Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

IF Testing and Treatment Week of 10/28-11/3/19

1235»

Re: IF Testing and Treatment Week of 10/28-11/3/19

• Options
    @emeraldduchess I’m sorry for this disappointing turn of events. Did they give you any theories as to why this might have happened? Best case scenario is that they stalled but that your estrogen & progesterone are continuing to do their dance correctly. My only other thought is that maybe you somehow ovulated overnight & might still catch the egg? Only your estrogen & progesterone numbers will confirm that. Sorry you have to wait for results, please let us k ow how it all goes. Hoping for the best! 
  • Options
    keikilovekeikilove member
    edited November 2019
    @pom9207 I’m sorry for your disappointing news from your OB as well. For natural IUI cycles they like to see the follicle above 20, ideally around 22-26 mm. You could ask for the hCG trigger shot when your follicle reaches 17mm minimum. Is it possible for you to go back over the next couple of days? You might continue to get positive OPKs & that follie might continue to grow.
    Also, have you read “It Starts With The Egg”? Lots of good tips to improve egg quality, such as taking DHEA & myo-inositol. Check out Ovasitol brand to balance out your cycle & help create strong eggs. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @emeraldduchess hope the BW is just normal fluctuation, and the ultrasounds and additional BW can get you answers. Fx for you!
    TTC #1
    *TW*
    Me: 28 DH: 30
    Married: 09/16
    TTC #1 08/18

~2019~
    IUI #1 #2 #3 with letrozole cancelled 
    Natural cycle IUI #4 10/19 BFN
    First RE visit 11/19
    Clomid 50mg + IUI#5 11/19 BFN
    Elevated prolactin dx confirmed 11/19
    Clomid 50mg + IUI#6 cancelled

~2020~
    IVF #1 ICSI+PGT-A 02/20
    32R 19M 14F 7B 7 PGT-A normal
    Hysteroscopy to remove polyps 3/20
    FET 05/20 BFP! beta #1 9dp6dt 443.8; beta #2 11dp6dt 1212
    Baby has a heartbeat! 6w5d HB 128

• Options
    @pom9207 I edited my comment above for clarity. Hope this helps! 
  • Options
    AFM, this morning I tested again using regular non digital OPK, and the test line is so much stronger than the control line. I tested again 4 hours later, the test line became even darker. I believe I haven’t ovulated yet, and digital OPK just doesn’t work for me.

I messaged my OB to see if she can still order sperm wash for us to go ahead with IUI on Monday. 

Me and MH are really trying our best! Lol he said he is depleted now. We HIO 5 times last week, because I believed that I would ovulate soon. Oh well, looks like ovulation will happen on CD20 for me this cycle😂
    TTC #1
    *TW*
    TTC #1 08/18

~2019~
    First RE visit 11/19

~2020~
    IVF #1 ICSI+PGT-A 02/20

• Options
    @kpearse99 I go in tomorrow morning before work for my blood draw and ultrasound. The good news is I can go to my regular clinic, I don't have to go into the city and the crazy hospital maze. 

@keikilove the doctor I talked to was the RE on call, and she doesn't know me or my history, so I didn't want to really ask. I am on CD15 today, I normally O around CD20, so my guess is maybe this is normal for me and the letrozole didn't do a darn thing. 

@pom9207 FX you get the go ahead for tomorrow!
  • Options
    @keikilove looks like we were posting at the same time 😀 Thank you so much for the insights and suggestions! This is indeed very helpful <3

And you are right! My follicle may be still growing, given that the LH test strip shows a stronger color compares to yesterday. I haven’t read the “It Starts With The Egg” article, gonna do that now. Our OB also suggested taking supplements such as DHEA to improve egg quality.

TTC #1
    *TW*
    TTC #1 08/18

~2019~
    First RE visit 11/19

~2020~
    IVF #1 ICSI+PGT-A 02/20

• Options
    edited November 2019
    @emeraldduchess Great news that you’re still quite a ways out from your normal O day! I wouldn’t worry too much about that LH number then. It’s only going to really climb in those couple of days before O anyway. Estrogen should climb too, then start decreasing just before O, while progesterone starts to slowly increase. (Hope I’m not sounding patronizing here! You may already know all this. I’ve been learning the pattern of the levels as I do each IUI.) ETA: Clearly, this may not be the same timing when supplementing with Letrozol/Clomid. I really hope your LH begins rising again on tomorrow’s BW!

@pom9207 Also great news about your OPKs getting much darker! Monday sounds like perfect timing based on your recent tests. And your DH can get some rest until then!😄 “It Starts With The Egg” is an excellent book that we often reference on TB, along with “Taking Charge of Your Fertility”. ISWTE is a super easy/quick read. There’s even a FB group online with the author as administrator, I believe. Good luck going through w the IUI tomorrow! Keep us posted!🤞🏽
  • Options
    @keikilove you don't sound patronizing at all! I am still new to IUI and I really appreciate your insight! They probably just want to see what's up because they had me on letrozole. I am just super frustrated because this is new and while I have read a lot I don't know what to expect for my experience. 
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    @emeraldduchess OK, good! (I never want to annoy, it’s so hard via online to interpret tone/intent.) I totally hear you on the frustration & not knowing what to expect or how your body will respond. Hang in there! Hopefully tomorrow yields super clear answers.❤️
  • Options
    @pom9207 glad your OPK’s are darkening now! Hope you can work out the IUI still this cycle! 

@emeraldduchess ugh, so sorry friend!! Hope you get some clarity with your US tomorrow!! Fingers still crossed so hard for you!! 
  • Options
    I told myself not to google "fluctuating LH levels" but then...

I will never learn. 

• Options
    @emeraldduchess So sorry, friend. I hope the rest of your testing comes back ok! I hear you on the google rabbit hole.. I need to stop googling blocked tubes!

@pom9207 FX you’re able to go ahead with your IUI!
    Me: 35 DH: 35
    TTC since 9/2018
    Dx: MFI
    10/19- First RE visit
    2/20- DH had surgery for bilateral varicoceles 
    7/20- IUI with 5 mg letrozole- BFN
    9/20- IVF. 9 eggs retrieved, 9 mature, 8 fertilized with ICSI, 7 blasts, 4 PGT-A normal
    11/20- Mock transfer/ERA
    12/20- FET #1- transferred one 4AB- BFN
    3/21- FET #2- transferred one 3AB- BFP! Due Dec 2021
    12/21- Baby girl born!