edited October 2019 in April 2020 Moms
EDD/W+D: 

Team Finding out/pink/blue/green:

Baby is the size of a(n): 

Upcoming Appointments: 

How are you feeling? 

Raves/Rants: 

Questions?

GTKY: Keeping with the Halloween theme, what’s your favorite and least favorite Halloween candy?

Re: Group 1 (April 1 - 8) - Week of 10/28

• EDD/W+D: April 7 / 17 weeks

Team Finding out/pink/blue/green: finding out

Baby is the size of a(n): pomegranate

Upcoming Appointments: November 19 anatomy scan

How are you feeling? I think okay - for the moment!

Raves/Rants: Snow day today and I was so productive working from home! Hopefully tomorrow will be the same - otherwise my rant would be that I hate to commute in winter weather! Too many drivers who don’t know how to drive in the snow. 

Questions? How’s everyone’s bump coming along? I feel like mine still just looks like I’ve gained weight or I’m super bloated...

GTKY: Favorite Halloween candy = Dots or M&Ms. Least favorite = candy corn. 
  • EDD/W+D: 17+1 due April 6th

Team Finding out/pink/blue/green: Pink!

Baby is the size of a(n): pomegranate 

Upcoming Appointments: A/S on 11/13

How are you feeling? Besides this gnarly cold/virus, pretty good!

Raves/Rants: We’re hosting Thanksgiving this year and I’m getting pretty excited!

Questions? Nope

GTKY: Keeping with the Halloween theme, what’s your favorite and least favorite Halloween candy? Favorite would be Twix for chocolate and Skittles for candy. Least favorite would be candy corn or those GOD AWFUL popcorn balls that old people hand out.

@jenabary - Dots are a blast from the past great choice! Also, my bump is weird. I’m a size 16 usually so it’s taking longer for it to show but some days it’s definitely there...but lumpy.
  • Loading the player...
  • @literatureandink Team Pink - how exciting! I do love skittles as well, and they can be a better choice than Dots because the little Halloween size packages almost always have rock-hard candy inside. 🙄 Glad to know I’m not alone in my search for the bump!
  • EDD/W+D: April 3, 17 W+4D (I’ve decided to go back to the due date that the midwives are going by instead of the dating ultrasound) 

Team Finding out/pink/blue/green: Team Blue! 💙

Baby is the size of a(n): Pomegranate 

Upcoming Appointments: Tomorrow I have an appointment with the midwife. Not sure what this one will entail, but we are meeting another one of the midwives tomorrow who we haven’t met yet!

How are you feeling? I’m feeling pretty good. No complaints! 

Raves/Rants: We had our gender reveal this weekend and it’s a boy! I thought for sure it was a girl, so we were surprised! It makes it all more real and I have to get used to calling the baby “he”! 

Questions? Anyone feeling the baby yet. I am anxiously awaiting it! 

GTKY: Keeping with the Halloween theme, what’s your favorite and least favorite Halloween candy?
    Favorite chocolate candy Reece’s peanut butter cups or butterfinger. Favorite fruity candy- Nerds or sour patch kids! Least favorite- those peanut butter taffy no name looking things in the orange or black wrappers. 

@jenabary my bump is definitely popping out there now. It shrinks in the morning, but gets bigger later in the day!
  • @babyrummom I’m so happy for you with your little boy! That cake looked delicious! I don’t know for sure if I’ve felt her yet but I feel random weird like bubbles that I don’t thinnnnk are gas. I’m looking forward to unmistakable movement!
  • @literatureandink Thank you! It was delicious! I think I have had a couple moments like that too, but still isn’t an obvious feeling!
  • EDD/W+D: April 6th 17+1 

Team Finding out/pink/blue/green: Finding out! Can’t decide if I will go for a private ultrasound to find out or wait to see if they put the gender in the anatomy scan report 

Baby is the size of a(n): Pomegranate 

Upcoming Appointments: Anatomy scan in a couple weeks 

How are you feeling? Pretty awesome. Probably more energy than before pregnancy. I’ve already forgotten about the first trimester yuckiness. Still have worse acne than I ever have in my life though. I think it’s getting better .. it mostly just seems to be “healing” now vs new pimples everyday. It still is making me super self conscious and it hurts! I also have had some pretty uncomfortable bloating a lot of evenings and occasional cramping. 

Raves/Rants: I guess see above re acne 😆 Raves- I went to my first prenatal yoga class! Most people looked quite a bit further along than me but the stretching still felt amazing. 

Questions? @jenabary I feel the exact same as you with the bump. Mostly just looks like a little extra weight in my tummy when I’m wearing pants and a shirt (I’m very slim though so some people might have noticed because my weight doesn’t fluctuate ever). Sometimes by the end of the day I have a pretty significant bump though! (All bloat) I still haven’t told a lot of people at work and I think I’m still getting away with hiding it 😜

I love skittles! And maynards candy (fuzzy peaches, cherry blasters) Least favourite would probably be regular chips ... 
  • EDD/W+D: 18 weeks

Team Pink

Baby is the size of a(n): croissant

Upcoming Appointments: 11/14 ultrasound

How are you feeling? Same acne as @Kath1414 and some round ligament pain. A little stressed about baby showers and registries. 

Raves/Rants: we just announced on social media and it was actually pretty fun hearing the well wishes from so many people we are friendly with. 

Questions? Have any of you known the sex but decided to keep it a secret? We were considering doing this but I’m struggling to find fun and neutral stuff for the registry. 

Fave candy is lemon drops (not really a Halloween one though) for Halloween I really love the caramel apple suckers. 
    I don’t like any candy with nuts! 
  • Are there that few of us in week 1? I feel like the check ins for the other weeks are always packed! lol
  • @literatureandink it looks like a lot more babies are due the second week of April! 
  • jenabaryjenabary member
    edited October 2019
    @babyrummom So glad you had a fun reveal! I’ve been feeling little flutters for a while, but no major movement or kicks. Also, I freaking love nerds and sour patch kids. I’m not sure why I didn’t think of either of those!

@kath1414 Same! I thought for sure I would need to tell my whole office by now, but I feel like it isn’t noticeable enough, so I’m just content to keep it to myself a while longer. The people I have told seem to have kept it quiet as well. 

@independentgeorge We’re considering keeping it a secret even though we plan to find out. I do seem to be finding a lot of gray gender neutral, but it seems a little boring!

@literatureandink I feel like there are more of us some weeks and certainly earlier on there were more week ones. Maybe dating scans pushed some ladies into the second week?
  • chiming in late here!

EDD/W+D: April 7th ; 17+2

Team Finding out/pink/blue/green: Finding out! And getting impatient for our anatomy scan on 11/20

Baby is the size of a(n): Creme Brulee

Upcoming Appointments: Just had my 16 week w/OB and got another ultrasound because they couldn't pick up baby's heartbeat on the dopplar. I was worried at first, but OB assured me it was not uncommon especially with my weight. 

How are you feeling? Great! I had at least a week of barely any symptoms and it was a dream. Now I'm getting some round ligament pains. 

Raves/Rants: My executive outed my pregnancy in front of a few other co-workers. I'm not showing yet, so I thought it was understood that it wasn't just a general topic for discussion out on the open floor at work. ugh. 

Questions? Anyone feeling movement yet? I keep thinking maaaybe that was it! and then convincing myself that no, that wasn't it. 

GTKY: Keeping with the Halloween theme, what’s your favorite and least favorite Halloween candy? I don't usually have much of a sweet tooth but I love gummy bears! I hate most other candies - candy corn, those neutral taffies, most chocolate, UGH and like candy cigarettes and wax lips. Do they still give those out?

@jenabary No bump here, and likely not for a while. I'm still 10 lbs under my pre-pregnancy weight and since I'm overweight to begin with I just look normal. Though my pants are starting to fit oddly.

@independentgeorge We'll tell everyone when we find out. That's been the number one question whenever we tell someone we're pregnant. It will be too hard for us to keep secret from family/friends. I am a little worried that well-meaning gift givers take it to mean we want everything blue or pink. We've decided to shop non-gender specific for the most part - nature/science/reading/cooking/animals
  • @danibean19 I can’t believe your executive outed you!! That is so frustrating. It took a little time to find the heartbeat at my 16 week appointment, and my provider told me after the fact that she usually warns people ahead of time that it can be difficult even at 16 weeks because baby is still quite small! I love your non-gendered ideas - my sister suggested we give a theme (like animals) if we have a shower to focus people in a direction rather than letting them go wild with the blue/pink if they know the sex. 
  • @danibean19 That is so lame that your executive outed you like that! My boss was wonderful and didn't whisper a word until I gave her the okay. It's not their business! Also, like you, I was overweight pre-pregnancy (about a size 16) and when I went in on week 14 two nurses couldn't find the hb with the doppler and had me go in for an u/s. I was going batsh*t crazy because I was convinced something was wrong. Nope, little girl was perfectly fine doing flips in there! It's still hard for me sometimes to find it on the home doppler. 
  • @danibean19 I just had an appointment yesterday and the first time they did the Doppler at 12 weeks it was found immediately. At my appointment yesterday (almost 18weeks), it took her so much long to find it. It was kind of freaking us out, but he was just squirming around in there.
  • @babyrummom - yeah, I'm lucky since it wasn't a big deal to switch to the ultrasound. She only tried for a minute or two and then had me pop across the hall to the ultrasound and there it was. I think I was in and out on the whole appointment in about 15 minutes. 

• EDD/W+D: 18w2d 

Team Finding out/pink/blue/green: blue

Baby is the size of a(n): sweet potato

Upcoming Appointments: Monday for fetal echocardiogram with MFM and my 18w appt with OB on Tuesday.

How are you feeling? Great actually! But I do have some occasional Braxton Hicks already, which I did with my last pregnancy also. It's mainly with exercise but given my 2 previous preemies, I may stop exercising soon because it makes me nervous.

Raves/Rants: I am just hoping the fetal echo is normal! Then we know baby will most likely be totally healthy and we can be cleared back to the OB, which is way cheaper than seeing MFM every 2 weeks! Fingers crossed and if prayers are your thing, keep em coming!!

Questions? My appetite hasn't really increased yet and I've not gained much weight yet (although baby's growth has been perfect). Is anyone else just not super duper hungry yet? I do get hungry but just feel full really soon after eating. I feel like my last pregnancy I never stopped eating!

GTKY: Keeping with the Halloween theme, what’s your favorite and least favorite
    Halloween candy? Reese's (or anything with PB and chocolate) and Almond Joy. I'm not a huge fruity candy person but lately I've been loving Starburst and Jolly Ranchers. Must be the baby loving them!

• @mwill291 I find that I’m still just regular hungry - and baby is growing perfectly. The one appetite change is that when I do get hungry I need to eat like immediately. And if I want something specific, I need to eat it NOW.
  • EDD/W+D: April 6, 17 +5

Team Finding out/pink/blue/green: GREEN!!

Baby is the size of a(n): onion

Upcoming Appointments: 11/15 for anatomy scan and OB APPT

How are you feeling? great! I don’t feel pregnant most days :)

Raves/Rants: my favorite OB from my practice is leaving :(

Questions?

anything out of my kids' baskets! loving Twix and Snickers :)