June 2020 Moms

October symptoms

Re: October symptoms

• I AM SO BLOATED. It’s uncomfortable!!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @hayhay2501 me too. What in the world
  • Loading the player...
  • @sheshe3386 me too! Week 7 is taking forever. I’m gagging every other bite. 

@cricket628 totally agree. I hadn’t heard that! But Henry was my favorite for a long time-just so funny!!

Married: 12/19/15         

BFP: 9/4/17             
    EDD: 5/16/18
    DD born 5/10/18
    Postpartum Complications

BFP: 10/1/19
    EDD: 6/12/20
  • @SpartanCat I believe GasX is okay. My doctor said it was last pregnancy. Super bloated over here as well. 
  • Super bloated, tired all the time, bras are getting a little tight... did I mention being tired?!
  • The nausea really stepped it up today. I honestly wish I could throw up just to get some relief. I bought a sea band on my way home tonight because I'm desperate to try anything. I kind of feel better?
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @bluehydrangea17 that would make my life if it is okay. I messaged my doctor right when I found out (haven't seen the OB yet) and she said the only thing that's okay is Tylenol. It's likely that's not an exhaustive list of okay meds lol
  • Does anyone else here suffer with bad varicose veins in the legs prior to pregnancy? And have it flair up worse during pregnancy? 
  • @bluehydrangea17 - Dr. Google is showing Gas-x as a C class drug so I wouldn't want to take it if I could help it. That said, I feel like my doctor said it was okay last time. 

@SpartanCat I'd give your OB a call about it instead of your PCP. They don't always have the best knowledge around pregnancy and medication safety and will err on the side of caution if they're unsure. Your OB will have a better idea.
  • I'm a believer in the sea band.  I felt awful ALL DAY yesterday but bought one last night.  I have not felt nauseous at all today and have been wearing the sea band since last night.  The lady at the check out tried to convince me it wouldn't work.  Well, maybe it's not and this is a fluke but I actually feel ok so I'm keeping it on!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I'm a believer in the sea band.  I felt awful ALL DAY yesterday but bought one last night.  I have not felt nauseous at all today and have been wearing the sea band since last night.  The lady at the check out tried to convince me it wouldn't work.  Well, maybe it's not and this is a fluke but I actually feel ok so I'm keeping it on!
    I've definitely felt some relief with mine.I don't care if it's placebo or not, feeling better is feeling better, and they're not super expensive. 
    1st born at 35+4 on 6/6/16
    Team green turned BLUE!
    2nd born at 38+6 on 8/30/18 
    Team green turned PINK!
    Due with #3 on 6/6/20 Team Green

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • My husband had stomach flu and I can't tell if I'm catching that or nausea is back in full swing. Feel like it's the baby. You can't choose not to puke for stomach flu right? Seriously the worst 
  • Here we go again with no symptoms.  I should just be happy, because I felt so crappy the last few days.  But I cant help but worrying.  
  • @kerco925 I've felt the same way all day :(
  • I just started uncontrollably falling asleep in a meeting.
    Like going cross-eyed and micro-napping. How embarrassing.
    I also look like I'm dying, so...
    ~~Signature Trigger Warning~~

Me: 32; Him: 36
    Married: Oct 20, 2013
    BFP 1: Aug 31, 2015
    EDD 1: May 12, 2016
    DD1 Emma born May 12, 2016
    An Honest Account of New Motherhood (with Postpartum Anxiety, Depression, and OCD)

BFP 2: October 07, 2019
    EDD 2: June 20, 2020

• alli392alli392 member
    edited October 2019
    @diagonalley @pourmeanothermocktail
    i don’t care if it’s placebo! When I wear them I can eat and when I don’t I gag with every bite! Even if it’s only taking an edge off, it helps. Thanks for recommending them last week @pourmeanothermocktail!

i will say that people will out you while wearing them though if they recognize what they are. My students haven’t said anything but a group of my friends saw them and figured it out right away. 

DD born 5/10/18
    Postpartum Complications

• @saladflambe OMG... did anyone see you?! Did they call you out if they did?

I'm already feeling some RLP. Hopefully this doesn't mean it's going to be really bad later on.
    Part of me wonders if I felt these things early on the first time but just didn't know enough to know what was going on and decided it was something else. Like how STMs tend to feel kicks earlier than with their first b/c they already know what it should feel like.
  • @blaf322 nobody said anything. A lot of people at work know I'm pregnant, but I haven't told anyone in that meeting. I pretty much just look really sick/exhausted right now.
    ~~Signature Trigger Warning~~

Me: 32; Him: 36
    Married: Oct 20, 2013
    BFP 1: Aug 31, 2015
    EDD 1: May 12, 2016
    DD1 Emma born May 12, 2016
    An Honest Account of New Motherhood (with Postpartum Anxiety, Depression, and OCD)

BFP 2: October 07, 2019
    EDD 2: June 20, 2020

• @saladflambe whew! Hopefully your energy is back up soon!
  • I made the dumb-dumb mistake of taking my prenatals on an empty stomach this morning. Less than 30 mins later I was hugging the toilet! I'm not complaining, though. Prior to this morning, it had been over two days since I felt ANY pregnancy symptoms, and my mind started going to dark places...

@kerco925 and @SpartanCat I know how you feel. You feel terrible if you have symptoms, but equally as terrible if you don't. And as great as this Symptoms thread can be, I've also found it a source of stress at times when it seems like everyone else is feeling pregnancy symptoms except me. Sometimes I have to stay away from this thread for several days just to keep my sanity. It's comforting to hear that I'm not alone in terms of symptoms that come and go!
  • @SpartanCat @blaf322 I would definitely check with your own OB. My doctor gave me a booklet with medicines that were okay last pregnancy. 
  • Hey Everyone,

I have been constantly nauseous for 3 weeks now (throughout the whole day). All of a sudden today I feel like a human being again, not nauseous at all. I am only 8 and a half weeks along, and it stopped so sudden! I want to be ecstatic about not wanting to throw up right now, but I am also worried. I am reading that other people are concerned about symptoms stopping/not having symptoms. Should I be freaking out right now?! 
  • @alli392 I should just put a scrunchie over it and noone would be the wiser 😂

Sksksksks save the turtles!

Can you tell I teach middle school!?
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @blaf322 I'm with you the RLP is legit and I'm just 6wks.  It started yesterday and is worse tonight after working all day.  
  • @blaf322 All 3 pregnancies my RLP started around 4.5-5 weeks. 

@sunbeams123 My nausea comes and goes, like a switch, and it'll disappear for days at a time. Which is different than my previous pregnancies, but so far no other concerns here.
    1st born at 35+4 on 6/6/16
    Team green turned BLUE!
    2nd born at 38+6 on 8/30/18 
    Team green turned PINK!
    Due with #3 on 6/6/20 Team Green

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • edited October 2019
    🙋‍♀️
    ⚽️⚽️
    I think I have tripled bra sizes. ... but I was so tiny to start so I’m now fitting normal bras 😂
  • edited October 2019
    @bbluemoo

yes!  I thought it was a new shampoo I had just started using last week, but a few switches later and my hair didn’t seem to improve??  Guess I’ve got to choose now between more regular hair washings or a little more grunge at work....

@diagonalley
    same with the middle schoolers. I’m constantly having my vocabulary expanded 😂😂
  • @diagonalley only because I also teach middle school 😂 what wonderful weirdos we get each year

DD born 5/10/18
    Postpartum Complications

• @sunbeams123 I wouldn't worry. I know easier said than done, but if there was a loss it takes hormones a while to level out. They don't just immediately go back to normal. A sudden stop of symptoms doesn't mean a thing. Keep your head up and enjoy the feeling good while you can. 
  • I’m soooo sleepy today.  How are all of you keeping up with daily life?

Also, not being able to drink has put a bit of a damper on date nights... what do you all do for fun?

• @maryanne2019 I’ve switched wine for indulgent deserts on date nights 🤣. Not the same but even if alcohol was okay to drink- I have noooo desire to drink it now!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I’m so bloated and have been eating all the salty carbs so as a result I feel absolutely disgusting. I know this is the awkward bloat phase but uch I don’t feel like myself 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Man, when the symptoms disappear, I swear they are ramping up for revenge.  I cant even function today.  
  • @hayhay2501 that switch to dessert strategy is brilliant. I still can’t stomach sugar but when I can-oh man. I can’t wait. 

Guys, I think I’m losing weight because eating is so hard. I’ve had three people in two days tell me how thin I look (which is ironic because I’m pregnant but they don’t know that) and every thing is baggy. I know I should be flattered but I didn’t have weight to lose before this pregnancy. What do I do? I’m eating when I can and hitting the 2.5 L a day water goal most days but man this time is so much harder than with DD. Anyone else lose weight? Anyone have a magic nausea tip to crunch in some calories? I see my Doc tomorrow to talk about meds but since I’m not throwing up I’m not hopeful. Just can’t gag it down 😭

DD born 5/10/18
    Postpartum Complications

• blaf322blaf322 member
    edited October 2019
    @alli392 Unisom (doxylamine, not the diphenhydramine kind) helped me last time. I took it before bed every night and it helped my nausea and aversions some. I’d try that to start out with since that’s what my RE recommended 
  • @alli392 I've lost about 3 lbs this past month, but I started at a solid 15 lbs or so over my ideal weight, so neither myself nor my midwife is concerned. I think it depends on your current weight and just how much weight you've lost. I've read that it is a concern in the first trimester if you lose more than 10% of your body weight (so if you started at 150 lbs and are down to 135, that would be concerning). Anything less than that is probably normal and your body should make up for it in the second and third trimester. Of course your doctor will be able to give you better answers for your particular situation. Keep us posted, as I'm curious to hear what your doctors says!
  • I am hungry all the time.  Like I ate a big lunch today and an hour later, I am hungry again.  Stomach growling and everything.  It's crazy. 
  • @ladyscientist823 @blaf322 okay I will check with her about unison! I don’t think I’ve lost more than about 5 but when you’ve maintained the same weight your whole life that feels like an awful lot!! But not 10%. Thank you ladies! I never expected it to feel this bad the 2nd time around when I didn’t the first so it’s hit me really hard!

DD born 5/10/18
    Postpartum Complications

• I’ve also had a loss of symptoms today and it’s freaking me out a bit....

I had to go for the 1 hour glucose test today because my BMI is just over 30. 😒 I’m only at 8 weeks so it honestly seemed a little early to me...

I wasn’t able to go until 2:30 and I was dreading it all day because I figured I was going to feel like death afterwards....but to my surprise I didn’t! I feel more normal than I’ve felt in weeks....but I also didn’t take my prenatal today until just now. I usually take it right after breakfast so maybe that’s the issue?! Hmmmm