May 2020 Moms

TTGP Grad Check-In 10/25 (a day late)

This is a check-in for people who were active on TTGP before getting the BFP. We welcome all TTGPers in other BMBs as well. 

What's going on this week?

How far along are you?

Upcoming appointments?

Cravings/Symptoms?

Rants/Raves/Randoms?

Questions?
**TW**
Me: 35 | H: 40
Married Sept. 2013
DS1: Nov 11, 2016 <3
MMC: 11/16/18 (9w6d)
CP: 2/3/19 (5w3d)
BFP!  8/24/19
DS2: May 10, 2020 <3

Re: TTGP Grad Check-In 10/25 (a day late)

• Loading the player...
  • What's going on this week? I was busy at work all week. This weekend is going to be our last nice weekend so we are hitting up the pumpkin patch.

How far along are you? 11+2

Upcoming appointments? Tuesday! I cannot wait.

Cravings/Symptoms? Once in a while I catch a whiff of something that makes me gag, RLP, fatigue and bloating.

Rants/Raves/Randoms? DD took over a 2 hour nap. I bought some bins and organized a closet, our Halloween stuff, finished decorating inside, and did laundry. I was so productive!

Questions? Nope!

@ruby696 sorry about the fires and all the power issues. I’m also having a hard time hiding, but from friends and family. Work already knows. I had a little but of a belly before and now at 11 weeks is more accentuated from my Ute and bloat. 3 more weeks of hiding it until we tell! 😬

@jrouge12 That is so cute!
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    • BFP: 9/16/15 — MC: 11/8/15 Blighted Ovum
    • BFP: 3/10/16 — Baby Girl born 11/20/16
    TTC#2 April 2019 
    • BFP: 9/12/19 — EDD 5/15/20

• @m6agua we're waiting until 14 weeks too! I have no idea how I'll pull that off at work...😂
  • @shamrocandroll, I’m sitting here with tears in my eyes for you. So so happy for you. Two sweet little guys 💙💙 and even better that the results were low risk. Congratulations! 
  • @tyrion_ Aww thanks!  I'm very excited!  <3 
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19

• @ruby696 so sorry about all the fires! Props to you on continuing to hide it... I gave up haha

@jrouge12 I love that your DD got so into her costume at the trunk or treat 😄

@m6agua good luck at the appointment today!!!

@shamrocandroll so excited about your second little boy and everything being low risk!!  I was just moving some boxes of clothes that are too small for DD and was thinking “this would save so much money to have another girl” 😂
  • @mokay19 Seriously, SO much money!  We have a lot of gender neutral clothes for newborn-6m because we were team green the first time, but after that they turned pretty boy-specific.  I have 2 giant 50 gallon totes with vacuum packed clothes that I didn't know to what degree I'd have to go through all of that, but looks like I pretty much just have to unpack, wash, and hang them!  🎉
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19

• What's going on this week? Well, I’m super late so technically it’s the next week 😂 we got snow last night!

How far along are you? 10+3

Upcoming appointments?  Thursday at the OB— this will be the only OB appt that I do with her because I’m switching practices for my next appt so I can deliver at the hospital that I want

Cravings/Symptoms?  Nausea, MOTN wake-ups, RLP, shooty vag

Rants/Raves/Randoms?  DD has been suuuuuuch a mommy’s girl lately which, don’t get me wrong, is super cute. But I’m already nauseous and SO exhausted from this nugget inside me that I’m like “don’t you want your daddy to hold you??” And she’s like “nooooooo!” 😑😏

Questions?  So! I know this was discussed in other threads before, but I think I’m going to go with a midwife again this pregnancy (as long as I like her at my first appt on 11/27) and then just possibly request an OB at delivery if I’m freaking out 😂
    my question for people who have delivered with a MW before, can they give you pain meds? Haha at the hospital that I delivered DD, if you went with a MW for delivery, you were agreeing to no pain meds and I couldn’t make that commitment. But idk that’s standard or just normal at a military hospital. 
  • @mokay19 That's crazy - what does a midwife have to do with pain meds?! My hospital has anesthesiologists who do the epidurals. If you need some other kind of pain meds, the nurse runs it by whoever is on call if she needs an OB's auth. My midwife rotated between me and multiple other patients giving birth. So most of the time, my l&d nurse was tracking someone down if she needed authorization for something. And the hospital has on call OB's in case things go sideways. 
  • @mokay19 I would think if there are a CNM they could order pain meds. We also got snow last night!

@shamrocandroll Congrats on another boy!! So exciting, sucks that they are completely opposite seasons though! Although I guess you never know, they could end up smaller or bigger that DS1 and the clothes could work out.
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    TTC#2 April 2019 

• @ruby696 yea, I’m not sure why they had the rules that way but that’s the way it was!  I ended up being med-free anyway since it was so fast but if this one doesn’t go as quickly then I don’t know if I’ll be able to handle it! 
  • Random thought: there hasn’t been a TTGP graduate in a few weeks right? I hope there’s a large exodus soon!
  • @mokay19 Me too! I keep checking to see if anyone posts.
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    TTC#2 April 2019 

• @m6agua Yeah, I've thought about the opposite seasons thing, but thankfully we mostly dressed DS in layers, so I think I'll still be good with what we have for the most part!
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19