June 2020 Moms

October Randoms

Re: October Randoms

• Interesting, I also thought it would have been sooner. No wonder it's so hard to trace these outbreaks when they happen (that is, when the food company doesn't catch it first) 
  • Not the same as listeria, but my son got sick with e coli when he was 18 months old. It usually takes 3-5 days to show symptoms but it can be up to 10 thus making it difficult at times to pinpoint the source. I think most people assume food poisoning is instantaneous, but the serious ones don't seem to be.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • @mariabele me 😬😬😬. I literally thought shit my new iPhone 😳
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • SpartanCatSpartanCat member
    edited October 2019
    @pourmeanothermocktail gross, keep it on your side of the lake please

P.s. cute costumes!
  • Not the same as listeria, but my son got sick with e coli when he was 18 months old. It usually takes 3-5 days to show symptoms but it can be up to 10 thus making it difficult at times to pinpoint the source. I think most people assume food poisoning is instantaneous, but the serious ones don't seem to be.
    So many people just blame the last thing they ate for food poisoning. It takes some time to stew. It's really hard to figure out the culprit for even "regular" food poisoning. 

Me: 34 DH: 38
    Married: June 2011
    TTC since Feb 2016
    BFP#1: 7/7/16 MMC: 8/16/16 
    BFP#2: 5/8/17 - CP
    BFP#3: 6/27/17 EDD: 3/10/18
  • @pourmeanothermocktail gross, keep it on your side of the lake please

P.s. cute costumes!
    Very gross. If I could send it up to Minnesota or Canada I totally would.
    1st born at 35+4 on 6/6/16
    Team green turned BLUE!
    2nd born at 38+6 on 8/30/18 
    Team green turned PINK!
    Due with #3 on 6/6/20 Team Green

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I dislike Panera. Overpriced for small servings. But oh man. I just had a turkey, avocado BLT and it’s the first thing I’ve finished in a week. I ate real food guys!! But now that means I’ll probably end up going back to Panera again

Married: 12/19/15         

BFP: 9/4/17             
    EDD: 5/16/18
    DD born 5/10/18
    Postpartum Complications

BFP: 10/1/19
    EDD: 6/12/20
  • Imma be over here crying. The scale jumped up like 3 pounds overnight 2 days ago and won't go back down. I'm not ready to gain weight. I'm like 6 weeks.
    ~~Signature Trigger Warning~~

Me: 32; Him: 36
    Married: Oct 20, 2013
    BFP 1: Aug 31, 2015
    EDD 1: May 12, 2016
    DD1 Emma born May 12, 2016
    An Honest Account of New Motherhood (with Postpartum Anxiety, Depression, and OCD)

BFP 2: October 07, 2019
    EDD 2: June 20, 2020

• @saladflambe with DS I gained 10 lbs the first trimester 🤷🏼‍♀️ All I could keep down were carbs. 
  • saladflambesaladflambe member
    edited October 2019
    @chaos-and-coffee I ate like 1,300 calories for lunch. I have just been getting ravenously hungry.
    Edit: but then I'm uncomfortable for forever after :( 

An Honest Account of New Motherhood (with Postpartum Anxiety, Depression, and OCD)

• @saladflambe I have to basically eat constantly all morning so I’m not nauseous but it tapers off and then I just am so full all afternoon. I remember it getting better in second tri but I was so obsessed with weight gain because I had a couple of people tell me I looked “too big” too early. My OB rolled her eyes at these people when I told her about it and she was not concerned at all. I went on to gain 40 pounds and be totally fine. I’m not even worried about the number on the scale this time around. Once you start feeling better you can work some healthy things into your diet but my first tri motto is to eat whatever the helll you can keep down! 
  • @chaos-and-coffee it's not really about eating "unhealthy things." It's just the quantity...like I find myself getting so much hungrier than I'm used to.

yeah I gained 40 with my daughter. I kept most of it, though, and I don't want to do that this time.

I did just take some miralax & Colace because I'm certain part of the problem is that I'm soooooooooo constipated

• @saladflambe omg yes the constipation is so real. 
  • @pourmeanothermocktail super cute costumes. Love it. ❤️ 

@blaf322 haha love your old lady costume 👍 looks awesome. You definitely do look comfortable lol 
  • My SIL mentioned to me the other night that you need a ton of protein in the first trimester, so I googled it and sites say anywhere from 50g to 100g per day. I was shocked! I definitely was not getting that. Certain meats are just making my stomach turn. My husband has now become obsessed with my protein intake and helping me think of different sources I can stomach...and I have to say....  In the last week since increasing, my nausea has gotten noticeably better. I did still puke a few times so far this week but I'm definitely not nauseous 24/7 like before. 

Just thought I'd share for anyone else suffering mega nausea ... Anything that can help us get through this is worth sharing!
  • saladflambesaladflambe member
    edited October 2019
    I'm up 4 pounds now.

I'm not ready for this!

• Question: How crazy would it be to plan a big trip (say, to New Zealand) when I'm ~20-24 weeks? Our original plan had been to go to Cambodia, but with Zika that can't happen for a while now, so our backup was New Zealand. We didn't get to do a big trip last year because of scheduling/passport issues, so I'd really like to get one more international trip under our belt before baby comes (plus I get to check off my 5th continent!).
  • @akoros
    I think go for it! You'll still be feeling pretty good in the second tri so it should be fun! We're going to try to hit a ski resort (even though I won't be able to ski yet) as a sort of babymoon. Having a June baby is going to make taking a summer vacation pretty challenging!

DD born 5/10/18
    Postpartum Complications

• Today marks the last day of our first month here in June 2020!  7 months to go until we hit go time ;)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Well when you put it that way @diagonalley ...

Still feels sooo long haha. But that may just be this constant nausea talking. Can't wait to hit second tri when I feel like I get my brain back!

DD born 5/10/18
    Postpartum Complications

• kyrwynkyrwyn member
    edited October 2019
    @akoros long flights can get pretty uncomfortable, but if your OB's okay with it I'd go for it. I flew to/from an academic conference at about 20 weeks with my first (5hr each way) and an aisle seat and tons of water during the flight made it manageable. I got up and walked every hour, too. With the super pregnancy nose, though, the bathroom was the most disgusting place ever. 

We later took a similar length flight with our one year old... Flying pregnant was way easier than flying with kiddo. ;) That being said, I cannot wait until we can take our kids to Germany for Christmastime some year. And that's 10+ hours for us. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • My almost 2 gets to wear his dino suit to daycare today and couldn't be more excited. Happy Halloween and blessed Samhain to all of You! 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @akoros If you're going to do it, right around 20 weeks is the time. Plane ride might still be terrible, and every time I go to an airport pregnant I get a nasty cold. 

But, that's when I was most able to get around and enjoy myself during the day.
    1st born at 35+4 on 6/6/16
    Team green turned BLUE!
    2nd born at 38+6 on 8/30/18 
    Team green turned PINK!
    Due with #3 on 6/6/20 Team Green

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @lo_c I didn't eat any meat first tri last time. I loved off of bagels and root beer barrel candy and ds is fine!

@akoros 20 weeks is a great time to vacation but sitting for long periods does get uncomfortable. I did a road trip in our rv slat that time with ds and definitely walked around and laid in bed to give my tail bone a break! 
  • Thanks all! I figure the flight would be hell...but then again so is any long flight for me so hopefully I can cope with lots of water and walking. Mostly a little worried about my energy level for some hiking, but then again we had fun in Norway last summer even though I was knocked out by a lingering stomach bug so perhaps I'll be ok as long as we manage our expectations.
  • @akoros I did a lot of long haul flying while pregnant and the positive is I slept the best I’ve ever slept on a plane. Beyond that it was hard but okay. But I think you’d be fine! I think you’d struggle with a hiking holiday but as long as you’re doing the normal site seeing things it’s absolutely do able 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Thanks @hayhay2501! By "hiking" I mean some shorter day hikes, nothing too crazy like backpacking. I'm also perfectly happy parking myself somewhere pretty while my husband goes and jumps around some rocks (I'm scared of heights, so this tends to happen regardless of my "condition"). 
  • Hiding pics in spoilers... is that the thing to do now? I feel so outdated from when I was on here while pregnant with DD 😂
  • @akoros ahah okay. I was worried you meant like 2 weeks living in the woods backpacking. I know there’s a wide range of activities in New Zealand. I’m super jealous btw! That’s so high on my bucket list. But SO FAR AWAY. Not one to do with a two year old lol
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @blaf322 I was afraid it would come through huge and he'd end up more Godzilla than dino. 😆
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Our CEO loves Halloween and makes everyone dress up or you get fined a dollar. I’m not kidding, it goes to a fund that assists employees in need but they walk around and check, fine. She ordered pizza for everyone and I’m on the opposite side from the lunch room so we didn’t know the second it got here. Walk in to grab my pizza a few minutes late and it’s literally gone. Wtf, savages? 
  • @blaf322 The spoiler thing is so strange to me, too.  It was not around the last time I was here, either!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @chaos-and-coffee That is so annoying. When I was pregnant with my first, my workplace provided lunch at a professional development and by the time word got to me that lunch had arrived, everything was gone. I had to go buy my own lunch   :(
  • @chaos-and-coffee, I think that would make me break and scream, "I'm PREGNANT you a**holes! You couldn't save me a piece?!?!"...and then run away crying (keep in mind I have yet to tell anyone at work yet, so this would be my professional maternity announcement)