Trying to Get Pregnant

TTCAL 11/4-11/10/19

**This is a general trigger warning that CP, miscarriage/spontaneous abortion, selective abortion due to medical complications, and/or stillbirth may be mentioned.** 

Introduce yourself and anything you think is important: number of loss(es), when you had the loss(es), diagnosis/conditions surrounding loss, etc.

How are things going? 

What is something that you are struggling with this week? 

What is going well for you this week? 

R/R?

Any testing coming up/any recent results?

GTKY: What was your favorite cartoon as a kid?

It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility

Re: TTCAL 11/4-11/10/19

• 2 losses in college, CP in Jan, Loss in October. 

Status: Benched, DH broke his back and I am on crazy antibiotics

How are things going?  I am SO MAD we can't even try this cycle. Like, I am bitter about it. 

What is something that you are struggling with this week?  I should be pregnant now. All three of my other losses there was a bit of a silver lining - the losses in college I was in an abusive realtionship, and not ready for a baby. My loss in January, the doctors were talking about heart surgery, and the loss meant we could do some really invasive testing, which got me a lot healthier. 
    This one is just - not fair. 
    Added on to that, DH breaking him DAMN back, and not being able to even try for months. I'm just sad. 

What is going well for you this week? It's not October anymore. 

R/R?

Any testing coming up/any recent results? I need to get in contact with my MFM about RPL. I am avoiding it. 

GTKY: What was your favorite cartoon as a kid? We didn't have cable! Rainbow Brite was my favorite to rent. 

• Introduce yourself and anything you think is important: number of loss(es), when you had the loss(es), diagnosis/conditions surrounding loss, etc.

NMC 1/17, BO 6/19, CP 8/19

How are things going? Meh, but Disney is going to make it better 

What is something that you are struggling with this week? A bit annoyed we aren’t doing day 2 of IUI and DH didn’t come to bed early enough to get last night PM and this morning AM in before he had to get up for work... but we still have  good timing 

What is going well for you this week? Teaching a training today and off until Monday after that 

R/R? Did the trigger 34 hours ago and didn’t experience the shaking or hot / cold flashes like last time, so that’s a win OR it just hasn’t happened yet...

Any testing coming up/any recent results? 11/12 progesterone check 11/19 beta

GTKY: What was your favorite cartoon as a kid? I watched The Flinstones and The Jetsons, Care Bears, and probably others I will remember after I post... haha

It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • Loading the player...
  • Introduce yourself and anything you think is important: number of loss(es), when you had the loss(es), diagnosis/conditions surrounding loss, etc.: Early loss May 2019 

How are things going? Good

What is something that you are struggling with this week? I made the mistake of doing a side by side finish line photo from my half in April vs my half this past Sunday. It was pretty shocking for me to see it. I know I’ve gained weight because the scale says so. But the visual was a gut punch. 

What is going well for you this week? 

I’m determine to keep making better food choices and maintaining normal portion sizes. I’m also excited to be TTC again. That month off was like a mental massage. Here’s hoping I can keep this calm over for me! 

R/R?

Just what I mentioned above. I can’t believe I let myself get so out of control this summer with eating. But here’s to moving forward! 

Any testing coming up/any recent results? Just a regular OB appointment tomorrow 

GTKY: What was your favorite cartoon as a kid?

Cinderella. I know it was a movie but my mom said I watched it daily. I was also obsessed with Lassie and cried every time it ended (I know, not a cartoon but I can’t think of anything else I watched). 

• @NYTino24 I hope you have a blast at Disney! And hopefully you come home to great news! I have my fingers crossed so hard for you 💗

@whatsbumpinpumpkin I’m so sorry you’re struggling right now. Being forced on the bench is so cruel when you want to be pregnant so badly. I hope this time flies by for you guys. Big hugs 💗
  • @tyrion_ You finished a half marathon. That’s amazing!!! It’s just a part of your journey. Don’t be too tough on yourself. This stuff is so hard.
    @whatsbumpinpumpkin I hope you both heal fast. The best things I’ve ever gotten in life were after long waits and this is coming from an extremely impatient person. Rooting for you!!

• @tyrion_ congratulations on the half marathon! So proud of you, friend!

@NYTino24 I am glad you have your Disney trip to help distract you. It should be beautiful with all the holiday decorations up already.

@whatsbumpinpumpkin I am so sorry about everything you have been through this month. You've really been dealt a lousy hand. I wish I had some words of comfort for you. Sending hugs.

Introduce yourself and anything you think is important: number of loss(es), when you had the loss(es), diagnosis/conditions surrounding loss, etc. Miscarriage at 5 weeks December '18, CP '19

How are things going? Not great right now. We're doing IUI but I don't have the best feeling about a positive outcome. I am terrified that even if this works, I will miscarry again. 

What is something that you are struggling with this week? TBH everything. The holidays are looming and I honestly don't know if I can handle facing my and DH's family knowing I may not be able to control my tears. My inlaws have been supportive, but I feel like the sympathy and understanding may reach its limit soon. I just don't want to be a burden.

What is going well for you this week? Not a whole lot just yet. Trying to get rid of the negative thoughts but it's just so hard.

R/R? I'm debating asking DH to learn how to cook as a Christmas gift to me. We'll see how well that goes over! 🤣

Any testing coming up/any recent results? So many blood tests to monitor my LH which peaked at 21, but has been falling since Sunday. So confused and frustrated. The nurse said I had three measurable follicles, so that's something. 

GTKY: What was your favorite cartoon as a kid? Rescue Rangers!! 

• @whatsbumpinpumpkin - I hope you and your DH feel better soon!
    @NYTino24 - I am so jealous of your Disney trip. I am living vicariously through you.
    @tyrion_ - I'm sorry you're feeling down about your weight. *hugs*
    @emeraldduchess - FX about your husband learning to cook! I wish my husband would quit smoking as a Christmas gift to me. He has tried everything - cold turkey, the patch, gum, vaping, Chantix, and most recently he tried hypnosis. That's $400 down the drain, ugh.

Introduce yourself and anything you think is important: number of loss(es), when you had the loss(es), diagnosis/conditions surrounding loss, etc: MMC Oct. '19

How are things going?: Not great. I'm still reeling from my friend/coworker telling me she's pregnant. It's early, but still. She and I are a LOT alike (to the point that we even coincidentally have the same haircut), so it was a gut-punch to hear that on Friday.

What is something that you are struggling with this week?: I am still flippin' bleeding. I was hoping the procedure I had done on Thursday would move things along, but here I am. It's not heavy, but it's definitely not the spotting I was expecting to have (that my doctor said I'd have) by now.

What is going well for you this week? I have a busy-busy-busy week between work, seeing clients, and working on my capstone. Being busy is a good distraction for me.

R/R? I had my annual dental exam this morning and my new dentist said I have perfect teeth. :D He says all I need is a cleaning (I get them every 3 months since I have a permanent retainer on my bottom front teeth) and a sealant on one of my teeth.

Any testing coming up/any recent results?: I had to have my blood re-drawn this morning to run another thyroid panel since I wasn't fasting at my last one, so they had me come in again first thing this morning after I had fasted overnight. We'll see how this goes.

GTKY: What was your favorite cartoon as a kid?: Basically any Saturday morning cartoons - TMNT, Animaniacs, Tiny Toon Adventures, Muppet Babies, and I also would watch the "bad" cartoons if my parents weren't around - Ren & Stimpy, Beavis & Butthead. I never got into South Park or Family Guy, though. Not my type of humor.

Me: 37 / DH: 41
    Due with baby #2: Feb 2022

• @whatsbumpinpumpkin Its absolutely not fair, and you have every right to feel bitter and angry and sad and whatever you want. Being unexpectedly benched after a loss is the worse. Its like you are stuck in the season of loss and not even able to move on to trying again. *hugs* 

@NYTino24 Have so much fun in Disney!! I'm going to Orlando over Christmas (but not Disney because I'm not a big Disney fan and think it will be too busy for me to appreciate). 

@tyrion_ sorry for the gut punch of the photos. I get that every time I see a photo of myself currently... I recently started doing intermittent fasting and it seems really sustainable for me. I struggle with overeating

@emeraldduchess I'm not help on the confusion with LH levels, but I hope its nothing concerning. I am this IUI does the trick for you! I hope the holidays end up bringing you needed distractions (or better yet good news about a successful IUI). You are not a burden. 

@ttcbabyodo congrats on the perfect teeth! I should probably book a dentist appointment. My dentist stopped taking my insurance, so I havent got in a couple years because of laziness of switching...  oops. 

Introduce yourself and anything you think is important: number of loss(es), when you had the loss(es), diagnosis/conditions surrounding loss, etc. CP 2/17, MMC (BO) 5/19

How are things going? Things are okay. I have a crazy busy month at work for November so I dont really have time to think about anything. 

What is something that you are struggling with this week?  Its officially due date month. This is my last chance to find out I'm expecting again before our due date (end of the month). 

What is going well for you this week?  It's pretty much just a normal week. 

R/R? I'm trying to find silver linings about approaching an empty due date. We booked a trip for May/June that we will need to cancel if we get KU in the next couple months. I'm also going to FL for Christmas so will probably ride all the roller coasters if I'm not KU. 

Any testing coming up/any recent results? IF testing came back normal. Huge numbers increase on the SA front to get us into the very bottom of the "we want to see at least" numbers. Which at least tells me we have a shot, which is why we are waiting until next year to start treatment instead of during the craziness of the holidays. 

GTKY: What was your favorite cartoon as a kid? We didnt have cable, but I remember watching Rugrats at my grandmas 

Me: 31 DH: 34 :heart: Married: April 2016
    TTC December 2016
    BFP 2/28/17 // CP 3/1/17
    MFI Diagnosis: Aug 2017
    BFP 11/1/17 // DS born 6/18
    TTC January 2019
    BFP 3/21/19 // D&C (MMC) 5/8/19
  • Hello, I'm joining a thread I really hoped I'd never have to, but I know all of you ladies are wonderful and hopefully this will be a good place for me. 

How are things going? Things are hard right now. We had a TFMR almost 3 weeks ago at 14+2 and lost our second son due to chromosome abnormalities. I'm trying to wrap my head around the fact that we are no longer pregnant and that we have to start over again. If anyone wants details I'm happy to explain over PM but I don't feel like dragging the story out here. 

What is something that you are struggling with this week? I'm struggling with knowing where I would be in pregnancy each week because *** TW my best friend was only 2 weeks behind me and she is still pregnant, so seeing her is like looking at a calendar of where I should have been end TW**

What is going well for you this week? Life is seemingly going back to normal. 

R/R? 

Any testing coming up/any recent results? OB appointment tomorrow for post-op evaluation. 

GTKY: What was your favorite cartoon as a kid? I loved My Little Ponies, Care Bears, all those

TTC#2 
    DS born 9.17
    TFMR 10.19
  • Hi @flinstone-2 - I am so sorry you have found yourself here. You're facing some really, really insurmountable challenges between your grief over your recent loss and also struggling with seeing your best friend who is still KU. That is so hard. We're here if you need us. *hugs*
    Me: 37 / DH: 41
    Due with baby #2: Feb 2022

• @flinstone-2 I am so sad you’re here. I am so sorry for your loss. While it sucks that we are all here, you couldn’t ask for a better group of ladies to pick you up when you’re down. 
  • @flinstone-2 I really can't express how sorry I am for your loss and for all the emotions that are coming with it. Whatever we can do to help we will do <3
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1: May 2011
    BFP: 10/27/2011 |  EDD: 6/30/12
    DS born 6/28/12 via C/S 3 

TTC #2: September 2018
    Me: 36 | DH: 39
    Mirena removed 9/13/2018 after 6 years
    BFP 11/11/2018 | MC @ 5.5 weeks on Thanksgiving
    July 2019 - Diagnosed with Secondary Unexplained IF
    August 2019 - 2.5 mg of Letrozole = Never Ovulated so Trigger and IUI were cancelled
    9/30/2019 - IUI #1 (5 mg of Letrozole + Trigger) =  BFP but Betas showed CP @ 4 weeks
    10/28/2019 - IUI #2 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Trigger) = BFN
    11/25/2019 - IUI #3 (7.5mg of Letrozole, Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    12/24/2019 - IUI #4 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    1/24/2020 - IUI #5 (50mg of Clomid + Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN and an Ovarian Cyst
    3/2/2020 - Taking a break to reset/NTNP
    11/1/2020 - At peace with where things are in life and are no long actively TTC. Whatever happens will happen and it will all be okay. <3

• @flintstone-2 I am so very sorry that you find yourself here. This is a "club" that nobody wants to be a part of, but I can say with certainty that this is the kindest, most supportive group of ladies around. 
  • @flintstone-2 How heartbreaking. We are here for you. 

• bluetickgal @the_road_to_ozkpearse99 emeraldduchess tyrion_ttcbabyodo thank you all so much for the love and support. 
    TTC#2 
    DS born 9.17
    TFMR 10.19
  • @the_road_to_oz hey, anything and everything to try to get some positive mojo going, right? 💚

• Intro: MC Sept. 2019, Hypothyroidism

How are things going? Eh, not terrible. I'm finally getting over some of my anger. Just some. 

What is something that you are struggling with this week? My sister still. ***TW*** she delivered my nephew on the same day I woke up cramping and bleeding heavily. I was supposed to be her labor support and had to call and tell her I couldn't be there because I was miscarrying. Now she keeps sending me pics of my new nephew, who I love, but don't really want to think about yet. ***end TW***

What is going well for you this week? My house is clean, we've had actual meals to eat all week instead of junk, and my laundry is all caught up. AND PUT AWAY. This is huge. Once things start to slip in the housekeeping department I lose it, like I don't even know where to start.

R/R? 

Any testing coming up/any recent results? Nope. 

GTKY: What was your favorite cartoon as a kid? I loved Rugrats and DuckTales. 

@NYTino24 have you ever been to Disney before? DH has but I haven't and I don't know if I could be convinced to go! I feel like there would be so many people! 

@tyrion_ awesome for the half! Photo comparisons can really suck. I plan on avoiding that for a while. 

@bluetickgal - 3 day weekends are the best- especially when you are on the same work schedule as DH! Enjoy it!

@flinstone-2 - So very sorry to hear of your loss. Sending you a ton of love. 

@emeraldduchess  I feel like holidays put so much pressure on us to be happy and joyful, but in reality, life sucks sometimes and just because it's the holiday season doesn't mean that the way you're feeling isn't valid. You are not a burden. Your feelings and your sadness is not a burden. Your DH not knowing how to cook on the other hand.... ;)    

• @modoodles This was my first trip! Glad you got house stuff in order. I tried my best before we left and after we got home, but things were nuts.
    @flinstone-2 So sorry to see you back, friend.  <3