EDD: 5/16/18
DD born 5/10/18
Postpartum Complications

BFP: 10/1/19
EDD: 6/12/20

Re: Group 2 (June 7-13) Weekly Check in-Week of 10/28

• I'll get us started!!
    EDD: 6/12/19
    Upcoming appointments: 8 week scan on 10/31. I meet with my doc every two weeks and they do an ultrasound each time. 

How are you feeling? Oooooh. I've felt better. Nauseous, can't eat, but weirdly want hushpuppies? Sleeping as much as possible while DD naps and dreaming of an end to the first trimester.

Raves/Rants: Pulling together a last minute halloween costume for the group. Cruella, a thug, and a dalmation for the toddler :) WHy do I always wait til the last minute.

Questions: Not at the moment.

GTKY: Where did you and SO meet? The dorms! First week of college and been together ever since :)

Married: 12/19/15         

BFP: 9/4/17             
    DD born 5/10/18
    Postpartum Complications

• EDD: June 9 for now, I have a feeling it will change after my ultrasound this week based on a late O. 
    Upcoming appointments: Wednesday cannot come soon enough! First ultrasound. 

How are you feeling? Meh. Some days are better than others. Starving constantly, nausea sometimes, my section scar bothers me, super tired always. Craving all the sugar. 

Raves/Rants: I have so much work to do and absolutely no energy to do it. First tri hurry! 

Questions: not today!

GTKY: Where did you and SO meet? Trivia/taco Tuesday at a local bar. 
  • Loading the player...
  • EDD: june 12

Upcoming appointments: 11/7 - second ultrasound scheduled, was measuring a couple of days early at 7 weeks but saw a strong heartbeat but doc wants another ultrasound just in case... makes me a bit anxious!

How are you feeling?  A little anxious, was reading about missed miscarriages for no reason other than just to scare myself... and then felt like my symptoms has disappeared, but Lo and behold was sooo tired this morning had to go sit in a dark room at work and tried to nap for 15 minutes!

Raves/Rants: always feeling hungry but full at the same time - tummy is always bloated, so that’s probably why.

Questions:  when is everyone else announcing to their family?

GTKY: Where did you and SO meet?  At work!
  • EDD:  June 13 (so far, still need a dating ultrasound to confirm) 

Upcoming appointments:

Will schedule my dating ultrasound around 9 weeks.

How are you feeling?  Nauseas and tired

Raves/Rants: 

Questions: 

GTKY: Where did you and SO meet? We went to the same church for years. Didn’t really know who he was until he poked me on Facebook. Then I had a huge crush on him for three years before we started dating.
  • EDD: June 7

Upcoming appointments: Wednesday - first US & OB.

How are you feeling? Blech. Tired. Hungry but everything I eat makes me feel like crap. Low on patience.

Raves/Rants: I love that my OB does the first ultrasound. It’s so much better than having a tech do it. Especially for ones where the OB appointment isn’t until days later. I want Wednesday to hurry up but I don’t.

Questions: 

GTKY: Where did you and SO meet? We initially met through a mutual friend.

@alli392 That sounds like a cute group costume!

@chaos-and-coffee I’m with you on the sugar. It’s all that sounds good. 

Me: 34 DH: 38
    Married: June 2011
    TTC since Feb 2016
    BFP#1: 7/7/16 MMC: 8/16/16 
    BFP#2: 5/8/17 - CP
    BFP#3: 6/27/17 EDD: 3/10/18
  • @dirftmd I told my mom and dad and my best friend. If anything happened, I would want them as support. We will tell my in-laws after the ultrasound on weds., but none of my husbands siblings until I can’t hide it anymore. I may tell a friend or co-worker after the ultrasound. My rule of thumb is that if I had something happen, I would want these people to know. So I tell them 🤷🏼‍♀️ Plus I can’t hide shit from my mom. 
  • edited October 2019
    First off, @chaos-and-coffee I thought I was the only one who hadn’t had an ultrasound yet!!!  I’m so relieved. 😂😂

EDD: June 11, but will confirm this week, I think I had an early O

Upcoming appointments:  Halloween is my big first appointment!!  Hoping all will look good with little squiggle. 

How are you feeling? Ok, so so tired and some constant but not too intense nausea, And I’m not sleeping well at night. But so excited and happy!!

Questions: Not yet

GTKY: Where did you and SO meet?  In college I worked as the pianist for a group he was singing in.  Our paths crossed many ways for the next 5 years til we decided to do something about it 😍
  • @maryanne2019 we told family already 😆they knew we were trying and my nausea has been so bad it was impossible to hide. A group of friends spotted my sea bands the other day too and outed me so it’s not much of a secret anymore except at work. I’m okay with that but I wasn’t quite ready for everyone to know. 

@MssyMmmy that’s so cute! I forgot poking was a thing 😂

@kiki75 I’ve never heard of an ob doing an ultrasound before. I’m kind of jealous!!

@sleepingbeauty610 I have an ultrasound on Halloween too! Always so nerve wracking and exciting at the same times!

DD born 5/10/18
    Postpartum Complications

• EDD: 6/11
    Upcoming appointments: Nov 18.

How are you feeling? Miserable. I'm constantly hungry with nausea, and super tired. Otherwise I'm feeling positive!

Raves/Rants: I told my mom I was pregnant early because she is having a rough time and wanted her to have something positive to look forward to, and then she decided to let the whole world know.  :s

Questions: 

GTKY: Where did you and SO meet? We met in high school, but didn't start dating until after college.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    **TW in Spoiler**
    https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/683816

BFP 6/30/16, MC 8/21/16
    BFP 05/04/17, 5/10/17 Emergency LAP due to ectopic. Right tube removed.

BFP 07/12/17, ECDD 03/25/18  -  Silver Orion Born 3/23/18
    BFP 09/30/19, EDD 06/11/20

• @alli392 We did the same - last minute bought DS a dinosaur costume. It works, and he loves it.

@maryanne2019 A strong heartbeat is promising!  <3

@sleepingbeauty610 I've also not had an US. It's probably not going to happen until sometime after my Nov 18th appointment.

BabyFruit Ticker
    **TW in Spoiler**

BFP 6/30/16, MC 8/21/16

• @SoraLk oh no! I both feel bad for your mom but would also be sooo mad at her. We told both moms at six weeks and they both were like “oh, I already thought you might be” so I guess we couldn’t have kept it a secret anyway 🤷🏻‍♀️ But geez ladies, let’s be a little more excited. 

DD born 5/10/18
    Postpartum Complications

• @SoraLk whaaat?! She told everyone? I'd have been FURIOUS!
  • EDD: 6/7

Upcoming appointments: Thursday ultrasound 

How are you feeling? nauseated pretty much nonstop, but maybe the intensity has lessened? Still gagging when brushing my teeth.

Raves/Rants: We had SO MUCH driving this weekend, and I’m so glad we don’t have to travel any big distance for a while, at least until thanksgiving. Rave is still MH who has taken on cooking dinner many nights because I just feel like I can’t.

GTKY: Where did you and SO meet? e-harmony. Is that a thing anymore? Not a cute meet, but I’m happy to sacrifice the story to have him.

@alli392 procrastination, maybe, but that’s quite an undertaking!! I’m phoning it in the year with putting my daughter in last year’s costume.

@chaos-and-coffee it’s so weird how cravings can be so different! You can have my sugar. Which is not something I’d normally say.

@maryanne2019 I make bad calls with google searches too, ha. But I did read that Mc rates decline after seeing a good heartbeat, so I’m not searching more after finding that.

@MssyMmmy any reason you’re waiting to schedule the appointment? Are you just a relaxed person? I could take a page out of your book if so! 

@kiki75 I’ll be thinking of you tomorrow! Have a fantastic appointment!!

@sleepingbeauty610 sorry about the sleep issues—I feel your pain! We are appointment buddies this week! Fx for both of us!

@soralk sorry about your mom! My mil blabbed a bunch with dd. But she knew she was in the wrong at least and tried to apologize. Oh moms. 
  • @alli392 @blaf322 @begging4abump Haha, yeah no apology here, but I'm not going to expect one. I told her I didn't want anyone else to know until the doctor's appointment - but of course she's way to excited.

BabyFruit Ticker
    **TW in Spoiler**

BFP 6/30/16, MC 8/21/16

• EDD: 6/11/2020 (I got bumped --hehe-- by a week during my US yesterday and am now in this group. :)

Upcoming appointments: Next is Nov 26 ... a loooong time from now.

How are you feeling? My biggest symptom has been excessive sleepiness, like.... zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Raves/Rants: None.

Questions: None at the moment!

GTKY: Where did you and SO meet? We met on a site called "How About We" where you propose date ideas "how about we.... go kayaking". I don't think it exists anymore. Our first date followed two disaster dates where one guy told me that he's a serial liar and a second showed up drunk. I told him he had a really low bar to clear to get to a second date: just come sane and sober. 
  • @begging4abump I am in Canada. My midwife told me to wait until after 9 weeks. 🤷‍♀️ I am okay with it. I would rather a pic of it looking a little further along. I remember the first one with my son he just looked like a little shrimp and I was underwhelmed. The anatomy scan gave better pics :)
  • @mariabele welcome!! Yours and your SOs story is hilarious. What was your first date ? 

DD born 5/10/18
    Postpartum Complications

• @chaos-and-coffee I hope you have a great appointment today!!

TTC since Feb 2016
  • Thank you @kiki75! I’ll update back with hopefully good news! 
  • EDD:  6/7

Upcoming appointments: next one is scheduled for 11/26

How are you feeling?  Tired AF.  The nausea isn't bad, I find saltines help.  I wish the cramping and stretching would subside!

Raves/Rants:  I did not like the ultrasound tech at my appt this week! I'm with a new practice, and my old office did an internal ultrasound at 8 weeks so I got some good views and could hear the heartbeat.  Apparently at this office, they don't do internal ones, so I got a super quick ultrasound, and she didn't let me hear the heartbeat, all she did was show me it flickering.  It was very underwhelming, which makes me sad since it's our last baby.

Questions: none at the moment! 

GTKY: Where did you and SO meet? Match.com!  He's an eagles fan and I'm a Giants fan, so we had our first date at the bar while they played each other. 

Pregnancy Ticker

• @chaos-and-coffee SO HAPPY FOR YOU!! Congrats :)

@lwhrmomma I’m sorry your ultrasound wasn’t what you hoped but glad that baby is in there and looking healthy!!

DD born 5/10/18
    Postpartum Complications

• EDD: 6/12/19 
    Upcoming appointments: 11/6 for US and viability testing

How are you feeling? I'm still nauseous and tired. Still worrying about potential miscarriage, I think I will until the Dr says whether or not things look good. I am 37 and high risk for other reasons so I worry kinda through out my whole pregnancy

Raves/Rants:  I HAVE NO PATIENCE FOR ANY OF THE THINGS, at work, at home, don't test me #nottodayson

Questions: How long did you wait to tell your other kids?

GTKY: Where did you and SO meet? MYSPACE but we told most people mutual friend, it was before it was really normal to say we met online :D  yea we old folks, dated 3 years Married in 2009.

• @alli392 We went to see Dirty Dancing at a local theater. :)
  • @alli392 It’s funny because when I told my doctor a while ago how much I appreciated how they do things she was very “well of course!” about it & she’s practiced in a couple places. It’s such a good part of the dr.-patient relationship. Last time she got all misty with me for the joy of finally getting a sticky baby. And *TW* with the first one that was an “I’m so sorry” ultrasound it was so much better to have my doctor right there to talk options & questions instead of some tech I don’t know who can’t say anything and then to wait days to actually see my doctor. If I were a doctor, first USes are the appointments I’d want to be at. To get to be there for the joy but to be able to be there for patients who are going through the worst. 

@lwhrmomma I’m sorry the scan itself was a disappointment (I’d definitely casually mention it to the doctor. “I was so disappointed we didn’t get to hear the HB...”) but hooray for a HB!!

@kelleyma82 The emotional part is hard. I’m struggling to be a kind, patient, mirthful mom by bedtime at the same time he’s struggling to be a kind, patient, mirthful kid. Usually at night, we’ll change diaper & get pajamas on, then he’ll join me in the bathroom & dink around with his bath toys while I wash my hands & get his toothbrush ready. The other night, DS made it over to the toilet brush before I could stop him & pulled it out & it touched his sleep sack. 🤮 I said some pirate words. Then I cried. 

@chaos-and-coffee 🥳 Congratulations!🎉 

TTC since Feb 2016
  • Hey @begging4abump how’s it go today? Thanking of you!!

DD born 5/10/18
    Postpartum Complications

• Suppose I should say our appointment went well since I had one today too. HR of 170 and measuring right at 7+6. She even let me take a week off and schedule for 3 weeks from now instead of two haha. Yay for an extra week!

DD born 5/10/18
    Postpartum Complications

• @alli392 Glad to hear yours went well!! And I hope you were able to get those Halloween costumes done on time. If you’re by chance willing to show them (with faces hidden) I’d love to see it!! AFM, my appointment went well, and I was discharged from the RE. 🎉   But then in the afternoon the RE office left me a message about coming in next week and I FREAKED OUT. After a bit of phone tag and waiting, they told me it was at my discretion since my ob appointment isn’t until 11/18, so they were just offering in case I’d like another. Phew!
  • @alli392 @begging4abump Glad to hear your appointments went well!! 🥳🥳

TTC since Feb 2016
  • @alli392 @begging4abump @mariabele @chaos-and-coffee   Hooray for Good appointments!!! 

I have so much love for all and your sticky little berries!

@MssyMmmy @SoraLk  I’ll be joining you both waiting for a scan appointment, as I went in for my first scan appointment on Halloween for a glorious miscommunicated between the receptionist and myself—- the nurse I met with simply asked me a few questions / blood pressure and said they actually don’t do any kind of ultrasound or HB check til 12!?!? Weeks. So my raging pregnant hormones screaming in the background I barely managed some kind of pleasant ‘oh ok’ before leaving. I was really hoping for HB or SOMETHING because my military husband gets a 5 minute call on baby appointment days, And I had basically nothing new to say to him.  I am learning fast to ask better questions of my medical staff. 
  • @sleepingbeauty610 Sorry for the disappointing appointment!! I hope the next 4 weeks speed by!!