June 2020 Moms

November Randoms

Re: November Randoms

• @lizanet have you tried crackers when you lay down? I keep some in my night stand now and they help at 3 am. Insomnia is a killer though. I wish I could fix that. 
  • We went for Szechuan food with my brother and SIL today and now my stomach is the calmest it's been in over a week. 🤷‍♀️ It was like this in my pregnancy with DS too. I wasn't even mildly carsick on the way home. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • @mrs_and_mrs_booker I am high risk because of a family history of clots (although I've never had clots myself) and I already had my first meeting with the OB and go back Tuesday for my first ultrasound. I'm only 6+3 now. I would call and ask/beg for an earlier appointment. 
  • @kiki75 totally agree with you. Was craving bagel with lox today so got it but nuked the lox... wasn’t as good but made me feel better eating it.
  • @runwmusic i have and its made it worse. Im going to the doc today and hopefully they can help me. 
  • @diagonalley just want to echo what others have said, it’s so important to advocate for yourself. Don’t see a care provider that’s going to make you uncomfortable. 

Ladies, I am so tired right now that I feel my eyelids closing, but it’s a workday and only 9 am. Wah!
  • Alright y'all. Another teacher at my school announced she's expecting in June too (so there's currently 4 of us I know about who are pregnant). Curious for you teachers out there (There's a lot of us!) How long are you going to keep it from other teachers and students? 

I kept it from teachers except my immediate team until 14 weeks. I told students when we came back from Christmas break and I was 22 weeks at that point. 7th graders are oblivious. 

Married: 12/19/15         

BFP: 9/4/17             
    EDD: 5/16/18
    DD born 5/10/18
    Postpartum Complications

BFP: 10/1/19
    EDD: 6/12/20
  • @alli392
    I'm planning on saying something to admin after my 12 week appointment.  A bunch of my colleagues that I'm close with know already though because I told them :) I don't think any of them would spill the beans ahead of me though.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @alli392 As for students, I'll probably wait til January when we get back for break.  My first was due June 5, 2 days after my current due date, and that's what I did then.  I waited until the end of Dec. to tell admin but there is no way that is going to work this time around.  I'm for sure going to be showing before then as I did with my second around 15 weeks.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • DH is making dinner tonight and it’s almost 9pm and it’s still not done. About to eat my hand SOS
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • DH is making dinner tonight and it’s almost 9pm and it’s still not done. About to eat my hand SOS
    I would have lost it at him already. Wow. And eaten something else, preferably while getting in his way in the kitchen. It's not being "helpful" when you don't get the people fed on time. or even close.
    1st born at 35+4 on 6/6/16
    Team green turned BLUE!
    2nd born at 38+6 on 8/30/18 
    Team green turned PINK!
    Due with #3 on 6/6/20 Team Green

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • For those of you who do not have access to desktop, no, we do not know the person who just shared a down her pants picture with us. Joined 2014 and that is first ever post.  :D

Me: 34 DH: 38
    Married: June 2011
    TTC since Feb 2016
    BFP#1: 7/7/16 MMC: 8/16/16 
    BFP#2: 5/8/17 - CP
    BFP#3: 6/27/17 EDD: 3/10/18
  • kiki75 said:
    For those of you who do not have access to desktop, no, we do not know the person who just shared a down her pants picture with us. Joined 2014 and that is first ever post.  :D
    ??
  • Oh lord help me I just saw it. What is happening. 
  • Need to find this for entertainment...

Also, I was today years old when I learned that not everyone knows you can pee while baby wearing (at grocery store, etc).
    Team green turned BLUE!
    Team green turned PINK!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @kiki75 This is one of those things where I'm curious to know what you're talking about, but also know that as soon as I find the post, I'll regret it.
  • Omg that's the best thing I've seen all night 😂
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Yikes, I opened up that post first and was shocked and amazed. Why would anybody feel it necessary to give us that angle to tell if her pants are too big😂 
  • Ok where do I find this “weird” post? Lol 
  • Ok where do I find this “weird” post? Lol 
    It's a one-off thread, title "Maternity Jeans"

Pretty sure it's just her way of trying to get attention, like "hey check out how skinny I am."

Also, my snark factor is high today, I'm at end of day 3 of my son being demanding, and when he doesn't get what he wants, he craps his pants. Which is really bothering my nausea.

So, sorry not sorry, but people read the damn post that says READ THIS FIRST. And change your name. 

I wish my old crappy phone would GIF at all. Because I need some eye rolls.
    Team green turned BLUE!
    Team green turned PINK!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @pourmeanothermocktail heres some eye rolls for you lol

• OH MY LANTA!! 😳😳

Ok so I found the post. 😆😆 Sooo... that was interesting!! 

• Ahahaha the first of many WTF things we will see on this bump board. My old group still talks about our craziest troll. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Does anyone else really want salty foods lately?  It seems to be the only thing my stomach likes. 
    Me 29 DH 33
    Married 10/2016
    TTC since 04/2019
    BFP 10/12/2019, estimated 6 weeks
    EDD 06/07/2020
  • @horsesmeetbaby 1000% yes. With DD pregnancy all I wanted was sugar. Now sweet things sound so gross to me 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Home from work because my daughter and nephew have the stomach bug. I felt okay until 8am and man oh man. I have been puking like nobodies business. Now I wonder if im sick or its the pregnancy or both!  Counting down the days until 2nd trimester. 
  • @horsesmeetbaby yes definitely. All I want is salty things right now. 
  • @lizanet Sorry, that's rough. I hope it's mostly stomach bug and is short lived. If you go for too long unable to keep even water down and aren't peeing, consider going in for IV fluids-stomach bugs can turn into serious scary dehydration in pregnant (and/or nursing!) people very quickly. Feel better soon!!!
    Team green turned BLUE!
    Team green turned PINK!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Hi Ladies! Random thought here.  I am just curious about your diet/eating schedule? Do you eat the standard healthy breakfast, lunch, dinner with snacking in between? Or eat several times a day? Healthy Snacking throughout the day? I have found myself eating a small breakfast, lunch and dinner, while snacking on nothing but veggies, fruit, nuts, cheese, etc throughout the day with a lot of water. What about you?
  • @ambosb I eat like all day long. First tri to me is to just get down whatever works. Eating makes me feel better. 🤷🏼‍♀️
  • @ambosb I've had pretty bad nausea but I'm eating every possible moment I can. Lots of carbs and mixing in protein shakes here and there to help my nutrient count. Goal is to eat when possible and take prenatal every night for maximum nutrients. I'll try to eat healthier second trimester but there's only so much you can do. 

DD born 5/10/18
    Postpartum Complications

• @ambosb I'm trying to stick with a more or less standard schedule. Pre-pregnancy I wasn't really eating breakfast (a bit of intermittent fasting, but also I generally don't get hungry until 10am so I was often "forgetting" to eat breakfast even when I brought stuff). Now in the morning I try to have some small things, like a yogurt/skyr when I get to work and then maybe a pre-lunch snack of toast with a little jam and peanut butter. Beyond that I've been doing my usual lunch, afternoon snack (generally fruit + something salty like peanut butter-filled pretzels, cheese, or nuts), and then dinner after I get home.

And so so much water. I'm normally the type to routinely forget to drink anything and then wonder why I feel crappy, so I'm doing my best to drink more.
  • @ambosb For simplicity I eat the same thing every day while at work.  I've been having baked sweet potato, raspberries and plain greek yogurt topped with sunflower and sesame seeds for breakfast (was doing pumpkin and flax).  Celery and Cucumber with jalapeno cream cheese and pickles and pepperjack cheese sticks for lunch.  An apple on the way home.  Dinner is usually meat, sweet potato and a huge salad.  Last night was barley beef soup.

But on the way home I powerfully craved in the following order and in a 20 minute window: freshly baked bread slathered in butter, Froot Loops, a Big Mac and chocolate shake, brisket and creamy mac and cheese, egg nog, and chocolate cake.  It was a rough ride home! lol
  • Typical day for me:

2am: wake up with killer hunger pains...eat a few bites of something so I can keep sleeping...last night, it was half a cookie

5am: up, eat something small like a piece of toast or a protein bar - today it was a piece of baguette from Panera

then I work out

8am: real breakfast (2 eggs with ham and cheese and peppers or whatever + toast)

10am: snack (apple & 3 donettes today)

12pm: Lunch (today its chicken and rice)

2/3pm: Snack...idk what...probably a piece of baguette from Panera today because I have a lot of baguette to eat? 

5pm: Dinner...uhh...idk what...let's say mac and cheese?

7pm: maybe a cookie or protein bar just TRYING not to wake up ravenous at 2am...

I eat probably 2,300 calories a day, which is what i ate before getting pregnant & was maintaining my weight eating. (Reverse dieted for a year to get to this level; yay metabolism!)
    ~~Signature Trigger Warning~~

Me: 32; Him: 36
    Married: Oct 20, 2013
    BFP 1: Aug 31, 2015
    EDD 1: May 12, 2016
    DD1 Emma born May 12, 2016
    An Honest Account of New Motherhood (with Postpartum Anxiety, Depression, and OCD)

BFP 2: October 07, 2019
    EDD 2: June 20, 2020

• We're not the newest bump board anymore ladies! Hello July! 

What's hard to imagine is that some of the people who will end up on that board haven't even started trying yet. They have no idea what's coming their way  :D

DD born 5/10/18
    Postpartum Complications

• Ahaha my eating schedule is embarrassing so I will not be sharing it 🙈
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • UCH. I sat next to the smelliest man on the train home from work. He smelled like a mix stale cigarettes and not bathing for a week. I feel so nauseous now. Why can’t people maintain basic hygiene?!?!? 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @hayhay2501 no food embarrassment here! Eat all the things!
    ~~Signature Trigger Warning~~

Me: 32; Him: 36
    Married: Oct 20, 2013
    BFP 1: Aug 31, 2015
    EDD 1: May 12, 2016
    DD1 Emma born May 12, 2016
    An Honest Account of New Motherhood (with Postpartum Anxiety, Depression, and OCD)

BFP 2: October 07, 2019
    EDD 2: June 20, 2020