February 2020 Moms

Weekly Randoms 10/28 - 11/3

13»

Re: Weekly Randoms 10/28 - 11/3

• @babyroma your friend is so talented! I’m glad you had a good time :)
  • @babyroma WOW that cake is spectacular! Are the seashells fondant? So glad you had a nice shower!
  • Loading the player...
  • @daffodil_shoe they were made of white chocolate! The narwhal itself was totally fondant! 
  • SwiftletSwiftlet member
    edited November 2019
    Our house has one upstairs master and one on the main floor and we’re strongly considering moving into the main floor one sometime around my due date- one less flight of stairs, wouldn’t have to carry the babies up and down, especially if I end up having a Csection. I love our upstairs room (and our king size sleep number bed 😍) and the move down would mean a queen bed and a less nice mattress. So I’m splurging a little on some new bedding to make myself feel better. Any fellow linens addicts out there? :#
  • That stupid article about tylenol use increasing your risk of baby having ADHD is irritating me! It's like they give an article in first tri stating that tylenol is ok during pregnancy and then throw out one a few months later starting it could cause an increase in behavioral issue for your baby.   Like really? 
  • @swiftlet - I get why you would consider the move downstairs, but I had a cesarean and it wasn't really necessary. The first week was really difficult to go up/down stairs but I really went downstairs in the morning and then stayed down there the rest of the day. We had a PNP set up downstairs that had a changing table attached so if I had learned to have Bells sleep anywhere but in one of our arms we could have put her in there. 

@sassypants2010 - that is annoying but oh so typical. Eggs are good, no they are bad, blah. I just try to not take anything unnecessarily but sometimes Tylenol is very necessary.
    Me: 38, DH: 36 
    Married Jan 2008 
    DD Baby Bells born Dec 2016 5 lbs, 12 oz, 18" <3 so in love <3
    Due with #2 Baby Arya EDD February 2020

edited November 2019
    @leksil that’s good to know! And that will be our plan if we stay upstairs. Right now the stairs are getting pretty tough and I climb up them like a grandma  :D
  • @Swiftlet Monday Morning Confession - yesterday I crawled up the stairs :blush: I mean it does sound nice to have the master downstairs but I ain't giving up my King perfect mattress bed for anything.
    Married Jan 2008 

edited November 2019
    @leksiL oh good, I’m not alone! And while I can totally see the convenience in having everything on one level (minus the laundry, sigh) but gosh I love my bed...
  • @Swiftlet - do you already have a bed in the downstairs bedroom? I mean it couldn't hurt to have the option to crash down there if you wanted, but buying a new bed and mattress, sheets, shouldn't be necessary. We will have enough stuff to spend $ on! We have a fold-out couch in our media room which will be a nice option if needed. I am moving the rocker up to baby's room though. Last time it was downstairs and that was a pain.
    Married Jan 2008 

• @Swiftlet having the option downstairs isn’t bad if you’re super tired/sore/just don’t feel like it.....but I agree that after the first week, it shouldn’t be that big of a deal to go up and down. Just go slow and hold the railing, especially when carrying baby. 
    Me:33
    DH: 34
    Married: May 2011
    TTC #1: May 2015
    DS: 10/20/2016
    TTC #2: June 2019
    #2 EDD: 2/20/2020
    edited November 2019
    @leksil it’s our main guest room so it’s actually pretty well set up, has an attached bathroom, etc :) I actually have linens for down there already but wanted a duvet cover for our down comforter that goes on that bed. So wouldn’t actually require anything additional except moving some of the baby stuff in!

@ibabyloveb87 Good to know! I’ll have to make two trips every time at least initially since there will be two of them :D