June 2020 Moms

Spotting/Bleeding Support Thread (TW)

Re: Spotting/Bleeding Support Thread (TW)

• @diagonalley it doesn't hurt to call. It would help ease my mind to talk to a nurse personally. That said I don't think it's uncommon to spot after a bm. My Dr said as long as it's not enough to fill a pad not to worry. 
  • @diagonalley Sorry for the spotting! It is always so scary. I would wait it out, probably nbd since it is just spotting. 

@hanshotfirst77 Since you have had good betas I definitely wouldn’t stress. Progesterone suppositories are a blessing and curse, so many side effects, but help keep the pregnancy strong! 

AFM: Not sure where this belongs, but this thread seems best fit. Got my beta back today finally, it was only 25 on 16 DPO. Doesn’t mean I am out, but not looking good. Go in for repeat tomorrow. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @ramzlau When do you expect repeat results? FX so hard for you. 

Me: 34 DH: 38
    Married: June 2011
    TTC since Feb 2016
    BFP#1: 7/7/16 MMC: 8/16/16 
    BFP#2: 5/8/17 - CP
    BFP#3: 6/27/17 EDD: 3/10/18
  • @kiki75 Thanks lady! I’m out though. Bleeding started today, will wait and do beta on Friday to make sure it is back to zero. 

Happy and healthy 9 months to all of you! 
  • ramzlau said:
    @kiki75 Thanks lady! I’m out though. Bleeding started today, will wait and do beta on Friday to make sure it is back to zero. 

Happy and healthy 9 months to all of you! 
    Very sorry for your loss!
    1st born at 35+4 on 6/6/16
    Team green turned BLUE!
    2nd born at 38+6 on 8/30/18 
    Team green turned PINK!
    Due with #3 on 6/6/20 Team Green

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @ramzlau i am so sorry for you loss! All the hugs 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @ramzlau I am so sorry. 
  • I'm so sorry for your loss @ramzlau .. please take gentle care
    ~~Signature Trigger Warning~~

Me: 32; Him: 36
    Married: Oct 20, 2013
    BFP 1: Aug 31, 2015
    EDD 1: May 12, 2016
    DD1 Emma born May 12, 2016
    An Honest Account of New Motherhood (with Postpartum Anxiety, Depression, and OCD)

BFP 2: October 07, 2019
    EDD 2: June 20, 2020

• Oh, @ramzlau I’m so sorry. I hope you have a quick physical recovery and that your doctors are able to develop a plan for a path forward soon. ❤️

TTC since Feb 2016
  • @ramzlau I'm so sorry. The TTCAL thread in TTGP was so helpful to me after my losses this year. The ladies there are amazing and so supportive. 

TTC#1 - March 2013

BFP 8/9/13 - EDD 4/14/14 - DS born 4/23/14

TTC#2 November 2015

Dx: Secondary IF June 2016

Medicated IUI cycle#1- Clomid+IUI -1/15/17 -BFN

Break Mid 2017 - Resumed TTC December 2018

"She believed she could so she did..."

Medicated IUI cycle#2- Femara 5mg+IUI 12/22/18 - BFP 1/4/19 - MMC 2/1/19

Saline Sono 3/15/19 - All Clear!

Medicated IUI cycle#3- Femara 7.5mg+IUI 3/28/19-BFN

Medicated IUI cycle#4- Femara 5mg+Gonal F 50iu+IUI 4/27/19- BFP 5/11/19 - MMC 6/12/19 - D&C 6/14/19-

Incomplete M/C Repeat D&C - 7/3/19 -Testing concluded baby was genetically normal  :'(

Dx: Unexplained RPL July 2019 - Tested + as carrier for Usher Syndrome & Familial Mediterranean Fever 

Saline Sono 8/7/19 - Mostly Clear! All systems go for IVF#1 

But will need a repeat Saline Sono between ER and FET

IVF #1 - Antagonist Protocol - 8/17/19

ER#1 8/27/19 - 12R, 6F, 4 biopsied+frozen! (3d5blasts + 1d6blast)- 2 PGS normal embabies!

Saline Sono 9/13/19 - All Clear! Onto FET Prep#1

FET#1 - 4AA -10/4/19 - BFP 10/14/19 - EDD - 6/21/20 -Beta#1-10dp5dt- 379 Beta#2-12dp5dt- 1007 Beta#3-14dp5dt- 2844

DD born 6/15/20  <3

• @ramzlau aww I’m truly so sorry. ❤️
  • Sending love @ramzlau wishing you the best as you recover.
  • @ramzlau I'm so sorry.  Sending you lots of love.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @ramzlau So sorry, sending love.
  • Spotting happening here too, I'm 8 weeks tomorrow with our first. We did Invocell IVF. I stopped the progesterone suppositories last Thursday, and we've had two good ultrasounds. Heard a heartbeat of 120 last week. Of course the spotting is happening the one week we don't have a scan...

The start of it was pink/reddish last night, but has pretty much brown since then, and very light. Doing my best to breathe...our clinic says only to call if it's heavier than a period along with severe cramping, so I guess I wait til next Tuesday when we have another ultrasound?? My betas were really high and everything has looked good so far, so I'm doing my best to stay positive. Grateful for this thread. 

• @NikkiSings Hang in there! So glad that you’ve had positive indicators all along. Get here, Tuesday! ❤️
  • @ramzlau I’m so sorry for your loss ❤️

@NikkiSings being in limbo is so hard. Fx that everything goes well at your appointment next week!
  • @ladyscientist823 Sending love your way. <3
  • Two-part update from me...first is that after roughly 24 hours of the brown spotting, it stopped. 🤞 Second is that I saw my (fertility/conception/pregnancy focused) acupuncturist today, and she said roughly half of IVF pregnancies have spotting. I'd never heard this, but she said another infertility clinic in town actually tells their patients this. It did put my mind at ease a little, and wanted to share in case any other mamas who did IVF experience it. <3
  • @NikkiSings I'm glad to hear yours stopped and also that does put my mind at ease a bit too. One of the nurses at my RE's office had mentioned that as well. Mine had been very off/on and it's so unsettling when it happens even though I know it's probably still normal.

TTC#1 - March 2013

BFP 8/9/13 - EDD 4/14/14 - DS born 4/23/14

TTC#2 November 2015

Dx: Secondary IF June 2016

Medicated IUI cycle#1- Clomid+IUI -1/15/17 -BFN

Break Mid 2017 - Resumed TTC December 2018

"She believed she could so she did..."

Medicated IUI cycle#2- Femara 5mg+IUI 12/22/18 - BFP 1/4/19 - MMC 2/1/19

Saline Sono 3/15/19 - All Clear!

Medicated IUI cycle#3- Femara 7.5mg+IUI 3/28/19-BFN

Medicated IUI cycle#4- Femara 5mg+Gonal F 50iu+IUI 4/27/19- BFP 5/11/19 - MMC 6/12/19 - D&C 6/14/19-

Incomplete M/C Repeat D&C - 7/3/19 -Testing concluded baby was genetically normal  :'(

Dx: Unexplained RPL July 2019 - Tested + as carrier for Usher Syndrome & Familial Mediterranean Fever 

Saline Sono 8/7/19 - Mostly Clear! All systems go for IVF#1 

But will need a repeat Saline Sono between ER and FET

IVF #1 - Antagonist Protocol - 8/17/19

ER#1 8/27/19 - 12R, 6F, 4 biopsied+frozen! (3d5blasts + 1d6blast)- 2 PGS normal embabies!

Saline Sono 9/13/19 - All Clear! Onto FET Prep#1

FET#1 - 4AA -10/4/19 - BFP 10/14/19 - EDD - 6/21/20 -Beta#1-10dp5dt- 379 Beta#2-12dp5dt- 1007 Beta#3-14dp5dt- 2844

DD born 6/15/20  <3

• @ladyscientist823 - Just checking in on you. How are you? How are things going?

• That is so scary, @hanshotfirst77.  I am glad that everything looks good and they were able to get you in quickly. 
  • @hanshotfirst77 Hugs, definitely scary!
    1st born at 35+4 on 6/6/16
    Team green turned BLUE!
    2nd born at 38+6 on 8/30/18 
    Team green turned PINK!
    Due with #3 on 6/6/20 Team Green

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @hanshotfirst77 so scary! Glad everything is looking good still. ❤️
  • @hanshotfirst77 big bleeds are very scary, but I’m glad to hear everything has calmed down and the baby looks okay. Drink lots of water and take care of yourself! We’ll be rooting for you!
  • SpartanCatSpartanCat member
    edited October 2019
    At what point do you call the doctor regarding spotting? It's a very small amount of brown blood on my underwear and on the toilet paper so far. This happened last Wednesday as well. I don't feel like I have other symptoms but I'm very paranoid and concerned especially after having a few days of feeling no symptoms.
  • @SpartanCat my OB said not to generally worry unless it’s enough to fill a pad, and bright red. That said, if it will ease your mind to call, I would. That’s what they are there for! 
  • @chaos-and-coffee thank you. That does make me feel better. If I can find a private place to call at work I'll do that
  • @SpartanCat I agree with @chaos-and-coffee. It never hurts to call--that's why they set up a call-in line in the first place! They very well may tell you that they are not concerned and they don't think you need to do anything unless it gets worse, but even that can be enough assurance to ease your mind for a bit.
  • Brown blood is old blood so nothing to be concerned about from that.  I agree that calling to ease your mind and make them aware that it is happening can't hurt.  I had red spotting and then brown and then at my u/s last week the tech mentioned I had a minor bleed and would likely see spotting again, but it was still implantation bleeding, basically.  Minor amounts are ultimately NBD, but they certainly cause stress!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @spartanca my ob has the same guidelines as @chaos-and-coffee. If it's less than a pad don't worry. I would still call for personal peace of mind. Hope all is well. 
  • Thanks everyone. I waited to see if it would get worse and it was just that little spot and brown so I decided not to worry this time. I mean, I worried because that's what I do lol but worried at a level that I didn't need to call.
  • Following the same thoughts as above, Am 8 weeks pregnant, have an ultrasound scheduled this Thursday. Had one at 7 weeks where baby looked good w heartbeat. Yesterday had a tiny amount of brown spotting, today a bit more brown spotting with a tinge of pink/red. Just a tinge... is it worth calling ob? I really hope this isn’t the start of something bad. 
  • @maryanne2019 If you feel like you won’t be able to get it out of your mind all weekend, go ahead and call. But, I don’t think it’s anything to worry about at this point. Once you have a confirmed heartbeat, that’s huge. For an embryo to get to that point is major. Chances are, you just irritated your cervix or something. 

TTC since Feb 2016
  • @kiki75 thank you for your response!  I hope so.  Ok going to try to relax and see what happens...