • @kyrwyn I know what you mean, it's hard to be towards the end. With my DS I was in the middle. No real advice but solidarity! We will get there.

EDD: 6/21, 7+2

How big is baby? Blueberry!

Upcoming appointments: U/S on Thursday! 

How are you feeling? Okay. I had the most horrible constipation and gas pains yesterday. But today doing much better. Overall my symptoms are enough to reassure me but not so bad that I can't function. But PGAL brain is in full force (I've had on/off spotting/bleeding this whole time and I am just so nervous!)

Raves/Rants:
    Rave: I had my first parent/teacher conference for my DS (he's in kinder) and he did so great! His teacher said he is so sweet and funny and right on track with everything in school. My mommy pride is busting. 

Rant: Last night I had the worst stomach pains of my life. Woke me up at 1am and I literally thought I was dying. Turns out it was just gas. Like WTF gas has never hurt that much in my life. Praying that is not a recurring thing this pregnancy. 

Questions: Any other IVFers? How long are you going to be on PIO? 

GTKY: What is a fall food you normally look forward to? I can't wait for everything Thanksgiving. Turkey, mashed potatoes and gravy, stuffing, apple pie! mmm love it all!

TTC#1 - March 2013

BFP 8/9/13 - EDD 4/14/14 - DS born 4/23/14

TTC#2 November 2015

Dx: Secondary IF June 2016

Medicated IUI cycle#1- Clomid+IUI -1/15/17 -BFN

Break Mid 2017 - Resumed TTC December 2018

"She believed she could so she did..."

Medicated IUI cycle#2- Femara 5mg+IUI 12/22/18 - BFP 1/4/19 - MMC 2/1/19

Saline Sono 3/15/19 - All Clear!

Medicated IUI cycle#3- Femara 7.5mg+IUI 3/28/19-BFN

Medicated IUI cycle#4- Femara 5mg+Gonal F 50iu+IUI 4/27/19- BFP 5/11/19 - MMC 6/12/19 - D&C 6/14/19-

Incomplete M/C Repeat D&C - 7/3/19 -Testing concluded baby was genetically normal  :'(

Dx: Unexplained RPL July 2019 - Tested + as carrier for Usher Syndrome & Familial Mediterranean Fever 

Saline Sono 8/7/19 - Mostly Clear! All systems go for IVF#1 

But will need a repeat Saline Sono between ER and FET

IVF #1 - Antagonist Protocol - 8/17/19

ER#1 8/27/19 - 12R, 6F, 4 biopsied+frozen! (3d5blasts + 1d6blast)- 2 PGS normal embabies!

Saline Sono 9/13/19 - All Clear! Onto FET Prep#1

FET#1 - 4AA -10/4/19 - BFP 10/14/19 - EDD - 6/21/20 -Beta#1-10dp5dt- 379 Beta#2-12dp5dt- 1007 Beta#3-14dp5dt- 2844

DD born 6/15/20  <3

• EDD: June 26

How big is baby? The height of a Reese's peanut butter cup :)

Upcoming appointments: tomorrow is our first OB appointment

How are you feeling? Fine. A little spotty for the last few days and without any other really obvious symptoms I worry that something's wrong.

Raves/Rants: I facepalmed myselt on this one but when I was on the phone we set up two appointments, one for tomorrow and one for Dec. 30th. I SWEAR she told me it was week 10 and was like okay. Sad that I would be early to announce at all of our Christmas events. I just put the week numbers in my planner and realized week 10 is Thanksgiving and I'm dumb. So, yay for being able to tell family at Christmas. Boo for being an idiot at realizing there's a lot more than three weeks until the end of December.

Questions: 

GTKY: What is a fall food you normally look forward to? Spiced wine :(
  • @hanshotfirst77 I had gas pain that I thought was going to kill me with one of my pregnancies.  My husband taught me a disgusting trick. Lay face down with your knees tucked in to your chest (or the nearest approximation your bump allows) and with your butt pointed high in the air (like a toddler lol)  It helps really quickly.
  • @JessiBride Thanks for the tip, I will try that next time.

TTC#1 - March 2013

BFP 8/9/13 - EDD 4/14/14 - DS born 4/23/14

TTC#2 November 2015

Dx: Secondary IF June 2016

Medicated IUI cycle#1- Clomid+IUI -1/15/17 -BFN

Break Mid 2017 - Resumed TTC December 2018

"She believed she could so she did..."

Medicated IUI cycle#2- Femara 5mg+IUI 12/22/18 - BFP 1/4/19 - MMC 2/1/19

Saline Sono 3/15/19 - All Clear!

Medicated IUI cycle#3- Femara 7.5mg+IUI 3/28/19-BFN

Medicated IUI cycle#4- Femara 5mg+Gonal F 50iu+IUI 4/27/19- BFP 5/11/19 - MMC 6/12/19 - D&C 6/14/19-

Incomplete M/C Repeat D&C - 7/3/19 -Testing concluded baby was genetically normal  :'(

Dx: Unexplained RPL July 2019 - Tested + as carrier for Usher Syndrome & Familial Mediterranean Fever 

Saline Sono 8/7/19 - Mostly Clear! All systems go for IVF#1 

But will need a repeat Saline Sono between ER and FET

IVF #1 - Antagonist Protocol - 8/17/19

ER#1 8/27/19 - 12R, 6F, 4 biopsied+frozen! (3d5blasts + 1d6blast)- 2 PGS normal embabies!

Saline Sono 9/13/19 - All Clear! Onto FET Prep#1

FET#1 - 4AA -10/4/19 - BFP 10/14/19 - EDD - 6/21/20 -Beta#1-10dp5dt- 379 Beta#2-12dp5dt- 1007 Beta#3-14dp5dt- 2844

DD born 6/15/20  <3

• mommallama17mommallama17 member
    edited November 2019
    EDD: 
    June 21st

How big is baby?
    The size of a Gummy Bear 

Upcoming appointments:
    November 12th! It's my first ultrasound and meeting with my high risk team.

How are you feeling? 
    I'm excited but also very nervous! I'm praying for a healthy baby ❤️🙏 I'm also very nauseated and my boobs are killing me.

Raves/Rants: 
    Nothing fits anymore and I hate food! I miss enjoying a good meal. Now, everything just makes me sick 😭

Questions: 
    What helps with nausea besides Sea Bands and Ginger Ale?

It's not really a food, but hot chocolate ❤️
  • EDD: June 22

How big is baby? The size of an M&M 😍

Upcoming appointments: Thursday is our first ultrasound!

How are you feeling? Like hot garbage. Nauseous, exhausted, and super sore boobs

Raves/Rants: Sort of rant. My husband is on a Vegas trip right now that was supposed to be a boys trip but a couple wives tagged along at the last minute(which is a whole other rant...). And I would love to be there but I knew that I would just be a buzzkill at the point. So I’m at work and miserable. 

Questions: 

GTKY: What is a fall food you normally look forward to? Pie. Any kind really.
  • @mommallama17 A lot of people find that preggie pop drops or even just sucking on jolly ranchers helps. My friend swore by popsicles. So far I’ve found that carbs is my only friend - French fries or a bread heavy sandwich help me the most
  • EDD: June 22nd

How big is baby? Small raspberry or M&M

Upcoming appointments: Nov 13th...only about a week away!

How are you feeling? Not great, not terrible. Breasts are feeling a bit better and haven't had cramps in a couple of days which is great. Nausea is pretty much always there, but it's fairly mild (haven't thrown up yet), and while I'm tired I'm either getting used to it or not quite as wiped as last week. 

Raves/Rants: 
    Rant: Sexism in the workplace. Not me, luckily, but a good friend is now getting pushed out of her job because she flagged some issues as being toxic and proposed some steps to make positive culture changes in the organization. Didn't exactly go over well. I admire her for stepping up, I'm not sure I would have had the courage, but it sucks that she's getting blasted for it. Another friend went home recently and her sister was an utter b**** to her for no reason. Unfortunately this isn't uncommon with her family, I hate that they treat her so poorly. 

Rave: No drama or issues with my job or family. Still not 100% sure what to do about the promotion I applied for, but will figure it out after the interview tomorrow morning.

Questions: I heard that your hair is supposed to grow/thicken during pregnancy, but I think mine is falling out? I always shed a bunch but it seems worse than normal. Could it be some sort of nutrient deficiency? Yes, I'm planning to ask my doctor about it next week.

GTKY: What is a fall food you normally look forward to? All of it? I love soups/stews, casseroles, homemade bread, and roasts. Made a roast chicken the other week that was amazing. 
  • EDD: June 30

How big is baby? Size of the tip of a match 6w1d

Upcoming appointments: first OB appt Nov 19

How are you feeling? Tired, off and on nausea resulting in not eating much during the day

Raves/Rants: I feel like I've know about this surprise pregnancy forver. Haha

Questions: 

Pumpin chocolate chip muffins and apple pie
  • @akoros I didn't have any glorious hair juju until second tri last time.  And for me that was summer and the last thing I wanted was more hair on my head. ;) Be warned, after a few months of glorious locks, 4th tri is a big surprise when you shed a bunch to get back to your normal hair. 

@mommallama17 I sip weak mint tea throughout the day, and it helps me. Also eating small snacks throughout the day rather than large meals helps. My nausea is worst when I'm hungry. My system is also freakish, so spicy foods help my nausea.  But ginger tea or candies make me puke... so... I think everyone has their own triggers and soothing things.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @kyrwyn Maybe I just have to be patient for my "pregnancy hair" to arrive. I'm aware that it unfortunately doesn't last, which perhaps is why I'm anxious for it to get started!
  • @hanshotfirst77 I’m sensitive to iron. I wasn’t first pregnancy but am now. I was taking prenatals before we got pregnant and they were giving me excruciating pain and it was the iron. So I found some with a lower dose and was fine. But now I’m getting pains again. So the dr recommended one without iron for a little bit. I know progesterone slows down our systems when we get pregnant but maybe it’s the iron in your prenatals too? 

EDD: 6/22/20

How big is baby? Size of an altoid 

Upcoming appointments: I actually had an unplanned appointment today due to horrible abdominal pain since last night. It wasn’t cramping but more of digestion pains. Like super super bad. When I called just to be safe they told me to come in. Got to see baby and its heartbeat. No real answers - was told if I still have pain tomorrow that I need to see my primary care dr. Also, the dr today told me to take prenatals without iron for a few weeks. 

How are you feeling? I’m exhausted. Second pregnancy tiredness is rough. I went o bed at 7:30 last night. I’m always soooo tired. My stomach still hurts but not as bad. Laying down really helps. 

Raves/Rants: dr told me to try gummy vitamins and they’re actually not bad! 

Questions: how long will this exhaustion last 😭

GTKY: What is a fall food you’re looking forward to? 
    Ummmmm thanksgiving Food!! 

• @bbluemoo Thanks for the advice! I'll definitelybe giving it a try!
  • EDD: 6/30. Another caboose! I was near the middle of the pack with #1, so I also think it's weird to be at the end. But babies show up on their own time. My first was over a week late and was forceably evicted.

How big is baby? Teensy.

Upcoming appointments: 11/14 for first sono

How are you feeling? Like garbage. Nausea, bloating, exhausted, super sense of smell that triggers the gag reflex and gives me a reason to insist that DH do all the smelly chores. He is my hero today.

Raves/Rants: I'm so not ready for cold weather.

Questions: Where are your favorite places to buy maternity clothes?

GTKY: What is a fall food you normally look forward to? Honeycrisp apples
  • @cclaineDC omg I LOVE honeycrisp apples 😁 legit my favourite but man they are expensive. 
  • @cclaineDC both my pregnancies I have found a friend that recently had a baby and either bought or borrowed her maternity clothes.  I bought a few motherhood maternity pieces last time and bought some target jeans this time since I'll be pregnant in the winter not just spring/summer like last time.