June 2020 Moms

November symptoms

Re: November symptoms

• @diagonalley SO MUCH. And I’m so bloated after work because I have to try to hold it in all day in my open plan office lol
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Laid on my bathroom floor for a solid 5 mins this morning trying not to vomit. 
    Suck. Sorry. Hopefully you can find something that helps! 
    1st born at 35+4 on 6/6/16
    Team green turned BLUE!
    2nd born at 38+6 on 8/30/18 
    Team green turned PINK!
    Due with #3 on 6/6/20 Team Green

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • On today’s episode of the only thing I could choke down: Arby’s Beef and Cheddar sandwich. 

I dont know why the other things wouldn't go down but thank goodness something did. 

Married: 12/19/15         

BFP: 9/4/17             
    EDD: 5/16/18
    DD born 5/10/18
    Postpartum Complications

BFP: 10/1/19
    EDD: 6/12/20
  • I’ve still got crazy heartburn. I’ve been taking Pepcid since there is a recall on Zantac. My doctors list of ok meds said Prevacid is ok to take but I’m still nervous about it and trying to wait until 2nd tri. Anyone ever taken it during pregnancy? I’m literally on fire 24/7. Also, I haven’t been able to breathe through my nose since like week 6. I thought it was allergies but I’m thinking it’s a pregnancy symptom lol
  • @alli392 omg I love Arby’s beef and cheddar sandwiches lol I need one of those.
  • @mindyb2019 and @chaos-and-coffee
    Im just glad you know what Arby’s is 😂😂😂 last pregnancy, it was some of the only protein I didn’t have trouble with too so I figured it was worth a shot. 

I cant remember who recommended the boost brand protein drinks to me a while back, but I’ve been having some before bed when I’m able to get it down, and I do think it helps with middle of the night and early morning nausea. I had a vanilla one from another brand though that was so strong I felt like I was eating a candle. Back to the chocolate kind I guess...

DD born 5/10/18
    Postpartum Complications

• @alli392 I haven’t had Arby’s in about 20 years but now I’m craving it 🤣
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @alli392 😂😂 who doesn’t know what Arby’s is? Lol Now I’m craving one of those yummy sandwiches damn you girl haha 😆 I had an Arby’s down the road from my house but they shut it down 😭 now I would have to travel real far to get a sandwich lol. 

Im fortunate I don’t have any problems with eating any protein so far. All I want to do is eat lots of meat lol so sorry you have been having nausea. 
  • @alli392 annnd now I need curly friessssssss.
    me . early 30's | h . mid 30's | < 3 . 2013

ntnp #2 . summer 2018

*siggy warning*

ttc#1 . jul 2015
    mmc . mar 2016 | 6w2d
    dx PCOS (non-IR) / subclinical hypothyroidism . summer 2016
    tx metformin, levothyroxine, LP progesterone, femara + trigger + ti . fall/winter 2016
    BFP! . jan 2017
    DD . oct 2017

• FFMC I can't stand Arby's at the best of times, makes me sick. 

We do have a great local place for curly fries though....
    Team green turned BLUE!
    Team green turned PINK!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • kyrwynkyrwyn member
    edited November 2019
    Like @pourmeanothermocktail, I can't stomach Arby's on my best days. But more power to anyone who has found their comfort foods for first tri (edit: spelling). 

AFM, I cannot tell if I'm ridiculously bloated (my suspicion) or if a teething toddler sitting on my blump just makes everything worse (probably also true). The fatigue is like a thousand times worse this time... Which I'd also like to blame on drooly McNoNap, the toddler. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • McDonald’s French fries finally saved me from nausea today. And now I’m considering whether I should drive 20 minutes each way to get more fries for dinner this evening...
  • @alli392  aaah now I’m craving Arby’s too.  And I haven’t even THOUGHT the word Arby’s for a very long time.  If I start getting regular sympathy cravings from these threads we will all have to sign a contract to only crave healthy things. (😂😂)
  • SAME! This is my second and I’ve heard it shows faster but I feel HUGE! 
  • I was obsessed with Arby's during my last pregnancy! Beef and cheddar with curly fries. Yum!! 
  • Barf.  The only thing good Arby's has to offer are the curly French fries and milkshakes.

I am seriously so over this first trimester.  I have things to do and I just can.not.muster.the.energy by the time I have time to do it.  So I'm off to bed at 9:30...ugh
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @diagonalley I feel you. I have a to-do list a mile long and now our parents are coming over this weekend so we can announce to them. And I don’t have the energy to do anything at all. It’s 6:30 and I’m ready for bed already.
  • My grades are due Wednesday morning so I have a deadline...I'm hoping I can kick it into gear while at work tomorrow.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Figured out why my back has been so itchy... lots of lovely back-ne right along my bra lines. Lovely. 
  • @akoros me too! What a weird symptom to crop up. 

Anyone else gagging while brushing teeth? Who knew Minty fresh could be so repulsive. 

DD born 5/10/18
    Postpartum Complications

• @alli392 I gag while brushing my teeth also. I don’t find the minty flavour repulsive at all I just gag. I gag from a lot of things actually. I gag when I first lay down to go to bed too, not sure why lol 
  • @alli392 glad it's helping :) I also like Premier Protein - the vanilla one makes good milk for cereal IMO lol. 
    ~~Signature Trigger Warning~~

Me: 32; Him: 36
    Married: Oct 20, 2013
    BFP 1: Aug 31, 2015
    EDD 1: May 12, 2016
    DD1 Emma born May 12, 2016
    An Honest Account of New Motherhood (with Postpartum Anxiety, Depression, and OCD)

BFP 2: October 07, 2019
    EDD 2: June 20, 2020

• Me: Ugh I don't want ANY food today

Also me: *eats a 700-calorie breakfast* .... who eats an entire mango?! ...me, that's who (+ eggs w/ ham and cheese & toast w/ butter) ...not to mention the 3 mini donettes I had a few hours ago

An Honest Account of New Motherhood (with Postpartum Anxiety, Depression, and OCD)

• I spoke to my OB yesterday about how my weight has been all over the place because I'm so constipated and then other days its the opposite. He basically told me to eat what I want and can hold down, then try prune juice. Also stop getting on the scale. I hate prune juice but I guess I will try it instead of medicine for now.  If it isn't one thing it is another I pray the next 4 weeks pass by in a blink of an eye. 
  • .... who eats an entire mango?! 
    Lucky people.
  • alli392alli392 member
    edited November 2019
    I’m with @akoros 😂 I just want to eat anything!

that being said I am managing to eat dry, not sugared, plain Cheerios right now without gagging. Do those count?

DD born 5/10/18
    Postpartum Complications

• I’m eating everything savory and am so constipated so I feel even worse. I’ll probably have to try prune juice soon! 😩 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @hayhay2501 Colace!!

• @saladflambe I mean, it is National Donut day, so you were just doing your civic duty with the donettes, they don’t count. Also, your breakfast sounds delicious.
  • @mindyb2019 Toothbrush especially makes me gag. It's not the mint for me, but physical sensation of brush touching gums, floor of mouth, tongue, etc. Ew.
    Team green turned BLUE!
    Team green turned PINK!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @saladflambe ooohh me.. I eat an entire mango too lol. I could eat a whole mango in one sitting even before I was pregnant lol. they are my fav. Your breakfast sounds yummy. 

• I was reading something yesterday about how mangoes are good to eat during pregnancy (lots of folate) and have really wanted mango since. I need to get to the store.

I'm having a huge "eyes are bigger than my stomach" problem. I get super hungry very quickly, to the point of being panicky about it (which is very unlike me), over-order whatever I get to eat, and then am stuffed a few bites. in.

Oh, and there's constantly something caught in the back of my throat. Makes me cough periodically, but it never goes away. Can't complain too much, though, the nausea has been very manageable. 
  • Today’s episode of the only thing I could stomach: Juice Stop smoothie. More okay with this as it doubles as hydration and lots of good things in those berries. 

Im killing our restaurant budget. 

DD born 5/10/18
    Postpartum Complications

• @alli392 I am also killing the restaurant budget. Actually making food is what’s the most disgusting to me. Like the thought of preparing dinner makes me gag. So I’ve been basically living off of take out food or quick things like cereal
  • Ladies. Sorry for over posting today but I’ve discovered a trick. 

Gagging on your prenatals and meds each night? Never had this problem before? Me too. But even the thought of taking them is enough to make me sick so I’ve been experimenting. 

Step 1) put a sour patch kid in your mouth and let partly dissolve. 
    Step 2) push sour patch kid to side of mouth, quickly take pills, sip water, and swallow them
    Step 3) immediately move sour patch kid back to middle of mouth and majority of taste buds thereby taking over Gag reflex. 
    Repeat until all meds are taken. 

Good luck! That folic acid is too important to miss!

DD born 5/10/18
    Postpartum Complications

• You guys, the nausea. I fucking cannot. And now with the headaches and the exhaustion? 

I'm just here for whine about things but for real, all food and all smells right now are awful. It's like walking through a minefield of nausea triggers. I wish I could throw up, for some reason I imagine that would make the nausea go away... 

• @cricket628 I feel ya... literally every smell makes me more nauseated.

• @hayhay2501 in addition to the Colace, Natural Calm magnesium works wonders!  I was reminded that it helps with sleep and headaches too and now I need to go dig this magical supplement out of my pantry. ✨
    me . early 30's | h . mid 30's | < 3 . 2013

ntnp #2 . summer 2018

*siggy warning*

ttc#1 . jul 2015
    mmc . mar 2016 | 6w2d
    dx PCOS (non-IR) / subclinical hypothyroidism . summer 2016
    tx metformin, levothyroxine, LP progesterone, femara + trigger + ti . fall/winter 2016
    BFP! . jan 2017
    DD . oct 2017

• Ok I have been a constant mixture of fatigue and nausea and headaches since like week 5? Now, I hit week 9 today and I woke up at 4:30 am, my body having so much energy, I walked around and got some stuff done before forcing myself back to sleep, but I’ve suddenly had energy all day. A Little bit of nausea but feeling great overall!!  Hoping that it’s not a bad thing, and just enjoying it while it lasts!

@lizanet  I also can’t stand prune juice!!  For me, I have a much easier time eating a handful of prunes and a ton of water - it does the same thing for my gut, from what I notice. But I’m no OB!