May 2020 Moms
Options

GTKY: Halloween Edition

What’s everyone doing and dressing up for Halloween this year?

Re: GTKY: Halloween Edition

• Options
    DS 2 is Buzz Lightyear and DS1, MH and I are going as the three aliens. You have saved our lives, we are eternally grateful. 😂 This is the first Halloween that the four year old has actually gotten trick or treating and so I’m excited to actually do family costumes without a meltdown. 🤣
  • Options
    DD is going to be Woodstock for her daycare parade and possibly a party this afternoon if she wakes up from her nap in time. It’s a costume my sister made - we are the lucky beneficiaries. H and I are not too into Halloween and probably won’t take DD trick-or-treating since she is so young - we will just stay home and hand out candy. First year in the house, so first time since I was a kid getting trick-or-treaters - exciting! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    DS is going as a storm trooper and MH will be Darth Vader. I’m not sure yet what I’m going to be...it’s supposed to be around 25 degrees Halloween evening so I need to plan accordingly. 
  • Options
    Hahaha @mdfarmchick That's too funny. DS is going as Buzz and MH and I are going as aliens too! Although I phoned it in for our costumes and we're just wearing alien beanies. 😂 
    **TW**
    Me: 35 | H: 40
    Married Sept. 2013
    DS1: Nov 11, 2016 <3
    MMC: 11/16/18 (9w6d)
    CP: 2/3/19 (5w3d)
    BFP!  8/24/19
    DS2: May 10, 2020 <3

• Options
    DD will be Tinkerbell and DS is going as a Power Ranger. DH and I aren't dressing up because I guess we're boring! 
  • Options
    We’re doing Monsters Inc. H is Sully, I’m Mike Wazowski, and DD is Boo. Our mountain town isn’t really conducive to trick or treating, but we have a cute downtown where all the businesses decorate and hand out candy on the sidewalk. There are a ton of families who go, so it’s a lot of fun.
  • Options
    DD will either be Anna or Elsa from Frozen, she hasn’t decided yet. Not sure if we will dress up or not yet. We usually do, so maybe I’ll thrown on something from a previous year.
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    • BFP: 9/16/15 — MC: 11/8/15 Blighted Ovum
    • BFP: 3/10/16 — Baby Girl born 11/20/16
    TTC#2 April 2019 
    • BFP: 9/12/19 — EDD 5/15/20

• Options
    DS1 is going to be gecko and DS2 is going to be Catboy (both PJ masks characters for anyone who hasn’t seen the TV show). I feel guilty because my mom used to sew use these crazy extravagant costumes when I was little, but all I did was go on amazon and let DS1 pick it out. He’s happy, so that’s all that matters!
  • Options
    DS is a dinosaur
    DD is a shark and I have a mommy shark hoodie I’m going to wear. The shark costume is huge so I need to do some alterations... I’m thinking of making the bottom into a skirt instead of pants.
    #1 DS 12/13/14
    #2 DD 7/1/17
    EDD 2/29/20 MC 7/19/19
    #3 EDD 5/29/19
  • Options
    DS is going as a Fortnite skeleton and wants me to be a witch. But I don't know that I will dress up it is cold here already 
  • Options
    queenklauqueenklau member
    edited October 2019
    DD is going as a minion and I may dress up as one of the Despicable me girls-maybe Agnes, since I have dark hair and overalls. I am usually a Halloween fanatic but this year I have been so sick that it has been hard keeping up. I also debated (with myself)!using my old Halloween skeleton+baby skeleton/bump shirt, it seems too soon, but I may do it! Also, it will rain tomorrow...so we shall see what we are able to do.

edited because I forgot the pups- he is going as a dragon. DH is boring so he will not dress up, per usual.
    ******TW******Siggy warning
    BFP1 04/24/2015 EDD Dec 2015 MMC 10W5d;
    BFP 2 09/25/2015 EDD June 2016 MMC 9wks; 
    BFP 3 03/22/2016 EDD Dec 6th 2016 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    DDS are both going to be spiders (the origin of my SN is from DD1 being a spider a few years ago and wearing the costume constantly.)

DH and I are going to be peanut butter and jelly. 
    DD1 born 1/15/14
    DD2 born 9/10/17
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    My daughter is going as a pumpkin for the third year in a row since her crocheted pumpkin costume still fits. It's supposed to pour rain here, though, so we'll probably just hit a few houses in the cul-de-sac. 
    DD #1: April 2017
    DD #2: May 2020
    Baby #3: EDD May 2023; MC October 2022

• Options
    DH and I are handing out candy, but I haven't even gotten the energy up to decorate the outside of the house. I have a Ms. Frizzle dress I'll probably wear, and DH will default to his ninja turtle costume/hoodie. It might snow/sleet here tomorrow, so who knows what the turnout will be like. I'll try to get some decorations up today...
  • Options
    We've done two rounds of campground trick-or-treating already this month. The first round DD was Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz, I was the scarecrow and MH was the cowardly lion. The second round DD was a woodland deer, I was snow white and MH was prince charming. Now- I'm OVER Halloween and all things trick-or-treating. I have no desire to dress up and do another round. If it rains (as it is forecasted to do so), we aren't even going to go. Maybe just go to dinner and let DD wear her costume. If it doesn't rain- well, I guess we will suck it up one more time. DD is really only good to trick or treat for a short amount of time anyways.