June 2020 Moms

Group 2 (June 7-13) Weekly Check In | Week of 11.4

EDD: 

How big is baby?

Upcoming appointments:

How are you feeling? 

Raves/Rants: 

Questions: 

GTKY: What is a fall food you normally look forward to?

Me: 34 DH: 38
Married: June 2011
TTC since Feb 2016
BFP#1: 7/7/16 MMC: 8/16/16 
BFP#2: 5/8/17 - CP
BFP#3: 6/27/17 EDD: 3/10/18

Re: Group 2 (June 7-13) Weekly Check In | Week of 11.4

• Ooh I’ll play!

Our babies are all the same size... but I like how Ovia will give me different ones so a “cerise confit” which I guess is a candied cherry. Similar to a mars chino? 

Feeling: off and on better with some nausea meds (looking at you unisom and b6). I’ve definitely lost several pounds this pregnancy instead of gained so I’m struggling with that. I’m not a weight obsessed person but I’ve literally always weighed the same thing, came back to it after DD, and now weigh less for the first time since maybe college. It’s hard to wrap my brain around knowing my body can’t regulate to what it wants. I guess the bonus is my pants still for even if I can’t eat much. 

Rant: grades are due for midterm quarter 2 already. I’ve been napping instead of grading. Send help. 

Rave: DH has completely taken over all kitchen related duties. He’s been absolutely phenomenal. But I think partly he is just glad I’m not meddling in “his” kitchen anymore too. I do miss cooking but can’t handle it. 

FALL FOOD: ugh. So sad. Cider Donuts. You only need one a year but they’re delicious. Not this year. And things with cranberries. Y’all. I have some delicious cranberry dessert recipes that are both sweet and tart. Hit me up around thanksgiving if you want something a little unconventional. I think I could even actually eat that right now. Maybe I’ll just ah e cake for dinner...

Married: 12/19/15         

BFP: 9/4/17             
    EDD: 5/16/18
    DD born 5/10/18
    Postpartum Complications

BFP: 10/1/19
    EDD: 6/12/20
  • EDD: June 13

How big is baby? raspberry 

Upcoming appointments: I have my dating ultrasound on the 19th. Should be 10 weeks by then and hoping baby will look a little more baby like :)

How are you feeling? On and off nauseas but meds work. If I keep eating through the day it’s better. Super tired. Last night I went to bed at 8:30 and I still had a nap today.

Raves/Rants:

Not really a rant or rave but just found out a preggo friend who was having a girl is actually having a boy. Major plot twist. I don’t know how my pregnant self would handle that kind of news when I am already excited.

Questions: 

GTKY: What is a fall food you normally look forward to?

pumpkin pie. But this pregnancy I am not about the sweets.
  • Loading the player...
  • EDD: 6/11/19

How big is baby? Wild strawberry  

Upcoming appointments: Second US November 26. That. is. too. far. away.

How are you feeling? So tired. My energy went off to Fiji. I hope it's enjoying the sun.

Raves/Rants: Too sleepy to rave or rant.

Questions: Can I go to bed now?

GTKY: What is a fall food you normally look forward to? Hot chocolate! It's so simple, but it's not the same drinking it during the hot summer. I usually wait until the temperature has cooled sufficiently before indulging in a cup.
  • EDD: June 8, 2020

How big is baby? About the size of a cherry or olive

Upcoming appointments: 11/12/2019 I had my last scan at the hospital due to dehydration (IV), so I will not have another scan for 4 to 6 weeks.  I hope that I can hear the little one heartbeat, I have not heard it yet. I could only see the heart beating during my ultrasound.

How are you feeling? I'm super tired and naps are so important for me when I get home from work. I don't have much energy, but I try to push myself to keep going. My family says I'm moody lol (ok maybe a little). I have not felt any nausea since my 7th week (crossing my fingers). Gasssssss is crazy, I had a gas pain this morning that was horrible and painful.

Raves/Rants: I'm just really looking forward to the second trimester!  I'd like to feel a little normal and get some of my energy back. 

Questions: None

GTKY: What is a fall food you normally look forward to? Anything involving Thanksgiving LOL, sweet potatoes pie with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream or apple pie.
    TTMills,
    "wishing all the mommies a healthy & happy nine months of pregnancy"
  • EDD: 6/7

How big is baby? according to parents magazine, a sushi roll, but that seems so much bigger than a cherry, so I don’t get it. 

Upcoming appointments: Thursday us at re 

How are you feeling? better. The nausea seems to be subsiding, so now I need to get back to exercising and being generally functional. But, having taken a break for a couple weeks, it’s so hard to push myself back to it.

Raves/Rants: I’m feeling more like this is actually happening, and allowing myself to get more and more excited about having a baby in June! 
    Rant—still trying to work around how to deal with a nosy aunt in a couple weeks. We’re doing a fake/early thanksgiving with my side in a couple weeks, and I’m just not ready to share our news, but I’m worried that it’ll be told for me regardless. Not the worst of problems to have tho, and it’s pretty close to the telling mark anyway.

Questions: what have you found to be the best way to hide the bump (bloat / weight gain from being a vegetable for the last few weeks)? and the no booze? 

GTKY: What is a fall food you normally look forward to? I’m not big into fall flavors. I sometimes will have a spice cookie out of nostalgia, but it’s always disappointing. I’m also bothered by the smell of apple pie, but I like fresh, raw apples. Butternut squash soup can be good though, as long as it’s savory and not sweet.
  • @mariabele a simple hot chocolate is so perfect! I love to doctor it and make it minty or bailey's-y or caramely too. Not all of that can happen this year :)

@ttmills620 naps are everything. I'm only working part time this year in the mornings so I have every afternoon off. Naps while DD sleeps are so necessary. 

@begging4abump I'm all about those loose sweaters and since the weather is changing I'm trying to transition my wardrobe with it a little bit. The alcohol is a little harder but I'm on some strange medications so I usually try that excuse. Or DH and I pull a swap halfway through dinner where he drinks my wine and I get his empty glass without anyone noticing. That being said, I did skip a margarita specific work function where I wouldn't have been able to hide my lack of drink. I was disappointed but I got to bed earlier so it wasn't a big deal :)

Married: 12/19/15         

BFP: 9/4/17             
    EDD: 5/16/18
    DD born 5/10/18
    Postpartum Complications

BFP: 10/1/19
    EDD: 6/12/20
  • EDD: June 7

How big is baby: Tater tot!

Upcoming appointments: Friday for first US & OB appointment 🤞 It was supposed to be last Wednesday but my OB was out sick. 

How are you feeling? Mostly the same. Just low key trashy. 

Raves/Rants: We recently changed a lot of our tech processes at work, including how we store shared files. It’s a royal PITA and I hate it and with the nausea/fatigue, I just can’t with it all. 

Questions: 

GTKY: I usually like to do a chili and apple crisp night. But I should have done it immediately and now the chili doesn’t sound good. Might still do apple crisp. I do the kind with the more streusel type topping. Not that oat whatever thing that some places do. 

@alli392 I like to see which one people choose from all the comparison options out there. Then I also think it’s funny when the comparisons start turning into nonsense. Like @begging4abump where one source told her a sushi roll when we’re in a tater tot/cherry range and what kind of lame sushi roll would that be?? 😆

@MssyMmmy I’m telling myself the same thing about my ultrasound ending up so late. It’ll look more like a baby and less just a blob. How did they originally come to the first conclusion about the sex of your friend’s baby?

@mariabele My energy is hanging out with yours. I’d love to join them and just go all in on relaxing and lazing about!

@ttmills620 The moods are hard. It’s so tough that one of the hardest parts of pregnancy is when you look the same as always so unless you’re a whiner, people forget that you feel some level of trashy all the time. 

@begging4abump Be kind to yourself as you get back to exercising. Don’t compare what you used to do to what you can do today and throughout pregnancy. It’s hard. As for get togethers where you’re not ready to share, first, shape wear and flowy clothes. I got one that’s a swimsuit style thing so it’s not rolling down with a hook & eye crotch. It got me through a work trip at 16 weeks when I wasn’t ready to tell. As for drinking, depending on this situation, soda water + lime, beer in dark bottles (fake sips and if mingling, you can take it to the bathroom & pour a little out), you and YH get the same drink and keep swapping frequently so the levels stay the same (we did a wedding with beer of tap like this), white grape juice instead of wine. 

Me: 34 DH: 38
    Married: June 2011
    TTC since Feb 2016
    BFP#1: 7/7/16 MMC: 8/16/16 
    BFP#2: 5/8/17 - CP
    BFP#3: 6/27/17 EDD: 3/10/18
  • @kiki75 she paid for a boutique ultrasound ahead of her actual anatomy scan. I’ve heard those technicians aren’t trained as well. She said the genitals must have been hiding behind the umbilical cord. She already had one of each gender so it was okay. But already announced the girl and bought a few things etc. I guess better to find out now then at the birth.
  • EDD: June 11

How big is baby?: according to my the bump app today we are a gummy bear

How are you feeling: so so so exhausted and killer heartburn. Nausea comes and goes but is easing up a bit. The heartburn will not cease and desist however.

Rants/raves: we are trying to get our new house fixed up and I really really want to be in there before Christmas but I don’t know. Having said that, my parents and significant other have really been working their tails off to help make it happen.

Questions: why does it feel like first trimester is taking foreverrrrrrrr?

Favorite fall food: everything Thanksgiving. It’s my favorite holiday ever.
  • @begging4abump I've had several work happy hours and ordered my "virgin" drinks at the bar. The waitress is always like "no, I'll come to your table" and I have to do the awkward "no, I'd rather order here...". I'll have to do it again this Friday for a coworkers goodby party. Sigh.
  • @sheshe3386 I love the gummy bear comparison! Where on the bump app did you find that?

@mariabele Good luck on sneaking by on Friday! Oh the irony in pregnancy demanding virgin drinks!

@kiki75 I didn’t realize that you haven’t had your us yet! I’m so excited for you for Friday! Good call on the shapewear. I have only been trying the oversized stuff, but a little help underneath might make a big difference! Sorry about the work changes, but hopefully tater tot starts giving you your energy back! Also, I tried soda water + lime at a wedding when I was pregnant with dd at a wedding, and my aunt actually sniffed it to check. 🙄 Some people.

@alli392 sorry about missing out on the work function, but I totally hear you as sleep as a beautiful, beautiful silver lining!
  • @begging4abump when I open my app it’s on the home screen right under what week your on. Today it says the same size as a piece of popcorn.
  • Oh my goodness, you’re* don’t mind my tired brain lol
  • begging4abumpbegging4abump member
    edited November 2019
    @sheshe3386 Awesome! Found it! I had to update my status from trying to conceive to pregnant. Thanks! 

Eta: baby is the size of a soda can tab.
  • EDD: 6/12/20 - got another scan today and moved 2 days back from what I had guessed and almost 1 week back from LMP.

How big is baby?  8w 6d

Upcoming appointments: just had a viability ultrasound today.  Baby looked good and had a 183 HB. Next up is 11/20 for checkup and NIPT

How are you feeling? Pretty good, tired but no other real symptoms... well eating everything I’m sight also.

Raves/Rants:  love eating and have been having all the carbs... but gaining weight to quick I’m afraid! 

Questions: 

GTKY: What is a fall food you normally look forward to?  Apple cider doughnuts!!
  • EDD: 6/11

How big is baby? pecan

Upcoming appointments: US 11/13

How are you feeling? This is the best I've felt at this point in a pregnancy, but I don't feel amazing. Nausea off and on, mostly on. Nothing sounds good to eat, ever. Tired beyond tired due to my husband being gone for the last week hunting.

Raves/Rants: My husband is coming home today, yay! He's coming home early because he fell yesterday and messed up his shoulder pretty bad, boo

GTKY: What is a fall food you normally look forward to? cold turkey sandwiches the day after Thanksgiving

Started TTC Nov. 2011 

1st clomid cycle June 2012- No response :: HSG August 2012- Left tube blocked, right tube clear :: 2nd clomid cycle Aug. 2012 BFN :: 3rd clomid cycle Sept. 2012 :: BFP Sept 30th :: DS born 6/15/13 :: BFP #2 7/29/14 M/C 8/5/14 :: BFP#3 10/20/14 DD born 7/1/2015 :: Applied to be surrogate April '17 :: Transferred 1 Embryo for IFs Dec. '17 :: Surro Babe born 9/11/18 :: Started 2nd Journey May '19 :: Transferred 1 Embryo for new IFs 9/24/19 :: HB 138 at 6w6d