TTC After a Loss

TTCAL week of 10/28

1. Introduce yourself 
2. Status?
3. R/R:
4.GTKY: What is your favorite “adult” beverage?
TTC history in spoiler
Me: 31 Him: 37
Married: Oct 2015
Baby G born June 2017
TTC#2: July 2018
BFP #2: 2/6/19 MC 3/14/19
BFP#3 from IUI #2: 6/30/20 EDD 3/9/21

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

Re: TTCAL week of 10/28

• 1. Introduce yourself: incomplete MC and D&C March 2019
    2. Status? WTO
    3. R/R: I decided not to temp during my period this month and I’m enjoying not having two alarms in the morning for now 😜
    4.GTKY: What is your favorite “adult” beverage? Hmm... my go-to is an amaretto sour, but I’m also a fan of frozen drinks, especially margaritas!
    TTC history in spoiler
    Baby G born June 2017

• 1. Introduce yourself: 1st time MC sep 2019, 8 weeks along 
    2. Status? TWW ... praying for BFP 🙏🏻
    3. R/R: trying to keep busy with Halloween, son’s 3rd birthday and this weekend’s Disney vacation! Packing a few test strips to take along! 
    4.GTKY: What is your favorite “adult” beverage? Tito’s + Seltzer with tons of lime 😋 
  • Loading the player...
  • 1. Introduce yourself: MMC Oct '19 (at 10 weeks)
    2. Status?: Benched until after next AF. I have an US with my OB on Thursday.
    3. R/R: Rave - I am 5 weeks away from graduating with my MA in Counseling, and I cannot wait!! Nervous, but excited. It's been three years, so it feels kind of surreal to be this close to being finished.
    4.GTKY: What is your favorite “adult” beverage?: Red wine. Apothic Crush is my favorite, but I also like Dark Horse, Carnivore, and Insomnia (all red blends or cabernet sauvignon). Those are my everyday red wines, but if I'm feeling fancy then I'll spurge on Caduceus (Maynard Keenan's brand), Castello di Amorosa, or one of the local top shelf reds. Williamsburg Winery has a few I like that I sampled at a tasting last year.
    Me: 37 / DH: 41
    Due with baby #2: Feb 2022

• Introduce yourself  pm 2-18
    2. Status? Tww
    3. R/R: our family all has colds, it's also supposed to rain in Halloween which takes the fun out of it
    4.GTKY: What is your favorite “adult” beverage? I dont drink often but in the summer coolers mikes jack daniels. Winter coffee tinis

@manillabar I'm glad you're enjoying the break from temping and tracking.

@irizarrym5 Welcome, sorry you're here. My ds will be 3 in December. 

@ttcbabyodo Congrats on being so close to graduation. Thats a huge accomplishment 👏

• 1. Introduce yourself: MC at 7 wks 3/19, MC at 5 wks (CP) 8/19
    2. Status? TWW
    3. R/R: we took a break on tracking this month so I hoped I’d avoid too much TWW insanity but no such luck. We have a fertility consult in mid Nov so it’s good to know that’s on the calendar. Our timing was really good this month (less stress, more booty) but trying not get my hopes up too much. 
    4. GTKY: Red wine is my usual choice, especially a Malbec but I’m also a sucker for old fashioneds. My husband has been on a mezcal old fashioneds kick recently and that’s a new favorite. I love any kind of smoky flavor so mezcal is dangerous. 

• 1. Early loss May 2019

2. WFAF- we were TTA this month because I just needed a mental break. It was amazing and much needed. 

3. So excited for Halloween and then my half marathon on Sunday! Disney races are the best. 

4.GTKY: What is your favorite “adult” beverage? Beer. Nearly any kind except those trash college party beers like Busch, Natty and bud light. 

@manillabar I always take a temp break during AF and it’s wonderful. 

@irizarrym3 I’ll be at Disney World this weekend for a half marathon! You doing world or land? 

@ttcbabyodo You’re so fancy with all your drinks lol. And I’m over here like, “um, beer is good.” 

@ble1 sorry you guys are all sick. Hopefully the weather holds out for you all on Halloween. 

@rachelredhead I hope you don’t need that November consult! Good luck this cycle! 

• babyodobabyodo member
    edited October 2019
    @rachelredhead - I love old fashioneds! I had never had one until my birthday party last year (Mad Men theme), and ohhh they're sooooo good!! One of the local boutique-y restaurants here has an old fashioned that dreams are made of. They even serve it with those big spherical ice cubes. Very bougie.

@tyrion_ - Hahahaha, don't let it fool you - red wine is just about the only booze I like nowadays (aside from the aforementioned old fashoineds). When I was in my twenties, I'd drink pretty much anything, and could do shots like a champ. Not so much anymore. I can hardly stomach any straight liquor (too many nights spent hugging the toilet followed by terrible hangovers the next day), and the only beers I like are microbrews. So yeah, call me basic, but pass the red wine, please.
    And good luck at the W&D! Are you doing any of the other races, too? Or sticking with the HM?

• @tyrion_ I have a goal to do a half marathon in every state (12 down!) and I’ve always known I’d do a Disney one for Florida someday but haven’t done it yet. Do they have several? Is there a certain one you like? Also, I think it’s great y’all recognized a need for a break. I know just stepping away from tracking this month was helpful for me. It’s amazing how much mental energy is used on TTC, no wonder we get exhausted. 

@ttcbabyodo congrats on the upcoming graduation! Hope you’re celebrating in a fun way!

@man@manillabar I haven’t had an amaretto sour in years but now I want one very badly! 

@iriz@irizarrym5 fingers crossed for you! 

@ble I’m fighting a cold now, too. Hope everybody is healthy soon! 
  • @ttcbabyodo the ridiculous sphere ice cube trays are available on Amazon, just FYI. You can also get ones that look like the Death Star from Star Wars if you’re so inclined. 😁
  • @rachelredhead They have a half in January (marathon weekend), February (the Princess), April (Star Wars) and November (Wine and Dine). I’ve done them all and you can’t go wrong with any of them. I will say the April half can be a little brutal weather wise. Especially for non-Florida runners. Wine and Dine is awesome because you get a ticket to a special post race event. They open the world showcase from 10p to 2am for runners and their guests. 

@ttcbabyodo I‘m such a baby, I can’t handle those wake up times multiple days in a row so I’m sticking with just the half. We are having a cold front come through so the weather should be amazing! I am so pumped! 

• @rachelredhead - I'm not @tyrion_, but she and I both share a love of runDisney, so I'll jump in, as well. runDisney hosts several races, usually in the Fall/Winter/early-Spring since it's cooler there during those months. Let's see, there's the Wine & Dine series, usually in late-October/early-November, followed by WDW Marathon Weekend in January, the Princess Half Marathon Weekend in February (typically the weekend following President's Day), and Star Wars Rival Run Weekend in April. Each weekend hosts a series of races (5K/10K/Half Marathon) and they have challenges, too, so if you register for a challenge (10K + Half Marathon; and Marathon Weekend has Dopey and Goofy challenges, as well) you get a special medal and race tee on top of the ones you get for the other races.

They used to host more races of different types or distances (Tower of Terror 10-miler; Chip & Dale relay; Expedition Everest obstacle course challenge), but they've really cut down on those. This was most likely due to all of the recent construction for Toy Story Land, Star Wars Land, etc. And they have postponed all races at Disneyland, as well, which sucks because that means no Coast 2 Coast challenges for the foreseeable future. I always had it on my bucket list to do Princess at WDW in February and then Tinkerbell at DL in May so I could get the C2C challenge medal, but alas, that's not gonna happen any time soon.

The Princess HM weekend has always been my "home race" series. It was the first HM I ever did, and I did it consistently for several years, adding in the 5K & 10K once the Glass Slipper Challenge was brought in. I've also done Wine & Dine, but ever since they switched it from a nighttime race to an early-morning race like all the other races they have, it's lost its luster to me.

• @ttcbabyodo and @tyrion_ thanks for the Disney recs!! Now I want to sign up for something! I know I want it to be part of a bigger trip because I haven’t been to the parks since I was little. Someday! 
  • @irizarrym5 sorry that you are here, but welcome! Enjoy Disney!!

@ttcbabyodo I hope everything looks good with your appointment today.

@ble1 it’s supposed to rain here all day, too. Hoping it lightens up enough for trick or treating this afternoon

@rachelredhead good luck! I find that even when I plan to “take a break” from ttc, I’m aware enough of my cycle and signs of ovulation that I’m still mentally tracking lol. Amaretto sours are the best! I’m pretty much a wimp when it comes to booze. I generally prefer my alcoholic drinks not to taste like alcohol 😂

@tyrion_ good luck on Sunday! I have a friend running the NYC marathon on Sunday. I’m not going (I had enough travels going to watch my husband at the Brooklyn half marathon a couple weeks ago, haha) but I’m gonna stalk her using their tracker app lol
    TTC history in spoiler
    Baby G born June 2017

• 1. Introduce yourself MMC Feb 2019, MC June 2019 (both D&C)
    2. Status? Waiting for AF
    3. R/R: I started a new job this week that is a remote position so been enjoying getting to work from home and around at cute cafes in me neighborhood. Rant is that I wanted to watch The Craft and it isn't available streaming for free on any services (Netflix, Hulu, etc.) BOO!
    4.GTKY: What is your favorite “adult” beverage? Rosé - I'm basic and that's how I get down.
  • Update: My appointment went well today. I didn't need a D&C, but my doc said there were some pretty large clots that most likely wouldn't pass on their own, so she recommended either another course of misoprostol or a procedure where she would dilate my cervix and suction out those two problem clots. Not quite a D&C since I didn't need to be put under and no metal tools, just a simple local anesthesia and then suction via a large plastic syringe. I opted for the latter (of course), because I wasn't a fan of the misoprostol the first time around and was concerned about recovery time since it's already been almost 3 weeks since I took it the first time. It was definitely uncomfortable, but not overly painful, and the entire process only took about 15 minutes. I was okay to drive afterward, and I feel much better now. FX that recovery is swift.

• @ttcbabyodo Hope you feel better! Rest up this weekend and do something you enjoy! <3
  • @ttcbabyodo sorry the process doesnt seem to end. I'm glad they were able to do the procedure right away. I hope your recovery is quick and painless
  • Thanks, ladies! I'm actually feeling great this morning. Only a slight dull ache on my lower left side (consistent with the functional ovarian cyst I have there) and the bleeding has tapered off significantly. I am hopeful that I am finally starting to move past this (three weeks later...ugh, lol).

• @ttcbabyodo So good that you’re feeling great this morning! This whole process is so demoralizing, I’m glad you’re staying strong. 💪🏼 
  • 1. Introduce yourself: *waves and passes out leftover Halloween candy*
    Hi ladies, mind if I join you? I’m just starting to come out of the fog after my MMC at 12 weeks on 10/17. I haven’t bumped since 2017, but I’ve been finding lurking to be comforting since I don’t know anyone in real life dealing with the same struggle (though I’m sure they’re out there... 1/4 is just staggering) 
    2. Status? Benched for now. I’m still bleeding from my D&C and have been told not to expect my first period until the beginning of December. I vacillate between the feeling of NEEDING to be pregnant again ASAP and the overwhelming fear of another loss. Right now, we’re planning to wait until after the holidays to decide what’s next.
    3. R/R: Rave: I am glad it’s November. October was so hard and I’m really making an effort to be positive going forward. **trigger LC mention** My son’s second birthday is later this month and Thanksgiving and Christmas are my absolute favorites so I’m just going to try to be thankful despite feeling like a rug was just pulled out from under me. 
    4.GTKY: What is your favorite “adult” beverage? One of my favorite restaurants has frozen cosmos that are to die for, especially with an extra shot of chambord :) Also I love fall and winter seasonal beers. 

High School Teacher Reluctant Floridian * Steelers Fan 

Family info in Spoiler

Married 6/2013
    DS 11/2017
    MMC 10/2019 @ 12 weeks 
    Planning to try for our rainbow 01/2020

• Hi @CandyApple2012 I'm so sorry you have found yourself here. I had MMC about a week before you, so I can definitely relate to your feelings of wanting to get PG again right away, and being afraid to do so. I think what has helped me (and I've needed it) is just to make my primary focus on getting well again. Self-care, exercise, eating well (except today, which I'm having an Impossible Whopper for lunch lol) and keeping in contact with my medical care team has really helped me stay sane throughout this process. *hugs* We're here for you.

• 1. Introduce yourself: MMC Oct. 2019 at 10 weeks
    2. Status? WTO
    3. R/R: I wasn't really feeling Halloween this year, since we would've been announcing around this time, plus it's been really hot this past week. Today, the high is 60 and it finally feels like fall. My birthday is coming up and Thanksgiving is a big drinking holiday in my family, so I feel like the next month will be easier to get through. 
    4.GTKY: What is your favorite “adult” beverage? I love riesling, but during the colder months, I prefer red blends.

@manillabar I feel like not having to temp during AF is the one silver lining. I took a break completely because I got tired of FF admonishing me for my jagged peaks #teamnosleep
    @ttcbabyodo I love Apothic Crush and similar red blends. I usually just go through all the Apothic and Menage a Trois blends between Thanksgiving and Christmas. I hope you're feeling better after your procedure. It feels like the process never ends!
    @rachelredhead have you done half marathons in NC or SC? Just curious, I've done several in those 2 states, so wanted to see if we've done some of the same ones. Most of the NC races have incredible scenery, especially the ones in/around Asheville
    @CandyApple2012 I'm sorry you're here, but welcome! I hope your DS's birthday and his excitement about the holidays can bring you joy during this sad season. My DS's 3rd birthday party was the day after we found out about our loss and it sucked having to pretend everything was ok (only a handful of people knew we were pregnant), but it was also a really good distraction.

Me: 35 DH: 34
    Married: April 2014
    DS born 9/16
    TTC #2 since December 2018
    BFP 8/19 MMC 10/19
    BFP 5/20 MC 6/20
  • Disney WORLD in Orlando and can’t wait! It’s actually a half beach vacay in Fort Lauderdale and second half Disney! Good luck on your race! 
  • @rachelredhead My husband and I are Disney people and became passholders this year. It is our favorite. Please have a Dole Whip for me this weekend  ;)
    @tyrion_ hoping your break was peaceful and relaxing - TTC was stressful for me before our loss so I'm bracing myself for the months ahead. 
    @ttcbabyodo Congrats on almost being done with your masters! I'm just getting started on mine and I'm wishing I had started sooner. Thank you for your kind welcome. 
    @mamasloth I can relate to your Halloween feelings. I would've been starting the second tri on Thursday and had purchased a cute Etsy halloween maternity shirt to announce to my students and I felt like instead I walked around all day thinking about how different the day should have been. Hugs. It's such a shitty place to be in. I'm sorry you had to pretend to be okay on your son's birthday - that's just another level of rough that I don't think I could handle. Hopefully November is a little better. Thank you for your kind welcome. 

High School Teacher Reluctant Floridian * Steelers Fan 

Family info in Spoiler

Married 6/2013
    DS 11/2017
    MMC 10/2019 @ 12 weeks 
    Planning to try for our rainbow 01/2020

• Welp, back to a new month and cycle. Started spotting day before I was going to test 😢